PDA

View Full Version : LeBron v Duncan

Pages : [1] 2

DoctorP
03-19-2020, 08:53 PM
This is the final showdown!!!

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1358c8809dcdfe333aff989843daed38784db30f/c=764-90-3124-3236/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/06/02//1401752261000-USATSI-7296377.jpg

Axe
03-19-2020, 08:59 PM
5>3? 🤔

FireDavidKahn
03-19-2020, 09:59 PM
5>3? ��

Tony Park + Manu Ginobli + Bowen + Horry > Gibson + Pavlovic + Gooden?

Axe
03-19-2020, 10:02 PM
Tony Park + Manu Ginobli + Bowen + Horry > Gibson + Pavlovic + Gooden?
https://media.tenor.com/images/82ac06f5eb083856828f6d4408e8472f/tenor.gif

Lebron23
03-19-2020, 10:18 PM
Lebron is just a better basketball player than Tim Duncan.

superduper
03-19-2020, 10:36 PM
Old man Duncan and this version of Kawhi is just a scrawny little dweeb :oldlol:

Over rated chip.

warriorfan
03-19-2020, 10:42 PM
Duncan has more championships, beat LeBron twice in the Finals, didn’t have multiple team hops and collusions, Was coachable, played defense throughout his entire career.

Duncan easily.

SouBeachTalents
03-19-2020, 10:45 PM
The one that beat a 73 win team

Axe
03-19-2020, 10:46 PM
On top of that, duncan was drafted by the spurs originally and stayed there for the rest of his career, garnering all of his 5 titles there. The big fundamental is now an assistant coach of his lifetime team in the league.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
03-19-2020, 10:51 PM
:hammertime::party::djparty

!@#$%Vectors!@#
03-19-2020, 10:52 PM
:banana:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-19-2020, 10:53 PM
On top of that, duncan was drafted by the spurs originally and stayed there for the rest of his career, garnering all of his 5 titles there. The big fundamental is now an assistant coach of his lifetime team in the league.

Duncan wasn't the best player for all 5 titles. So the "original team" and "staying" stuff doesn't mean a lot.

Besides, what's your second sentence have to do with the comparison?

Lebron23
03-19-2020, 10:56 PM
Duncan wasn't the best player for all 5 titles. So the "original team" and "staying" stuff doesn't mean a lot.

Axe is a useless troll.

Axe
03-19-2020, 10:58 PM

Besides, what's your second sentence have to with with the comparison?
I DID imply earlier that he was the best player in those 5 titles? Really? Where? I don't see it.

Oh and there is something wrong now that i indicated he's currently the assistant coach of his lifetime team? 🤔

Meticode
03-19-2020, 10:58 PM
I'd personally would put Duncan ahead of LeBron...if LeBron didnt' win that 3rd ring in Cleveland. Even with Duncan's 5 rings, I'd still put LeBron ahead of him. 35,000/10,000/10,000 incoming soon. 4 MVPs, scoring title, this season he'll end up being the assist leader for the season.

Duncan is the best power forward ever though.

Axe
03-19-2020, 10:59 PM
Axe is a useless troll.
Scintillating hypocrisy right there. 😒

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-19-2020, 11:01 PM
I DID imply earlier that he was the best player in those 5 titles? Really? Where? I don't see it.

You don't have to imply it. I'm saying it. Duncan staying with SA and having 5 rings doesn't make him greater. Just like Kobe winning 5 and staying with LA didn't make him greater.

Oh and there is something wrong now that i indicated he's currently the assistant coach of his lifetime team? ��

I'm asking what your point was. Why is Duncan being an assistant coach relevant to the comparison?

Axe
03-19-2020, 11:07 PM
You don't have to imply it. I'm saying it. Duncan staying with SA and having 5 rings doesn't make him greater. Just like Kobe winning 5 and staying with LA didn't make him greater.
Except i never implied anything that they're greater or special just because of that fact. Still, i think it was interesting to point out though.

I'm asking what your point was. Why is Duncan being an assistant coach relevant to the comparison?
Hmm... to prove his undying loyalty to the team that originally drafted him in the league? 🤔

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-19-2020, 11:10 PM
Except i never implied anything that they're greater or special just because of that fact. Still, i think it was interesting to point out though.

Its interesting to point out something that doesn't mean anything?

Hmm... to prove his undying loyalty to the team that originally drafted him in the league? ��

Which means nothing if you aren't implying whose greater.

FireDavidKahn
03-19-2020, 11:11 PM
Duncan has more championships, beat LeBron twice in the Finals, didn’t have multiple team hops and collusions, Was coachable, played defense throughout his entire career.

Duncan easily.

Tony Park + Manu Ginobli + Bowen + Horry > Gibson + Pavlovic + Gooden

First attempt against the Spurs.

Second attempt:

28.2 ppg on 57.1%/51.9%/79.3%
7.8 rpg
4 apg
2 spg

"LeBron lost that series":facepalm

Axe
03-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Its interesting to point out something that doesn't mean anything?

Which means nothing if you aren't implying whose greater.
Alright. To answer your question, he also made the spurs potential title contenders when that team drafted him in 1997. Happy now?

MrFonzworth
03-19-2020, 11:23 PM
I voted LeBron James.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-20-2020, 12:10 AM
Alright. To answer your question, he also made the spurs potential title contenders when that team drafted him in 1997. Happy now?

lol

Most players in the Top 10 did. Anyways, who do you got? Bron or Timmy?

Dbrog
03-20-2020, 11:07 AM
Pathetic topic. Duncan slaughtered Bron's most stacked once and was a bounce away + lucky ray allen shot from beating them a second time. Disrespectful to Timmy...literally no argument for Bron except checkmystat$

DoctorP
03-20-2020, 11:13 AM
Pathetic topic. Duncan slaughtered Bron's most stacked once and was a bounce away + lucky ray allen shot from beating them a second time. Disrespectful to Timmy...literally no argument for Bron except checkmystat$

https://media2.giphy.com/media/j2vTF1NfbZRvBKjmvR/giphy.gif

deathawaitu
03-20-2020, 11:22 AM
Duncan quite easily and comfortably.

Old spurs pretty much destroyed Lebron's prime heats

I'll give Lebron a pass in 2007 even though he choked hard. His teammates gave him enough help in each game, unfortunately Lebron was bricking his shots left and right

aj1987
03-20-2020, 11:43 AM
LeBron is a much better basketball player than Duncan. It's not particularly close.

I'll give Lebron a pass in 2007 even though he choked hard. His teammates gave him enough help in each game, unfortunately Lebron was bricking his shots left and right

Are you autistic? The '14 Heat were the oldest team in the league.

Also, LeBron averaged 10 PPG on 45% in the 4th Q's of those Finals in '07.

ClipperRevival
03-20-2020, 11:47 AM
LeBron is a much better basketball player than Duncan. It's not particularly close.

LOL

aj1987
03-20-2020, 11:48 AM
LOL

Great argument. Not surprising, coming from a retard like yourself.

ClipperRevival
03-20-2020, 11:51 AM
Great argument. Not surprising, coming from a retard like yourself.

LOL

FireDavidKahn
03-20-2020, 11:59 AM

Second attempt:

7.8 rpg
4 apg
2 spg

"LeBron lost that series"

LeBron is so good that he drags teams that have Gibson/Pavlovic/Gooden as its next best 3 players and loses to a team that consisted of prime Duncan/Parker/Ginobli and gets ripped for it.

LeBron then averages 28.2 ppg on 57.1%/51.9%/79.3%, 7.8 rpg, 4 apg and 2 spg yet somehow he lost that series

:rolleyes:

SouBeachTalents
03-20-2020, 11:59 AM
:oldlol:

But for real, it's pointless making LeBron related polls on here. the vast majority of posters are set in their beliefs and will vote the same way regardless of the question

deathawaitu
03-20-2020, 12:39 PM

Are you autistic? The '14 Heat were the oldest team in the league.

Also, LeBron averaged 10 PPG on 45% in the 4th Q's of those Finals in '07.

Low IQ post from a low IQ poster. Nuff said

What was the average age between the Spur big 3 and heat's big 3

Ya sit down and go back flipping burgers

deathawaitu
03-20-2020, 12:42 PM

Second attempt:

7.8 rpg
4 apg
2 spg

"LeBron lost that series"

LeBron is so good that he drags teams that have Gibson/Pavlovic/Gooden as its next best 3 players and loses to a team that consisted of prime Duncan/Parker/Ginobli and gets ripped for it.

LeBron then averages 28.2 ppg on 57.1%/51.9%/79.3%, 7.8 rpg, 4 apg and 2 spg yet somehow he lost that series

:rolleyes:

empty stats :oldlol:

Didn't the heat make history at that time? Losing by the biggest margin?

Lebron would pad his stats against the spurs backup once the game was already decided

Nice attempt though trying to boost your hero :oldlol: Might want to watch the games next time like the rest of us and not boxscore

Dbrog
03-20-2020, 01:56 PM
:oldlol:

But for real, it's pointless making LeBron related polls on here. the vast majority of posters are set in their beliefs and will vote the same way regardless of the question

It's truly always strange for me to see even after all these years on this site.

2003 Champ Spurs - Rounding up (also the Year they ended Kobe and Shaq 3-peat if people didn't know)
Duncan - 25/15/5/3, 53%
Tony - 15/3/4, 40%
Stephen Jackson - 13/4/3, 41%
Manu - 9/4/3, 39%
Zombie Robinson - 8/7, 54%
Malik Rose - 9/6, 42%

This alone should kill any debate between Duncan and Bron. Duncan had a very "Cavalier" cast here and it still didn't stop him.

And just in case people want to bring up how he "lost" the FMVP to Parker in 07...

Here are his and Parker's stats:

20/11/4/2/.579 TS% in the Regular Season for Tim
19/3/5/1/.572 TS% in the Regular Season for Parker

26.1 - 21.4 PER
13.0 - 9.6 WS
.230 - .185 WS/48
7.1 - 2.1 BPM

Duncan was clearly the best Spur in the Regular Season.

What about the Playoffs?

22/12/3/3/.556 TS% for Tim
21/3/5/1/.523 TS% for Parker

27.4 - 18.7 PER
3.3 - 1.7 WS
.214 - .100 WS/48
7.2 - 0.5 BPM

Tim was far and away the best Spur in the Playoffs.

SouBeachTalents
03-20-2020, 02:09 PM
It's truly always strange for me to see even after all these years on this site.

2003 Champ Spurs - Rounding up (also the Year they ended Kobe and Shaq 3-peat if people didn't know)
Duncan - 25/15/5/3, 53%
Tony - 15/3/4, 40%
Stephen Jackson - 13/4/3, 41%
Manu - 9/4/3, 39%
Zombie Robinson - 8/7, 54%
Malik Rose - 9/6, 42%

This alone should kill any debate between Duncan and Bron. Duncan had a very "Cavalier" cast here and it still didn't stop him.

And just in case people want to bring up how he "lost" the FMVP to Parker in 07...

Here are his and Parker's stats:

20/11/4/2/.579 TS% in the Regular Season for Tim
19/3/5/1/.572 TS% in the Regular Season for Parker

26.1 - 21.4 PER
13.0 - 9.6 WS
.230 - .185 WS/48
7.1 - 2.1 BPM

Duncan was clearly the best Spur in the Regular Season.

What about the Playoffs?

22/12/3/3/.556 TS% for Tim
21/3/5/1/.523 TS% for Parker

27.4 - 18.7 PER
3.3 - 1.7 WS
.214 - .100 WS/48
7.2 - 0.5 BPM

Tim was far and away the best Spur in the Playoffs.
Bro, it's fine if you want to argue Duncan > LeBron. I wouldn't agree but it's not an unreasonable opinion. But LeBron having "literally no argument" like he's Cedric Ceballos is where you are simply being implausible and hyperbolic. It's the kind of extremist argument you'd see in politics.

LeBron's a 4x MVP/3x FMVP/15x All-NBA & soon to be at the top of every conceivable leaderboard, he's going to have arguments over virtually every player imaginable. You don't have to like it, but that's the way it's gonna be

red1
03-20-2020, 02:09 PM
man if lebron had actual coaching aka gregg popovich instead of mike brown :roll:

or if he was drafted into any organization other than the cleveland cavs :roll:

red1
03-20-2020, 02:10 PM
larry hughes major free agent acquisition :roll:

Dbrog
03-20-2020, 02:19 PM
Bro, it's fine if you want to argue Duncan > LeBron. I wouldn't agree but it's not an unreasonable opinion. But LeBron having "literally no argument" like he's Cedric Ceballos is where you are simply being implausible and hyperbolic. It's the kind of extremist argument you'd see in politics.

