PDA

View Full Version : You Have to Score 130 Against a Random 2004 Team. Build Your Team.

Ainosterhaspie
02-27-2020, 12:49 PM
Same idea as Blaze's Defense Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477860-You-have-to-hold-a-random-2020-NBA-team-under-70-points-to-live-Build-your-team), but flipped around. You have to build a team that will score 130 against a random 2004 team under 2004 rules and officiating, or you die.

What does your squad look like? Who is your coach or coaches? You don't have to play like a 2004 team stepping into long twos instead of threes for example. You don't have to win, but you can't give up more than 140, so no telling the players to let the other team score as fast as possible so you can get more chances.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-27-2020, 12:56 PM
Paul
Jordan
Lebron
Bird
Shaq

HC: Phil

You can swap Kobe and KG in there somewhere, but I think that lineup, as is, will get you 130 in 2004.

Phoenix
02-27-2020, 01:01 PM
Curry
Klay
Durant
Draymond
KAT

ImKobe
02-27-2020, 01:05 PM
Curry
Thompson
Iggy
KD
Green

Kerr

Facepalm
02-27-2020, 01:07 PM
Durant
Kobe
Harden
AD
Jordan

Coach- Dantoni

Phoenix
02-27-2020, 01:24 PM
Thing is, there's lots of bad 2004 teams that you could conjure up enough firepower to score 130 on, even taking into account the pace and rules at the time. What about a team that could drop 130 on the Pistons that year?

SouBeachTalents
02-27-2020, 01:26 PM
Magic/Curry
Jordan/Kobe
LeBron/Durant
Bird/Dirk
Shaq/Kareem

HC: Don Nelson

iamgine
02-27-2020, 01:26 PM
Same idea as Blaze's Defense Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?477860-You-have-to-hold-a-random-2020-NBA-team-under-70-points-to-live-Build-your-team), but flipped around. You have to build a team that will score 130 against a random 2004 team under 2004 rules and officiating, or you die.

What does your squad look like? Who is your coach or coaches? You don't have to play like a 2004 team stepping into long twos instead of threes for example. You don't have to win, but you can't give up more than 140, so no telling the players to let the other team score as fast as possible so you can get more chances.
This is really easy. Just get great players together. Any great players really. You blow the other team through 2.5 quarters, then just foul the other team every single time so they'll shoot free throws with no time lost to you. Getting 130 points should be quite easy with this tactic. If it's near the end and the score is still like 120-116, then just foul them to get OT.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-27-2020, 01:39 PM
Thing is, there's lots of bad 2004 teams that you could conjure up enough firepower to score 130 on, even taking into account the pace and rules at the time. What about a team that could drop 130 on the Pistons that year?

Right. Which is why I basically went with the Top 10. Ever. Its not original, but if my life was on the line? Not gonna bullshit with players who are too comfortable. I see some posters listing Curry. He's great. One of the few players I enjoy watching today. That said he doesn't handle physicality well. With the old rules, 2004 Detroit would make it difficult for him.

Phoenix
02-27-2020, 01:47 PM
Right. Which is why I basically went with the Top 10. Ever. Its not original, but if my life was on the line? Not gonna bullshit with players who are too comfortable. I see some posters listing Curry. He's great. One of the few players I enjoy watching today. That said he doesn't handle physicality well. With the old rules, 2004 Detroit would make it difficult for him.

Alot of the players from today wouldn't be used to 2004 physicality. Who would you replace Chef with? I mostly picked the Warriors+ KAT because a team that could stretch the floor through all 5 spots would be completely alien to even the best defenses that year.

jlip
02-27-2020, 02:06 PM
Yeah maybe the 2017 Warriors with D'Antoni as the coach. The D'Antoni led Suns actually avg. 110 ppg in 2005 during his first full season as the coach and scored over 130 twice that season (against garbage teams) in regulation games. They did score 123 points against the Spurs who had the top ranked defense that season in an OT game.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-27-2020, 03:48 PM
Alot of the players from today wouldn't be used to 2004 physicality. Who would you replace Chef with? I mostly picked the Warriors+ KAT because a team that could stretch the floor through all 5 spots would be completely alien to even the best defenses that year.

That's why you go with the creme de la creme. I'd rock with Paul. He's not better than Curry all time but I think his game is better suited for that era. Magic could work but Chris spaces the floor with his shooting. And is less redundant with Bron/Bird.

Far as KAT goes? Detroit probably figures him out pretty easy. He's not an otherworldly shooter, and a guy like Sheed can always switch out on him. If he gets funneled into the paint, well, you got Big Ben there waiting. I like KAT but he's soft. At least with Shaq you know you're getting 25 on good efficiency. I mean, that actually happened.

DoctorP
02-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Killin you w this squad

Ibaka
LeBron
Durant
Klay
Curry

Overdrive
02-27-2020, 04:15 PM
Not sure about a team yet, but Steve Nash is my PG. No doubt about it.