View Full Version : 2000 WCF G7 - LAKERS v BLAZERS

DoctorP
03-14-2020, 12:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmU2zgVgQCY

#kobeforever

ShawkFactory
03-14-2020, 12:59 AM
kobe’s true coming out party.

Watched for the first time all the way through a couple years ago..game was such a tedious slog. Even though it was close.

Kinda reminded me of game 7 of the 05 finals but with 2 more exciting plays in the last couple minutes.

FromDowntown
03-14-2020, 01:00 AM
Kobe 2000 Finals stats please?

Smoke117
03-14-2020, 01:05 AM
kobe’s true coming out party.

Watched for the first time all the way through a couple years ago..game was such a tedious slog. Even though it was close.

Kinda reminded me of game 7 of the 05 finals but with 2 more exciting plays in the last couple minutes.

lol okay. The Blazers melting down in the 4th quarter of game 7 had nothing to do with kobrick. Scottie just couldn't hold these nutcases together through a 4th quarter that threw a way a championship..sigh.

ShawkFactory
03-14-2020, 01:13 AM
lol okay. The Blazers melting down in the 4th quarter of game 7 had nothing to do with kobrick. Scottie just couldn't hold these nutcases together through a 4th quarter that threw a way a championship..sigh.

What I said didn’t really have anything to do with Kobe either.

But while we’re on the subject...Kobe played well. He didn’t dominate like some would have you believe when talking about this game. But he made a couple shots when no one on the Blazers could. He was the best player on the court in the 4th.

Smoke117
03-14-2020, 01:34 AM
What I said didn’t really have anything to do with Kobe either.

But while we’re on the subject...Kobe played well. He didn’t dominate like some would have you believe when talking about this game. But he made a couple shots when no one on the Blazers could. He was the best player on the court in the 4th.

Okay. My point is that the Blazers through away that game 7. They basically had the most miserable 4th quarter you could have. Kobe or Shaq fans acting like their team was so good back then is laughable. The blazers, literally, played the most pathetic 4th quarter ever in a game 7 to give them the finals vs the Pacers...a team the blazers would of also murdered. A miracle 4th quarter and a screw job 2 years later in 2002 vs the kings...it's ****ing laughable that people consider this lakers team in that time one of the greatest teams ever. Their "great run in 2001? that laker and kobe stans suck themselves off about was during when the league was at it's the most piss weak in the last 30 years.

IllegalD
03-14-2020, 02:51 AM
Okay. My point is that the Blazers through away that game 7. They basically had the most miserable 4th quarter you could have. Kobe or Shaq fans acting like their team was so good back then is laughable. The blazers, literally, played the most pathetic 4th quarter ever in a game 7 to give them the finals vs the Pacers...a team the blazers would of also murdered. A miracle 4th quarter and a screw job 2 years later in 2002 vs the kings...it's ****ing laughable that people consider this lakers team in that time one of the greatest teams ever. Their "great run in 2001? that laker and kobe stans suck themselves off about was during when the league was at it's the most piss weak in the last 30 years.

Looks like grandpa is back on the sauce again, kids. :lol

Smoke117
03-14-2020, 03:38 AM
Looks like grandpa is back on the sauce again, kids. :lol

You pretty much said this because you are about 20 and were barely even alive during this time so have nothing to say constructively as you didn't even watch the series. Good for you, lad. Pat yourself on the back. Stupid fukk. Calling someone 35 "grandpa" is also hilarious, retard.

Reggie43
03-14-2020, 04:17 AM
Was hoping for a Blazers win because my team (Pacers) matched up better with the Blazers and swept the season series. Too bad that never happened and we had to face Shaq at his absolute peak :(

Smoke117
03-14-2020, 04:21 AM
Was hoping for a Blazers win because my team (Pacers) matched up better with the Blazers and swept the season series. Too bad that never happened and we had to face Shaq at his absolute peak :(

Pacers were never going to beat the Blazers in a 7 game series.

Reggie43
03-14-2020, 04:47 AM
Pacers were never going to beat the Blazers in a 7 game series.

Care to explain why? Winning the season series is better evidence that they could have or it is atleast a tossup seeing that they are evenly matched teams.

Smoke117
03-14-2020, 04:56 AM
Care to explain why? Winning the season series is better evidence that they could have or it is atleast a tossup seeing that they are evenly matched teams.

Not really. The first game the Pacers won by 2 and the 2nd they caught the blazers on a b2b in March when they started taking it easy. Blazers were just a better team. They should have beat the lakers if not for a monumental game 7 4th quarter choke and the pacers lost to them in 6 despite Kobe being injured for half the series.

fourkicks44
03-14-2020, 05:03 AM
Was rooting for Blazers, like 95% of the world at the time.

Pippen should have taken control.

3ball if you ever wanted ammunition, it's right here.

