PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James with back to back NBA Player of Month award

Nike D'Antoni
03-03-2020, 10:11 PM
He has 2 now in the West just this year.I think 38 overall.Not sure if anyone can break that record.

DoctorP
03-03-2020, 10:14 PM
he's gonna win the mvp

Docs Orders
03-03-2020, 10:16 PM
17th season AND STILL....

:applause:

Nike D'Antoni
03-03-2020, 10:17 PM
he's gonna win the mvp

I think he should, His playmaking is reason why he should be ahead of others.He lifts entire team.

Docs Orders
03-03-2020, 10:18 PM
I think he should, His playmaking is reason why he should be ahead of others.He lifts entire team.

agree, the Lakers completely fall apart without him on the floor

tontoz
03-03-2020, 10:19 PM
Very impressive for a guy in his 17th season. I don't know but i would bet nobody in their 17th season has ever done it once.

MrFonzworth
03-03-2020, 10:23 PM
he's gonna win the mvp

As he should, especially because of the Kobe situation.

AussieSteve
03-03-2020, 10:49 PM
I agree that LeBron should win the MVP. But there is no chance that he will. It would completely go against all convention and therefore be your classic narrative driven MVP.

Giannis has the best stats of any player. And his team has the best record in the league. Barring a 10+ game injury, or a completely unexpected form slump by him or the Bucks, he will get the MVP.

LeBron is better and more valuable than Giannis, for sure. But Giannis and the bucks just keep doing things that historically indicate an MVP is coming his way.

LeBron can't catch Giannis, it's his to lose.

DoctorP
03-03-2020, 10:52 PM
I agree that LeBron should win the MVP. But there is no chance that he will. It would completely go against all convention and therefore be your classic narrative driven MVP.

Giannis has the best stats of any player. And his team has the best record in the league. Barring a 10+ game injury, or a completely unexpected form slump by him or the Bucks, he will get the MVP.

LeBron is better and more valuable than Giannis, for sure. But Giannis and the bucks just keep doing things that historically indicate an MVP is coming his way.

i'm going to say that human voters would err where robots wouldnt, maybe

Rico2016
03-03-2020, 11:00 PM

If he can close the win gap, maybe. But as of now it's

52 wins to 46 wins

Lakers are closer than I thought but the season is closing

SouBeachTalents
03-03-2020, 11:04 PM

Giannis is a lock. Better numbers, better record, doesn't have another superstar like AD on the team. He's honestly the easiest pick for MVP since Curry in 2016

Naero
03-04-2020, 12:12 AM

Even if you want to decontextualize the narrative-driven dynamic of the award, he still outqualifies LeBron.

Giannis is the more productive and efficient scorer, is his team's—and the league's, some would argue—best defender, and outachieves him in virtually every impact-oriented metric; LeBron's only clear one-uppance is in the playmaking department, and it's hard to argue he's his team's offensive mainstay overall when Anthony Davis is their leading scorer.

Obviously, the playoffs are a different animal, and Giannis still needs to prove he can tame it well. But he's demonstrably been the better and more impactful regular-season player so far, which is all that's relevant for the regular-season award.

That being said, I do feel LeBron deserves some token first-place votes for his incredible season—but not nearly enough to outvote Giannis by any frame of reference.

Docs Orders
03-04-2020, 04:16 AM
As he should, especially because of the Kobe situation.

:applause:

Marchesk
03-04-2020, 04:45 AM
The NBA is still going on with the coronavirus? Who is stupid enough to go to a game?

You think Spike Lee is gonna stop going to games after investing $10 million in Knicks tickets over the years?

Marchesk
03-04-2020, 04:50 AM
Giannis has a 31.8 PER (that's Wilt-level). Lebron is 25.6. Giannis has 96 defensive rating to Lebron's 106, and is leading the league in win shares. Giannis has a 11.5 BPM to 8.1 for Lebron.

Phoenix
03-04-2020, 05:19 AM
Should have been Westbrook. 33/7/6 on 55%. Houston was 9-2 last month including a win over the Lakers and he's been flat-out balling. And I've always looked at the guy as an ultra talented knuckle head but can't deny he's been playing great since the new year. Lebron for the most part played par for the course in February.

SpaceJam
03-04-2020, 06:49 AM
Giannis has a 31.8 PER (that's Wilt-level). Lebron is 25.6. Giannis has 96 defensive rating to Lebron's 106, and is leading the league in win shares. Giannis has a 11.5 BPM to 8.1 for Lebron.

If that was the criteria Bron would have won in '08 and '11 at the very least. Don't underestimate how much some voters love a good story, the voters after all are the media

tanibanana
03-04-2020, 08:49 AM
He is slowly catching up Giannis. Before All-Star, it was a 1-man MVP race. Now Giannis is still ahead, but not that far.

Phoenix
03-04-2020, 11:21 AM
He is slowly catching up Giannis. Before All-Star, it was a 1-man MVP race. Now Giannis is still ahead, but not that far.

Giannis still should be the clear front runner. He has the raw and advanced stats edge, his team record is better, and he doesn't have anyone remotely close to AD on his team. If Bron is in the running it's for 'he's doing what he's doing in year 17', a storyline argument. EVERY objective basketball reason favors Giannis.

red1
03-04-2020, 12:01 PM
still the king.

superduper
03-04-2020, 01:30 PM

Bran stans fuming at the FACTS :applause:

Naero
03-04-2020, 02:24 PM

Giannis is practically uncatchable at this point, and you'll only hear differently out of media-driven sensationalism. A multi-horse race simply sounds more enthralling unless the frontrunner is bound for the unanimous MVP; and because the reality is somewhere in the middle this season, many want the race to sound closer-run than it actually is.

LeBron is probably indisputably the runner-up right now, and I reiterate that he deserves some token votes, but that's where his candidacy peaks by all realistic predictors.

Lebron23
03-04-2020, 02:55 PM
5th MVP here we come.