PDA

View Full Version : at this point, the playoffs will be played in empty gyms bc of the virus

highwhey
03-10-2020, 02:42 PM
will they pump in fake background noise from audiences to the broadcast?

it's going to be weird just hearing the squeaks from the players shoes on the hardwood.

scuzzy
03-10-2020, 02:46 PM
I like the idea of it, it'll be raw. Blacktop style and all you hear is players grunting/talking, coaches bithching

I'm down :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
03-10-2020, 02:48 PM

it's going to be weird just hearing the squeaks from the players shoes on the hardwood.

Have them play with GoPro's for that POV experience.

Marchesk
03-10-2020, 04:41 PM
What if several stars get sick? That could totally change the outcome of the playoffs.

What if half a team is out and they have no depth?

Bronbron23
03-10-2020, 05:39 PM
Weird there wouldn't be any fans because of the corona virus but they let fans come with the flu outbreak thats been around forever thats much worse.

Doranku
03-10-2020, 05:50 PM
I wonder if LeBron actually wouldn't play. If he doesn't play, he certainly won't be the only one which makes me think they'd just postpone the playoffs rather than play them without a crowd.

FKAri
03-10-2020, 09:24 PM
Weird there wouldn't be any fans because of the corona virus but they let fans come with the flu outbreak thats been around forever thats much worse.

I understand being distrustful of what govt officials or other orgs are telling the public but you're not qualified to make that judgment yourself based on the available info. Those that are, predominantly disagree with your assessment.

Stanley Kobrick
03-10-2020, 09:27 PM
highway you predicted this would happen, good call

highwhey
03-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Possible it may be shortened or suspended. Wow.

jayfan
03-11-2020, 02:03 PM

The MAC conference tournament will be played in an empty arena this weekend in Cleveland, with the finals airing on espn2. You'll be used to it come playoff time.

I.R.Beast
03-11-2020, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Marchesk;13945297]What if several stars get sick? That could totally change the outcome of the playoffs.

Thats not happening. Propaganda. Remembers sars, ebola, swine flu, and all the other non sense they created a panic over. Besides.. A vegan diet and yo'll be fine...

Derka
03-11-2020, 02:12 PM
They're gonna have to remove the mics from near the floor if this happens because there won't be crowd noise to drown out all of the curse-laden trash talk that goes on during a typical NBA game.