LeBron's a 4x MVP/3x FMVP/15x All-NBA & soon to be at the top of every conceivable leaderboard, he's going to have arguments over virtually every player imaginable. You don't have to like it, but that's the way it's gonna be

Yup. I know people will try to prop Bron up based on his stats. I'm sure the same would be done (it has on this board) if Wilt would have played in the more recent times. I can't really blame people who have only seen Brons career for doing this. For those of us that have seen all of both careers, it truly isn't close. Kobe and Duncan are close. Shaq and Duncan are close. Bron will just always be seen as someone who needed to team up and still disappointed expectations. I don't even blame Bron for this either. Unfortunately he came in at a time where the Celtics formed that superteam and rekt him every year...I'd team up too if that happened to me. Ironically, I'll always see Bron with parallels to KG (obviously Bron has better career). Both incredible well-rounded players who were perennial MVP candidates and could will teams to the playoffs with their leadership and talent. However, neither of them could win on the biggest stage because they had a bunch of trouble closing games, hence Kyrie or Ray Allen or Paul Pierce.

Lebron23
03-20-2020, 02:34 PM
Lebron is a superior basketball player than Team Duncan. And he'll have more finals mvp by the end of this season.

aj1987
03-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Low IQ post from a low IQ poster. Nuff said

What was the average age between the Spur big 3 and heat's big 3

Ya sit down and go back flipping burgers
How many accounts to do you need to spread your autism, you ****ing retard?

Since you want context now, how about the fact that Wade was injured that season? How about the fact that '14 was arguably the worst season of his career?

How about the FACT that the Heat shot 44% outside LeBron and Bosh averaged 5 rebounds a game?

empty stats :oldlol:

Didn't the heat make history at that time? Losing by the biggest margin?

Lebron would pad his stats against the spurs backup once the game was already decided

Nice attempt though trying to boost your hero :oldlol: Might want to watch the games next time like the rest of us and not boxscore
LeBron averaged like 3 points a game in the 4th Q's that Finals and on mediocre efficiency. LeBron was reason each game wasn't a 30 point blowout.

You might want to watch the games before spouting autistic drivel, retard. :cheers:

However, neither of them could win on the biggest stage because they had a bunch of trouble closing games, hence Kyrie or Ray Allen or Paul Pierce.

Yeah, lets act like LeBron is not the GOAT game 7 performer and elimination performer in NBA history. Lets also pretend that LeBron doesn't have the most number of playoff game winners in NBA history.

Also did you compare LeBron to KG? A 4x MVP and 3x FMVP (only two players in the history of the sport have those accolades).

I swear, the posters on this board are getting dumber by the day.

tpols
03-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Old man Duncan shit on him time and time again....

not even the prime or peak version.

He's the ultimate H2H trump card vs LeBron's rim running. Defensive intuition too strong.

Like scissors versus paper.

dreamshake
03-20-2020, 04:01 PM

Duncan easily.

Pretty much undeniable facts here.

red1
03-20-2020, 04:08 PM
LBJ all day here. I've never seen a single player elevate so many different franchises.

single-handedly rescued the lakers from the dumpster - maybe not singlehandedly because he did recruit AD there.

he got bossman pat riley and the great heat franchise two more rings - you're welcome patrick.

and of course lebron singlehandedly saved cleveland from that disgusting 50+ year curse.

lebron kyrie and kevin love together erased 50 years of pain - all because of lebron's leadership.

this isnt a knock on timmy who is a certified GOAT - he just isnt the GOAT of the modern era, which lebron is.

ShawkFactory
03-20-2020, 04:36 PM

He's the ultimate H2H trump card vs LeBron's rim running. Defensive intuition too strong.

Like rock versus scissors is a way better analogy in the scenario you’ve created

red1
03-20-2020, 04:39 PM

duncan and lebron arent even rivals. their teams just played a couple of times. lebron overall was superior in those series as the finals MVP count shows (1 finals MVP for lebron, zero for duncan - lebron was better in 2013 and 2014)

tpols
03-20-2020, 04:45 PM
duncan and lebron arent even rivals. their teams just played a couple of times. lebron overall was superior in those series as the finals MVP count shows (1 finals MVP for lebron, zero for duncan - lebron was better in 2013 and 2014)

Duncans team won in a sweep, and 4-1 biggest Finals ass who0ping of all time. (differential wise)

Lebron's team won by a hair once. 1 single shot away from 3-0.

This was old Duncan vs Peak Bran.

It's not even close...

red1
03-20-2020, 04:46 PM
Duncans team won in a sweep, and 4-1 biggest Finals ass who0ping of all time. (differential wise)

Lebron's team won by a hair once.

This was old Duncan vs Peak Bran.

It's not even close...

dude Im a dwade stan and my boy had me on the verge of tears watching that shit live because he got so many shots drilled in his eye it was painful... the heat defense got sliced harder than anything I've seen in my life...

the heat got destroyed by superior ball-movement and excellent shot-making - lebron actually was ready to ball and win them the chip that year...

red1
03-20-2020, 04:48 PM
the difference is that when lebron won he actually carried his team to even get to that point - the heat had big names but they relied on him HEAVILY- he did almost everything for that team and dwade is a smart guy who noticed that... hence why he said you need to take these reigns if we want a chance to win after 2011...

lo and behold: back-to-back rings plus another finals appearance...

tpols
03-20-2020, 04:49 PM
thats always been the biggest problem with Lebron. He limits ball movement and ball dominant star power around him.

the 2013 bron/wade splits evidence this more than anything. Wade was BALLING in that series, yet Lebron would fare better with a 40 YO spot up whoever.

Tim Duncan never had such problems with anybody. Long term teamwork is why the spurs took such a do0k on the over manned Heat.

red1
03-20-2020, 04:52 PM
thats always been the biggest problem with Lebron. He limits ball movement and ball dominant star power around him.

the 2013 bron/wade splits evidence this more than anything. Wade was BALLING in that series, yet Lebron would fare better with a 40 YO spot up whoever.
Tim Duncan never had such problems with anybody.

:roll:

wrong. the heat had only two problems - zero bigs and weak pointguards.

they signed up for that shit when they gave their entire cap to three players so no sympathy there - lebron is undoubtedly what made those teams great. they were the best perimeter defense in the league because of defensive dogs like bron wade and battier.

red1
03-20-2020, 04:53 PM
when you have wade and lebron on the same team its almost a waste because you have the two of the most efficient balldominant players in NBA history. that was always a bad fit but the gamble worked because they got a back-to-back out of it.

tpols
03-20-2020, 04:58 PM
This is two MVP talents joining...

"the gamble worked"

The Heat predicted themselves to be a not 5, not 6, not 7, dynasty.

They ended up with a losing record 5-7 vs an old spurs team in the Finals.

Are you serious bro?

:biggums:

red1
03-20-2020, 05:02 PM
This is two MVP talents joining...

"the gamble worked"

The Heat predicted themselves to be a not 5, not 6, not 7, dynasty.

They ended up 5-7 vs an old spurs team.

Are you serious bro?

:biggums:

i need some of what you got.

the heat definitely talked a lot of shit and deserved the mockery. thats fair game if that's your angle. you can definitely talk shit if you were a hater.

we're both basketball fans though and I know you were watching then - the perimeter dominance of those heat teams is unmatched in many ways. I know you're a lakers fan so this analogy will resonate - you can have the best perimeter defenders can have kobe and ariza or artest but if your pointguard is derek fisher there is a good chance that the other team will light you up if they attack that defender. that was the exact deal with the heat. zero bigmen. and very weak pointguards.

lebron is 1 and 0 vs duncan for finals MVPs. and overall was a better player. these are just the facts.

Axe
03-20-2020, 05:53 PM
5>3? 🤔

Manny98
03-20-2020, 07:14 PM
5>3? 🤔
https://i.postimg.cc/PJkBmJ3w/Robert-Horry-2012.jpg

🤔

Axe
03-20-2020, 07:26 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/PJkBmJ3w/Robert-Horry-2012.jpg

🤔
💩💩💩

BigShotBob
03-20-2020, 07:54 PM
Lebron never faced a prime/peak Duncan. Hard to compare.

Axe
03-20-2020, 07:59 PM
So i guess Duncan's peak was when he had the fmvps in three different championship occasions prior to their finals matchup with the cavs in 2007.

ShawkFactory
03-20-2020, 08:04 PM

Lol yea he did. Duncan was 4th in MVP voting in 2007.

Bronbron23
03-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Its hard to compare to be honest. Duncan played in a true team system. If he had the ball in his hands as much as bron his stats would be even better. I really dont think you can compare the 2 to be honest.

ImKobe
03-20-2020, 08:11 PM

You could argue that he was, unless you think the FMVP is the only thing that matters. He clearly was the best player in the first 4. He was better than Kawhi through the RS and the first 3 rounds of the Playoffs in 2014, the Finals were one-sided and the margin between him & Kawhi wasn't that great.

Pop doesn't bench him for that play in Game 6 and you're looking at an undefeated Finals record with 4 FMVPs. It really is a shame because we only remember that game/series for Ray Allen's shot, but completely overlook a 37 y.o Duncan going for 30/17 with a +16 in a close-out game that they should have won.

red1
03-20-2020, 08:14 PM
You could argue that he was, unless you think the FMVP is the only thing that matters. He clearly was the best player in the first 4. He was better than Kawhi through the RS and the first 3 rounds of the Playoffs in 2014, the Finals were one-sided and the margin between him & Kawhi wasn't that great.

Pop doesn't bench him for that play in Game 6 and you're looking at an undefeated Finals record with 4 FMVPs. It really is a shame because we only remember that game/series for Ray Allen's shot, but completely overlook a 37 y.o Duncan going for 30/17 with a +16 in a close-out game that they should have won.

better believe that finals MVPs matter... its the ultimate goal in sports, carrying your team to a title...

Axe
03-20-2020, 08:14 PM

Truth. 👍

FKAri
03-20-2020, 08:16 PM

How about Kawhi missing the FT? Pop made a minmax decision on the fly. The dice rolled snake eyes. Shit happens.

ImKobe
03-20-2020, 08:20 PM
How about Kawhi missing the FT? Pop made a min/max decision on the fly. The dice rolled snake eyes. Shit happens.

How about Manu & Kawhi BOTH having to miss FTs in the first place? How about Pop benching Duncan on that play where the Heat get the offensive rebound? I wonder how much it really altered Tim's legacy. That was going to be an all-time great run for him.

better believe that finals MVPs matter... its the ultimate goal in sports, carrying your team to a title...

But the Finals is just one series. Duncan was the best player through 90-100 something games but he didn't carry his team because a teammate of his happened to put up better numbers in a one-sided 4-5 game series in the end?

Axe
03-20-2020, 08:25 PM
That finals series in 2013 was a funny and bizarre one when all of you think of it. The defending champion miami heat with 3-all stars had a hard time dispatching a veteran spurs team led by the likes of duncan, parker and ginobili, as well as rising star leonard that time. They needed all the 7 games just to overcome them, only for the spurs to avenge their defeat one finals later in a one-sided, no contest 5 game battle in 2014.

Lebron23
03-21-2020, 05:06 AM
Its hard to compare to be honest. Duncan played in a true team system. If he had the ball in his hands as much as bron his stats would be even better. I really dont think you can compare the 2 to be honest.

Probably less championship without Popovich and his system. LBJ is just a better regular season playoffs and Finals performer than TD.

warriorfan
03-21-2020, 01:05 PM
Probably less championship without Popovich and his system. LBJ is just a better regular season playoffs and Finals performer than TD.

I think you meant to say he gets slightly better stats while losing all the time.

DoctorP
03-21-2020, 04:56 PM

Popovich's system is just FLOURISHING without Duncan that's for sure. They have talent in DeRozan and this guy the PF/C Aldridge

DoctorP
03-21-2020, 05:11 PM
https://i.ibb.co/44CJ0zP/poll.jpg (https://ibb.co/RQt7Jfz)
updated poll

Turbo Slayer
03-21-2020, 05:11 PM

Yes. LeBron is better than Duncan and it's not even close.

