PDA

View Full Version : On a scale of 1-10, what brand of basketball have Lebron's 50+ win teams played

3ball
02-21-2020, 02:20 AM
And if the brand isn't a 9 or 10, then how can he add more to long run championship odds than a player with comparable PER whose game allows a 10 brand of ball?

MrFonzworth
02-21-2020, 02:26 AM
10. He's not in the 1-9 range like other greats.

Uncle Drew
02-21-2020, 02:33 AM

:roll:

Proctor
02-21-2020, 02:46 AM
:roll::roll::roll:

scuzzy
02-21-2020, 03:06 AM
:oldlol:

Hittin_Shots
02-21-2020, 06:06 AM

U only rank LeBron at 10th or lower?

MrFonzworth
02-21-2020, 06:24 AM
U only rank LeBron at 10th or lower?
:facepalm

RETARD ALERT!!!

Nilocon165
02-21-2020, 11:07 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/58cd15736a4cbf2b4730fa9c752200f7/tenor.gif

Hey Yo
02-21-2020, 11:27 AM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/JNQU-4YEnm4/hqdefault.jpg

Manny98
02-21-2020, 12:11 PM
Slay of the year nominee right here :roll:

3ball
02-21-2020, 08:24 PM
the responses to this thread proves that no one is interested in discussing basketball, aka prior eras

board is dead

the reality is that the best brand of basketball doesn't use a true PG - the only dynasties in the last 30 years, aka Bulls, Lakers, Warriors or Spurs - they all used ball movement systems and didn't use a primary ballhandler... since Lebron's skillset only thrives as a primary ballhandler, he can't play the best brand or win often on the championship level, and is therefore inferior to guys that could (guys who had similar raw stats to lebron but could play superior brand of team ball)

Manny98
02-21-2020, 08:35 PM
the responses to this thread proves that no one is interested in discussing basketball, aka prior eras

board is dead

the reality is that the best brand of basketball doesn't use a true PG - the only dynasties in the last 30 years, aka Bulls, Lakers, Warriors or Spurs - they all used ball movement systems and didn't use a primary ballhandler... since Lebron's skillset only thrives as a primary ballhandler, he can't play the best brand or win often on the championship level, and is therefore inferior to guys that could (guys who had similar raw stats to lebron but could play superior brand of team ball)
It's because you have this discussed this same topic about how ineffective LeBrons brand of basketball is 100000x already it's getting boring

We get it MJ > LeBron now can you talk about something different for once and then maybe you would get serious responses

MrFonzworth
02-21-2020, 08:40 PM

board is dead

Only thing this thread proves is we're tired of you writing essays nonstop about one dude. This has nothing to do with discussing prior eras, all of your posts either directly or indirectly involve LeBron. You've made these threads with pages of discussion, it's the same shit and it's tiring. It's been discussed to death and no longer warrants a serious reply

3ball
02-21-2020, 09:01 PM
It's because you have this discussed this same topic about how ineffective Lebron's brand is 100000x already it's getting boring

We get it MJ > LeBron now can you talk about something different for once and then maybe you would get serious responses
^^^ on the championship level, or against superior brands (09' Dwight)

His ball-dominant skillset means his teams can't play the best, winningest brand (ball movement). That makes him inferior to similarly-producing players whose skillset allows the best brand and winning.

highwhey
02-21-2020, 09:04 PM

oof, OP murdered yet again by a 1st reply :oldlol:

3ball
02-21-2020, 09:10 PM
oof, OP murdered yet again by a 1st reply :oldlol:
The 8 vs 1 matchup, aka worst odds is the only way the goat is supposed to lose

It's a function of guys like Giannis and MJ dragging legit lottery casts (teams that were lottery the prior year) to low seeds, while Lebron only made the playoffs with good teams/high seeds, therefore missing the underdog 1st round matchups - he infact missed the playoffs with lottery casts in 04', 05', and 19', thereby missing the underdog matchups that would've sent him home early.

So the 1-9 response = no mas.. aka I won't admit you're right so I'll say something dumb instead..

It's a win every time I see it.

Smoke117
02-21-2020, 09:12 PM

:roll: :roll:

Turbo Slayer
02-21-2020, 09:22 PM
Poor op destroyed once again. Sad. :(

SpaceJam
02-21-2020, 10:37 PM

:roll:

Kblaze8855
02-21-2020, 11:15 PM

board is dead

I’m amazed you couldn’t always tell that normal people don’t care about your repetitive topics you have made literally over 500 times. Minus one obsessed troll on 15 accounts being given freedom nothing you have to say is likely to get real discussion. You only have one thing to say. Just worded differently. How long do you think normal fans are gonna keep reading it?

