PDA

View Full Version : Every game will eventually be played.

Pushxx
03-12-2020, 12:48 PM
The NBA isn't throwing those games away. Nooo wayyyyy. Chill ppl

We'll see everyone in 2-3 months when this shit blows over

superduper
03-12-2020, 12:51 PM
It is going to be extremely complex to push everything back 2-3 months and reschedule the venues and everything else involved with it. It's not as simple as just saying "2-3 month delay"...

Nobody knows what's going to happen, there's too many variables.

Stanley Kobrick
03-12-2020, 12:54 PM
It is going to be extremely complex to push everything back 2-3 months and reschedule the venues and everything else involved with it. It's not as simple as just saying "2-3 month delay"...

so much complexity so many variables. you are very wise

HylianNightmare
03-12-2020, 12:58 PM
If anyones still alive

Mean Joe Bean
03-12-2020, 01:01 PM
No way in hell the regular season games get rescheduled.

If the games resume in 2 months, it will go straight to the playoffs. Look at the standings now. Those are your playoff teams.

Mean Joe Bean
03-12-2020, 01:01 PM
If anyones still alive

Only elderly are dying. Stop spreading nonsense.

rawimpact
03-12-2020, 01:17 PM
You can't buy back time... of course games are going to be thrown away. Do you not expect there to be time between seasons? This time cannot be made up.

Real Men Wear Green
03-12-2020, 01:25 PM
You can't buy back time... of course games are going to be thrown away. Do you not expect there to be time between seasons? This time cannot be made up.
Unfortunately I agree. If this drags on for months a full season creates too much chaos with both the start of next season as well as the Olympics. At best we get to see a postseason with a few weeks warm-up but we hadn't been doing enough to prepre before and don't even know what the signs will be that the NBA is clear to resume.

jayfan
03-12-2020, 01:43 PM
No way in hell the regular season games get rescheduled.

If the games resume in 2 months, it will go straight to the playoffs. Look at the standings now. Those are your playoff teams.

This

Sarcastic
03-12-2020, 01:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEl9HGoOpn8

Hey Yo
03-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Woj just said live that games will be lost

Derka
03-12-2020, 02:47 PM
Yeah this definitely won't be an 82 game season for the NBA or the NHL. There could easily be a mini-camp once they get the all clear and they'll go right into the playoffs.

bigkingsfan
03-12-2020, 02:49 PM
It's not possible because someone will just get infected again. Only way is set up a Olympic style village and ban visits.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-12-2020, 04:04 PM

Why would rescheduling venues be that tough? There will be no more crowds if the season resumes

red1
03-12-2020, 04:06 PM
for the love of god just please give us the ****ing playoffs

Naero
03-12-2020, 04:06 PM
No way will it happen. It'd entail either tightening the remaining schedule or shortening the off-season substantially, which are both implausible in this load-management era.

Moreover, postponing the games would cause more overlap with other sports, such as baseball (assuming they'd even re-operationalize that by then). Scheduling logisticians date the games specifically so that all the premier ones—most of which are scheduled for the latter half of the NBA season—can garner the most viewership, which is much less achievable if they coincide with other high-viewership sports.

How all the sports commissioners will handle this quandary is anyone's guess, but it's plausible to believe the NBA will prioritize the playoffs (assuming this season is even salvageable) by that same frame of logic—even if they must overshorten the regular-season warm-ups.

All that's certain is that many fans will asterisk this season left and right regardless of the upshot, fair or not.

Marchesk
03-12-2020, 06:42 PM
The Pelicans are going to be screwed. They looked like they could close the gap on Memphis. Had two upcoming games against them as well.

Axe
03-12-2020, 07:27 PM
I don't like morant. He seems too cocky for a rookie. I also feel the same about zion but to a lesser extent. So I wish the spurs would still get the last laugh by clinching the last spot in the west. I don't want their hot consecutive streak of playing in the postseason be snapped yet.

FKAri
03-12-2020, 07:50 PM
They will definitely push to play out ALL the games even if it means cancelling next preseason as well as shortening next season. If this lasts less than 8 weeks that's what I see happening. Recovering revenue is a priority over keeping next season's schedule untouched.

Celtics 1825
03-12-2020, 08:35 PM
Do a quick tournament to determine the 8th seed and then move right into the playoffs

Smoke117
03-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Can't say I'm really going to miss the games lost. I was getting sick of the regular season the last couple of weeks as I always do around march.

Walk on Water
03-12-2020, 08:56 PM
The virus is supposed to reach its peak from June to September so I don’t see how they can play. It will only get worse. We are at 40 deaths in the US. When we have 400..

DoctorP
03-12-2020, 09:03 PM

yeah true. its a big "?"