PDA

View Full Version : suspend or postpone ???

Jasper
03-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Shaq interviewed Silver and Silver stated it was suspended... (which basically means stopped until further determination)

In his interview , Silver stated that the championship could be as late as end of July.

Golf - has suspended the Masters tourney to a later date....
In the article they quoted this :

It’s a significant but unsurprising decision given the week that has seen the NBA postpone the rest of its season, the NCAA tournament be canceled and the PGA Tour cancel all events until mid-April. The LPGA Tour also postponed its next three tournaments, including its first major, the ANA Inspiration. Virtually all major sporting events in America have now been halted.

Postponed could easily refer to 'end' of the season.

Not sure if journalism is all correct on wordage , but I will go with Silvers comments.

FKAri
03-13-2020, 10:47 AM
The reason is they're not sure if they'll be able to play out ALL the games or not. They might have to cancel some regular season games if it goes on too long. Depends how much time they have to wait.

Walk on Water
03-13-2020, 11:35 AM
I’m hoping the world is safe but they just move on to next season. No reason to help Lebron, that’s a last resort.

Walk on Water
03-13-2020, 11:36 AM
The reason is they're not sure if they'll be able to play out ALL the games or not. They might have to cancel some regular season games if it goes on too long. Depends how much time they have to wait.

You’re being a bit too optimistic. “Might” have to cancel some games?

Wally450
03-13-2020, 11:40 AM
I’m hoping the world is safe but they just move on to next season. No reason to help Lebron, that’s a last resort.

How the f*ck does this just help LeBron? This helps multiple players heal from and linerging injuries. Do you think before you post?

FKAri
03-13-2020, 12:05 PM
You’re being a bit too optimistic. “Might” have to cancel some games?

The NBA will compress this season and next as much as they can without having to cancel games. They're not leaving money on the table.

insidehoops
03-13-2020, 12:27 PM
Suspend/postpone is the same.

Cancellation is the problem.

For now, stuff is just supended/postponed.

My GUESS, as of TODAY at least, is that MAYBE they might still play some of the regular season, but maybe not, but I GENUINELY BELIEVE there's a good chance that we will get playoffs. Won't guess when. But right now the playoffs were scheduled to begin April 18. Over a month from now. So that gives them a lot of time to self-quarantine, sort some things out, and play a playoffs with no fans in attendance (which is friggin FINE, we'd still have bball, on TV, etc)

But this is all just speculation now, because nobody knows, not even the NBA themselves right now.

Walk on Water
03-13-2020, 05:27 PM
The NBA will compress this season and next as much as they can without having to cancel games. They're not leaving money on the table.

Right now money is not important.