03-10-2020, 09:53 PM
https://youtu.be/n2s50sh15dq

https://media.giphy.com/media/xua7bdhcwygbefodgu/giphy.gif

a
nother

one

Pipes2.0
03-10-2020, 10:09 PM
I watched the clip, and it's annoying how Barnes and Stephen Jax keep interrupting Al just because they don't agree with him that Lebron is his GOAT. They also keep insisting "What about Kobe?".
I mean, that's his own opinion and he gave strong points on why he thinks Bron is GOAT to him.
Obvious Homerism to Kobe and slight diss to Bron with those guys.

Stanley Kobrick
03-10-2020, 10:22 PM
stephen and matt looked like they were about to cry for him not mentioning kobe

NBAGOAT
03-10-2020, 10:33 PM
it is hard to take harrington seriously however when he talks about guys not having pride defensively. Not exactly the type of player who can make that criticism haha

Keno
03-10-2020, 10:40 PM
nothing but facts. :applause:

SpaceJam
03-11-2020, 02:35 AM
Jesus christ, I love the era I grew up watching but these 'tough guy' personas some of these dudes put on his so cringe.

Matt Barnes out here like "we took pride in playing 82 games ever year" well yeah dude you're playing like 15-20 minutes a game, these stars taking nights off are almost doubling that, WHILST carrying the team. Talking about pride in playing 82 games, dude played 78+ games TWICE in 14 years, never played 82 by the way.

That's why D Fish ****s your wife

Don't even get me started on this Kobe circlejerk these two dudes always love to go on. Al handled it great lmao "I'm not disrespecting I'm just saying you asked ME who MY top is"

guy
03-11-2020, 10:19 AM
His opinion doesn’t mean much after saying he’d pick Jordan to start a team. It doesn’t really make much sense.

superduper
03-11-2020, 10:22 AM
But if Al Harrington said Kobe was the GOAT he would be lumped in with the likes of "Steph Jackson, Matt Barnes, etc" thug type and his opinion would be disregarded by the media and Bran stans :oldlol:

The double standards are real.

Manny98
03-11-2020, 10:25 AM
His opinion doesn’t mean much after saying he’d pick Jordan to start a team. It doesn’t really make much sense.
df are you talking about, he clearly stated that LeBron is the GOAT in the video

Don't be mad because people don't think your hero is the unanimous GOAT :oldlol:

guy
03-11-2020, 10:33 AM
df are you talking about, he clearly stated that LeBron is the GOAT in the video

Don't be mad because people don't think your hero is the unanimous GOAT :oldlol:

And he clearly stated he’d start a team with Jordan. I guess people just have different definitions of GOAT. Mine would be who would you pick first to build a team around assuming it’s with the purpose of winning the most championships as possible.. The whole point of the game is to win, so if you would pick one person over everyone else, that’s who I would consider GOAT. Being able to do more which was his argument for Lebron doesn’t necessarily translate into being better and contributing to more winning.

red1
03-11-2020, 10:55 AM
manny with his first 5-star post in his life great work kid :applause:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/B8c8Qm5pNzv1K/giphy.gif

Manny98
03-11-2020, 10:59 AM
And he clearly stated he’d start a team with Jordan. I guess people just have different definitions of GOAT. Mine would be who would you pick first to build a team around assuming it’s with the purpose of winning the most championships as possible.. The whole point of the game is to win, so if you would pick one person over everyone else, that’s who I would consider GOAT. Being able to do more which was his argument for Lebron doesn’t necessarily translate into being better and contributing to more winning.
LeBron has won more total playoff games than MJ and has pretty much the same winning percentage :confusedshrug:

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 11:06 AM
Jesus christ, I love the era I grew up watching but these 'tough guy' personas some of these dudes put on his so cringe.

Matt Barnes out here like "we took pride in playing 82 games ever year" well yeah dude you're playing like 15-20 minutes a game, these stars taking nights off are almost doubling that, WHILST carrying the team. Talking about pride in playing 82 games, dude played 78+ games TWICE in 14 years, never played 82 by the way.

That's why D Fish ****s your wife

Don't even get me started on this Kobe circlejerk these two dudes always love to go on. Al handled it great lmao "I'm not disrespecting I'm just saying you asked ME who MY top is"
:lol:applause:

guy
03-11-2020, 12:10 PM
LeBron has won more total playoff games than MJ and has pretty much the same winning percentage :confusedshrug:

Okay man. You obviously don’t weigh every playoff game and regular season game the same and theres clearly reasons to think Jordan contributes more to winning championships then Lebron. And I’m not even saying it’s the fact that he has actually won a lot more, in my view that fact is just evidence of those reasons.

superduper
03-11-2020, 12:11 PM
Okay man. You obviously don’t weigh every playoff game and regular season game the same and theres clearly reasons to think Jordan contributes more to winning championships then Lebron. And I’m not even saying it’s the fact that he has actually won a lot more, in my view that fact is just evidence of those reasons.

The 6/6 is merely a byproduct, that's what they struggle to understand.