Turbo Slayer
03-21-2020, 05:25 PM
LeBron leads Duncan for points, assists, FG percentage, PER, and WS.

LeBron has 3 more MVPs than Duncan. He has gone to more Finals than Duncan did.

Its not even a debate. Whos better.

DoctorP
03-21-2020, 06:13 PM
LeBron leads Duncan for points, assists, FG percentage, PER, and WS.

LeBron has 3 more MVPs than Duncan. He has gone to more Finals than Duncan did.

Its not even a debate. Whos better.

duno, you need to get your squad to vote. polls are open :lol

Axe
03-21-2020, 06:37 PM
Before lebron james even got to his first finals in 2007, duncan was already a 3-time champion and had 3 fmvps. Prior to being drafted in 1997, the spurs only had a dismal record of 20-62 in the 1996-97 season. Suddenly things began to turn around for the spurs, with a tandem of robinson and duncan spearheading the team, resulting to their very first nba title in the shortened-lockout season in 1999 and multiple winning seasons that resulted to more than five consecutive playoff berths, as well as three more titles in the 00s. When it comes to popularity though, he is not as popular as shaq or any other similar player because he doesn't seem to play with dominance a lot in the court like they do but still he is capable.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-21-2020, 10:13 PM

Duncan wasn't the best player in the finals. Which is basically my point. He was NOT the best player for all 5 titles.

He wasn't clearly the best for 4 either. Unless you think Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are figments of our imagination.

TheCorporation
03-21-2020, 10:15 PM
1. LeBron
2. Russell
3. Magic
4. Shaq
5. Kareem
6. Duncan
7. Jordan

My top 7

ImKobe
03-22-2020, 10:39 AM
Duncan wasn't the best player in the finals. Which is basically my point. He was NOT the best player for all 5 titles.

He wasn't clearly the best for 4 either. Unless you think Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are figments of our imagination.

Well, do you think the Finals are the only part of the season or do you look at the entire picture? Duncan was CLEARLY the Spurs' leader & best player in 4 title runs. Parker or Manu might have matched or surpassed his scoring in 2005 & 2007 Finals but none of them were close to as good defensively or as consistent as he was. Of course he was their best player if you take the entire Playoff run into account. He was their best player in the RS, he was their best player in the toughest Playoff rounds leading up to the Finals. Neither Parker nor Manu were ever considered All-NBA level defensive players while Duncan was the best defensive player in the Playoffs quite a few times.

Parker got his 2007 FMVP due to the scoring and the Finals being one-sided but Duncan completely took Big Z out of that series and helped keep Lebron out of the paint while also scoring 18 points a game and leading the team in rebounds, assists, steals(tied for #1) & blocks. Like I said, you think he wasn't the best player in 2007 because he didn't outscore Parker in a sweep, vs. what he had been doing that entire season? That's like saying Curry wasn't the best player on the Warriors in 2015 when he won league MVP and led them in every big moment/series of that Playoff run because the majority of the 11 media members voted for Iguodala. You think people like Rachel Nichols & Ramona Shelburne (who vote & decide the FMVP) decide who the best player on the team is every year? You HAVE to look at the entire run and not just 4 games of a one-sided series. Spurs were a lock to win the series, which is why the 2007 Finals is one of the worst-rated Finals of all-time.

The 2007 WCSF was the real Finals that year, and Duncan absolutely dominated that series.

Phoenix
03-22-2020, 11:01 AM
Parker winning Finals MVP was because his level of play especially scoring wise exceeded his norm, not because it exceeded Duncan's. TD was comfortably the anchor in the finals as he always was.

DoctorP
03-22-2020, 01:42 PM
Tim Duncan sounding more and more like the modern BILL RUSSELL

Is LeBron then WILT?

DoctorP
03-22-2020, 01:45 PM
updated poll results
https://i.ibb.co/1KYd7hH/poll2.jpg (https://ibb.co/Qn7Cpzs)

DoctorP
03-22-2020, 02:59 PM
updated
https://i.ibb.co/BwKjyqY/poll24.jpg

Keno
03-22-2020, 03:37 PM
lebron, by a wide margin as well. this includes both individual and team accolades wise.

ImKobe
03-22-2020, 03:50 PM
lebron, by a wide margin as well. this includes both individual and team accolades wise.

Duncan has the better W/L record, made the Playoffs every single year and won more championships and is 2 - 1 against Lebron in the Finals. 37 y.o Duncan outplayed peak Lebron.

DoctorP
03-22-2020, 03:58 PM
updated
https://i.ibb.co/wNNtN5v/poll33.jpg

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 04:15 PM
Duncan has the better W/L record, made the Playoffs every single year and won more championships and is 2 - 1 against Lebron in the Finals. 37 y.o Duncan outplayed peak Lebron.

Your argument is garbage. I hate how people use number of championships as their criteria to rank how players are really good.

won more championships

So if I use your flawed ass criteria you do realize Robert Horry is better than Duncan in terms of # of titles? **** out of here with that BS.

37 y.o Duncan outplayed peak Lebron.

In the regular season? Nope. LeBron James averaged nearly 27 points on nearly 60% shooting. Duncan averaged only 18 points on 50%. Tell me who's the better player in the season. LBJ won MVP that year also. Without bias, LeBron James is clearly the better player in the regular season in 2013. In the 2013 Playoffs, LeBron scored more in terms of scoring load with 7 more points in averages. Their percentages are similiar.

Tell me who is the better player in 2013. Any sane person would tell that LeBron is better.

Stop telling lies, ImKobe. A poster with around 21,000 posts shouldn't be telling lies at this point in their lives. Man up! It's childish at this point.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 04:52 PM
Of course, ImKobe won't answer my post and admit that he was WRONG. My guess is that ImKobe will continue to duck and deflect my argument. Oh well. :banana:

ImKobe
03-22-2020, 05:04 PM
Your argument is garbage. I hate how people use number of championships as their criteria to rank how players are really good.

So if I use your flawed ass criteria you do realize Robert Horry is better than Duncan in terms of # of titles? **** out of here with that BS.

In the regular season? Nope. LeBron James averaged nearly 27 points on nearly 60% shooting. Duncan averaged only 18 points on 50%. Tell me who's the better player in the season. LBJ won MVP that year also. Without bias, LeBron James is clearly the better player in the regular season in 2013. In the 2013 Playoffs, LeBron scored more in terms of scoring load with 7 more points in averages. Their percentages are similiar.

Tell me who is the better player in 2013. Any sane person would tell that LeBron is better.

Stop telling lies, ImKobe. A poster with around 21,000 posts shouldn't be telling lies at this point in their lives. Man up! It's childish at this point.

Duncan has a better record of success and sustained his high level of play from '97 to 2014. You're going by ppg but Lebron was never the rebounder nor the defensive anchor that Duncan was his whole career. Championships are the most valuable accolade when discussing the best players and the fact that Duncan won 5 while playing in a much tougher Conference while going up against Shaq & Kobe, Suns/Hornets/Clippers/Mavs & Thunder gives him the edge here. Duncan's 2003 title run is better than any of Lebron's.

Had his teammates not choked Game 6, we would have said that a 37 y.o Duncan outplayed peak Lebron to win his 5th championship. Duncan was 30/16 with a +19 through 4 quarters of that game. Given that it went to OT, his team got outscored by 19 points in less than 8 minutes that he rested for. That's the kind of impact I'm talking about. He was the best player on the court in the biggest game of the season. It's not just Game 6, but Game 1 & Game 3 are in Duncan's favor as well and you can make a case for Game 5. That's 4 out of what should have been 6 games.

Tim's career is just better bro. That streak of making the Playoffs & winning 50+ every year while having a 5/6 Finals record while also playing in the toughest Conference in league history is far more impressive. That 03 run is better than any of Lebron's because not only did he lead that team to 60 wins without a star teammate but he also beat Shaq & Kobe and put up 25/15/5 with ATG defense in the Playoffs.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 05:50 PM
Duncan has a better record of success and sustained his high level of play from '97 to 2014. You're going by ppg but Lebron was never the rebounder nor the defensive anchor that Duncan was his whole career. Championships are the most valuable accolade when discussing the best players and the fact that Duncan won 5 while playing in a much tougher Conference while going up against Shaq & Kobe, Suns/Hornets/Clippers/Mavs & Thunder gives him the edge here. Duncan's 2003 title run is better than any of Lebron's.

Had his teammates not choked Game 6, we would have said that a 37 y.o Duncan outplayed peak Lebron to win his 5th championship. Duncan was 30/16 with a +19 through 4 quarters of that game. Given that it went to OT, his team got outscored by 19 points in less than 8 minutes that he rested for. That's the kind of impact I'm talking about. He was the best player on the court in the biggest game of the season. It's not just Game 6, but Game 1 & Game 3 are in Duncan's favor as well and you can make a case for Game 5. That's 4 out of what should have been 6 games.

Tim's career is just better bro. That streak of making the Playoffs & winning 50+ every year while having a 5/6 Finals record while also playing in the toughest Conference in league history is far more impressive. That 03 run is better than any of Lebron's because not only did he lead that team to 60 wins without a star teammate but he also beat Shaq & Kobe and put up 25/15/5 with ATG defense in the Playoffs.

sustained his high level of play from '97 to 2014

That's a broad definition. Hardly. From 2007-2013 it was littered with playoff failures.

He was the best player on the court in the biggest game of the season. Hell no. How can you call him the ''best player on the court'' if he lost the damn game? Your argument makes no sense. I watched Game 6 and Duncan did not score in last 2 minutes of 4th and OT also. LeBron made a clutch 3 in the waning moments of Game 6 to make it possible to come back.
Watch the damn game. :facepalm

That's 4 out of what should have been 6 games.

How about the other games though? It would have been IGNORANT to exclude them. I already discussed Game 6. In Game 7 LeBron had the higher Gamescore than Duncan and dropped 37 points on the Spurs.

How about Duncan? Well he missed a real layup that would have tied the game and shifted the momentum back to the Spurs. He ''choked.'' LeBron James was on fire that night and dropped a dagger in the final seconds of Game 7.

In conclusion, LeBron was the better player throughout the series and he won the Finals MVP. :banana:

That 03 run is better than any of Lebron's because not only did he lead that team to 60 wins without a star teammate but he also beat Shaq & Kobe and put up 25/15/5 with ATG defense in the Playoffs.

2016? LeBron recorded the highest Gamescore in Game 6 of the Finals. LeBron also led the team without a star teammate too in that amazing championship run. He led all teams in all major statistical categories in the Finals.

By the way, ImKobe? Remember my previous post? Stop ducking and deflecting my argument and admit that LeBron was the better player in 2012-2013. :roll:

Axe
03-22-2020, 06:29 PM
"LeBron also led the team without a star teammate too in that amazing championship run."

Rofl what exactly do you mean by this? He had kyrie irving and kevin love to destroy the warriors during that year.

FireDavidKahn
03-22-2020, 06:31 PM
"LeBron also led the team without a star teammate too in that amazing championship run."

Rofl what exactly do you mean by this? He had kyrie irving and kevin love to destroy the warriors during that year.

8.5 ppg on 36.2%/26.3%/70.6%
6.8 rpg
1.3 apg

"star"

Axe
03-22-2020, 06:39 PM
8.5 ppg on 36.2%/26.3%/70.6%
6.8 rpg
1.3 apg

"star"
*Goes to this thread and reads that two individual teammates are mentioned because they are "stars"*
*Goes to post about their stats here from that series*

Lmfao 🤡🥴

SamuraiSWISH
03-22-2020, 06:43 PM
Umm, not even a LeBron guy, obviously, but you GOT to be kidding me ...

Mike, Magic, Bird, LeBron, Russell, Kareem > Duncan. IMO. Definitively.

Shaq, Hakeem, Wilt, Kobe > Duncan. IMO. Arguably.

He's an amazing player. All time great. But arguably one of the most overrated players ever, particularly by casuals, pretending to be more knowledgable than they are by mentioning a non sexy name and game.

He's not the best PF ever. He was a Center on the actual floor.

He had an amazing Patriot level coach and NBA franchise / system with a litany of good players around him. To this day I'm not even positive he's better than KG, to be quite frank.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 07:01 PM

what exactly do you mean by this?

