PDA

View Full Version : I still think its's possible they play the playoffs

insidehoops
03-12-2020, 01:18 PM
Quarantine for a few weeks.

Every key player and staff member cleared. And in a constant state of near quarantine from the rest of the world. Which can absolutely happen if you have money, as teams do.

And then play playoffs, with no fans in the stands.

The playoffs were scheduled to begin April 18th. That's over a month away.

Just speculating here. But I know for a fact league people are pondering this right now.

Of course, I also know this is wishful thinking.

So, this is not a prediction.

Just saying, it's POSSIBLE.

Nowoco
03-12-2020, 01:29 PM
No fans = No point

PCCM_29
03-12-2020, 01:32 PM

Every key player and staff member cleared. And in a constant state of near quarantine from the rest of the world. Which can absolutely happen if you have money, as teams do.

Just speculating here. But I know for a fact league people are pondering this right now.

Our saving grace will be the natural ebb and flow of this virus' cycle, the god damn summer let's bring it

insidehoops
03-12-2020, 02:49 PM
No fans = No point

Fans all watching safely from home.

Music and other sound effects pumped into the arena

Walk on Water
03-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Jeff it’s not that simple. There’s many factors and expenses.

red1
03-12-2020, 04:06 PM
they better. I have full confidence that the playoffs wont be cancelled.

Gotterdammerung
03-12-2020, 04:19 PM
Right now I think the season will resume within a week of the playoffs.

Enough games to shake off some of the rust and add a couple of death match games for seeding and playoff bids to get in, and then start the playoffs.

Phoenix
03-12-2020, 04:24 PM
That would be the weirdest thing ever seeing a professional sports game without fans. The fans in the arena are what gives the team its home court advantage and energy. Take for example a Lakers/Clippers matchup. Even when the Clippers have the 'homecourt', there's likely to be majority Laker fans in the arena. Remove the fans, and it's basically a neutral ground.

Walk on Water
03-12-2020, 08:53 PM
Right now I think the season will resume within a week of the playoffs.

Enough games to shake off some of the rust and add a couple of death match games for seeding and playoff bids to get in, and then start the playoffs.

Nah. I think if they do play this year, it will be the playoffs with the next season only 2 weeks after.

fourkicks44
03-12-2020, 09:05 PM
Fans all watching safely from home.

Music and other sound effects pumped into the arena

If they miced up the court it could actually be more entertaining, at least add a never seen before novelty element.

Although it would have to have a slight broadcast delay due to the profanity.

It may not make wholesome family entertainment, but it would be awesome for real fans that aren't easily offended.

It is actually an exciting idea tbh.

Axe
03-12-2020, 09:06 PM
Nba will be at hiatus for at least 30 days, nba commissioner adam silver says... 😔

baudkarma
03-12-2020, 10:24 PM

I think it's pretty much a given that the playoffs will occur at some point. Teams have played well over 60 games already, we've had playoffs started with fewer regular season games. Sure, it'll be weird playing with the stands empty, but fans will adjust. Balance that against the ratings that live games will generate when they finally resume. It sounds like we're not going to have ANY live sports on TV for at least a month. That's going to create quite a demand when things finally resume.