PDA

View Full Version : Millennials cannot even type

BigKobeFan
02-18-2020, 04:31 PM
I went to the bank yesterday to sign up for an account to be opened. The person there helping me couldn't even put her fingers on the right keys.

THen she started typing with her fingers, one by one.

Do they not teach typing courses anymore in high school?

falc39
02-18-2020, 04:56 PM
I went to the bank yesterday to sign up for an account to be opened. The person there helping me couldn't even put her fingers on the right keys.

Mario teaches typing... we had a class in junior high and I’m not kidding when I say we spent at least 90% of the class on that game. Must’ve been the easiest teaching job of the whole school for that teacher and looking back I’m so glad I took that class.

Patrick Chewing
02-18-2020, 04:59 PM
Anyone under 30 right now is dumber than dirt in this country that's for sure. I took typing for two years in high school and it was one of the easiest classes I've ever taken.

Im so nba'd out
02-18-2020, 05:33 PM
Anyone under 30 right now is dumber than dirt in this country that's for sure. I took typing for two years in high school and it was one of the easiest classes I've ever taken.

They had typing classes back in the late 70's early 80's? https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1171687/kgface.gif

edit: forgot about type writers

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-18-2020, 05:35 PM

Dude, she is definitely in the minority. Why you defining an entire generation by one person?

The vast majority of millennials, for all the flack they get are more computer illiterate and quicker and better with technology than their predecessors.

They are typing on Smartphones all day OF COURSE THEY WILL HAVE BETTER SKILLZ.

Patrick Chewing
02-18-2020, 05:37 PM
They had typing classes back in the late 70's early 80's? https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1171687/kgface.gif

edit: forgot about type writers

And we knew how to write in cursive and still do.

Millennials are the weakest creatures on the planet.

DoctorP
02-18-2020, 06:37 PM
I call bullshit. People read and write more than ever due to the smartphone. Even if it's in youth culture- codes. SOme people, of course, will be a little slower.

BigKobeFan
02-18-2020, 06:40 PM
i've seen a lot. A lot of these kids always type on a keyboard as if it were a tablet.

These young kids lost the skills to type.

Levity
02-18-2020, 06:41 PM
my niece is in 3rd grade and already has a school-required chromebook she has to use, as well as typing classes.

so.... yeah.....

warriorfan
02-18-2020, 09:04 PM
I know someone who types like that and makes 200k plus a year :lol Pretty smart guy but for some reason he types like he’s ****ing retarded.

highwhey
02-18-2020, 09:09 PM
And we knew how to write in cursive and still do.

Millennials are the weakest creatures on the planet.

i was taught cursive in school.

most useless shit ever.

tpols
02-18-2020, 10:16 PM
I know someone who types like that and makes 200k plus a year :lol Pretty smart guy but for some reason he types like he’s ****ing retarded.

typing efficiently isnt a skill that gets you into the big bucks. Thats for suckers at the bottom doing all the dirty work. (im one of them)

how to type keys the fastest?

:biggums:

Some of the biggest executives, directors, and high level managers ive seen cant type worth a shit.

BigKobeFan
02-18-2020, 11:16 PM
typing efficiently isnt a skill that gets you into the big bucks. Thats for suckers at the bottom doing all the dirty work. (im one of them)

Some of the biggest executives, directors, and high level managers ive seen cant type worth a shit.

Millennials also cannot read the constitution since it is all in cursive.

Must explain why they hate it so much

egokiller
02-18-2020, 11:35 PM
Dude, she is definitely in the minority. Why you defining an entire generation by one person?

The vast majority of millennials, for all the flack they get are more computer illiterate and quicker and better with technology than their predecessors.

They are typing on Smartphones all day OF COURSE THEY WILL HAVE BETTER SKILLZ.

Stop.... literally 99% of baby boomers and gen X feels no threat at their work place about being out performed by anyone under 30 regardless if the job involves typing or not. It's just not going to happen unless you have the rare case where said late millennial has uncanny drive and ambition.

egokiller
02-18-2020, 11:39 PM
i was taught cursive in school.

most useless shit ever.