ArbitraryWater
03-14-2020, 05:17 AM

ok

Reggie43
03-14-2020, 05:17 AM
Not really. The first game the Pacers won by 2 and the 2nd they caught the blazers on a b2b in March when they started taking it easy. Blazers were just a better team. They should have beat the lakers if not for a monumental game 7 4th quarter choke and the pacers lost to them in 6 despite Kobe being injured for half the series.

Taking it easy when playoff positioning is still at stake? Blazers being a better matchup against the Lakers doesnt really mean much on how well they would play the Pacers.

IllegalD
03-14-2020, 05:20 AM
You pretty much said this because you are about 20 and were barely even alive during this time so have nothing to say constructively as you didn't even watch the series. Good for you, lad. Pat yourself on the back. Stupid fukk. Calling someone 35 "grandpa" is also hilarious, retard.

I'm the same age are you, retard.

Kobe was LEGENDARY that series, you alcoholic fool:

- 21 years old, lead the Lakers to the biggest Game 7 deficit comeback in NBA history

- Averaged 20 PPG, 6 TRB, 5 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK with All-1st Team Defense for the series (33 PTS, 6 TRB, 4 STL, 3 BLK in Game 6, 25 PTS, 11 TRB, 7 AST, 4 BLK in Game 7)
https://youtu.be/QPwpitlItHk

- Bailed Shaq out in the crucial Game 7. Lead Lakers in Points, Assists, Rebounds, Blocks. Lead BOTH teams in Rebounds, Assists and Blocks.
https://youtu.be/7I5e1fh2TXs

- Authored ICONIC alleyoop to Shaq (Kobe was responsible for the final 6 points to seal the Lakers comeback run)
https://youtu.be/KgGaBQEN1X0

- Memorable Game-Saving defense on Damon Stoudamire and block on Sabonis in Game 3
https://youtu.be/I-xmHcgoTdw

Imagine authoring TWO of the greatest NBA Playoff moments at the age of 21 in your first championship run.
Because that's what Kobe did during the 2000 title-run with the Game 7 Alley to Shaq vs Blazers and the Game 4 Takeover vs Pacers in the Finals.

LEGENDARY!!!!! :applause::rockon::kobe:

ArbitraryWater
03-14-2020, 05:59 AM

- 21 years old, lead the Lakers to the biggest Game 7 deficit comeback in NBA history

- Averaged 20 PPG, 6 TRB, 5 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK with All-1st Team Defense for the series (33 PTS, 6 TRB, 4 STL, 3 BLK in Game 6, 25 PTS, 11 TRB, 7 AST, 4 BLK in Game 7)

- Bailed Shaq out in the crucial Game 7. Lead Lakers in Points, Assists, Rebounds, Blocks. Lead BOTH teams in Rebounds, Assists and Blocks.

- Authored ICONIC alleyoop to Shaq (Kobe was responsible for the final 6 points to seal the Lakers comeback run)

- Memorable Game-Saving defense on Damon Stoudamire and block on Sabonis in Game 3

Imagine authoring TWO of the greatest NBA Playoff moments at the age of 21 in your first championship run.
Because that's what Kobe did during the 2000 title-run with the Game 7 Alley to Shaq vs Blazers and the Game 4 Takeover vs Pacers in the Finals.

20 points a game just screams legendary status

Smoke117
03-14-2020, 06:31 AM
ok

Yes, you would post a stupid response on a typo wouldn’t you, Autisticwaters?

Phoenix
03-14-2020, 07:58 AM

We've seen a number of teams win a season series and end up losing the playoff series to the same time. I wouldn't necessarily bet on the Pacers over the Blazers just because of regular season results.

ImKobe
03-14-2020, 09:53 AM

You're ****ing stupid. Kobe burned Scottie 3 straight times in crunch time. First he drew the foul after getting by Pippen with Sheed hacking him on the layup to put them up 2, then he dances on Pippen on the next possession to put them up 4. Pippen after that chucks up a contested 3 when they're only down 4 with about a minute to go in the game. Kobe then crosses Pippen which leads to that iconic lob to Shaq. Blazers were not going to win with Scottie getting murdered on every possession in the last 2 minutes. Pippen was all-time bad in crunch time while Kobe was all-time great. Pippen had 0 points and 0 assists in that 4th quarter, he only had 3 points and 1 assist while almost playing the entire 2nd half.

IllegalD
03-14-2020, 10:38 AM
20 points a game just screams legendary status

29 PPG, 9 TRB, 7 AST, 4 BLK on 49% FG with elite 1st team defense in the last 2 games, numbnuts. :no:

JBSptfn
03-14-2020, 10:03 PM

Agreed. Don't listen to the Fluker stans. The 00-02 Laker titles should have asterisks next to them (just like all of Chicago's championships in the 90's. Stern fixed the league for MJ). The Blazers, Kings, and the refs gave them the 2000 and 02 championships, and they didn't beat anyone in that "legendary" 2001 run.

