PDA

View Full Version : Which draft duo gives you the best chance at a ring?

Kblaze8855
03-09-2020, 05:39 AM
From 09 to now......you get any 2 players from that draft to win a ring with in the next 10 years. You obviously have a longer window with the recent draft....but the older draft gives you the players most prepared to win right now. So its a balancing act. One could argue 09 gives you the best duo youre likely to have in any single season. But thats up to you. Some years left out for having no combos worth considering(unless you want like....George/John Wall).

Steph and James Harden. Oldest...but 2021 Steph/Harden gives you a great shot.

Leonard and then Klay, Jimmy Butler, Kemba, or Kyrie.

AD and your pick of Beal/Lillard

Giannis and Gobert

Embiid and Jokic

KAT/Porzingis/Booker. Your pick.

Ben Simmons/Ingram/Sabonis/Siakam. Your pick.

Tatum/Mitchell/Bam/Fox

Luka/Trae(unless you want Ayton)

Zion/Ja

As I said....the older teams shorten the window but you know for a fact those first 2 years could win like....next year and for another year or two easily. Sion and Ja could probably be great for years. But "probably" is the key. Luka and Trae would score 140 for 15 years. Would they give up 145? Giannis and Rudy would shut down everyone for 10 years. Would their teams develop enough offense around them?

You need one ring. Getting several would be great. But you gotta get at least one.

Which year gives you the best chance starting in 2021?

iamgine
03-09-2020, 07:01 AM
I'll take Luka Doncic and Jaren Jackson. Their salary is still low until 2023 where you can afford 2 more max salary in the off season. Same principle goes with Morant/Zion but I don't trust Zion's health.

red1
03-09-2020, 10:28 AM
zion and ja would be a monster duo for years to come. I'd roll the dice on them. the others are proven commodities but I like that upside more.

otherwise it would be harden and curry or kawhi and klay. those duos are also impossible to stop.

tanibanana
03-09-2020, 10:42 AM
Assuming Oladipo gets his health back to top 100%.
I’m going with Giannis-Oladipo.

Curry/Harden might already peaked two years ago, so their window time to win is very slim.

Wally450
03-09-2020, 12:09 PM
AD & Lillard would be pretty insane with the right pieces around them.

Marchesk
03-09-2020, 01:30 PM
AD & Lillard would be pretty insane with the right pieces around them.

I'd go with AD & Lillard. If the goal was to win the most rings, then I'd consider Ja/Zion, but that's more risky.

superduper
03-09-2020, 01:39 PM
To mix up the menu a little bit, AD and Kawhi would be a 3peat.

red1
03-09-2020, 01:49 PM
To mix up the menu a little bit, AD and Kawhi would be a 3peat.

Im glad you crawled out of your hole bitch. get back to your only function of trolling manny. :applause:

DMAVS41
03-09-2020, 02:26 PM
Giannis and Gobert for me probably first...then AD/Lillard...then Luka/Jackson (assuming he's available like someone mentioned earlier...he's a great fit next to Luka)

But, overall, give me the best player who happens to be the youngest out of the proven vets on the list.. I know his pairing with Gobert isn't ideal, but the defense/rebounding would be insane.