PDA

View Full Version : Suns owner pledges only 2hours of pay for Arena staff

highwhey
03-15-2020, 12:20 AM
https://i.redd.it/x74qafsxxom41.jpg

poverty ass owner

cheap ass mf'er

TWO hours

according to a Suns arena worker, they average between 6-12 hrs per suns game depending on pre-game events.

LAmbruh
03-15-2020, 12:30 AM
jackass owner probably thinks one of his players will step up and cover it

pathetic

RoseCity07
03-15-2020, 12:30 AM
It's better than nothing but still comes off as being cheap.

scuzzy
03-15-2020, 12:33 AM
one free hot dog per shift ass nikka :lol

highwhey
03-15-2020, 12:40 AM
jackass owner probably thinks one of his players will step up and cover it

pathetic

i should have said this is a leaked letter. this letter went out to employees only. someone leaked it out of frustration.

i feel like it's a PR move.

kind of disapointed Booker hasn't stepped up. $150 mil contract...c'mon man. these guys earn like $12/hr...

Phoenix
03-15-2020, 08:59 AM
i should have said this is a leaked letter. this letter went out to employees only. someone leaked it out of frustration.

kind of disapointed Booker hasn't stepped up. $150 mil contract...c'mon man. these guys earn like $12/hr...

Booker is an employee of the Suns as well. Yes these guys are getting paid millions, and it's nice that a few like Zion and Kevin Love have stepped up, but that shit needs to start from the top. You're in essence looking to the more well off employees to assist the less well off ones, while the billionaire employer can sit on his pot of gold chilling.

scuzzy
03-15-2020, 09:12 AM
Booker is an employee of the Suns as well. Yes these guys are getting paid millions, and it's nice that a few like Zion and Kevin Love have stepped up, but that shit needs to start from the top. You're in essence looking to the more well off employees to assist the less well off ones, while the billionaire employer can sit on his pot of gold chilling.

Employees cutting checks because boss doesn't want to continue payroll. Sad

Unemployment insurance usually takes a month to process too so that's pointless.

Real Men Wear Green
03-15-2020, 09:27 AM
Am I the only one thinking this will be one more reason why Booker leaves?

He has means and can share but might not be as rich as you think. He has a contract but much of it hasn't been paid yet.

Phoenix
03-15-2020, 09:31 AM
Employees cutting checks because boss doesn't want to continue payroll. Sad

Exactly. It's in the most dire circumstances that people show their ass for what it really is.

scuzzy
03-15-2020, 09:51 AM
He has means and can share but might not be as rich as you think. He has a contract but much of it hasn't been paid yet.
Yeah, not quite sure on the contract stipulations and endorsements. But pro's aren't getting one big lump sum

Here's a paystub from MLB's Andrew McCutchen, just a normal bi-weekly check with taxes like everyone else

https://i.postimg.cc/SN6X4SQt/i5-Hle-Re-Uvvh-ITHfxwsn-JTh-OS9-ULJWJA6-Ha-SJoh5-Wmb-Y.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://deadspin.com/lets-take-a-look-at-andrew-mccutchens-pay-stub-1706188663

highwhey
03-15-2020, 12:43 PM

Zion donated 100k and he has much less money than Booker, who has been in the league for years. Wish he would step up. Whats 100k to a millionaire thats owed 150Ms?

ImKobe
03-15-2020, 01:20 PM

What the **** is wrong with your people. They are not Booker's employees, he shouldn't have to spend a dime. The virus likely costs him millions as well if games end up being cancelled.

Real Men Wear Green
03-15-2020, 01:24 PM
Zion donated 100k and he has much less money than Booker, who has been in the league for years. Wish he would step up. Whats 100k to a millionaire thats owed 150Ms?

He probably has more than Williamson right now but Williamson will get a lot more in endorsements if he hasn't already and we don't know what either guy is spending. Honestly the difference in their responses could come down to Williamson's PR team giving him better advice. Plus we don't know what Booker does in terms of total charity. Almost all of them support something.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-15-2020, 01:27 PM
What a tightwad :oldlol:

Don't expect players to do what Zion did though. That was a great gesture. And only that. At the end of the day this falls entirely on the owner.

highwhey
03-15-2020, 01:49 PM
What a tightwad :oldlol:

Don't expect players to do what Zion did though. That was a great gesture. And only that. At the end of the day this falls entirely on the owner.

I agree, this falls on the owner 100%. Just wish the players would help out.

Either way, organization is eternally fvcked until Robert Sarver decides to sell. I am convinced he can't do anything right.

wagexslave
03-15-2020, 09:00 PM
He probably has more than Williamson right now but Williamson will get a lot more in endorsements if he hasn't already and we don't know what either guy is spending. Honestly the difference in their responses could come down to Williamson's PR team giving him better advice. Plus we don't know what Booker does in terms of total charity. Almost all of them support something.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2815439-devin-booker-to-donate-25m-to-suns-charities-my-favorite-accomplishment