Manny98
03-11-2020, 07:05 PM

So you think Bill Russell is the GOAT since he has more rings than LeBron & MJ combined

Manny98
03-11-2020, 07:06 PM

Byproduct of facing medicore teams in the finals

Axe
03-11-2020, 07:45 PM
So the west teams that they faced during the 90s which include the lakers, trailblazers, suns, supersonics and jazz were all mediocre or trash teams just because they didn't win the championship series against the bulls during those times lmao. Smh.

This is so similar to saying the lakers are a mediocre or trash team during the 60s because they never won an nba title in that decade, especially when the rivalry was imminent with the celtics, who dominated that time.

Manny98
03-11-2020, 07:49 PM
So the west teams that they faced during the 90s which include the lakers, trailblazers, suns, supersonics and jazz were all mediocre or trash teams just because they didn't win the championship series against the bulls during those times lmao. Smh.

This is so similar to saying the lakers are a mediocre team during the 60s because they never won an nba title in that decade.

Compared to the 15-18 Warriors

Spurs with Kawhi, Duncan, Manu, Parker

OKC with KD, Russ and Harden

You think MJ is going 6/6 facing those teams every year in the finals?

Axe
03-11-2020, 07:53 PM
Compared to the 15-18 Warriors

Spurs with Kawhi, Duncan, Manu, Parker

OKC with KD, Russ and Harden

You think MJ is going 6/6 facing those teams every year in the finals?
Why don't you go find that out yourself instead of hurling out rhetorical questions like that. Fyi you do know they, mj and lbj, played in different eras right? By the way, you mentioned those teams just because lbj and his team beat them at least once? Lmao you're too obvious.

Manny98
03-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Why don't you go find that out yourself instead of hurling out rhetorical questions like that. Fyi you do know they, mj and lbj, played in different eras right? By the way, you mentioned those teams just because lbj and his team beat them at least once? Lmao you're too obvious.
So the answers no?

Got it

Axe
03-11-2020, 07:59 PM
So the answers no?

Got it
Oh, so you really do have an awful mentality there i see. What a great way to waste my time.

SouBeachTalents
03-11-2020, 08:04 PM
6/6 is a byproduct of never having to go into the Finals at a significant talent disadvantage like LeBron has numerous times ('07, '15, '18). Whenever Jordan faced a similar disparity in talent ('85-'90), his team lost too. That's what makes Finals record such a poor argument, that happens to literally be the only round Jordan never went up against a team clearly better than his. But look up his record against the Celtics & Pistons, it ain't close to "6/6"

There are numerous things you can point to for Jordan being better than LeBron, they should have nothing to do with the arbitrary fact he happened to lose to Detroit in earlier rounds instead of the Finals

Axe
03-11-2020, 08:21 PM
Poor Michael Jordan and bulls getting berated for being swept until scottie pippen arrived or eliminated in the farther rounds of the playoffs in his first 6 years then winning 6 championships throughout the 90s via two three-peats, implying that they've faced no real competition during their time of dominance. 😓

Poor LeBron James gets berated for being swept in his first finals appearance and then joining forces with other superstars in another team and coming back to his original club on his way to 8-straight finals, garnering a 3-6 record along the way because west teams he faced are "stacked". 😓

This lame world is just so full of pointing out fingers to who and who.

E_Stamkos
03-11-2020, 08:35 PM
Well if the great Al Harrington said it lol....

MJ straddles over, spreads apart his asscheeks and diarrhea shits down throats of all your team hopping heroes.

Foh

guy
03-12-2020, 03:51 PM
So you think Bill Russell is the GOAT since he has more rings than LeBron & MJ combined

No. As I said, I think Jordan is GOAT because I think he is the best player to build around for the purpose of winning the most championships as possible. There are reasons I think that, and in the case of the comparison to Lebron, him actually having more titles is evidence of those reasons, it is not THE reason. Russell has more championships than Jordan but I think a lot of that has to do with being in a league when basketball was pretty much still in its infancy and the league itself didn’t have that many teams. With that said, I do respect the older pioneers and try to take the era differences into account – sure he has the advantage of being ahead of his time athletically, the talent pool being so much smaller, not having to go up against as many black players, and the lesser teams, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t an all-time great player that led his team to 11 rings, which is amazing regardless of era, who didn’t have a lot of disadvantages as well i.e. economy travel, lower quality footwear, training staff, etc. For all of those reasons, I’d probably have him as 2nd, but of course I didn’t watch him play nor is there that much footage on him so I can’t strongly argue for him one way or the other. But based on what I know, I’d probably have as 2nd.

guy
03-12-2020, 03:56 PM
6/6 is a byproduct of never having to go into the Finals at a significant talent disadvantage like LeBron has numerous times ('07, '15, '18). Whenever Jordan faced a similar disparity in talent ('85-'90), his team lost too. That's what makes Finals record such a poor argument, that happens to literally be the only round Jordan never went up against a team clearly better than his. But look up his record against the Celtics & Pistons, it ain't close to "6/6"

There are numerous things you can point to for Jordan being better than LeBron, they should have nothing to do with the arbitrary fact he happened to lose to Detroit in earlier rounds instead of the Finals

I don't care about Finals record either, I think its a silly argument. Losing later isn't worse then losing earlier. Losing is also losing though regardless of when it is, so I don't know why we started emphasizing "Finals appearances" as such a great achievement the way we have been since Lebron came around.