D.J.
03-14-2020, 10:43 PM
Portland/Indy would’ve been a ratings nightmare. NBA was already reeling from MJ retiring.

ShawkFactory
03-15-2020, 12:23 AM

Dude shut up. I know it means a lot to you because he was your idol and you had a gallery of Kobe poster on your wall or whatever.

He was very good. There is no one who’s ever watched basketball for an extended period of time who who agree that this was a legendary performance..other than soft-hearted Kobe fans.

And there’s nothing wrong with it.

But there have been so many guys throughout the games history that have done similar things.

The entire Blazers squad was built to contain Shaq and Kobe played well and made a few big plays. He didn’t “carry” shit. Playing really well for one 4th quarter in a huge game doesn’t mean you’re the best. It was certainly a sign for things to come..but quit with this bullshit that he carried shaq. Shaq did so much of the legwork that year.

It’s like saying Kyrie carried Lebron

Axe
03-15-2020, 06:46 AM
During this series, scottie pippen teased coach legend phil jackson that he thought his triangle offense looked more like a square compared to their days in chicago. 🤓

Hey Yo
03-15-2020, 10:40 AM
29 PPG, 9 TRB, 7 AST, 4 BLK on 49% FG with elite 1st team defense in the last 2 games, numbnuts. :no:
As the 2nd option, while never seeing a double team.

:sleeping

IllegalD
03-15-2020, 10:09 PM
Dude shut up. I know it means a lot to you because he was your idol and you had a gallery of Kobe poster on your wall or whatever.

He was very good. There is no one who’s ever watched basketball for an extended period of time who who agree that this was a legendary performance..other than soft-hearted Kobe fans.

And there’s nothing wrong with it.

But there have been so many guys throughout the games history that have done similar things.

The entire Blazers squad was built to contain Shaq and Kobe played well and made a few big plays. He didn’t “carry” shit. Playing really well for one 4th quarter in a huge game doesn’t mean you’re the best. It was certainly a sign for things to come..but quit with this bullshit that he carried shaq. Shaq did so much of the legwork that year.

It’s like saying Kyrie carried Lebron

No one said he carried, Shaq. You retarded f*cknut. But he DID bail him out in that Game 7 from having a huge stain on his legacy and his MVP season and having to answer all sorts of uncomfortable offseason questions about wether he's a "winner/true leader" or not.

What an autistic retard you sound like. Imagine hating a player so much that you get triggered at any sort of praise for his huge play and part of a championship run. :lol

If the Corona doesn't get you Darwinism surely will.

IllegalD
03-15-2020, 10:13 PM
As the 2nd option, while never seeing a double team.

:sleeping

Hey look, another Bronsexual queer.

Boy, you guys sure must be reeling about the season being shut down and the best chance of Bron ever winning another ring being flushed down the drain.

Wouldn't be surprised if you punched your pregnant wife or kicked your dog in anger already. Pathetic bunch!

DoctorP
03-15-2020, 10:15 PM
Hey look, another Bronsexual queer.

Boy, you guys sure must be reeling about the season being shut down and the best chance of Bron ever winning another ring being flushed down the drain.

Wouldn't be surprised if you punched your pregnant wife or kicked your dog in anger already. Pathetic bunch!

https://media.tenor.com/images/862e32f7203547e0a84844de3dfafb73/tenor.gif

Smoke117
03-15-2020, 10:34 PM
You're ****ing stupid. Kobe burned Scottie 3 straight times in crunch time. First he drew the foul after getting by Pippen with Sheed hacking him on the layup to put them up 2, then he dances on Pippen on the next possession to put them up 4. Pippen after that chucks up a contested 3 when they're only down 4 with about a minute to go in the game. Kobe then crosses Pippen which leads to that iconic lob to Shaq. Blazers were not going to win with Scottie getting murdered on every possession in the last 2 minutes. Pippen was all-time bad in crunch time while Kobe was all-time great. Pippen had 0 points and 0 assists in that 4th quarter, he only had 3 points and 1 assist while almost playing the entire 2nd half.

He got the better of a 34 year old with a bad back...super impressive stuff, bro. :lol Bran >>>>> kobrick

ShawkFactory
03-15-2020, 10:55 PM
No one said he carried, Shaq. You retarded f*cknut. But he DID bail him out in that Game 7 from having a huge stain on his legacy and his MVP season and having to answer all sorts of uncomfortable offseason questions about wether he's a "winner/true leader" or not.

What an autistic retard you sound like. Imagine hating a player so much that you get triggered at any sort of praise for his huge play and part of a championship run. :lol

If the Corona doesn't get you Darwinism surely will.

Dude I was DEFENDING Kobe in the first page of this thread. Like...literally 9 posts before my last one.

Jesus Christ when someone stops Kobe’s dick for half a second you fly off the handle. “Goddamn bran stans! Argggggggghhhhhh!”

Then you call someone else triggered :lol