PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi reduces his teammates

StrongLurk
03-01-2020, 01:01 PM
Raptors are playing great without him, Van Fleet, Pascal, Norman Powell, OG all having career years.

This year, Paul George has gone from 28/8/4 playing with WESTBROOK, to 21/6/4 playing with Kawhi.

According to a certain poster on this board, these events can only mean Kawhi reduces his teammates. The guy who plays most similar to MJ in the league (95-98 MJ), reduces his teammates.

Meanwhile guys like Kyrie and AD were/are thriving with Lebron James. Harden and Westbrook are thriving together...what can we make of this ISH?

superduper
03-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Not at all but I do notice he's become more toxic than before in that he's gotten a little over his head about himself.

StrongLurk
03-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Not at all but I do notice he's become more toxic than before in that he's gotten a little over his head about himself.

Based on a certain poster's logic...Kawhi reduces teammates.

I'm not saying I agree with that poster's logic.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Would mean nothing if they don't do anything in the playoffs

And I wouldn't base my talking points off of what 3ball says. I mean, lets use a bit of common sense.

ArbitraryWater
03-01-2020, 01:46 PM

This reminds me, did anyone see Kawhi the last 2 minutes of the Suns game?

Dude missed a dunk, then waited and cherrypicked for another basket, got the ball, ref-baited screaming "and-one!" but missed the layup AND did not get the call...

Two hilarious self-ownages in one sequence.

Dude makes a fool out of himself when the whistle doesn't back him. Straight comedy.

Ainosterhaspie
03-01-2020, 02:07 PM
This reminds me, did anyone see Kawhi the last 2 minutes of the Suns game?

Dude missed a dunk, then waited and cherrypicked for another basket, got the ball, ref-baited screaming "and-one!" but missed the layup AND did not get the call...

Two hilarious self-ownages in one sequence.

Dude makes a fool out of himself when the whistle doesn't back him. Straight comedy.

Are you talking about this sequence?

https://youtu.be/2ilrjWJgJeU

SouBeachTalents
03-01-2020, 02:10 PM

Lmao, imagine if that was LeBron. There'd be a 3 page thread on the front page right now

Keno
03-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Lebron is a better leader and more impactful player than Kawhi. Pretty sure LeBron’s worst season assist average is higher than Kawhis.

superduper
03-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Lmao, imagine if that was LeBron. There'd be a 3 page thread on the front page right now

He also doesn't bring childish narcissistic attention upon himself by promising "not 1, not 2, not 3...", calling himself "chosen one" and "washed king :oldlol:".

Some people just want attention on themselves, they feed off of being primadonnas and if so, they're going to get equal amount of attention their way when they act a fool.

Kawhi doesn't do that so he doesn't get the same backlash.

It's not rocket science.

superduper
03-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Lebron is a better leader and more impactful player than Kawhi. Pretty sure LeBron’s worst season assist average is higher than Kawhis.

Look at this loser coming in to slob Bran's cawk for literally no reason, completely unrelated to the thread :oldlol:

L8krH8tr
03-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Lol at talking crap on the guy that took your choking winless Canadian laughing stock of a franchise and gave them only team sports championship that garbage city/country will ever win.

Canadians are almost as stupid and delusional as Laker fans.

ArbitraryWater
03-01-2020, 02:29 PM

Lmao, I forgot he turned it over after the layup as well...

commentator with the dry "he's screaming and-one" seconds after just adding to it.

bullettooth
03-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Lol at talking crap on the guy that took your choking winless Canadian laughing stock of a franchise and gave them only team sports championship that garbage city/country will ever win.

Oof.... you're an idiot.

TFC recently won the MLS championship in 2017. Blue Jays won the world series back to back in 1992 and 1993. Toronto Maple Leafs have a boatload of Stanley Cups as well...

A fanboy like you that stans a team with that many NBA championships should know Toronto's history.

superduper
03-01-2020, 02:35 PM

How's it talking crap to point out reality you moron lol. Kawhi has been visibly blaming his teammates more and more as of late. I'm sorry if you're one of those people that refuses to accept reality because "that's how thing's have always been".

SouBeachTalents
03-01-2020, 02:40 PM
Oof.... you're an idiot.

TFC recently won the MLS championship in 2017. Blue Jays won the world series back to back in 1992 and 1993. Toronto Maple Leafs have a boatload of Stanley Cups as well...

A fanboy like you that stans a team with that many NBA championships should know Toronto's history.
While what you said isn't inaccurate, 13 is a shit ton of Stanley Cups, at least 90% of their fan base has never seen them win one

MrFonzworth
03-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Look at this loser coming in to slob Bran's cawk for literally no reason, completely unrelated to the thread :oldlol:

You're doing the exact same thing geek. Go sharpen your pencil somewhere else weirdo.

Phenith
03-01-2020, 03:19 PM
PG has been injured about half the season and is putting up the same numbers he did his first year with Westbrook.
Also, last year was easily PGs best season of his career, comparing to that is a bit disingenuous, it's not a shock or even a story that he hasn't gotten back up to full speed with a new team while trying to get fully healthy.

DoctorP
03-01-2020, 03:47 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif

Not a take I agree with in the slightest. Without "the shot" Raptors aren't sniffing a title last season.