3ball
02-22-2020, 12:45 AM
I’m amazed you couldn’t always tell that normal people don’t care about your repetitive topics you have made literally over 500 times. Minus one obsessed troll on 15 accounts being given freedom nothing you have to say is likely to get real discussion. You only have one thing to say. Just worded differently. How long do you think normal fans are gonna keep reading it?
6 years apparently

The first 4 years you guys were clueless and didn't even know what ball-dominance was - you were refuting everything I said!!!!... ::roll:

Only in the last couple years have you guys finally caught up and don't argue as much

But before I enlightened this forum, you guys were arguing with me on stuff that is now common knowledge - you guys used to say the dumbest, most ignorant shit in your often lengthy responses (yours were the longest) - now they look super-dumb in hindsight and you now agree with me/don't need anymore schooling

I guarantee that you're still behind the curve and I'll continue schooling as I see fit.. your welcome

Keno
02-22-2020, 01:51 AM

first reply ether.

DCL
02-22-2020, 04:27 AM

that's equivalent to a 2 second knock out

Rico2016
02-22-2020, 04:47 AM

Shut
It
Down

Rico2016
02-22-2020, 04:56 AM
6 years apparently

the first 4 years you guys were clueless and didn't even know what ball-dominance was - you were refuting everything i said!!!!... ::roll:

Only in the last couple years have you guys finally caught up and don't argue as much

but before i enlightened this forum, you guys were arguing with me on stuff that is now common knowledge - you guys used to say the dumbest, most ignorant shit in your often lengthy responses (yours were the longest) - now they look super-dumb in hindsight and you now agree with me/don't need anymore schooling

i guarantee that you're still behind the curve and i'll continue schooling as i see fit.. Your welcome

6911 first

Kblaze8855
02-22-2020, 07:35 AM
6 years apparently

The first 4 years you guys were clueless and didn't even know what ball-dominance was - you were refuting everything I said!!!!... ::roll:

But before I enlightened this forum, you guys were arguing with me on stuff that is now common knowledge - you guys used to say the dumbest, most ignorant shit in your often lengthy responses (yours were the longest) - now they look super-dumb in hindsight and you now agree with me/don't need anymore schooling

I guarantee that you're still behind the curve and I'll continue schooling as I see fit.. your welcome

You were already a known troll then:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?386850-My-top-15-all-time

And already well down your path to being banned everywhere but here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?389006-3Ball-got-banned-from-realgm-in-4-posts

You don’t have the capacity to change anybody’s mind or enlighten someone because it takes about 15 minutes for any rational person to realize you might be out of your mind.

Mr Feeny
02-22-2020, 09:26 AM
Its always going to be subjective. I thought the 2011 and 2012 heat were interesting to watch. Overall, it's a matter of preference. If you don't like watching a point forward play at a slow pace with stretch bigs, you might not like it.

Phoenix
02-22-2020, 10:01 AM
I think Lebron might have actually been more successful( as far as his finals teams) playing as he has this year, which is more of a true PG. He's always toed this line of being half MJ and half Magic, when I think it would have been easier to built more organic systems around him if he had just straight committed to either being a 28-30ppg scorer/play finisher OR a straight up PG, drop 22-25ppg, 10 assists. I seem to remember the scouting reports coming in that people were actually expecting more of an athletic Magic. I don't think he was projected as being a guy who would drop 27-30ppg most years. The Heat should have won in 2011 if Wade and Lebron weren't having a year long 'whose turn is it' style of offense because of the redundancy in their skill-sets.

3ball
02-22-2020, 11:47 AM
Its always going to be subjective. I thought the 2011 and 2012 heat were interesting to watch. Overall, it's a matter of preference. If you don't like watching a point forward play at a slow pace with stretch bigs, you might not like it.
Is it a shock that Lebron's 1 easy Finals win (2012) was against puppies?

otherwise, he's 2/8 against veteran teams in the Finals and those 2 wins were by 1 possession each - he could easily be 0-8 vs veteran teams in the Finals

This isn't coincidence.

His brand is weaker, so his teams never reach dominant champion/perennial favorite status like the warriors, or have dominant wins like the Spurs

Weaker brand = weaker teams... He offsets this weaker brand by stacking his team with extra talent (a 3rd star scorer).

Btw, you mentioned the Heat, but the Spurs famously exploited the lack of fit between Wade and Lebron - SB Nation's legendary article after Game 6 of the 2013 Finals showed endless footage of the Spurs coming off Wade to help on Lebron's drives and vice versa, thus forcing them to pass to each other for spot-ups (their perceived weakness).. they perfected this in 2014 to win by record amount.. Obviously, a Dirk/Wade or MJ/Wade pairing wouldn't be exploitable in this way