PDA

View Full Version : Zion Due For A 40/20 Game

FireDavidKahn
03-03-2020, 12:27 AM
We always give up career highs and we have absolutely no big that can even attempt to slow this guy down.

Can't wait:rockon:

scuzzy
03-03-2020, 12:45 AM
To all of us who knew from the get-go :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?460754-Zion-Williamson-Fam-GET-IN-HERE!

FireDavidKahn
03-03-2020, 12:56 AM
To all of us who knew from the get-go :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?460754-Zion-Williamson-Fam-GET-IN-HERE!

Looks like several LeFam knew this kids greatness.

Proud to be Lefam:cheers:

tontoz
03-03-2020, 09:47 AM
I like Zion but he has never had more than 11 rebounds in a game. He is averaging 7 rebounds per game. He isn't getting 40/20 until his defensive rebounding improves.

ImKobe
03-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Clearly OP doesn't know shit about how Zion plays because dude can barely get 5 defensive rebounds in a game. He's had TWO 10+ rebound games out of 15, it's safe to say he likely isn't doing it this season unless he plays 40+ minutes in a random OT game against a bad rebounding team.

FireDavidKahn
03-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Clearly OP doesn't know shit about how Zion plays because dude can barely get 5 defensive rebounds in a game. He's had TWO 10+ rebound games out of 15, it's safe to say he likely isn't doing it this season unless he plays 40+ minutes in a random OT game against a bad rebounding team.

Clearly you don't know shit about MY team.:oldlol:

Is Jake Layman gonna prevent him from grabbing boards?

Naz Reid could potentially but he'll foul out in about 5 minutes.

James Johnson probably can slow him down a bit.

Juan Hernangómez?

:roll:

Marchesk
03-03-2020, 01:00 PM

Juan Hernangómez?

Is KAT still out? Maybe Zion can get close to 20 on a bunch of offensive tips and put backs.

FireDavidKahn
03-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Is KAT still out? Maybe Zion can get close to 20 on a bunch of offensive tips and put backs.

Ya he is.

ImKobe
03-03-2020, 01:05 PM

Juan Hernangómez?

Act like the Timberwolves are the only bad defensive rebounding team in the league..If he didn't get more than 11 against Boston & Houston, he's not getting 20 rebounds against you guys. I'd give it a shot if he actually played 40 minutes in an OT game but that's not likely with all the rebounders he has around him, usually it's Lonzo or Ingram grabbing the defensive rebound and getting the ball up the court or passing it ahead to Zion for a bucket in transition.

RRR3
03-03-2020, 02:12 PM
ImKobe SEETHING that Zion has taken over his hero Ingram’s team :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
03-03-2020, 03:04 PM
He's unique. He's not charles barkley though. To be compared to Barkley would mean just absolute rebounding monster. Even in college, he was averaging 8-9 boards. He's going to be interesting to see develop because I believe he's a mix of Blake Griffin

andgar923
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
He's not a good rebounder. Im a huge Zion fan, but watching him play more (and not just highlights) shows how he's a weak rebounder. Sure he has a quick second jump on offensive rebounds, but he tends to get boxed out more often than not, he's on the perimeter far too long, doesn't attack the boards with much frequency and his feel for the rebounds isn't great. If he's not getting his own board he's not great, he's average at best. He also doesn't fight for position like he should. You'd expect he'd fight for boards, but he gets beat and boxed out by weaker players more than he should.

He also doesn't touch the ball enough to get 40 points. They rarely run plays for him and whether it's the offence or him adjusting, he looks lost half the time. He sort off bobbles around the court trying to set a screen or get open but it doesn't work for him.

andgar923
03-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Chuck wasn't hungry for the board... he was STARVING, wanting to devour every single board out there, bullying his way for every inch. Don't see that from Z/ion.

SaltyMeatballs
03-03-2020, 09:55 PM
One day in the future he'll be averaging 40/20 on 78% shooting

tontoz
03-03-2020, 10:17 PM
4 rebounds at the half. Pretty sure he wont get 20 lol. In fairness not many rebounds in this game.

Zion's offensive rebounding is comparable to Barkley but clearly he puts little importance on defensive rebounds. I think that he will have to be coached to make them more of a priority.

Marchesk
03-03-2020, 11:32 PM
25/8 is good. But Zion isn't a great rebounder yet. Holiday actually led the team with 10 rebounds.

Meanwhile, Lonzo was 7-10 from three!

ImKobe
03-04-2020, 02:43 AM
25/8

OP's retarded ass actually thought 20 rebounds was likely to happen. Had basically half of the numbers he predicted. Yikes.