PDA

View Full Version : To start a new franchise, would you rather have Ja & Zion or ...

Marchesk
03-09-2020, 09:28 PM
Wait for it.

Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac
Kyle Kuzma

On the one hand, you get the two best rookies this year, with one of them looking like the next superstar, but with some health concerns. On the other hand, you get a starting team and sixth man with two all-stars or at least six assets to build with.

Marchesk
03-09-2020, 09:35 PM
You seem quite obsessed with Zion. Are you okay?

There's 8 players there. I believe I've mentioned Ingram more than Zion on this forum this year.

DoctorP
03-09-2020, 10:04 PM
easily Ja and Zion. Is this even a question?

SouBeachTalents
03-09-2020, 10:13 PM
That team would never come close to winning a championship, Zion & Ja easily

Marchesk
03-09-2020, 10:33 PM
easily Ja and Zion. Is this even a question?

Yeah, it is. Lonzo is better now than people give him credit for. Kuzma is the third option on a Lebron/AD team, so of course he's not going to shine. You can trade several of those players and build around your best three. At any rate, you're starting out with six players instead of two who are still young with more experience. I'll grant that Zion has the best upside. Are we sure Ja is better than Ingram?

This is what aggravates me.

DoctorP
03-09-2020, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it is. Lonzo is better now than people give him credit for. Kuzma is the third option on a Lebron/AD team, so of course he's not going to shine. You can trade several of those players and build around your best three. At any rate, you're starting out with six players instead of two who are still young with more experience. I'll grant that Zion has the best upside. Are we sure Ja is better than Ingram?

This is what aggravates me.

Yeah. Ja is better than Ingram. I'll call that right now.

Ja and Zion = superstars in the making

other guys= good role players

Marchesk
03-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Yeah. Ja is better than Ingram. I'll call that right now.

Ja and Zion = superstars in the making

other guys= good role players

Two of them are all-stars. Kuzma is better than a role player. Lonzo is starting to look like he's a quality starter long term. Zubac is a quality seven footer.

I'll grant that if Ja and Zion both end up superstars, you take them, no question. If Zion is as good as some people think he wil be, then we've seen that's enough to make a franchise a contender. So again, you take that. But right now? I'd be tempted to go with the six players. It does really depend a lot on Lonzo and Kuzma's future development, though. Or how valuable they are in trades. What if you can get a disgruntled star in his prime for a several of those players to pair with Ingram and Russell? Someone like KAT was before Minny made their trade.

DoctorP
03-09-2020, 11:55 PM
Two of them are all-stars. Kuzma is better than a role player. Lonzo is starting to look like he's a quality starter long term. Zubac is a quality seven footer.

I'll grant that if Ja and Zion both end up superstars, you take them, no question. If Zion is as good as some people think he wil be, then we've seen that's enough to make a franchise a contender. So again, you take that. But right now? I'd be tempted to go with the six players. It does really depend a lot on Lonzo and Kuzma's future development, though. Or how valuable they are in trades. What if you can get a disgruntled star in his prime for a several of those players to pair with Ingram and Russell? Someone like KAT was before Minny made their trade.

MEH. SO ARE KEMBA WALKER AND JIMMY BUTLER.

Gimme Ja and Zion. Bonafied.

NuggetsFan01
03-10-2020, 08:59 AM
Zion

ImKobe
03-10-2020, 09:34 AM
Ja & Zion could be special as a duo, but are we sure Zion can play a full season, how long before his body wears down? I could keep Zo, Ingram & Kuzma and use the 3 other guys to land some solid players/picks in return. Makes no sense to pick 2 over 6. If I had to pick one out of the 8 I'd go with Morant.

Real Men Wear Green
03-10-2020, 09:37 AM
Long term I'd rather have Morant or Williamson by themselves over that whole other group. Morant is going to be Russell Westbrook with the skills of Steve Nash.

Marchesk
03-10-2020, 06:29 PM
Long term I'd rather have Morant or Williamson by themselves over that whole other group. Morant is going to be Russell Westbrook with the skills of Steve Nash.

And that would make him more valuable than those six former Lakers?

I don't see that. Zion if he becomes the next Giannis-like player. But Westbrook/Nash? Not sure. You still have to get all the other pieces instead of starting with six that you can trade as needed.

You really aren't very high on any of them. What about GMs around the league?

John Connor
03-10-2020, 06:32 PM
That entire list of former / one current Laker are all overrated mediocre to above average players. The reason they got hyped is because of the franchise they played for. It's that simple.

The premise of this thread is bordering on literal retardation.

A generational talent, a guaranteed All-Star bordering on superstar, or a bunch of mediocre overrated players?

Tough choice.

Real Men Wear Green
03-10-2020, 06:39 PM
And that would make him more valuable than those six former Lakers?

I don't see that. Zion if he becomes the next Giannis-like player. But Westbrook/Nash? Not sure. You still have to get all the other pieces instead of starting with six that you can trade as needed.

You really aren't very high on any of them.
I will concede that I don't view any of the 6 as being great I do put some value on Ingram making the ASG. The reason I'm not that concerned about losing out on the higher quantity of rotation players is that most of those guys are highly replaceable. I take a superstar over a solid starting five if I'm starting a team because you shouldn't have a hard tine finding a Ball-level pg if you have cap space. Short term my team mau not be as good but after a season or two of building my team should be better because generally you need superstars to build a great team. That group of players is the foundation for respectability but if you add Russell to the Pelican team that struggled before Williamson returned and that's basically what you're looking at.

MrFonzworth
03-10-2020, 07:52 PM
Give me Ja OR Zion over the other scrubs.

Marchesk
03-11-2020, 01:09 AM
or a bunch of mediocre overrated players?

Two of them are all-stars.