PDA

View Full Version : What are the most underrated storylines of this NBA season?

insidehoops
03-05-2020, 04:30 PM
We all know the top couple of MVP candidates and the top few teams. But take a look at the standings ( http://www.insidehoops.com/standings.shtml ) and player stat leaders ( http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-player-stat-leaders.shtml ) and anything else that might be helpful, and share some developments you've noticed this season that have gone under the radar.

Can be minor observations. Even just about role players on some random team. Or whatever you want.

SouBeachTalents
03-05-2020, 04:39 PM
I think what CP3's done with the Thunder, where his career was expected to die, hasn't gotten enough notice. The Thunder were expected to be one of the worst teams in the league, and here we are a week into March and they're a single game back from having HCA in the first round out West. Absolutely nobody could've predicted that.

And I know he literally just did it last year, so I get it to a certain extent, but I just find it funny that Harden's averaging 35 ppg for the season, and absolutely nobody notices or cares. Even in this era of video game stats, that's still extremely rare, and I feel like that legitimately hasn't gotten mentioned at all this season

LukeWalton
03-05-2020, 08:44 PM
strangely enough the Rockets-Thunder trade worked out for both sides.. although I don't think it necessarily moved them further in the playoffs than before.

Celtics 1825
03-05-2020, 09:05 PM
I think what CP3's done with the Thunder, where his career was expected to die, hasn't gotten enough notice. The Thunder were expected to be one of the worst teams in the league, and here we are a week into March and they're a single game back from having HCA in the first round out West. Absolutely nobody could've predicted that.

And I know he literally just did it last year, so I get it to a certain extent, but I just find it funny that Harden's averaging 35 ppg for the season, and absolutely nobody notices or cares. Even in this era of video game stats, that's still extremely rare, and I feel like that legitimately hasn't gotten mentioned at all this season
A lot of people were talking about it earlier in the season when he was averaging near 40 but he cooled down a bit since then. Also no crazy 30 point game streak this time around

imdaman99
03-05-2020, 09:24 PM

Nah I knew they would be good if they kept CP3. Everyone that thought they would suck, figured he would be unhappy and traded so OKC could tank. They obviously did not tank, they've gotten used to making the playoffs I don't think they wanted to waste a season. They have more shooting now then they ever had around Westbrook :lol

red1
03-05-2020, 09:27 PM
the knicks did it - they finally broke spike lee.

40 years down the drain. :cry:

Marchesk
03-05-2020, 09:34 PM
the knicks did it - they finally broke spike lee.

40 years down the drain. :cry:

I mean how do you chase off someone who's spent 10 million dollars in tickets? Just let him use the same damn entrance. How can the Knicks organization be this dysfunctional?