PDA

View Full Version : Greek is gonna absolutely dominate this decade

Bronbron23
02-22-2020, 11:37 PM
Sorry luka and whoever fans. Greek is very close to being absolutely unstoppable. Hes working hard on his three ball, post game and midrange and it shows. He's also seeing the floor better and hitting open guys. It may not be this year but come the next year or 2 hes gonna go on a mj like run and win 4-6 chips and go down as one of the best ever. Maybe even the best ever.

Book it

3ball
02-23-2020, 12:33 AM
Giannis... 32 PER... 4.6 minutes time of possession
Lebron.... 25 PER... 7.3 minutes time of possession

Giannis has BY FAR the best stats per minute of hold time, probably ever.. although 88' MJ would give him a run for his money

highwhey
02-23-2020, 12:36 AM

Giannis has BY FAR the best stats per minute of hold time, probably ever.. although 88' MJ would give him a run for his money

just STFU already. :facepalm

Wally450
02-23-2020, 12:40 AM

Serious question. What does MJ have to do with this discussion?

imdaman99
02-23-2020, 01:48 AM
He's doing it all, but he has to succeed in the playoffs eventually.

Rico2016
02-23-2020, 03:15 AM
just STFU already. :facepalm

:lol

StrongLurk
02-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Regular season really doesn't matter much for Giannis at this point. He is superstar level, which means playoffs truly matter.

He still has A LOT to prove in the playoffs. A LOT.

We will see this year and he should be able to play an elite level and make the finals. The first ring is the hardest to win...but players gain SO much confidence when they get that first ring. The monkey is off their back in a lot of aspects.

If Giannis does win a ring soon, then he will be even more dominant.

Rudeboy3
02-23-2020, 11:22 AM
Regular season really doesn't matter much for Giannis at this point. He is superstar level, which means playoffs truly matter.

We will see this year and he should be able to play an elite level and make the finals. The first ring is the hardest to win...but players gain SO much confidence when they get that first ring. The monkey is off their back in a lot of aspects.

He doesn't have shit to prove, he's already the best player in the league and the bucks will stroll to the finals

Bronbron23
02-23-2020, 12:48 PM

Yeah i agree with that but its looking like its just a matter of time now and not a matter of if but more when. I thought it was gonna take him another 2 or 3 years before his midrange,three and post game was good enough but hes improved alot in a short period of time. Just last year he didnt have any of those skills and thats why philly could wall him up fairly easily. Thats not the case anymore. He's hitting midrange turn around fadeaways and threes fairly consistently. With his drive and work ethic its only gonna get better.

And not to mention hes one of the best defenders and rebounders in the game also. If he stays healthy this decade is his.

FKAri
02-23-2020, 12:49 PM
Absolutely dominant. I see him winning 12-15 rings this decade.

Bronbron23
02-23-2020, 12:52 PM
He obviously still has alot to prove dude. Even he acknowledges this. Until hes a champion he's always gonna have shit to prove. All signs point to him doing that and winning multiple chips but you still gotta do it.

Bronbron23
02-23-2020, 12:54 PM
Yeah ok buddy. 4-6 is very likely though. Hes gonna pass eveyones favorites other than maybe mj and i wouldnt be surprised if he catches him too.

ImKobe
02-23-2020, 12:55 PM
He's on his 2009/2010 LeGOAT shit right now, we'll see if he can do what Bran couldn't without a superstar teammate.

Bronbron23
02-23-2020, 01:40 PM
He's on his 2009/2010 LeGOAT shit right now, we'll see if he can do what Bran couldn't without a superstar teammate.