Axe, I assumed ImKobe was talking about all-stars. Sorry about that.

to destroy the warriors during that year.

Again, what are you talking about? The whole season? The whole Finals? You need to specify.

During the regular season, it wasn't even close. The Cavaliers were swept in the 2016 regular season. One ending in a pathetic blowout. Again in the Finals, the Cavaliers were down 3-1 in the series.

If you looked back everyone believed that the Cavaliers were going to lose the series. The media, ISH, and everyone believed in this.

Fortunately, that didn't happen. LeBron and the Cavaliers came back 3-1 to achieve a feat that was considered impossible at the time.

''Destroy'' is laughable.

I dismantled your argument. :no:

superduper
03-22-2020, 07:02 PM
Umm, not even a LeBron guy, obviously, but you GOT to be kidding me ...

Mike, Magic, Bird, LeBron, Russell, Kareem > Duncan. IMO. Definitively.

Shaq, Hakeem, Wilt, Kobe > Duncan. IMO. Arguably.

He's an amazing player. All time great. But arguably one of the most overrated players ever, particularly by casuals, pretending to be more knowledgable than they are by mentioning a non sexy name and game.

He's not the best PF ever. He was a Center on the actual floor.

He had an amazing Patriot level coach and NBA franchise / system with a litany of good players around him. To this day I'm not even positive he's better than KG, to be quite frank.

Duncan helped Pop become who he is in terms of mentality and leadership, Pop admits this every chance he gets.

Proof is in the pudding with the performance of the Spurs as soon as Duncan retired.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 07:12 PM
Here are LeBron James highlights from Game 6 of the 2016 Finals. Cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJEG7fcUn-s&t=2s

The highest GameScore ever recorded.

At 4:05 - J.R. Smith alley-oop to James!

At 5:25 - James blocks Green!

At 7:10 - James nasty block on Curry!

Axe
03-22-2020, 07:14 PM
Axe, I assumed ImKobe was talking about all-stars. Sorry about that.

Again, what are you talking about? The whole season? The whole Finals? You need to specify.

During the regular season, it wasn't even close. The Cavaliers were swept in the 2016 regular season. One ending in a pathetic blowout. Again in the Finals, the Cavaliers were down 3-1 in the series.

If you looked back everyone believed that the Cavaliers were going to lose the series. The media, ISH, and everyone believed in this.

Fortunately, that didn't happen. LeBron and the Cavaliers came back 3-1 to achieve a feat that was considered impossible at the time.

''Destroy'' is laughable.

I dismantled your argument. :no:
The whole finals, obviously. After all, why would cleveland be favored to come out of the east then if he didn't have those two guys? And by destroy, i meant them overpowering the warriors in the championship round.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 07:26 PM
The whole finals, obviously. After all, why would cleveland be favored to come out of the east then if he didn't have those two guys? And by destroy, i meant them overpowering the warriors in the championship round.

Yes, the Cavs were favored to go the Finals. The Cavaliers had the Big 3 (James, Irving, Love) that made them better than anyone else in the East.

Axe
03-22-2020, 07:28 PM
Yes, the Cavs were favored to go the Finals. The Cavaliers had the Big 3 (James, Irving, Love) that made them better than anyone else in the East.
So it seemed. That was my point. In fact, during the 2015 nba finals, some analysts even thought they were favored to win that, only for them to be proved wrong by that gsw team.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 07:33 PM
So it seemed. That was my point. In fact, during the 2015 nba finals, some analysts even thought they were favored to win that, only for them to be proved wrong by that gsw team.

The Love and Irving injuries avoided the Cavaliers from winning unfortunately. LeBron James put up damn near 36 points. However he shot inefficiently. He was 40/30/69. Not exactly pristine.

Axe
03-22-2020, 07:44 PM
The Love and Irving injuries avoided the Cavaliers from winning unfortunately. LeBron James put up damn near 36 points. However he shot inefficiently. He was 40/30/69. Not exactly pristine.
Oh that i almost forgot. If those two only played the whole series, who knows what could have happened. Also, the cavs were leading 2-1 when steve kerr had assigned iggy to be a starter in order to impose defense against lbj, hence the latter struggling with his shots that resulted to 3-straight losses for his team and the warriors winning their first championship in 40 years, with iggy being named the fmvp. Tbh, this is the only championship by the dubs that i think is worthy in the last five years. The other two, not so much.

Turbo Slayer
03-22-2020, 07:57 PM
Oh that i almost forgot. If those two only played the whole series, who knows what could have happened. Also, the cavs were leading 2-1 when steve kerr had assigned iggy to be a starter in order to impose defense against lbj, hence the latter struggling with his shots that resulted to 3-straight losses for his team and the warriors winning their first championship in 40 years, with iggy being named the fmvp. Tbh, this is the only championship by the dubs that i think is worthy in the last five years. The other two, not so much. I agree on all counts! :cheers:

Gougou
03-23-2020, 02:04 AM
Tim Duncan was only good because Pop is one of the greatest coach of all time, and the Spurs also has a unique team system, not disrespecting Duncan tho, he was the best players on the Spurs.

I would pick Lebron if I start a new team, this guy just does everything.

DoctorP
03-23-2020, 07:04 AM
1. LeBron
2. Russell
3. Magic
4. Shaq
5. Kareem
6. Duncan
7. Jordan

My top 7

:lol

BAN THIS FOOL :lol

Kblaze8855
03-23-2020, 07:49 AM
Starting out in todays league id take Lebron for a full career but id take Duncan in the league as its been most of my life.

Phoenix
03-23-2020, 07:57 AM

The Cavs very likely win in 2015 if Love and Kyrie are there. Cleveland took 2 games off them just by having Lebron put up big( albeit inefficient) scoring numbers. The Warriors improved quite a bit from 2015 to 2016.

Axe
03-23-2020, 08:05 AM
The Cavs very likely win in 2015 if Love and Kyrie are there. Cleveland took 2 games off them just by having Lebron put up big( albeit inefficient) scoring numbers. The Warriors improved quite a bit from 2015 to 2016.
Those warriors had the whole homecourt advantage in the entire playoffs though during that year and that probably also helped them staved off the limping cavs.

Phoenix
03-23-2020, 08:22 AM
Those warriors had the whole homecourt advantage in the entire playoffs though during that year and that probably also helped them staved off the limping cavs.

Home court didnt save them in 2016. I dont think it saves them in 2015 if Lebron had his main running mates.

Axe
03-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Home court didnt save them in 2016. I dont think it saves them in 2015 if Lebron had his main running mates.
Warrior stans will probably give you a lot of answers or reasons as to why they choked and relinquished their very own 3-1 lead.

superduper
03-23-2020, 08:52 AM
What are we talking about here?

In terms of being an absolute winner and having transcendent level leadership and intangibles = Duncan
In terms of being an absolute meme and having transcendent level of mirror selfie posts = LeGOAT

Dbrog
03-23-2020, 02:51 PM
Yeah, lets act like LeBron is not the GOAT game 7 performer and elimination performer in NBA history. Lets also pretend that LeBron doesn't have the most number of playoff game winners in NBA history.

Also did you compare LeBron to KG? A 4x MVP and 3x FMVP (only two players in the history of the sport have those accolades).

I swear, the posters on this board are getting dumber by the day.

https://me.me/market?s=pop

Bron GOAT game 7 performer? Yup...posters sure are getting dumber...Also like the fact that you completely ignored what I was comparing between Bron and KG AND also acknowledged Bron had the better career in my post :facepalm

DoctorP
03-23-2020, 03:11 PM
https://me.me/market?s=pop

Bron GOAT game 7 performer? Yup...posters sure are getting dumber...Also like the fact that you completely ignored what I was comparing between Bron and KG AND also acknowledged Bron had the better career in my post :facepalm

dumber? the bar is considerably low already

aj1987
03-23-2020, 03:54 PM
Bron GOAT game 7 performer?
Yep. LeBron has been in 7 game 7's in his career. You know what his stats are in those games?

35/8/5 on 48%. Before you start being your autistic self and scream "statpadding!!11", LeBron's record in 5-2 in those games. Name a better game 7 performer. Take all the time you need.

Yup...posters sure are getting dumber...
They sure are. Your post is proof of it.

Also like the fact that you completely ignored what I was comparing between Bron and KG AND also acknowledged Bron had the better career in my post :facepalm
There's literally zero comparison between LeBron and KG. The fact that you're even comparing them is completely asinine and retarded.

Dbrog
03-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Yep. LeBron has been in 7 game 7's in his career. You know what his stats are in those games?

35/8/5 on 48%. Before you start being your autistic self and scream "statpadding!!11", LeBron's record in 5-2 in those games. Name a better game 7 performer. Take all the time you need.

They sure are. Your post is proof of it.

There's literally zero comparison between LeBron and KG. The fact that you're even comparing them is completely asinine and retarded.

Good for him. If he's so great at closing teams out, why is he 3 and 6 in the finals? Duncan, Jordan and Russell are clearly better winners. If you're looking at closeout stats (not sure why you are limiting to game 7s), Jordan averaged 34.2/5.9/5.6/2/1 on almost 49% where Bron was 27.5/8.9/6.8/1.6/1 on almost 46%. Is that legendary? Yes...but not like Michael.

Still not getting the KG thing I see...I suggest going back and studying his playoff numbers as well and how much he needed a Sam Cassell or Ray Allen to close games in order to win despite him posting legendary stats/performances.

aj1987
03-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Good for him. If he's so great at closing teams out, why is he 3 and 6 in the finals?
We're talking about Game 7's, shit for brains, try to keep up. Oh, and LeBron is 2-0 in Game 7's of the NBA Finals.

Duncan, Jordan and Russell are clearly better winners.
Yeah, and Horry is a clearly better winner than Jordan, I guess. In fact, there are 9 players who are "clearly better winners" than Jordan.

If you're looking at closeout stats (not sure why you are limiting to game 7s), Jordan averaged 34.2/5.9/5.6/2/1 on almost 49% where Bron was 27.5/8.9/6.8/1.6/1 on almost 46%. Is that legendary? Yes...but not like Michael.
Why are you even bringing up Jordan? We're talking about LeBron vs Duncan, retard. You're clearly in over your head and just scrambling right.

Funny how you want to talk about winning, but you completely ignored records this time around.

https://stats.nba.com/articles/king-of-the-closeout-game/

LeBron is 31-9 (35-11 since it was posted) with a 76% win percentage. Meanwhile, Jordan is 30-13 with a 69.8% win percentage.

While we're at it, lets look at LeBron elimination game performances, shall we?

Dude averages 34/11/8/2/1 on 58% TS% with a record of 14-9. Jordan is at 31/8/7 on 54% TS% with a record of 6-7.

Duncan is at 22/12/3 on 54% TS% with an 8-13 record. :roll:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/25/17391262/lebron-james-king-elimination-games

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/25/17395268/lebron-james-elimination-game-stats-playoffs

Still not getting the KG thing I see...I suggest going back and studying his playoff numbers as well and how much he needed a Sam Cassell or Ray Allen to close games in order to win despite him posting legendary stats/performances.
You still don't get it, do you, ****ing idiot?

Who closed in '12 for LeBron? Did KG ever have a PO run like LeBron's in '12?

How about in '13, when LeBron scored 16 points for the Heat in the 4th Q on 7/10 shooting? Do you remember the FACT that LeBron actually hit the shot who made Allen's 3 possible?

The Cavs were struggling and LeBron scored 11 points in the 4th Q. 8 straight points at one point and scored 6 straight after GSW were up 4 and with all the momentum. Dude absolutely killed their momentum and gave the Cavs a 2pt lead. He also has the game saving block on Iggy.

Oh, and since we're talking about clutch and closing out, you do know that Duncan is one of the worst 4th Q performers, in the Finals, for an ATG, right? Remember the missed layup in G7 of the '13 Finals?

Now crawl back into that hole that your came out of, cockroach.

Y'all turds better stick to "but but Duncan was a better leader doe!!1 Intangiables doe!!!1" arguments. If you bring up actual performances and on court impact, LeBron absolutely murks him.

Turbo Slayer
03-23-2020, 05:40 PM
We're talking about Game 7's, shit for brains, try to keep up. Oh, and LeBron is 2-0 in Game 7's of the NBA Finals.

