PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady leaves New England Patriots

scuzzy
03-17-2020, 09:49 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/qMv8qDv0/fgjfjfjyfj.png (https://postimages.org/)

Derka
03-17-2020, 10:01 AM
Its been a hell of a ride for us Pats fans. Dude's the GOAT and I'll brook no argument otherwise.

That said, this is the first time in over a decade that I'm genuinely interested in the Patriots' upcoming season. Kids around here have grown into adulthood not knowing any other QB.

Jasper
03-17-2020, 10:03 AM
headed to the Bears !!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Connor
03-17-2020, 10:07 AM
Ego is a hell of a drug. There’s nothing left for this guy to prove whatsoever to anyone and if there is he should have done it 10 years ago with a different organization rather than now. Why not just go out with the one team and hang it up? Some people have a hard time letting go I suppose. He is the mentally toughest quarterback to ever pick up a football which resulted in him becoming the GOAT QB if not GOAT football player.

Wally450
03-17-2020, 10:24 AM
TB makes the most sense from a football stand point. LA from a business standpoint.

SouBeachTalents
03-17-2020, 10:29 AM
This is definitely the weirdest split I've ever seen in sports. I don't know all the details regarding his contract situation or demands, but after 20 years, and soon to be 43, why would you not just stay with the team you've had this unprecedented run of success with?

Since he's leaving, might as well go balls out and join the Raiders for their inaugural season in Vegas

TheMan
03-17-2020, 02:07 PM
headed to the Bears !!!!!!!!!!!!!
No

He's a system QB and he's about to get exposed. Plus he's already washed up anyways. He's gonna be terrible for the team he signs with, hoping not the Bears.

JohnnySic
03-17-2020, 02:20 PM
The GOAT. :applause:

That said, he isn't "Tom Brady" anymore. Still better than most other quarterbacks, but not the same. Its time for the team to move on. It'll be interesting.

MaxFly
03-17-2020, 02:59 PM
This is definitely the weirdest split I've ever seen in sports. I don't know all the details regarding his contract situation or demands, but after 20 years, and soon to be 43, why would you not just stay with the team you've had this unprecedented run of success with?

Since he's leaving, might as well go balls out and join the Raiders for their inaugural season in Vegas

It makes absolutely no sense.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zGGRDTaygS0/TokLHCcCGgI/AAAAAAAAAFc/2kdvmRnm7MY/s1600/heavy+sigh.jpg

John Connor
03-17-2020, 02:59 PM
No

He's a system QB and he's about to get exposed. Plus he's already washed up anyways. He's gonna be terrible for the team he signs with, hoping not the Bears.

He's 42, going on 43 in about 5 months. He's not about to get "exposed" of anything. There's no way that anything he does now is going to prove or disprove your idea.

As I said, if he felt he had something to prove, he should have left New England 10 years ago... leaving now isn't going to prove or disprove anything. He's almost 43. As far as what he can currently do, he has nothing to prove to anyone. The guy went to 9 SuperBowls and won 6 of them with literally countless clutch plays and game winning drives both in the regular season and playoffs.

I mean, I suppose he could have some randomly miraculous season elsewhere and go win a SuperBowl again as the clear cut most important player to a team, but given his aforementioned age, I'd be beyond shocked if that happened. He's washed compared to what he was.

SouBeachTalents
03-17-2020, 03:20 PM
He's 42, going on 43 in about 5 months. He's not about to get "exposed" of anything. There's no way that anything he does now is going to prove or disprove your idea.

As I said, if he felt he had something to prove, he should have left New England 10 years ago... leaving now isn't going to prove or disprove anything. He's almost 43. As far as what he can currently do, he has nothing to prove to anyone. The guy went to 9 SuperBowls and won 6 of them with literally countless clutch plays and game winning drives both in the regular season and playoffs.

I mean, I suppose he could have some randomly miraculous season elsewhere and go win a SuperBowl again as the clear cut most important player to a team, but given his aforementioned age, I'd be beyond shocked if that happened. He's washed compared to what he was.
Nah bro, he's finally gonna get exposed in his 21st season

bladefd
03-17-2020, 04:14 PM
I still don't believe he is leaving the Patriots even after that post and everything that has happened.. He is trying to push his leverage to the max to get the Patriots to pay him and keep him.. This is his final play and ultimate bluff. Look at the McDaniels situation.. He signed a freaking contract with the Colts before Patriots decided to hold onto him after everything that happened.

Derka
03-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Bill, Kraft and McDaniels all released public statements thanking him for his time in NE and basically sucking his entire dick and both balls. Brady is gone.

red1
03-17-2020, 08:15 PM
**** new england sports teams. they win too much - patriots, celtics, bruins, red sox

too bad he didnt leave earlier in his prime. this doesnt even count.

bladefd
03-17-2020, 08:46 PM
Bill, Kraft and McDaniels all released public statements thanking him for his time in NE and basically sucking his entire dick and both balls. Brady is gone.

Ah then I guess he is gone. Didn't know they made public statements..

Now we see Brady without the greatest coach in history and a great system. He is going to get wrecked next season :oldlol:

CelticBaller
03-17-2020, 08:52 PM
oh great we suck again

Kblaze8855
03-17-2020, 09:03 PM
Again?

The pats haven’t been below .500 in consecutive seasons in 27 years and they were 6 years removed from being in the super bowl then.

They have been run pretty well for about 40 years.

dreamshake
03-17-2020, 09:06 PM
Who cares? Only cheaters support Brady, Belicheck and the New England Patriots. As far as I'm concerned, they're worse than the Houston Astros in the cheating department. Asterisks on every title.

iamgine
03-17-2020, 10:31 PM
Is this like Jordan going to the Wizards?

DoctorP
03-17-2020, 11:14 PM
Brady kinda settling into retirement by going to a warmer climate?
Dunno.

Wally450
03-18-2020, 10:56 AM
Cam Newton to the Pats. Make it happen.

SouBeachTalents
03-18-2020, 11:07 AM
Cam Newton to the Pats. Make it happen.
You think he'd be a good fit with the Pats? Imo, he's too much of a drama queen. The only time the Pats were able to make it work with a volatile player was Moss, who even after a 16-0 season and the TD record burned bridges there within a couple of seasons