But based on what you said and only mentioning, 07, 15, 18, then are you saying Lebron should be 6/9?

Phoenix
03-12-2020, 04:19 PM
I don't care about Finals record either, I think its a silly argument. Losing later isn't worse then losing earlier. Losing is also losing though regardless of when it is, so I don't know why we started emphasizing "Finals appearances" as such a great achievement the way we have been since Lebron came around.

But based on what you said and only mentioning, 07, 15, 18, then are you saying Lebron should be 6/9?

It was heralded as an achievement to counter the 'but Jordan has more rings' argument. So to counter that, the '1/9 before Pippen' and 'Lebron's been to 9 finals' counterargument took off from there. The funny thing is, when you talk players at this level, they likely have a more absolute approach. If you didn't win the title, then you failed that year. Ask Lebron if he'd rather have gone to 6 finals and won 5 rings, or 9 finals and won 3. I'm sure he'd tell you the former. I'd also say that Lebron has also had some teams that really had no business being in the finals to lose in the first place, which plays into the whole 'he's always the underdog' argument. 2007 Cavs were not a quality finals team, but the Cavs caught a lightning in the bottle moment between the fall of the Shaq/Wade Heat, the decline of the Pistons, and before the big 3 Celtics and the Dwight/Hedo/Lewis Magic kicked in. The 2008, 2009 and 2010 Cavs were better than the 2007 version, Lebron was better...but they lost because their eastern competition also got much better.

And1AllDay
03-14-2020, 03:21 PM
https://youtu.be/n2S50Sh15DQ

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7bdHCwYgbeFODGU/giphy.gif

Al claims LeBron best. we stay winning la familia

warriorfan
03-14-2020, 03:23 PM

If LeBron was at such a talent disadvantage in the Finals so often I think that is all there needs to be said about strength between West and East conferences. The best in the East consistently didn’t match up with the best in the West.

FromDowntown
03-14-2020, 03:45 PM
If LeBron was at such a talent disadvantage in the Finals so often I think that is all there needs to be said about strength between West and East conferences. The best in the East consistently didn’t match up with the best in the West.

You're missing the point, which isn't surprising considering your IQ level.

warriorfan
03-14-2020, 03:52 PM
You're missing the point, which isn't surprising considering your IQ level.

No, you are missing my point you subhuman.

You can’t paint a narrative of LeBron’s awful record in the Finals being due to talent disparities while simultaneously entertaining the narrative that the East conference wasn’t historically weak during LeBrons Finals appearances.

Please never quote any of my posts again.

tpols
03-14-2020, 04:28 PM
pretty hilarious coming from al harrington. Guy couldnt and wouldnt defend a light pole.

He is right though...his skill creating, 2 pt range, is super elite.

Ghetto as **** though.

BarberSchool
03-14-2020, 06:42 PM
Al Harrington's opinion will no longer be taken seriously, by anyone whose opinion matters, to other people whose opinion matters.

If you didn't understand that sentence on first read thru, it's likely you aren't in the aforementioned group.

Axe
03-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Who's Al Harrington as a player anyway? That guy played for the golden state warriors long before the dynasty of the splash brothers.

Manny98
03-14-2020, 08:30 PM
I see this thread has the Jordan stans feeling a type of way :lol

LAmbruh
03-14-2020, 08:32 PM
landslide victory

90% of players that ever stepped on a pro court say LeGoat GOAT, consensus cemented

another one

FromDowntown
03-14-2020, 10:32 PM
landslide victory

90% of players that ever stepped on a pro court say LeGoat GOAT, consensus cemented

another one

Goat gonna goat

Shooter
05-12-2021, 11:42 PM
landslide victory

another one

BigShotBob
05-12-2021, 11:45 PM

So essentially, if Lebron was drafted to the Nuggets instead of Carmelo, he would have never seen the Finals at all unless he left for Miami (which would happen no matter what).

Shooter
05-12-2021, 11:50 PM
So essentially, if Lebron was drafted to the Nuggets instead of Carmelo, he would have never seen the Finals at all unless he left for Miami (which would happen no matter what).

LeBron can win under any condition.

Give him a PG and Ty Lue. Chip
Give him a SG and Coach Spo. Chip
Give him a PF and Frank Vogel. Chip

He won under every circumstance.

Next :lol

BigShotBob
05-12-2021, 11:59 PM
LeBron can win under any condition.

Give him a PG and Ty Lue. Chip
Give him a SG and Coach Spo. Chip
Give him a PF and Frank Vogel. Chip

He won under every circumstance.

Next :lol

What happened in 2007, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2019?