Yeah, and Horry is a clearly better winner than Jordan, I guess. In fact, there are 9 players who are "clearly better winners" than Jordan.

Why are you even bringing up Jordan? We're talking about LeBron vs Duncan, retard. You're clearly in over your head and just scrambling right.

Funny how you want to talk about winning, but you completely ignored records this time around.

LeBron is 31-9 (35-11 since it was posted) with a 76% win percentage. Meanwhile, Jordan is 30-13 with a 69.8% win percentage.

Dude averages 34/11/8/2/1 on 58% TS% with a record of 14-9. Jordan is at 31/8/7 on 54% TS% with a record of 6-7.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/25/17391262/lebron-james-king-elimination-games

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/25/17395268/lebron-james-elimination-game-stats-playoffs

How about in '13, when LeBron scored 16 points for the Heat in the 4th Q on 7/10 shooting? Do you remember the FACT that LeBron actually hit the shot who made Allen's 3 possible?

The Cavs were struggling and LeBron scored 11 points in the 4th Q. 8 straight points at one point and scored 6 straight after GSW were up 4 and with all the momentum. Dude absolutely killed their momentum and gave the Cavs a 2pt lead. He also has the game saving block on Iggy.

Oh, and since we're talking about clutch and closing out, you do know that Duncan is one of the worst 4th Q performers, in the Finals, for an ATG, right? Remember the missed layup in G7 of the '13 Finals?

Y'all turds better stick to "but but Duncan was a better leader doe!!1 Intangiables doe!!!1" arguments. If you bring up actual performances and on court impact, LeBron absolutely murks him.

Well said! :applause:

FKAri
03-23-2020, 06:08 PM
Duncan is what we in the medical profession classify as eerily homosexual. A phaggit who is continuously gyrating around any person, place or thing which can be ascribed a male pronoun. Part incubus. Part succubus. His supernatural ability to take it in the ass flaccid gives him the horrifying power to rape men with his asshole. Despite his palpable homosexuality, he never came out of the closet even after Jason Collins opened the door for him. His cowardice is the only reason I don’t stay up nights worrying about the existential danger posed to civilization by his gargantuan homosexual predation

red1
03-23-2020, 07:06 PM
aj with another body.

bodied that dude harder than he regularly bodies warriorfan and cashew.

DoctorP
03-23-2020, 08:53 PM
updated
https://i.ibb.co/LdQsj2q/poll666.jpg

MaxPlayer
03-23-2020, 10:46 PM
Lebron definitely rustles more jimmies

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-23-2020, 10:48 PM

AJ mowing down mfers like Groundskeeper Willie :oldlol: Good to see you posting again bud.

ArbitraryWater
03-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Duncan is someone who had finals series' in his prime playing at borderline all-star, Stoudemire/Boozer level...

LeBron would never.

LeBron since 2012 is far more dominant. Thats just a fact.

red1
03-24-2020, 09:50 AM
coaching matters too. look how hard pop is struggling now that he has low-tier stars like aldridge and derozan. timmy and pop both obviously needed each other to win.

can you imagine lebron playing for an all-time coach or organization like the spurs? literally any franchise other than those garbage early-year cavs. there's a reason he went to miami with riley and wade, he was sick of mo williams bricking every shot after getting a free allstar vacation courtesy of lbj.

lebron getting the chance to play with ginobili parker drob kawhi, guys like that, and coached by pop? instead of playing for mike brown alongside mo williams delonte west larry hughes and anderson varejao?

c'mon man. lets be real here. :oldlol:

Dbrog
03-24-2020, 10:01 AM
awww look, I made aj mad enough to where he is writing 3ball-esc paragraphs and getting on his alts to make it appear like people are worshiping him! Hope the virus takes your neckbeard mouthbreathing ass away from us soon. No wonder people from ISH get banned at realGM after 1 post :lol

red1
03-24-2020, 10:24 AM
awww look, I made aj mad enough to where he is writing 3ball-esc paragraphs and getting on his alts to make it appear like people are worshiping him! Hope the virus takes your neckbeard mouthbreathing ass away from us soon. No wonder people from ISH get banned at realGM after 1 post

he kinda got you though.

5-2 record in game 7s with incredible production. that's a good sample size. and 2-0 undefeated record in game 7s of the finals. :eek:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a1/00/0e/a1000ee6b01485f483c9a6d183f3985a.gif
https://i.imgur.com/8huIQwL.jpg

ArbitraryWater
03-24-2020, 10:34 AM
awww look, I made aj mad enough to where he is writing 3ball-esc paragraphs and getting on his alts to make it appear like people are worshiping him! Hope the virus takes your neckbeard mouthbreathing ass away from us soon. No wonder people from ISH get banned at realGM after 1 post :lol

nah, he just shut you down.

Rysio
03-24-2020, 10:49 AM
I don't even like lebrick but this isn't even close, Duncan is the most overrated all time great of all time without goat teamwork of spurs and goat coaching he would be nothing but KG if that. Even KG is better to me.

SouBeachTalents
03-24-2020, 11:07 AM
This nikka brought a spoon to a gunfight and got obliterated. Didn't even TRY to refute any of the facts AJ threw at him

aj1987
03-24-2020, 11:13 AM

Did I hurt your feelings with those FACTS, little on? You seem super upset. Go and eat a couple of tide pods. Should help you.

AJ mowing down mfers like Groundskeeper Willie Good to see you posting again bud.
:cheers:

Our production is shut. Only the IT and M&A work is going on right now. Have a ton of free time.

Dbrog
03-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Love that you guys are so horny for game 7s, though not surprising. There's a reason the greats don't have that many game 7s...they were so good they didn't need them. Bronny needed em even with the most stacked teams of any alltime great

red1
03-24-2020, 12:02 PM
Love that you guys are so horny for game 7s, though not surprising. There's a reason the greats don't have that many game 7s...they were so good they didn't need them. Bronny needed em even with the most stacked teams of any alltime great

weak. weak weak weak. we've heard that a million times.

I love how you've pivoted your entire argument - first you denied that he was great at elimination game 7s. take your L bitch. :roll:

Turbo Slayer
03-24-2020, 12:19 PM

Just admit you lost? Ok? :facepalm

Dbrog
03-24-2020, 12:21 PM
clip

Just to entertain you trolls, I'll give you more stuff to write nonsense paragraphs about so listen up you little teenage-dropout. First, I never was talking about game 7s, but you were since they are something Bron posts high stats in...convenient. Funny you think Horry is a better winner than Jordan...not even gonna touch that one because no one else was saying that. I brought up Jordan because you said that Bron is the greatest closer ever...and he's clearly not or he wouldn't have so many game 7s. He would rape people like Shaq and Kobe did. Did KG ever have PO run like LeBron's? No because he was wasting away with shitty management like Lebron was in Cleveland except KG didn't leave until he was at the end of his prime. He did have playoff series where he was doing 24/18 or 27/16 with elite defense.

As for the Finals vs the Spurs, ya I remember Bron hit that shot...after he had missed 2 previously. Funny you think Duncan isn't clutch but also makes sense since you are too young to remember the Fisher .4 seconds game where Duncan made a 3 (wtf) to even set up that situation. An oldman Duncan with shot knees...no I'm not gonna get mad at him for missing a tip-in. Prime Duncan was closing out finals games with shit like 21/20/10/8 so go ahead and sit down and listen to the old cockroach.

Kyrie was clearly the dagger when they beat Golden State and not sure how that's even arguable. He was hitting crazy Kobe-type shit. Let's not pretend Bron closed out the 73 win warriors (without Green) by himself. I'm pretty sure he and Kyrie had the most combined pts of any two teammates in a finals game. Your cherry-picking is just pathetic but again, you're just regurgitated ESPN so not sure I can blame you for having no brain of your own

Turbo Slayer
03-24-2020, 12:32 PM
Just to entertain you trolls, I'll give you more stuff to write nonsense paragraphs about so listen up you little teenage-dropout. First, I never was talking about game 7s, but you were since they are something Bron posts high stats in...convenient. Funny you think Horry is a better winner than Jordan...not even gonna touch that one because no one else was saying that. I brought up Jordan because you said that Bron is the greatest closer ever...and he's clearly not or he wouldn't have so many game 7s. He would rape people like Shaq and Kobe did. Did KG ever have PO run like LeBron's? No because he was wasting away with shitty management like Lebron was in Cleveland except KG didn't leave until he was at the end of his prime. He did have playoff series where he was doing 24/18 or 27/16 with elite defense.

As for the Finals vs the Spurs, ya I remember Bron hit that shot...after he had missed 2 previously. Funny you think Duncan isn't clutch but also makes sense since you are too young to remember the Fisher .4 seconds game where Duncan made a 3 (wtf) to even set up that situation. An oldman Duncan with shot knees...no I'm not gonna get mad at him for missing a tip-in. Prime Duncan was closing out finals games with shit like 21/20/10/8 so go ahead and sit down and listen to the old cockroach.

Kyrie was clearly the dagger when they beat Golden State and not sure how that's even arguable. He was hitting crazy Kobe-type shit. Let's not pretend Bron closed out the 73 win warriors (without Green) by himself. I'm pretty sure he and Kyrie had the most combined pts of any two teammates in a finals game. Your cherry-picking is just pathetic but again, you're just regurgitated ESPN so not sure I can blame you for having no brain of your own

1st post ->
Bron GOAT game 7 performer? Your latest post ->
I never was talking about game 7s,

Uh... you started this in a previous post. Stop lying. :oldlol:

Let's not pretend Bron closed out the 73 win warriors (without Green) by himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zd62MxKXp8

Turbo Slayer
03-24-2020, 12:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHTmiqwswU

bullettooth
03-24-2020, 12:36 PM
LeBron has a losing record against Duncan... and an embarrassing one at that; got swept the first time, barely won the second time against him and third time he lost by the largest margin in NBA finals history (until LeBron beat his own record years later).

Dbrog
03-24-2020, 12:39 PM
Turbo were you gonna also talk about Kyrie's historic shot that went along with Bron's historic block? Of course not because you don't want to draw attention to anything that even has a chance of threatening your narrative on Lebron. That was Lebron's best series of his career and easily most impressive championship. No one is denying that...he just didn't do it without a lot of help and he definitely didn't do it with Miami when he should have. Not 1 not 2, 3 4 5 6 :lol

Turbo Slayer
03-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Turbo were you gonna also talk about Kyrie's historic shot that went along with Bron's historic block? Of course not because you don't want to draw attention to anything that even has a chance of threatening your narrative on Lebron. That was Lebron's best series of his career and easily most impressive championship. No one is denying that...he just didn't do it without a lot of help and he definitely didn't do it with Miami when he should have. Not 1 not 2, 3 4 5 6 :lol

Here is Kyrie's shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4

I don't think LeBron is the GOAT. LeBron, in my opinion, is the 2nd greatest player of all-time. Michael Jordan is the GOAT in my opinion.

An amazing shot!

Turbo Slayer
03-24-2020, 01:01 PM
LeBron has a losing record against Duncan... and an embarrassing one at that; got swept the first time, barely won the second time against him and third time he lost by the largest margin in NBA finals history (until LeBron beat his own record years later).

LeBron has a losing record against Duncan

Look at the double standard. :facepalm Look, if you guys want to criticize LeBron for having a losing record against Duncan.. That's fine. :applause: That's alright by me.

But if I apply your idiotic standard to Jordan it would occur that Jordan has a losing record against Larry Bird in the Playoffs. So which is which? :confusedshrug:

You are not consistent enough to apply this (your standard) to all players. You just pick and select what players get the criticism. That is dumb.

SouBeachTalents
03-24-2020, 01:04 PM
Look at the double standard. :facepalm Look, if you guys want to criticize LeBron for having a losing record against Duncan.. That's fine. :applause: That's alright by me.