FireDavidKahn
03-01-2020, 04:15 PM

LeBron Derangement Syndrome is the new leading epidemic that is sweeping the nation.

ClipperRevival
03-01-2020, 04:19 PM
Yeah, Kawhi "reduces" his teammates into championships. Also, people are forgetting a huge factor in that when Kawhi left the Raptors, he left them as DEFENDING champs. So these guys have the confidence and cohesiveness of champs. Toronto isn't winning sh*t this year. I've said this before but it needs to be said again, there is a big difference between a solid, 50+ win regular season team and a truly elite team that can win a ring. Every time Bron leaves a team, he abandons a sinking ship. Kawhi left Toronto in good hands.

Kawhi is probably going to "reduce" his teammates into a ring this year too. :oldlol:

ClipperRevival
03-01-2020, 04:25 PM
PG has been injured about half the season and is putting up the same numbers he did his first year with Westbrook.
Also, last year was easily PGs best season of his career, comparing to that is a bit disingenuous, it's not a shock or even a story that he hasn't gotten back up to full speed with a new team while trying to get fully healthy.

Still worried about Playoff P doing in the Clips come playoff time. Luckily, he can follow Kawhi's lead so the burden isn't on him. He was never an alpha and needs a leader to follow.

tpols
03-01-2020, 04:29 PM
He literally won a championship with them last year. First year. And they werent favored. Down 0-2 to the bucks. No HCA.

What happened again?

tpols
03-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Yeah, Kawhi "reduces" his teammates into championships. Also, people are forgetting a huge factor in that when Kawhi left the Raptors, he left them as DEFENDING champs. So these guys have the confidence and cohesiveness of champs. Toronto isn't winning sh*t this year. I've said this before but it needs to be said again, there is a big difference between a solid, 50+ win regular season team and a truly elite team that can win a ring. Every time Bron leaves a team, he abandons a sinking ship. Kawhi left Toronto in good hands.

Kawhi is probably going to "reduce" his teammates into a ring this year too. :oldlol:

Thats a great point.

Everytime lebron leaves a team it was after an all time ass whooping and/or sweep.

It parallels to 3balls point on the '94 Bulls.

ClipperRevival
03-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Off topic but I am still not solid on Giannis and the Bucks. Being dominant in the reg season doesn't always tranlate into playoff success. Who is going to close for them? Giannis still doesn't have a go to move in half court sets. You can slow him down. He still can't take over a game offensively on cue as most of his points are in transition/semi trans or with a head of steam. Those get reduced dramatically in the playoffs.

Kawhi, on the other hand, has the exact offensive game needed to win rings. The complete ability to create his own shot in the half court due to his midrange mastery.

And1AllDay
03-01-2020, 04:36 PM

the fax rollllllllllll innnnnnnnnnnnnnn

ClipperRevival
03-01-2020, 04:47 PM
Thats a great point.

Everytime lebron leaves a team it was after an all time ass whooping and/or sweep.

It parallels to 3balls point on the '94 Bulls.

Has any other superstar besides MJ in 1993 and Kawhi last year do that? And that is win a ring & win fmvp and change teams/retire? Can't think of one of top of my head. That really is a unique situation and perhaps explain the success both teams had the following years.

imdaman99
03-01-2020, 04:52 PM
Just because the stats go down, doesn't mean he is reducing them. When you go from 1st option like PG was on OKC to 2nd option, your stats drop. It's simple. Plus there is a lot more offensive talent on the Clips, so everyone is eating.

And1AllDay
03-01-2020, 05:01 PM

Ouch :oldlol:

ZenMaster7210
03-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Raptors are playing great without him, Van Fleet, Pascal, Norman Powell, OG all having career years.

This year, Paul George has gone from 28/8/4 playing with WESTBROOK, to 21/6/4 playing with Kawhi.

According to a certain poster on this board, these events can only mean Kawhi reduces his teammates. The guy who plays most similar to MJ in the league (95-98 MJ), reduces his teammates.

Meanwhile guys like Kyrie and AD were/are thriving with Lebron James. Harden and Westbrook are thriving together...what can we make of this ISH?

Triggered by MJ and Kawhi. Face it you are a lebronze Stan and are afraid Leonard will get his 3rd Finals MVP. Deal with it!

ImKobe
03-01-2020, 06:24 PM
How does Kawhi reduce his teammates? Siakam and Lowry balled out in the Playoffs last year with him, FVV went off too after his son was born and it only makes sense that the young guys improve statistically as they get older and get more touches since he's no longer there. Raptors would be favorites to come out the EC if he was still on the team, instead they're viewed as a great RS team that could make the ECF if they finish with the 2 seed but no one really has them as serious title contenders.

StrongLurk
03-01-2020, 06:24 PM
I'm glad most posters in here disagree with my original post...since I'm just parroting the logic of a poster that I disagree with as well.

SpaceJam
03-02-2020, 01:45 AM

Kawhi's gone Hollywood

Keno
03-02-2020, 02:01 AM

OP was giving examples of other players and I was just proving his point, cringe of you to think that's unrelated.

BigShotBob
03-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Raptors aren't winning anything without him so let's stop the nonsense.