You don't sign things like Christmas and birthday cards in cursive?

How do you think they became high level executives and directors? By typing slow as fvck in their email responses during their way up the ladder? :oldlol: They have secretaries NOW that do that shit for them so they type like shit because it's been ages since they last were typing 70+ words per minute. You can be assured that they didn't look like a toddler to their coworkers and managers when signing get well cards in print rather than cursive.

BigKobeFan
02-18-2020, 11:43 PM
You don't sign things like Christmas and birthday cards in cursive?

Highweight has no one to send it to

BigKobeFan
02-18-2020, 11:43 PM
Stop.... literally 99% of baby boomers and gen X feels no threat at their work place about being out performed by anyone under 30 regardless if the job involves typing or not. It's just not going to happen unless you have the rare case where said late millennial has uncanny drive and ambition.

Those are usually the millennials who border line gen x

egokiller
02-18-2020, 11:49 PM
Those are usually the millennials who border line gen x

Yes, early millennials have a chance because they have some of the traits of gen x. Late millennials are pretty much fvcked. So much so that you see workplaces asking people that are 66-70 to not retire because there's not enough talent in late millennials to fill the shoes of Gen X that would in normal circumstances take those positions. So essentially late millennials are ****ing over gen x for getting promotions sooner rather than later. :oldlol:

Lakers Legend#32
02-19-2020, 05:03 AM
Grumpy Old Man Thread

Meticode
02-19-2020, 09:16 PM
Usually I see the "hunt and peck" method by people that are over 40.

MrFonzworth
02-19-2020, 11:18 PM
Grumpy Old Man Thread

This.

atljonesbro
02-19-2020, 11:23 PM
I 2 finger type and usually hit between 90-100 wpm :lol

Meticode
02-21-2020, 05:23 AM
I 2 finger type and usually hit between 90-100 wpm :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9psfOxJysw

Turbo Slayer
02-21-2020, 10:29 AM
who cares? :facepalm

rawimpact
02-21-2020, 11:05 AM
I don't think millennials have a tough time typing... they IMO have a tough time with public speaking.

Patrick Chewing
02-21-2020, 11:32 AM
I don't think millennials have a tough time typing... they IMO have a tough time with public speaking.

And...

Dealing with adversity
Failure
Money
Critical Thinking, etc.

red1
02-21-2020, 04:11 PM
you're a moron OP. the kids coming out of schools now are more competitive and obsessed with winning than ever. I know because I've worked with these kids. a degree doesnt mean shit because everyone has them so you literally have to be a workaholic to separate yourself from the pack.

Lakers Legend#32
02-21-2020, 04:13 PM
You guys raised the millennials.

Celtics 1825
02-21-2020, 06:04 PM
you're a moron OP. the kids coming out of schools now are more competitive and obsessed with winning than ever. I know because I've worked with these kids. a degree doesnt mean shit because everyone has them so you literally have to be a workaholic to separate yourself from the pack.
This, oldhead doesn't even know what he's talking about

talkingconch
02-21-2020, 06:49 PM

lmao this guy. I think you mean to say kids born 1999 or later. People my age seem to be put in with these new gen of kids who have smartphones in grade school.

tbh you can't even judge these kids yet. There is alot more competition today too, esp with jobs.

Hawker
02-21-2020, 07:04 PM
And...

Dealing with adversity
Failure
Money
Critical Thinking, etc.

Money is a pretty laughable one. Gen X and Boomers have put this country into massive debt.

Patrick Chewing
02-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Money is a pretty laughable one. Gen X and Boomers have put this country into massive debt.