But if I apply your idiotic standard to Jordan it would occur that Jordan has a losing record against Larry Bird in the Playoffs. So which is which? :confusedshrug:
He has a losing record against Isiah too

I also bet he'd have Duncan ranked higher than Kobe even though he had a losing record against him

Turbo Slayer
03-24-2020, 01:06 PM
He has a losing record against Isiah too

I also bet he'd have Duncan ranked higher than Kobe even though he had a losing record against him Yeah man, records in general are flawed. I agree. :applause:

:cheers:

red1
03-24-2020, 03:15 PM

who said duncan isnt clutch? I always rooted for him against the kobe-shaq lakers and he was the only hope because the finals against the nets or any eastern team at the time would've been a sweep. lakers won the west at first and then spurs came through at the end as well. duncan was great and went up against another legend in shaq. he still wasnt as great as lebron and he definitely benefited from having the spurs organization. lebron still has the same finals MVP count and fact of the matter is that lebron put up 37 hitting jump shot after jump shot in game 7 of the 2013 finals. he closed that shit out. game 7 against the warriors he did everything for his team had a few crucial scores towards the end in the 4th and played great defense. he's always been a great elimination game performer.

keep getting wrecked snaggletooth. finals MVP count in their head-to-head is 1-0 for lebron. :oldlol:

dreamshake
03-24-2020, 03:23 PM

Great point. Duncan routinely destroys LeBron. Especially on the biggest stage.

red1
03-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Great point. Duncan routinely destroys LeBron. Especially on the biggest stage.

lebron already surpassed him all-time and he's still going. how does duncan regularly destroy him - I thought we already established that the finals MVP count is 1-0 for lebron.

you aint got shit bitch, go crawl back into your hole. :oldlol:

dreamshake
03-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Let me spell it out for you. Duncan is 2-1 record against LeBron head to head in the Finals.

Duncan has 5 rings to LeBron's 3 rings.

LeBron has a long way to go to even tie Duncan. LeBron has not surpassed Duncan. He's got to work for it. The gap is not simply closed by being given meaningless praises by bitches like you and those stat geeks at ESPN/other media outlets who have never played basketball professionally in their life.

red1
03-24-2020, 03:45 PM
Let me spell it out for you. Duncan is 2-1 record against LeBron head to head in the Finals.

Duncan has 5 rings to LeBron's 3 rings.

LeBron has a long way to go to even tie Duncan. He ain't surpassed. He's got to work for it. The gap is not simply closed by being given meaningless praises by bitches like you.

basketball is a team sport. lebron is the better individual player. and he has the championships finals MVPs and the accolades to prove it.

ring count isnt everything you dumb ****. otherwise horry would be greater than both, which is the easy overused response to any idiot who can only use that as his argument.

regnortSkcaB
03-24-2020, 03:47 PM
Duncan by a fair margin.

dreamshake
03-24-2020, 03:57 PM
basketball is a team sport. lebron is the better individual player. and he has the championships finals MVPs and the accolades to prove it.

ring count isnt everything you dumb ****. otherwise horry would be greater than both, which is the easy overused response to any idiot who can only use that as his argument.

Who said ring count was everything? Dumbass Horry reference.

It's about being the best player during your championship run. Finals MVP only takes into account one series. Duncan has been the best player during his 5 title runs.

LeBron still got a couple mountains to climb to get into the conversation with the likes of Duncan. He ain't there just because you want him to be. Earned not given right? Let him earn it first, bitch.

He ain't a crook son, he just a red1. Little bitch with a red face after getting bodied.

bullettooth
03-24-2020, 03:59 PM
Look at all these angry LeBron nut huggers.... lol

regnortSkcaB
03-24-2020, 04:00 PM
Suckers would be the more appropriate description.:eek:

red1
03-24-2020, 04:11 PM
Who said ring count was everything? Dumbass Horry reference.

It's about being the best player during your championship run. Finals MVP only takes into account one series. Duncan has been the best player during his 5 title runs.

LeBron still got a couple mountains to climb to get into the conversation with the likes of Duncan. He ain't there just because you want him to be. Earned not given right? Let him earn it first, bitch.

He ain't a crook son, he just a red1. Little bitch with a red face after getting bodied.
YOU literally said that, you dumbass bitch. your only argument - aka all you have - is ring count or finals losses. :oldlol:

if you're the best player in the finals every year, that's a great way to end up with 3 finals MVPs - which is the case for lebron from 2012-2018. that's why he's brought a championship to cleveland and why he went back-to-back with the heat.

and no - after bringing the ring to cleveland and breaking their curse, erasing their 50+ year drought and winning back to back finals MVPs leading the heat to the ring - he does NOT have any distance to climb. in fact he's already surpassed duncan.

aj1987
03-24-2020, 04:18 PM
Pretty much every single statement in my posts can be backed up by FACTS and STATS. What you're posting is irrelevant drivel, which single digit IQ retards cling on to and scream "LeBron suxx!!".

This is what you said, shit for brains:

"However, neither of them could win on the biggest stage because they had a bunch of trouble closing games, hence Kyrie or Ray Allen or Paul Pierce. "

YOU were the one who pretty much brought up games 7's. Then, you scoffed when I said LeBron is the GOAT game 7 performer.

Stats? How about a 5-2 record in game 7's? How about a 2-0 record in the Finals in G7's? Want to guess who sealed the G7 in '13? Also, the best stats, which makes him the GOAT G7 performer in NBA history. You laughed at that notion. ****ing idiot.

I don't. However, going by your autistic logic, that more rings = better player, that just says that YOU in fact think that Robert Horry shits on Jordan.

I said he's the GOAT G7 performer, you mouth breathing retard. I never once said he's the greatest closer ever. I said he's the GOAT G7 and elimination game performer. Those can be backed up by stats and records as well. Here's my exact quote:

"Yep. LeBron has been in 7 game 7's in his career. You know what his stats are in those games?

35/8/5 on 48%. Before you start being your autistic self and scream "statpadding!!11", LeBron's record in 5-2 in those games. Name a better game 7 performer. Take all the time you need."

I never once brought up Jordan, until your insecure dumbass brought it up. Here was your reply (with the first mention of Jordan), for context:

"Good for him. If he's so great at closing teams out, why is he 3 and 6 in the finals? Duncan, Jordan and Russell are clearly better winners."

So, stats matter for KG, when he gets wrecked in the PO's, but when LeBron puts up stats, he's a statpadding loser? Wow, the double standards. Also, to put their respective stats in perspective, KG averaged 22/13/5/1/2 on 46% (you laughed at LeBron averaged 46% in closeout games, in which he has a 35-11 record, and KG averaged that in the PO's during his PRIME/PEAK), while LeBron averaged 29/8/7/2/1 on 46%.

Yeah, you don't remember shit. LeBron missed one, got the rebound and then made one. He tried again, missed and the rebound went to Allen. That's what happened. He didn't hit a 3 after missing the previous two shots. Funny that you conveniently ignored the fact that Miami was literally only in the game because LeBron went beast mode and dropped 16 points on 7/10 shooting in the 4th quarter.

You remember one shot in a 20 season career? A shot which wasn't even a game winner? :oldlol:

LeBron had two buzzer beating game winners in his last PO run alone.

Lets look at some more stats. How about the Finals in the 4th Q's?

1999 - 5.6 PPG on 36.4% FG%

2003 - 6.7 PPG on 42.9% FG%

2005 - 4.3 PPG on 37.9% FG%

2007 - 4.0 PPG on 36.8% FG%

2013 - 4.2 PPG on 38.9% FG%

2014 - 2.0 PPG on 57.1% FG%

Again, you're the dude who laughed at LeBron's 46% FG%.

Lets not forget that Timmy is the dude who got wrecked by a 46 win 8th seed, while he was on a 61 win #1 seed.

Cont...

aj1987
03-24-2020, 04:19 PM
Funny thing about the almost quad double game. One of the first threads I created on this board was about that game and how awesome Timmy was. Oh, and a fun fact. Duncan went 1-4 from the field and 1-2 from the line for 3 points in that 4th Q. :cheers:

And without LeBron and his 11 points, that one 3 by Kyrie would've been moot. A useless shot. LeBron not only led both teams with 11 points, but he also scored 6 straight after GSW went up by 4 in the 4th Q. He also had the game saving block and game sealing FT. Kyrie misses that shot and the Cavs still win by 1. However, they don't win without LeBron's clutch defense and clutch shots, when GSW went up.

You do know that Kyrie averaged 5.1 PPG on 35.1% FG% in the 4th Q's of the 2016 Finals, right?

Similar to Kobe 29% and 30% in the 4th Q's of the '09 and '10 Finals.

I'm sure being the only player in the history of the sport to lead not only one team, but both teams in all 5 major statistical categories had something to do with it. All this while being, by far, the best defender on his team as well.

Come back when you can back up your autistic statements with facts, kid. Until, either go set yourself on fire or just quit posting all together, because quite honestly, you're just embarrassing yourself with your asinine bullshit.

dreamshake
03-24-2020, 04:20 PM
YOU literally said that, you dumbass bitch. your only argument - aka all you have - is ring count or finals losses. :oldlol:

if you're the best player in the finals every year, that's a great way to end up with 3 finals MVPs - which is the case for lebron from 2012-2018. that's why he's brought a championship to cleveland and why he went back-to-back with the heat.

and no - after bringing the ring to cleveland and breaking their curse, erasing their 50+ year drought and winning back to back finals MVPs leading the heat to the ring - he does NOT have any distance to climb. in fact he's already surpassed duncan.

Sorry to fact check you son. The only thing LeBron has surpassed Timmy in is the number of times losing embarrassingly in the NBA finals.

red1
03-24-2020, 04:20 PM
Suckers would be the more appropriate description.:eek:

I just appreciate the entertainment that this great player has brought me. I appreciate duncan as well, just not as much. what can I say, its been a fun decade. and the tears are part of the fun. :oldlol: :roll:

deathawaitu
03-25-2020, 11:33 AM

Sorry to tell you bitch boy

But Kyrie broke the Cleveland curse :lol

Now sit down ****** boy.

Duncan is top 10 Goat, while Lebron is outside looking in =(

Dbrog
03-25-2020, 12:19 PM
look at AJ scrambling cause he mad :lol. Not worth my time. Kblaze is right...no point to even debate stans on here because they are just delusional. I could post stats upon stats that show how Duncan destroyed Lebron on the biggest stage (usually WCF) against better opponents but again, what's the point. The L I'm taking here is for even trying to engage this in the first place. I'm out.

SouBeachTalents
03-25-2020, 12:24 PM
look at AJ scrambling cause he mad :lol. Not worth my time. Kblaze is right...no point to even debate stans on here because they are just delusional. I could post stats upon stats that show how Duncan destroyed Lebron on the biggest stage (usually WCF) against better opponents but again, what's the point. The L I'm taking here is for even trying to engage this in the first place. I'm out.
I would actually like to see that. You have any evidence to back those claims?

Dbrog
03-25-2020, 12:53 PM
I would actually like to see that. You have any evidence to back those claims?

That's fair. 2002 semi's against one of those great Lakers teams, Duncan had basically no help (only parker even averaged double digit scoring) and though he got beat 4-1, he was the best player in the series IMO putting up 29/17/5/3/1. He tried to single handedly will his team to a championship...which he did the following year. 2003 Kobe was putting up his best Jordan impression and Shaq was still killing it but Duncan had a little more help cause Parker improved and Ginobli was starting to come into his own. Timmy still put up 28/12/5/1 while playing great team ball heightening the play of everyone and ended the Lakers 3-peat 4-2 and also knocked out a great Dallas team after with Dirk going nuts and having Nash coming into his own and allstar Finley. Following year, Lakers retooled and created their super team which unfortunately oldman Karl Malone (still physical) and Shaq were too much for Duncan along with GP locking down the Tony.

2005 The Spurs took advantage of Lakers breaking up and smashed a allstar-filled Suns team. Pop let Amare get his while the spurs went for a more balanced attack. Still, if you see those games, everything was still being run through Duncan and his still continued to perform with 27/14/3/2. That led to probably Duncan's 1st or 2nd hardest finals against the Pistons that killed the Laker's superteam the year before. Despite facing one of the best defenses the NBA had ever seen, Duncan still got his with 21/14/2/2 with great team play. That's the thing with Tim, it doesn't always show up everything he does on the court and how he controls pace. Maybe think of him as a defensive version of Curry.

2006 Spurs were one Ginobli missed layup and bad foul away from probably winning the championship that year. They faced a Dallas team that was basically an allstar version of the one Bron lost to years later. Not only was it Prime dirk with JET, they also had josh howard playing like an allstar and stackhouse still very much playing at a high level and Harris having a breakout season as well. Tim shot almost 60% that series and put up his usual 25/10 on elite defense.

