PDA

View Full Version : So what are we expecting from the first Lebron/Zion matchup tonight?

Phoenix
02-25-2020, 08:19 AM
I'm expecting something akin to the November 97 MJ/Kobe matchup where Kobe got him on a few plays ( fadeaway, backdoor cut for dunk), MJ ultimately wins the battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29LWlJ1tEqM

Zion's gonna catch Lebron for at least one backdoor-alley-oop and get a few breakaway dunk highlights, but what I really want to see is Bron guarding him in the post.

Predictions?

Kblaze8855
02-25-2020, 09:26 AM
I saw Zion go right into Steven Adams chest and score like he wasnt there so I dont know that Lebron wants that in the post.

LAmbruh
02-25-2020, 09:52 AM
Weird comparison, what you should be expecting is something akin to 16th season 2003 Wizards MJ battling a 17th overall pick Juan Dixon

I dunno, been watching a lot of Lakers games this year and key to all the Pelicans blowout W's was Lebron taking Ingram out of the game defensively. Being a SF and all makes sense, plus bigs like Dwight/McGee/Davis *exist*. I dunno

Something tells me they'll stick to their bread n butter instead of having a dick measuring between 260-300 lb guys chucking high post fadeaways.

Im sure LBJ and Zion would love that 1997 shortened 3pt distance though

Phoenix
02-25-2020, 09:59 AM
Weird comparison, what you should be expecting is something akin to 16th season 2003 Wizards MJ battling a 17th overall pick Juan Dixon

Nothing weird about it. Zion as the heir apparent or whatever against end of prime Lebron. It's a close enough parallel to 2nd year Kobe and 35 year old, end of prime MJ. I expect the Lakers to win, and Lebron to ultimately out produce him, but Zion is going to get some licks in.

Granted, Zion right now has much more impact on wins and losses than 19 year old Kobe did.

Phoenix
02-25-2020, 10:00 AM
I saw Zion go right into Steven Adams chest and score like he wasnt there so I dont know that Lebron wants that in the post.

If anything, it would be interesting to see because it could suggest something about how Lebron would have dealt with the physicality of guys like Mailman and Barkley in the 90s.

LAmbruh
02-25-2020, 10:08 AM
Nothing weird about it. Zion as the heir apparent or whatever against end of prime Lebron. It's a close enough situation to 2nd year Kobe and 35 year old, end of prime MJ. Granted, Zion right now has much more impact on wins and losses than 19 year old Kobe did.17th Overall pick Kobe was a heir to MJ back then, interesting. He came off the bench behind Eddie Jones, nothing remotely similar to Zion initial impressions and phenomenal rookie attrition

And no 1997 Jordan wasn't 35 years old, he was 33 in his fresh 12th season after taking along 2 year bed and breakfast vacation. No where even close to the miles on 17th season Lebron is now.

Phoenix
02-25-2020, 10:16 AM
17th Overall pick Kobe was a heir to MJ back then, interesting. He came off the bench behind Eddie Jones, nothing remotely similar to Zion initial impressions and phenomenal rookie attrition

And no 1997 Jordan wasn't 35 years old, he was 33 in his fresh 12th season after taking along 2 year bed and breakfast vacation. No where even close to the miles on 17th season Lebron is now.

MJ was born in 1963. In November 1997 he was 34, going 35 in February. Math isn't that hard. Kobe was also the 13th pick but that's not the point. The point is, Kobe was considered 'the next one' in that meeting just as Zion is considered 'the next one' now. You're tripping up over the details but it's not as if you're really interested in this conversation anyway. Your dick got hard when you saw Lebron's name and you stumbled in here wagging your tongue accordingly.

FultzNationRISE
02-25-2020, 10:20 AM

I dunno, been watching a lot of Lakers games this year and key to all the Pelicans blowout W's was Lebron taking Ingram out of the game defensively. Being a SF and all makes sense, plus bigs like Dwight/McGee/Davis *exist*. I dunno

Something tells me they'll stick to their bread n butter instead of having a dick measuring between 260-300 lb guys chucking high post fadeaways.

Im sure LBJ and Zion would love that 1997 shortened 3pt distance though

Yup, and frankly even tho I like Zion, he dont want ANY PART of that with Lebron. Even dudes like Ibaka fall back when Lebron’s on his “let’s get the tape measure” shit. Obv LeBJ is older now and the Lakers arent gonna have him play that card much in the reg season. But the old lion’s still got it and can whip it out on a moment’s notice. Zion is smart enough to recognize that.

LAmbruh
02-25-2020, 10:29 AM
Kobe was considered 'the next one' in that meeting just as Zion is considered

Yes Yes, the mid first round draft pick that came off bench that very same game was considered the second coming of Michael.

It's okay lil bud, prime MJ in his 12th season got the piss stomped on him by a 19yo off the bench. Don't trip

JohnMax
02-25-2020, 10:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

Phoenix
02-25-2020, 10:39 AM
:blah:blah:blah

What 99% of what you say on this board amounts to. Go talk about xbox or something.

superduper
02-25-2020, 10:54 AM
The same we can always expect from LeGOAT whenever there is challenging competition, either run away or collude.

Real Men Wear Green
02-25-2020, 12:52 PM
Wondering who James will guard, because if he's serious about defense he will take on either Williamson or Ingram.

LA should be a gppd test for Williamson, with their centers and help from AD only Milwaukee is better equipped to defend him.

Phoenix
02-25-2020, 01:03 PM
Wondering who James will guard, because if he's serious about defense he will take on either Williamson or Ingram.

LA should be a gppd test for Williamson, with their centers and help from AD only Milwaukee is better equipped to defend him.

Based on the small sample size so far, Zion has a bigger impact on winning than Ingram. I would think for Lebron he would be the more important cover. The Lakers can more than live with what Ingram does. I suppose they could just rely on the length of the Laker bigs to neutralize him as you suggest.

DoctorP
02-25-2020, 01:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

pretty much this.
zion will shoot a high percentage

Real Men Wear Green
02-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Based on the small sample size so far, Zion has a bigger impact on winning than Ingram. I would think for Lebron he would be the more important cover. The Lakers can more than live with what Ingram does. I suppose they could just rely on the length of the Laker bigs to neutralize him as you suggest.
Guarding Williamson could mean foul trouble so I can see not going there but if he just gets hidden on Ball or the center while Williamson is going off for 30 and 10 it would be hard to overlook.

Docs Orders
02-26-2020, 01:43 AM
40, 8, 6 on 63%

Absolute masterpiece by LBJ once again, 17th Season and still BITW :applause:

DoctorP
02-26-2020, 02:01 AM
there was pain in the form of AD slapping his arm on the board