Hey man I got zero debt and my credit score is in the 720’s! :pimp:

falc39
02-22-2020, 03:24 PM

I would agree. In my opinion, Millennials get way too much criticism for trying to deal with things that are way out of their control and which they had little part in making worse. Meanwhile they have to watch as all these systems that have been setup will inevitably fall apart and knowing they will be the ones who will have to pick up the pieces. Realizing you had to pay into social security for your whole life and knowing you wont be able to get anything from it honestly should be enough to revolt in my opinion. But nah, work harder! lol

I was on an interview panel for entry-level candidates this last week and there are some very talented and hard working candidates a year or two our of college, one that we will up hiring. I look at my workplace and it is the younger workers who are just flat-out working harder. There are always bad apples in a large sample size but I really don't see the stereotypes people accuse millennials of as a glaring problem.

coin24
02-22-2020, 04:43 PM
Fu*king boomers.. screwed everything they touched.

BigKobeFan
02-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Hey man I got zero debt and my credit score is in the 720’s! :pimp:

I have zero debt, 820 credit score, 1 office building, 1 house, and an apartment

Im a borderline and people think i got all of that with parents help. Nope. I grew up poor

scuzzy
02-22-2020, 09:19 PM
ITT 80's babies self titleing themselves Gen Z :yaohappy:

In other news: Stalker4Life is definitely not gay, he just let dudes suck his dick

MrFonzworth
02-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Fu*king boomers.. screwed everything they touched.

Aren't you Australian? Stfu.

Patrick Chewing
02-22-2020, 09:22 PM
I have zero debt, 820 credit score, 1 office building, 1 house, and an apartment

Im a borderline and people think i got all of that with parents help. Nope. I grew up poor

Nice. I borrowed a few bucks from Mom to start my own business, but that's the only help I've ever received. I live comfortably now and life is good.

Horatio33
02-22-2020, 09:53 PM

You named yourself after a commercial. Your opinion is invalid.

coin24
02-22-2020, 09:57 PM
Aren't you Australian? Stfu.

Aren't you 30 other posters here wheels? Stfu you sad little virgin

MrFonzworth
02-22-2020, 10:00 PM
Aren't you 30 other posters here wheels? Stfu you sad little virgin

No I'm not.

scuzzy
02-22-2020, 10:01 PM
Eastern Bunny was cooler back in the 90's

Libs, Lennials and Vegetarians labeling him multi-gendo pedopheniliac nowadays kids these days these kids now a days these days

Who chases around kids rooms in the middle of the night, Le Tooth Fairy banned state wide smh Libs at it again these days

Meanwhile it's culturally okay for mommy to be kissing Santa while putting your biological kids on this strange mans lap who does part time cosplay. Tricking kids into false hope, lumps of coal and imaginary heaven/hell shit lists.

Libs :facepalm
Fems
Dems :facepalm
Wahmems:facepalm

Jasper
02-24-2020, 10:58 AM
math is the biggest issue... 90% or more have no skills and use a calc.

This how our educational system is.
Was in my accountants office , and he graduated a year after me, 1975
Did some quick calc - I had the number verbally - he used the calc

THIS IS A CPA ?? = yikes

ItsMillerTime
02-24-2020, 11:18 AM
I would agree. In my opinion, Millennials get way too much criticism for trying to deal with things that are way out of their control and which they had little part in making worse. Meanwhile they have to watch as all these systems that have been setup will inevitably fall apart and knowing they will be the ones who will have to pick up the pieces. Realizing you had to pay into social security for your whole life and knowing you wont be able to get anything from it honestly should be enough to revolt in my opinion. But nah, work harder! lol

I was on an interview panel for entry-level candidates this last week and there are some very talented and hard working candidates a year or two our of college, one that we will up hiring. I look at my workplace and it is the younger workers who are just flat-out working harder. There are always bad apples in a large sample size but I really don't see the stereotypes people accuse millennials of as a glaring problem.

It's because these stereotypes are bullshit. *Actual* millennials have had to work their asses off trying to launch their careers and adult lives. We inherited an absolute mess with the housing crisis and student loan situation. Boomers wrecked the economy and then blamed young people. These are the same people that talk shit about kids receiving participation trophies in sports, when they bought the trophies themselves to pass out. No 8 year old is organizing a trophy presentation. Lmao.