Might post more later like his series' against the superstacked Heat but I'm guessing most people at least know about those. Duncan did have a lull unfortunately in the late 2000's due to injury which brings the context to those heat wins and makes them more impressive. As people have mentioned on here, he was still the best player on those later Spurs teams, potentially could argue 1a/1b with Kawhi in that last one.

TheImmortal
03-25-2020, 01:10 PM
5 (1 asterisk)* beats 3 (more than 1 asterisk). Tim Duncan.

Asterisks aside it's like 4 vs 1.5 .. no contest.

FKAri
03-25-2020, 01:11 PM
I don't even like lebrick but this isn't even close, Duncan is the most overrated all time great of all time without goat teamwork of spurs and goat coaching he would be nothing but KG if that. Even KG is better to me.

Wow!

red1
03-25-2020, 01:21 PM
Sorry to fact check you son. The only thing LeBron has surpassed Timmy in is the number of times losing embarrassingly in the NBA finals.

hell no. :oldlol:

finals MVP with two different franchises including his hometown. lebron brought the championship to his home state and fulfilled his hype.

would've won more than duncan if he played with ginobili parker robinson kawhi and in pop's system with a quality coach for the first time in his career - and that's just a fact. :oldlol:

red1
03-25-2020, 01:23 PM
Sorry to tell you bitch boy

But Kyrie broke the Cleveland curse :lol

Now sit down ****** boy.

Duncan is top 10 Goat, while Lebron is outside looking in =(

kyrie is my dawg, he took a lot of souls for me. thats my dude. :applause:

I just wish he wasnt a fragile bitch because lebron would've had ANOTHER finals mvps in 2015 if he just had kyrie. lebron was the best player in the finals and playoffs that year by far because he was literally a one man team. didnt even need kevin love that year. :oldlol:

DoctorP
03-25-2020, 01:35 PM
updated results
https://i.ibb.co/p0CM4vW/popopo.jpg

SouBeachTalents
03-25-2020, 01:38 PM
updated results
https://i.ibb.co/p0CM4vW/popopo.jpg
We can see that shit in huge font at the top of the page :lol Just weird you keep posting that like it's invisible

Mr Feeny
03-25-2020, 01:38 PM
Obviously lebron is ahead. He's a top 2 player while Duncan is probably 8th or so.

Having said that, they - along with Shaq - are the 3 greatest players since Jordan. It isnt an insult to say that duncan is below Lebron.

DoctorP
03-25-2020, 01:40 PM
We can see that shit in huge font at the top of the page :lol Just weird you keep posting that like it's invisible

:lol

my posts dont update to real time results so they time stamp the current result

the old pics dont say the current result. you see the progression...blabla

ImKobe
03-25-2020, 02:03 PM
Duncan is someone who had finals series' in his prime playing at borderline all-star, Stoudemire/Boozer level...

LeBron would never.

LeBron since 2012 is far more dominant. Thats just a fact.

???

He could score like Stoudemire/Boozer while also playing at a DPOY level, those guys were terrible on that side of the court. Are you serious?

The man averaged 25/15/5 with 3 blocks for a title run... in one of the toughest defensive eras. 25/17/5 with 5 blocks a game in the damn Finals with a 20/20/10 8 block game in the close-out. Yes, he was no Kobe Bryant, but he's still a top 5 player all-time.

dreamshake
03-25-2020, 02:49 PM
There's a reason this thread is 12 pages long and the poll is tied. Filled with insecure LeBron stans trying to make false claims about LeBron surpassing Duncan.

The reality is knowledgeable basketball fans have Duncan ahead of LeBron all time. Only the stat geeks and media outlets who never played basketball feed the false hype.

5 rings as the Spurs best player trumps 3 rings as the best player all day, every day. LeBron's still got a couple of mountains to climb before he even ties Duncan in that department. Earned, not given right?

FKAri
03-25-2020, 03:12 PM
???

He could score like Stoudemire/Boozer while also playing at a DPOY level, those guys were terrible on that side of the court. Are you serious?

The man averaged 25/15/5 with 3 blocks for a title run... in one of the toughest defensive eras. 25/17/5 with 5 blocks a game in the damn Finals with a 20/20/10 8 block game in the close-out. Yes, he was no Kobe Bryant, but he's still a top 5 player all-time.

It was a cupcake era for big men. Everybody in the Continental United States above 6'11 who wasn't permanently hospitalized was in the NBA.

There's a reason this thread is 12 pages long and the poll is tied. Filled with insecure LeBron stans trying to make false claims about LeBron surpassing Duncan.

The reality is knowledgeable basketball fans have Duncan ahead of LeBron all time. Only the stat geeks and media outlets who never played basketball feed the false hype.

5 rings as the Spurs best player trumps 3 rings as the best player all day, every day. LeBron's still got a couple of mountains to climb before he even ties Duncan in that department. Earned, not given right?

If you're using the term "knowledgeable basketball fan" on internet message boards you're already a nerd.

red1
03-25-2020, 03:39 PM

this board is full of trolls and haters - thats why I love it. you need people to clown and slap around. according to 3ball lebron isnt even top 15. "buh buh ray allen and kyrie" :roll:

lebron actually brought a ring to his hometown and his homestate. and thats despite playing with absolute garbage the first chunk of his career. he STILL went back and won them the ring.

how many athletes can say that? singlehandedly put cleveland and ohio on the sports map. :oldlol:

how many years was it before they won in any sport again? if you got ol' Goat James on your side its just a matter of time until you win something. :oldlol:

red1
03-25-2020, 03:43 PM
Ol' Goat James

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b0/74/89/b074896e4ad889b2aaf905a34cdf373a.jpg
https://uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/goat-james.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/56/18/ef/5618efd40bf8f9c851105ffadb27a8a0.jpg

aj1987
03-25-2020, 03:50 PM
look at AJ scrambling cause he mad .
Scrambling? I've done nothing but post FACTS and STATS. I dare you to refute anything I've said. You can't, because they're FACTS, and you're out here throwing a fit like a girl on her period.

lNot worth my time.
Just admit that you lost and move on little one. You're just embarrassing yourself.

lKblaze is right...no point to even debate stans on here because they are just delusional.
True that and you're living proof of it. Not to mention the fact that you've yet to post anything to substantiate a single argument of yours.

lI could post stats upon stats that show how Duncan destroyed Lebron on the biggest stage (usually WCF) against better opponents but again, what's the point.
Go ahead. I dare you. Again, I'm pretty sure that you'll go on an irrelevant rant, which has nothing to do with the statement I'm replying to, so I'll clarify. I dare you to post "stats upon stats that show how Duncan destroyed LeBron on the biggest stage". Leaving out the WCF part being the biggest stage, because only retards like yourself would consider the Conference Finals to be bigger than the actual Finals.

lThe L I'm taking here is for even trying to engage this in the first place.
Nah, the L you're holding is for having a single digit IQ and being a complete and utter retard in the first place.

I'm out.
Well, it's about time you stopped putting your autism on display. :cheers:

EDIT: Just saw your reply to SouBeach. Holy shit, you're a ****ing retard of the highest order. I could tear that post to shreds, but you're just not worth my time. I'll just leave this bit though. You're hyping up the Spurs beating the '05 Pistons (one of the greatest defenses according to you, but they weren't even the best defense in the league that season :roll:), but I'm sure you haven't been following basketball back then. Wade, was one rib injury away from beating those Pistons with a mediocre team. Oh, and he won games against them while playing with the flu. This was a sophomore Wade, BTW.

red1
03-25-2020, 03:57 PM
cant even lie I've seen AJ bodybag 3ball and other trolls so many times I lost count.

3ball always gets it the worst. :roll:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EasyInbornIndianhare-max-1mb.gif
https://media1.tenor.com/images/78d1e3f91b7fe39b401d9fc872fef703/tenor.gif

ImKobe
03-25-2020, 04:06 PM
It was a cupcake era for big men. Everybody in the Continental United States above 6'11 who wasn't permanently hospitalized was in the NBA.

If you're using the term "knowledgeable basketball fan" on internet message boards you're already a nerd.

"cupcake era", yet the only superstar bigs are Shaq, Duncan & Garnett and Shaq was the only one listed as a C & Duncan was the only defensive player capable of limiting Shaq. Remember how bad Hakeem looked in the early 2000s? How many great bigs were there? It was the era of the SG/SF that featured AI, Kobe, VC, T-Mac, Allen & Pierce. They added the defensive 3 second rule in the early 2000s so how was it the cupcake era? The big man era was clearly in the 90s. 03 Duncan dominated Shaq on both ends.

72-10
03-26-2020, 11:16 PM
I think LeBron has shown more skill than Tim; LeBron has been the worse player, though.

Mr Feeny
03-27-2020, 03:35 AM
I think LeBron has shown more skill than Tim; LeBron has been the worse player, though.

Duncan is really skilled. He is fundamentally sound. But he isnt as athletic as Lebron. If the discussion is about who the better player is, I think almost everyone agrees he's just a header Dncan.

Duncan21formvp
05-25-2020, 09:55 PM
Duncan has always been better.

Axe
05-25-2020, 09:58 PM
Lmao why the ridiculous bump on these threads all of a sudden?

RRR3
05-25-2020, 10:07 PM
Lmao why the ridiculous bump on these threads all of a sudden?
Guess he wants to get banned again. LeBron has ruined his mind. Poor fella.

light
05-25-2020, 10:52 PM
5>3? 🤔

Check ESPN's All-Time Top 74 list again:

LeBron is 2, Wade is 26
Duncan is 8, Leonard is 25, Ginobili is 58, Parker is 70

Axe
05-25-2020, 11:32 PM

LeBron is 2, Wade is 26
So?

Why are you responding to a two-month old reply of mine? :oldlol:

aj1987
05-29-2020, 11:11 AM
Duncan has always been better.

Yep. Better at leading teams to bronze medals during his PEAK.

guy
05-29-2020, 01:12 PM

LeBron is 2, Wade is 26

Kawhi being over Wade is pretty terrible. Not sure how thats an argument.

light
05-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Duncan 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs
LeBron 4 MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs

LeBron is also better than Duncan at nearly everything and he can also do Duncan's job if he had to.

Hasn't LeBron been ranked a top 2/3 power forward in the NBA for several years now?

GMs ranked LeBron the #3 PF in the league this year.

LeBron was ranked by GMs as a better Power Forward than Tim Duncan in a few seasons.

fsvr54
05-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Duncan

Stiff arming and traveling to the rim with your linebacker body isn't a legit basketball skill.

Lebron23
05-29-2020, 06:56 PM
Duncan

Stiff arming and traveling to the rim with your linebacker body isn't a legit basketball skill.

You're an idiot. Still mad at LeBron because he eliminated your Hawks several times in the playoffs.

fsvr54
05-29-2020, 07:25 PM
You're an idiot. Still mad at LeBron because he eliminated your Hawks several times in the playoffs.

I'm not a child, I don't hold grudges.

I just call it like I see it.

tpols
05-29-2020, 07:46 PM
Old Duncan was 11-5 against him in the playoffs and had him sh0ok out his shoes in every series.

'07 and '14 blowouts, '13 sag.

:confusedshrug:

Lebron23
05-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Old Duncan was 11-5 against him in the playoffs and had him sh0ok out his shoes in every series.

How many points did he averaged?? Spurs beat him. Duncan was putting up averaged numbers against his team.

Lebron23
05-29-2020, 08:02 PM
I'm not a child, I don't hold grudges.

I just call it like I see it.

Espn and sports illustrated ranked him over team duncan. Lebron is the superior individual player.

Duncan21formvp
05-29-2020, 10:16 PM
Kawhi being over Wade is pretty terrible. Not sure how thats an argument.

I agree with that. Also Pippen much higher than Ewing and Drexler is a crime. Might as well put Hondo ahead of Oscar if that is the case.

Axe
05-29-2020, 11:35 PM
Duncan 2 MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs
LeBron 4 MVPs, 3 Finals MVPs

LeBron is also better than Duncan at nearly everything and he can also do Duncan's job if he had to.

Hasn't LeBron been ranked a top 2/3 power forward in the NBA for several years now?

GMs ranked LeBron the #3 PF in the league this year.

LeBron was ranked by GMs as a better Power Forward than Tim Duncan in a few seasons.
Duncan was a better defensive player

dreamshake
05-29-2020, 11:37 PM
The poll don’t lie.

