PDA

View Full Version : So he’s taking these shots from the logo for the hell of it?

Kblaze8855
03-04-2020, 11:07 AM
https://youtu.be/axjCkf-GD80

You see Trae, Lillard, and Steph do it too at times.

They just out here advocating for the 4 pointer or what? That’s the ultimate “any time you want it” shot.

Id like a compilation of the ones that miss to see how stupid guys look....but I feel like there aren’t too many that miss. Maybe against the clock but those stroll up plenty of time ones always seem to go in don’t they?

Kblaze8855
03-04-2020, 11:08 AM
https://youtu.be/joAuOo0rTIc

No good reason.

SouBeachTalents
03-04-2020, 11:20 AM
:biggums: What the fck :oldlol: Not even Curry would take shots like that

To his credit, he made both of them. But yeah, extremely random that 17 years into his career he suddenly starts jacking up shots like that

Kblaze8855
03-04-2020, 11:27 AM
As the coach If he takes that shot and misses don’t you have to take him out of the game if only to maintain the appearance of being in control? That’s a bad position to put your coach in. You miss and he looks the other way doesn’t he have to take the bass out of his voice or at least the rest of the game?

highwhey
03-04-2020, 11:32 AM
Thats lebron, occasionally he does things like this to show he can do anything. Its usually something that isn't in his toolbox, but he does it anyway to make a statement.

Phoenix
03-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Lol that had the potential to be a serious WTF moment.

Ainosterhaspie
03-04-2020, 12:04 PM
I remember reading that he does better on longer threes, than shorter ones, so maybe this makes some sort of sense even though it's an extreme approach.

ImKobe
03-04-2020, 12:14 PM
He said he's practiced that shot. I think it started around 2017 when he started taking them every now & then, that's where the "Le****You threes" come from.

FKAri
03-04-2020, 12:40 PM
I've seen Trae and Porzingis do this a lot. Two takes on why this could work:

If you make a shot like this even a few times it can remain in the public conciousness and be reinforced by highlights.
Defenders play off of instinct and such a strong memory would push a defender to overplay you despite the %'s. I've seen Porzingis catch defenders with pump fakes from ridiculous distances because of it even though I'm sure they know the %'s aren't great.

There is something to be said about having all the time in the world without as much as a thought of a challenege to your shot.
This is also something that can be perfectly replicated in an empty gym and thus perfectly translate to an in-game situation. This has to somewhat offset the difficulty imposed by the added distance.
Though Lebron's was further than needed for this scenario.

bird shot left handed, jordan shot with his eyes closed, lebron shot from half court

next step in nba evolution: left handed eyes closed full court shots become the norm. lol

90sgoat
03-04-2020, 01:05 PM
It's the new "keeping your defender honest" and honestly I don't mind it too much, since defense today is never using full court pressure and barely half court pressure, so why shouldn't you just chuck it once in a while. It's not an impossible shot by any means if you're wide open.

superduper
03-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Wait what's the big deal? Every other player can do this.

red1
03-04-2020, 02:02 PM
that was fun to watch. 17 seasons in still entertaining his fans

still the king

highwhey
03-04-2020, 02:23 PM
Wait what's the big deal? Every other player can do this.

OP has orders from corporate to start new threads and get more basketball discussions going. This is all to make the recent investment worth it.

- Alan

Kblaze8855
03-04-2020, 03:45 PM
So we are saying 40ish foot pull-ups in transition without a clock issue are far less rare than I think?

SouBeachTalents
03-04-2020, 03:49 PM
So we are saying 40ish foot pull-ups in transition without a clock issue are far less rare than I think?
If it's LeBron doing it, yes

Kblaze8855
03-04-2020, 03:53 PM
Yea I’ve seen him do it. The famous heat check Bucks game was probably 13 years ago. I know he can....it just seems weird to actually do it. What I want is footage of the misses. Has to be out there. Let me look into that.

Overdrive
03-04-2020, 04:03 PM
Not negating the shot's difficulty and doesn't change a thing, but how is this not a travel?

ShawkFactory
03-04-2020, 04:08 PM

He’s just saying “I hate Lebron”.

That crazy Bucks shooting spree was in 09 I think

Marchesk
03-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Not negating the shot's difficulty and doesn't change a thing, but how is this not a travel?

Yeah, I noticed that too. The NBA sure is lax on some of its fundamental rules. I'd rather they called it more strict, because I want to see these great players have to score without every possible advantage. Sometimes I wonder how players don't just give up on defense.

RRR3
03-04-2020, 04:30 PM
LeBron takes and makes some of the most bullshit shots I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t do it that often but when he does you just go :biggums:

AirBonner
03-04-2020, 04:34 PM
LeBron takes and makes some of the most bullshit shots I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t do it that often but when he does you just go :biggums:

That’s kind of what makes an all time great player. Kobe, MJ and LeBron had those circus shots

Docs Orders
03-04-2020, 04:41 PM
Most difficult shot taker and maker off all time :applause:

sdot_thadon
03-04-2020, 05:13 PM

I get a kick out of the sheer audacity of it when he decides to launch them. A guy who's mostly seen as a non shooter swishes casual 40 footers in a competitive game. Maybe it's time to rethink the shooter narrative he carries, maybe that's his goal.

Kyle_korver
03-04-2020, 06:14 PM
He took a lot of these kinds of shots in 2009 2010 but most were buzzer beaters . I remember him shooting a pull up near half court in regular shooting form over prime Derrick rose and just stood there and laughed after it went in

fourkicks44
03-04-2020, 06:34 PM
As the coach If he takes that shot and misses don’t you have to take him out of the game if only to maintain the appearance of being in control? That’s a bad position to put your coach in. You miss and he looks the other way doesn’t he have to take the bass out of his voice or at least the rest of the game?

Vogel aint telling him shit.

LeBron runs this team and this team ain't shit without LeBron.

ImKobe
03-04-2020, 06:41 PM
Vogel aint telling him shit.

LeBron runs this team and this team ain't shit without LeBron.

Agreed with the first sentence, the 2nd... uhh.. we saw what happened last season.

Jasper
03-04-2020, 11:06 PM
what I do not like about the Lakers is that they the whole season really play style of playoff basketball = 1/2 court sets.
James dribbles ball... clock winding - finds an open player - DIME
They can be dangerous because of him in the playoffs , but teams with defense will be putting up more shots than the Lakers...
That means Lakers lose(.)

Marchesk
03-04-2020, 11:09 PM
Porzingis just took one in the middle of the shot clock. It's weird as hell seeing 7'3 dude take a 36 foot jumper.

FireDavidKahn
03-04-2020, 11:15 PM
:biggums: What the fck :oldlol: Not even Curry would take shots like that

To his credit, he made both of them. But yeah, extremely random that 17 years into his career he suddenly starts jacking up shots like that

It's just to curb stomp the other team.

Pipes2.0
03-04-2020, 11:18 PM
https://youtu.be/joAuOo0rTIc

No good reason.

He was going for the 2 for 1 on this one.
The first one he was just trolling the Sixers and because he has the green light to do anything he wants.

Pipes2.0
03-04-2020, 11:23 PM
Yea I’ve seen him do it. The famous heat check Bucks game was probably 13 years ago. I know he can....it just seems weird to actually do it. What I want is footage of the misses. Has to be out there. Let me look into that.

He did try a half court shot to go for the win just last all-star game. It was a clank, but you couldn't hate him for it under the circumstance.