PDA

View Full Version : Do people really think the Lakers will beat the Clippers?

StrongLurk
03-03-2020, 04:11 PM
I don't see how the Clips aren't the clear favorite out West. If they match up with Lakers, Clips are gonna go up 2-1 or 3-1 in the Series and the Lakers will have to pull of an incredible comeback to win.

AirBonner
03-03-2020, 04:12 PM
I don’t see how anyone will beat the Rockets

Axe
03-03-2020, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure if anyone can beat the Thunder in the playoffs.

ClipperRevival
03-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Put in like $80 pre-season for Clips to win it all at like +900 odds.

Right now, Lakers/Bucks are both like at +225 and Clips at +350. I'm thinking about putting in some good money on the Clips. They match up so well with the Lakers and i don't have any faith in playoff Giannis. Clips got the roster to win it all.

red1
03-04-2020, 01:54 PM
the clippers are the favorites because they have a roster full of hungry savages and because they've been playing their cards right resting their players the way they "should" assuming the only goal is to win the title

you cant count out lebron and anthony davis - it doesnt matter if lebron is old or if AD is injury prone or if the rest of the roster was filled out in one week this summer - they just have to turn up for three series and thats something they can do

bobopenguin
03-04-2020, 09:18 PM
the clippers are the favorites because they have a roster full of hungry savages and because they've been playing their cards right resting their players the way they "should" assuming the only goal is to win the title

you cant count out lebron and anthony davis - it doesnt matter if lebron is old or if AD is injury prone or if the rest of the roster was filled out in one week this summer - they just have to turn up for three series and thats something they can do

not sure if serious.

SouBeachTalents
03-04-2020, 09:20 PM
not sure if serious.
What the hell was wrong with what he said? What are you unsure he was serious about?

bobopenguin
03-04-2020, 09:57 PM
What the hell was wrong with what he said? What are you unsure he was serious about?

have a roster full of hungry savages? who? bunch of guys who showed up half of the time? only dude who's hungry out there is harrell cos hess fighting for his next big contract.

imdaman99
03-04-2020, 10:01 PM
I don’t see how anyone will beat the Rockets

This. Only team that can beat the Rockets are the Knicks. And they won't see them till the Finals.

red1
03-05-2020, 12:48 PM
have a roster full of hungry savages? who? bunch of guys who showed up half of the time? only dude who's hungry out there is harrell cos hess fighting for his next big contract.

never try to correct me again you dumbass jeremy lin stan

lou will
kawhi
beverly
harrell

then you toss in another guy who is starving for a ring like paul george

if you watched them play last year you would know they have heart and were just missing an offensive piece - and since then they added two of the best perimeter players in the league...

red1
03-05-2020, 12:51 PM
the lakers have the best duo in the NBA but after that who do they have? danny green? he's not worth 15 mill. kuzma? he's not a true third option.

in the playoffs you need MULTIPLE guys who can score and create for themselves. clippers have 3 guys who can do that at an elite level. you're kidding yourself if you don't think lou williams will be daggering teams in the playoffs meanwhile the lakers cant do SHIT without AD scoring or lebron spoonfeeding everyone for dunks and open shots.

Hardtop Hero
03-05-2020, 03:22 PM
the lakers have the best duo in the NBA but after that who do they have? danny green? he's not worth 15 mill. kuzma? he's not a true third option.

in the playoffs you need MULTIPLE guys who can score and create for themselves. clippers have 3 guys who can do that at an elite level. you're kidding yourself if you don't think lou williams will be daggering teams in the playoffs meanwhile the lakers cant do SHIT without AD scoring or lebron spoonfeeding everyone for dunks and open shots.

Question will be about if Lebron and AD go into another stratosphere of play vs what Kawahi and PG are able to do. Also, if the length of the team can bother them coinciding with their defense and finally if different role players can step up on different nights. If those things come together correctly, they most certainly can win. The question is if those factors can coalesce at the right time.

Stanley Kobrick
03-05-2020, 03:33 PM
I have Jazz winning it all

red1
03-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Question will be about if Lebron and AD go into another stratosphere of play vs what Kawahi and PG are able to do. Also, if the length of the team can bother them coinciding with their defense and finally if different role players can step up on different nights. If those things come together correctly, they most certainly can win. The question is if those factors can coalesce at the right time.

kawhi and PG dont have to be as good as AD and lebron will have to be because unlike the latter they have a much better supporting with prior chemistry and coaching intact.

Id take lebron and AD over PG and kawhi hands down so we'll see if they can give us a great series. I want 6 or 7 games at least.

ronniec
03-05-2020, 03:54 PM
I believe the Lakers do have a chance, if the rigged referees want to do so

lakerstekkenn
03-05-2020, 04:07 PM
We have to see the Lakers in full playoff defense and offensive mode before we start our judgment on if the Lakers can beat the Clippers or vise versa because these teams tend to cruise and hide their offensive systems and defense but come playoff time James and Davis will play more minutes and play on the playoff level otherwise were looking at fools gold.

SouBeachTalents
03-05-2020, 04:09 PM
I believe the Lakers do have a chance, if the rigged referees want to do so
Edgy, even with the broken English

LostCause
03-05-2020, 05:45 PM
I think it’s the other way around until the Clippers show otherwise

BigShotBob
03-05-2020, 11:36 PM
I think it’s the other way around until the Clippers show otherwise

You mean besides beating the Lakers twice?

superduper
03-06-2020, 12:24 AM
It's Kawhi's chip contingent on reff rigging for Bran.

ClipperRevival
03-06-2020, 12:30 AM
Just put down $100 at (+325) to win $325 on the Clips.

Lakers currently co-favs with Bucks according to Vegas. If Bron doesn't win a ring this year, another stain on his legacy. Ouchee.

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/basketball/nba

StrongLurk
03-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Bump

Clippers are CLEAR favorites this year

Axe
03-08-2020, 04:42 PM
Just put down $100 at (+325) to win $325 on the Clips.

Lakers currently co-favs with Bucks according to Vegas. If Bron doesn't win a ring this year, another stain on his legacy. Ouchee.

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/basketball/nba
Legacy you say? But the lakers during the 2000s and one in 2010 under Kobe's teams have won a total of five rings before lbj even won his first ring.

ImKobe
03-08-2020, 05:52 PM
Bump

Clippers are CLEAR favorites this year

uh oh