We'll see but that wouldn't be anything new. Lebron couldnt do it but Lots of players won without another superstar. Even bron in 16 debatably won without one. Kyrie was a beast in those finals and definitely played like one but i dont know if kyrie was ever a superstar other than in his own mind

MiseryCityTexas
02-23-2020, 01:45 PM
Wouldn't be shocked if an eastern conference team upsets them in the play-offs. Bucks are trash outside of Giannis. Middleton's a known choke artist around play-off time.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-23-2020, 01:47 PM
He doesn't have shit to prove, he's already the best player in the league and the bucks will stroll to the finals

Kawhi outplayed and knocked his ass out in the conference finals.

Giannis has plenty to prove. If your peabrain values winning that is.

SouBeachTalents
02-23-2020, 01:53 PM
Kawhi outplayed and knocked his ass out in the conference finals.

Giannis got plenty to prove. If your dumbass values winning that is.
It's not even just about winning, he individually got locked up and had some serious flaws in his game exploited by Kawhi & the Raps defense. He absolutely still has something to prove come playoff time

StrongLurk
02-23-2020, 02:54 PM

2009/2010 Bron would absolutely win a chip with this Bucks team. Are you serious?

They are way better than what Lebron had 03-10 in Cleveland.

MiseryCityTexas
02-23-2020, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't be shocked if the Raptors or Celtics or Heat upset the Bucks in the play-offs. Bucks outside of Giannis, and Middleton are trash.

tpols
02-23-2020, 03:39 PM

the bucks supporting cast is much better than the 09 or 10 cavs. kris middleton is borderline all NBA smh.

and lebron back then could shoot and had a very good arsenal. he played the monopolizing style but had skill still.

MiseryCityTexas
02-23-2020, 03:43 PM
the bucks supporting cast is much better than the 09 or 10 cavs. kyle middleton is borderline all NBA smh.

and lebron back then could shoot and had a very good arsenal. he played the monopolizing style but had skill still.

Kevin Middleton is trash around play-off time. Bucks were some idiots for maxing him out. A player like Middleton could've easily been replaced for a much cheaper price. Bucks basically overpaid for a spot up jump shooter. They gave a spot up 3 point shooter superstar money.:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
02-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Kevin Middleton is trash around play-off time. Bucks were some idiots for maxing him out. A player like Middleton could've easily been replaced for a much cheaper price. Bucks basically overpaid for a spot up jump shooter. They gave a spot up 3 point shooter superstar money.:oldlol:
:oldlol:

tpols
02-23-2020, 03:49 PM

what in the flying **** are you talking about?

middleton has been amazing in the playoffs.

By every metric known to man he has upped his game in the playoffs compared to the regular season.

It not often were graced with a take as dead wrong as this one.

:facepalm

MiseryCityTexas
02-23-2020, 03:56 PM
the bucks supporting cast is much better than the 09 or 10 cavs. kyle middleton is borderline all NBA smh.

:oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
02-23-2020, 04:00 PM
Nice edit though you ****ing cornball. Welcome to Insidehoops, where role players, borderline average allstars get superstar treatment. If Khris Middleton's so good, why can't anybody get his first name right? I remember that one play-off game against the Raptors when that ***** laid one brick after another. My how people on Inside Hoops quickly forget smfh.

MiseryCityTexas
02-23-2020, 04:02 PM
All you gotta do is throw a hand in Middleton's face in the play-offs and he's gonna miss.

MiseryCityTexas
02-23-2020, 04:07 PM
Wow Middleton dominated the Raptors in the play-offs. That was the greatest 6 points I've ever seen in my life!!!!!!!

3ball
02-23-2020, 06:33 PM

Both 19' Giannis and 07' Lebron got completely shut down by the champs and therefore had a lot to prove..

So Giannis is going through the 07-11' Lebron stage where he didn't know how to win.. Expect another big Giannis loss this year, just like 07-11' Lebron (before Wade and Riley showed him how to win)

StrongLurk
02-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Both 19' Giannis and 07' Lebron got completely shut down by the champs and therefore had a lot to prove..