Axe
05-30-2020, 06:42 PM

21-15 all-time, rs and po combined.

Duncan21formvp
06-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Yep. Better at leading teams to bronze medals during his PEAK.

That was Lebron in 2004 and 2006.

aj1987
06-10-2020, 01:10 AM

Lets have this conversation when Duncan wins a gold in the Olympics. Oh wait.. :roll:

Lebron23
06-10-2020, 01:13 AM

Tim Bronzecan

rmt
06-10-2020, 06:55 PM

LeBron is 2, Wade is 26

Manu ahead of Parker? - much less 12 spots ahead is a disgrace! Overall, Parker was more important to the Spurs than Manu - I know some of you like the flash and style of Manu, but Parker was a workhorse for the Spurs - did what he was told night after night and didn't cost Spurs championshipS.

aj1987
06-14-2020, 03:21 PM
Manu ahead of Parker? - much less 12 spots ahead is a disgrace! Overall, Parker was more important to the Spurs than Manu - I know some of you like the flash and style of Manu, but Parker was a workhorse for the Spurs - did what he was told night after night and didn't cost Spurs championshipS.

People forget that Parker was in legit MVP discussions in '12 and '13. There's still dozens of articles from back then, where people was making a case for him being the MVP.

ELITEpower23
06-14-2020, 03:29 PM
So?

Why are you responding to a two-month old reply of mine? :oldlol:

Because you are a moron that deserves punishment of course

6911 > *

Axe
06-15-2020, 11:24 PM
Because you are a moron that deserves punishment of course

6911 > *
Coming from a stupid ass dup after your other dups got banned each time? 🥴

Bitch please...

DoctorP
06-15-2020, 11:28 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-09-2015/sy1mN-.gif

The people have spoken: IT IS DUNCAN

dreamshake
06-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Poll ain't even close. Duncan in a landslide.

deathawaitu
06-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Poll ain't even close. Duncan in a landslide.

If you takes away all the Lebron stan alts who voted, it's not even close

I mean this is pretty much the general consensus among Nba/basketball fans

Duncan is a cemented top 10 players, GOAT PF.

Lebron is a cemented top 20 players, 2nd best SF (for now, Durant and Kawhi might catch up)

Lebron has nothing to be ashamed of, top 20 is a great achievement consider his lack of basketball IQ and skills

Axe
06-18-2020, 07:23 PM
Bran is still in the top 10 but obviously, there are just loyalists here whom only make him look overrated which is a sad thing to think about.

Duncan21formvp
06-18-2020, 11:15 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-09-2015/sy1mN-.gif

The people have spoken: IT IS DUNCAN

Exactly!

aj1987
07-29-2020, 07:19 AM
If you takes away all the Lebron stan alts who voted, it's not even close

I mean this is pretty much the general consensus among Nba/basketball fans

Duncan is a cemented top 10 players, GOAT PF.

Lebron is a cemented top 20 players, 2nd best SF (for now, Durant and Kawhi might catch up)

Lebron has nothing to be ashamed of, top 20 is a great achievement consider his lack of basketball IQ and skills

If you take out all the sub 10 digit IQ voters, LeBron would be +30 on the voting.

There's a reason why LeBron is the CONSENSUS top 3 GOAT. Does anyone have Duncan in their top 5, let alone top 3?

knicksman
07-29-2020, 07:50 AM
this board is full of trolls and haters - thats why I love it. you need people to clown and slap around. according to 3ball lebron isnt even top 15. "buh buh ray allen and kyrie" :roll:

lebron actually brought a ring to his hometown and his homestate. and thats despite playing with absolute garbage the first chunk of his career. he STILL went back and won them the ring.

how many athletes can say that? singlehandedly put cleveland and ohio on the sports map. :oldlol:

how many years was it before they won in any sport again? if you got ol' Goat James on your side its just a matter of time until you win something. :oldlol:

once you form superteam, it means you quit on your career. You are no longer aiming for the GOAT title and just wants to win a ring before you retire. Thats why bostons big 3 werent hated coz they understood that they are no longer in contention while lebron still wants to contend. Thats why we have lebron not in the top 10 coz his rings are basically no value at all. Theres a reason why players always take a jab at lebron by having kobe over him coz they just dont respect his rings.

Lebron23
10-06-2020, 11:46 PM
Never compared Duncan to LeBron. Lebron with more finals mvp than Timmy after this series. And also double'd his regular season MVP. Duncan at aged 35 averaged 12 ppg against the Grizzlies.

francesco totti
10-07-2020, 02:09 PM
Lebron

Next discussion.

kawhileonard2
10-07-2020, 03:44 PM
Duncan

Mr. Woke
10-07-2020, 03:49 PM
Gimme LeBron any day of the week.

Better player and also more likable IMO.

Mr. Woke
10-07-2020, 03:51 PM
once you form superteam, it means you quit on your career. You are no longer aiming for the GOAT title and just wants to win a ring before you retire. Thats why bostons big 3 werent hated coz they understood that they are no longer in contention while lebron still wants to contend. Thats why we have lebron not in the top 10 coz his rings are basically no value at all. Theres a reason why players always take a jab at lebron by having kobe over him coz they just dont respect his rings.

Your logic makes zero sense IMO.

Kiddlovesnets
10-07-2020, 04:51 PM
Lebron is slightly higher now and a title will put him above Duncan for good. However another loss in NBA finals will drop him out of top 5 all time, and Duncan will be above him.

RRR3
10-07-2020, 04:58 PM
D-Durrrrr huhhh durrrr duhhh
:facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
10-07-2020, 05:30 PM

Whats wrong with you quoting a message that I didnt even write?

Nike D'Antoni
10-18-2020, 07:03 PM
Tim Duncan won this poll.

8Ball
10-18-2020, 07:37 PM
This was before LeQuattro happened.

PeroAntic
10-18-2020, 07:39 PM

So with one title he managed to pass both Duncan AND Jordan?

And1AllDay
10-18-2020, 07:52 PM
So with one title he managed to pass both Duncan AND Jordan?

why you so shook? bran is 1. kobe 2. mike 3. get over it. rose is like 200

red1
10-18-2020, 08:22 PM
4 finals MVPs. Case closed. :pimp:

kawhileonard2
10-18-2020, 11:14 PM
4 finals MVPs. Case closed. :pimp:

Only beat and old Duncan and then got torched by a prime Duncan. When both in prime Duncan swept Lebron

kawhileonard2
10-31-2020, 10:27 PM
Old Duncan beat Prime/Peak Lebron let that sink in for a second. And this with Lebron having two other stars on the team that actually made the allstar team that season and this when the Spurs had 1 guy who was all NBA 2nd team and old as dirt.:lol

SouBeachTalents
10-31-2020, 10:34 PM
With LeBron surpassing him in MVP's, All-NBA and now FMVP's?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CleverPointedFerret-size_restricted.gif

kawhileonard2
10-31-2020, 10:54 PM

That's easy to do when you jump from team to team. Imagine Duncan doing that.

1987_Lakers
10-31-2020, 11:10 PM
That's easy to do when you jump from team to team. Imagine Duncan doing that.

Duncan without Popovich is nothing more than an olympic bronze medalist.

8Ball
10-31-2020, 11:38 PM

He makes fun of rookie 19 year old LeBron for a bronze medal while Prime Duncan had no idea how to lead a team and win.

8Ball
10-31-2020, 11:43 PM

Yeah this argument LeBron vs Duncan is officially over.

Shooter
10-31-2020, 11:44 PM
I mean, Duncan is a great player no doubt. Real GM voted him top 5 all time I believe? Either way, this discussion should be Duncan vs Jordan.

Gougou
11-01-2020, 01:36 AM
Used to be Duncan, now Lebron, Duncan can't do stuffs without Spurs system and GOAT coach Pop. Meanwhile if Lebron joins a team he can lead them farther.

Axe
11-01-2020, 02:56 AM
Old Duncan beat Prime/Peak Lebron let that sink in for a second. And this with Lebron having two other stars on the team that actually made the allstar team that season and this when the Spurs had 1 guy who was all NBA 2nd team and old as dirt.:lol
Why did you have to bump this thread

aj1987
11-10-2020, 04:25 AM
I mean, Duncan is a great player no doubt. Real GM voted him top 5 all time I believe? Either way, this discussion should be Duncan vs Jordan.

Top 5 is a bit too generous, TBH. 7/8 is where he should be ranked. The top 5, IMO:

1. Jordan
2. LeBron
3. KAJ
4. Shaq
5. Russell

light
11-10-2020, 06:16 AM
The craziest thing about this comparison is that if I was tasked to build a team around the power forward position I would still take LeBron over Tim Duncan.

In fact, take any of the great power forwards - Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, etc. - I'm taking LeBron at PF over them too.

LeBron actually won a title at power forward against Duncan, now that I think about it.

GM's have consistently ranked LeBron James as a top 2 or 3 power forward for most of the last decade, while also ranking him as the top SF and a top 3 PG, and it's ultimately the versatility that makes the difference.

SouBeachTalents
11-10-2020, 11:18 AM
The craziest thing about this comparison is that if I was tasked to build a team around the power forward position I would still take LeBron over Tim Duncan.

In fact, take any of the great power forwards - Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, etc. - I'm taking LeBron at PF over them too.

LeBron actually won a title at power forward against Duncan, now that I think about it.

GM's have consistently ranked LeBron James as a top 2 or 3 power forward for most of the last decade, while also ranking him as the top SF and a top 3 PG, and it's ultimately the versatility that makes the difference.
I would never play Duncan at PF in this era anyway

red1
11-10-2020, 11:24 AM

Kiddlovesnets
11-10-2020, 11:20 PM
Lebron should rank higher than Duncan. He had a slight edge before the finals started, and would drop behind Duncan if he lost. However, with a victory instead his legacy improved significantly, so hes definitely above now.

kawhileonard2
04-15-2021, 10:46 PM

Lebron won 2 bronze medals. He had to join forces with guys who won as the man prior to him winning. Duncan won title before anyone else on the Spurs did. Lebron had to join forces with multiple guys who won titles prior to him. Joined with Ben Wallace, Shaq and then Wade.

aj1987
04-16-2021, 11:44 AM
Lebron won 2 bronze medals. He had to join forces with guys who won as the man prior to him winning. Duncan won title before anyone else on the Spurs did. Lebron had to join forces with multiple guys who won titles prior to him. Joined with Ben Wallace, Shaq and then Wade.

A lobotomy would legit make you "smarter".

KirbyPls
04-16-2021, 01:28 PM

LeQuattro.

kawhileonard2
04-16-2021, 09:58 PM
A lobotomy would legit make you "smarter".

Is what I said incorrect?

light
04-16-2021, 10:02 PM
What's crazy is that LeBron is a better PF than Tim Duncan.

Yep, he is.

kawhileonard2
04-16-2021, 10:19 PM
What's crazy is that LeBron is a better PF than Tim Duncan.

Yep, he is.

He got swept by Duncan and then lost in 5 to him when Lebron had a higher seed.

LAmbruh
04-16-2021, 10:44 PM

kawhileonard2
04-16-2021, 11:02 PM
Lebron was never in a dunk contest he was too afraid.

eliteballer
08-16-2021, 07:36 PM
Old man Duncan whooped him in the Finals, has more rings, better on defense, didn't need Super Teams.

rmt
08-16-2021, 09:09 PM
I would never play Duncan at PF in this era anyway

And why do people always judge in this era, anyways? Why not also judge in the late 90s/early 2000s when the game was different? What makes this era the golden standard from which all players are judged?

They do the same in tennis - judge players of past eras in this era instead of the other way around. What happens if you gave a Nadal, Djokovic or Federer a wooden racquet and put them on fast, low-bouncing grass for 3 of the 4 Grand Slams? Would Nadal or Djokovic have 19-20 Grand Slams - for sure, they wouldn't.

kawhileonard2
08-16-2021, 11:40 PM
Old man Duncan whooped him in the Finals, has more rings, better on defense, didn't need Super Teams.

Yep!

DoctorP
08-17-2021, 12:29 AM
Lebron leading 49-46 as of 8/17/2021

kawhileonard2
11-25-2021, 12:31 PM
Duncan is usually in the GOAT debate, while Lebron is usually in the top 10.