So Giannis is going through the 07-11' Lebron stage where he didn't know how to win.. Expect another big Giannis loss this year, just like 07-11' Lebron (before Wade and Riley showed him how to win)

What team do you have winning the chip this year? I don't think I've ever seen you actually talk about anything besides MJ and Lebron.

SouBeachTalents
02-23-2020, 06:37 PM

Sounds just like Jordan before Pippen and Phil showed him how to win

3ball
02-23-2020, 06:44 PM
2009/2010 Bron would absolutely win a chip with this Bucks team. Are you serious?

They are way better than what Lebron had 03-10 in Cleveland.
Middleton isn't an equal scorer or usage player to Lebron

Lebron can only win with an equal scoring and usage teammates, and closers - so guys like Wade, Kyrie or AD... Middleton isn't remotely close to these guys

DoctorP
02-23-2020, 06:46 PM
he's not greek anymore. he disowned the greeks

3ball
02-23-2020, 06:51 PM
Sounds just like Jordan before Pippen and Phil showed him how to win
MJ dragged a 6 seed to the ECF in 1989 and averaged 30/6/6 against the champs on good efficiency... before Phil... he never got shut down...

and Pippen cost the Bulls that series - so he didn't teach MJ shit.. he cost mj rings in 1989 and 1990.. and 1995 (he was aids in ECSF).. So MJ knew how to win but needed Pippen to not be horrific in 89' and 90' (worse than any sidekick Lebron ever had)

So you don't know what you're talking about

And show me where MJ got shut down like Giannis or Lebron vs Toronto or Spurs

unlike me, you can't back up what you say.. you spout off dumb shit that isn't accurate and that you can't back up

show me where MJ got shut down like Giannis did in ECF or Lebron in Finals

waiting.. ur wrong on every level on this one... shame on you comparing the goat to guys that got shut down.. pathetic... :facepalm:rolleyes:

do you realize that Lebron lost with sidekicks that averaged 27 and 29 ppg… He lost with the #3 defense and Mo getting 18 ppg on 38%... MJ never lost with any of this kind of help - he won MANY series with less than the #3 defense and Pippen getting less than 18 ppg with poor efficiency... The best Pippen stats that MJ lost with was 19 on 42% in 1995 ECSF... outside of his baseball year, he best Pippen stats that MJ lost with whas 16 on 42% in 1990 ECF...

So MJ was a winner and Lebron a loser by comparison

Manny98
02-23-2020, 07:16 PM
MJ dragged a 6 seed to the ECF in 1989 and averaged 30/6/6 against the champs on good efficiency... before Phil... he never got shut down...

and Pippen cost the Bulls that series - so he didn't teach MJ shit.. he cost mj rings in 1989 and 1990.. and 1995 (he was aids in ECSF).. So MJ knew how to win but needed Pippen to not be horrific in 89' and 90' (worse than any sidekick Lebron ever had)

unlike me, you can't back up what you say.. you spout off dumb shit that isn't accurate and that you can't back up

waiting.. ur wrong on every level on this one... shame on you comparing the goat to guys that got shut down.. pathetic... :facepalm:rolleyes:

do you realize that Lebron lost with sidekicks that averaged 27 and 29 ppg… He lost with the #3 defense and Mo getting 18 ppg on 38%... MJ never lost with any of this kind of help - he won MANY series with less than the #3 defense and Pippen getting less than 18 ppg with poor efficiency... The best Pippen stats that MJ lost with was 19 on 42% in 1995 ECSF... outside of his baseball year, he best Pippen stats that MJ lost with whas 16 on 42% in 1990 ECF...

Meltdown

SouBeachTalents
02-23-2020, 07:24 PM

1-9

StrongLurk
02-23-2020, 07:25 PM
Middleton isn't an equal scorer or usage player to Lebron

Lebron can only win with an equal scoring and usage teammates, and closers - so guys like Wade, Kyrie or AD... Middleton isn't remotely close to these guys

What team do you have winning the chip this year? I don't think I've ever seen you actually talk about anything besides MJ and Lebron.

3ball
02-23-2020, 07:43 PM
Lakers all the way babyyyy!

one time for Kobe.. It will be Kobe's 6th to tie MJ

We all know that Kobe built LA as we all know it, and Lebron is dedicating this ring to Kobe.

haha, on a serious note.... Lakers should win it this year - they have superior physical bodies/front line to wear down opponents.. Modern David Robinson (AD) + modern Magic?... Should be flirting with 70 wins every year and winning it all.

Anything else is a massive failure

Clippers lack girth inside - that affects the attrition battle that I could see them losing against the Lakers for this reason... they'll be hella tired on the glass and defending the lakers (like KG and Rider vs the Bulls), which will hurt their ability to go off offensively..

And the Bucks play a shit brand of ball and are winning because it's the regular season.. they won't get out of the East because the East has a couple championship-caliber teams where their regular season brand won't work

StrongLurk
02-23-2020, 07:48 PM
Lakers all the way babyyyy!

one time for Kobe.. It will be Kobe's 6th to tie MJ

We all know that Kobe built LA as we all know it, and Lebron is dedicating this ring to Kobe.

haha, on a serious note.... Lakers should win it this year - they have superior physical bodies/front line to wear down opponents.. Modern David Robinson (AD) + modern Magic?... Should be flirting with 70 wins every year and winning it all.

Anything else is a massive failure

Got it, so you think Lebron at 35 is as good as prime Magic, who is widely considered a top 5 player of all time...and this is OLD Lebron we are talking about.

So prime Lebron MUST be a top 3-4 player of all time.

3ball
02-23-2020, 07:58 PM
Got it, so you think Lebron at 35 is as good as prime Magic, who is widely considered a top 5 player of all time...and this is OLD Lebron we are talking about.

I said Lebron is a modern Magic.. that doesn't mean better, or even as good

- Magic dominated the post

- Magic played off Kareem and was actually an assisted player, which allowed his teams to lead in assists literally every year (all 5 guys were diming, not just Magic - but this wouldn't be possible if Magic was an unassisted player like LeDribbleDribble)

- Magic accumulated assists with no spacing (threading needles), which is harder than today's spaced-out mickey mouse game - the crowded court/lack of spacing made passes less expected than today's spaced out game where the viewer can anticipate the correct play and where the ball is going

so it's night and day... I consider Magic superior because he played in an era where they didn't take only 3's and layups... they actually took the tough shots, aka real basketball

but sure, for this era of easy spacing, Lebron is the modern Magic.. feels watered down though.. manufactured... diluted... a lot of weak teams in today's league... fluff basically

Kingwillball
02-23-2020, 08:02 PM

Stroll to finals ? Bet they get taken to 7 t least once if they make it ... and Greek has a lot to prove he barely has had his cherry popped for Christ sake.

StrongLurk
02-23-2020, 09:37 PM
I said Lebron is a modern Magic.. that doesn't mean better, or even as good

- Magic dominated the post

- Magic played off Kareem and was actually an assisted player, which allowed his teams to lead in assists literally every year (all 5 guys were diming, not just Magic - but this wouldn't be possible if Magic was an unassisted player like LeDribbleDribble)

- Magic accumulated assists with no spacing (threading needles), which is harder than today's spaced-out mickey mouse game - the crowded court/lack of spacing made passes less expected than today's spaced out game where the viewer can anticipate the correct play and where the ball is going

so it's night and day... I consider Magic superior because he played in an era where they didn't take only 3's and layups... they actually took the tough shots, aka real basketball

but sure, for this era of easy spacing, Lebron is the modern Magic.. feels watered down though.. manufactured... diluted... a lot of weak teams in today's league... fluff basically

MiseryCityTexas
02-24-2020, 09:13 PM
Bucks would easily get the first pick in the 2020 nba draft if giannis didn't exist.(and if the nba didn't cheat in the draft).