PDA

View Full Version : Do people actually not like Michael Jordan?

StrongLurk
03-20-2020, 12:02 PM
To me, it feels like all of losers out there who try to discredit MJ on any small thing don't seem to actually dislike or hate MJ...they just hate that he makes it hard for those losers to believe whoever they stan is the GOAT...or they hate MJ stans themselves.

It doesn't make any sense to hate MJ as a basketball player, dude truly elevated the NBA to new heights and was an extremely entertaining basketball player. Without MJ, there is no Kobe or Lebron in the way we know them now. MJ literally inspired all the generations after him and MADE the NBA a GUARD dominated league...there were big men BEGGING to be able to play like a guard by the late 90's.

Can anyone out there chime in and actually claim they do not like MJ the BASKETBALL player? If so, why?

ClipperRevival
03-20-2020, 12:04 PM
This should be good. Wheels about to get creative with his alts. :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
03-20-2020, 12:05 PM
I don't go out of my way to praise scumbag human beings.

LAL
03-20-2020, 12:15 PM
bronsexuals

Overdrive
03-20-2020, 12:43 PM
I hated MJ back in the day, even don't like him now, but he's GOAT. I wish someone more likable would be, but whatever.

MaxPlayer
03-20-2020, 12:49 PM
I have no real issue with MJ. Sure he's kind of an ass, but that's a huge part of what made him great. He hated to lose and played with a chip on his shoulder.

What I didn't like about him is how he became an archetype that so many subsequent players modeled their games after. And as a result we got a whole generation of inefficient mid-range chuckers like Stackhouse, McGrady, Carmelo, etc. who aped the style but didn't have the ability to win basketball games that way.

This is also one of the reasons I became such a fan of Lebron. He eschewed that model and cultivated a more Magic Johnson-style game, which I happen to prefer aesthetically and SUSPECT makes more efficient use of teammates.

LAL
03-20-2020, 01:47 PM
I have no real issue with MJ. Sure he's kind of an ass, but that's a huge part of what made him great. He hated to lose and played with a chip on his shoulder.

What I didn't like about him is how he became an archetype that so many subsequent players modeled their games after. And as a result we got a whole generation of inefficient mid-range chuckers like Stackhouse, McGrady, Carmelo, etc. who aped the style but didn't have the ability to win basketball games that way.

This is also one of the reasons I became such a fan of Lebron. He eschewed that model and cultivated a more Magic Johnson-style game, which I happen to prefer aesthetically and SUSPECT makes more efficient use of teammates.

Kobe, duncan, dwade, kobe again, dirk, duncan again, KD, Kawhi all won rings. Lebron plays the point guard role and and in his own system because he can't play off ball, has zero moves and terrible footwork.. wouldn't have lasted a month in a triangle offense.. that's why he leaves the difficult shots to his superstar teammates. 6 finals losses playing in the east. Stats tho.

red1
03-20-2020, 02:13 PM
MJ is possibly the most respected athlete of all-time

its just a shame that his stans online are all pyjama wearing goofs.

got people like 3ball, coach, some other homos that cant make a rational argument.

aj1987
03-20-2020, 03:45 PM
Kobe, duncan, dwade, kobe again, dirk, duncan again, KD, Kawhi all won rings. Lebron plays the point guard role and and in his own system because he can't play off ball, has zero moves and terrible footwork.. wouldn't have lasted a month in a triangle offense.. that's why he leaves the difficult shots to his superstar teammates. 6 finals losses playing in the east. Stats tho.
Not really difficult to win rings when you have a teammate averaging 35/15 on 55%. Give LeBron a teammate like that and he wins about 8 rings.

MaxPlayer
03-20-2020, 04:22 PM
Also, as a huge Lebron fan, I have no problem admitting that MJ was "better" by many meaningful measures.

However, that said, while MJ played with an angry intensity, Lebron, by contrast, plays with joy. Where MJ relished in relentlessly vanquishing his opponents, Lebron exudes fun, showmanship, and flair. And it makes me enjoy watching him more, even if he may not be as "great."

3ball
03-20-2020, 04:46 PM
It's funny you should say the bolded above, because NBA.com's tracking stats show that Lebron has zero attempts outside of 10 feet when the defender is 0-2 feet away.. he either passes or puts his head down and drives - a massive weakness that team's have been exploiting his whole career.. 1*/9

FKAri
03-20-2020, 04:52 PM
It's funny you should say the bolded above, because NBA.com's tracking stats show that Lebron has zero attempts outside of 10 feet when the defender is 0-2 feet away.. he either passes or puts his head down and drives

Just like Shaq. LeBeast.

3ball
03-20-2020, 05:03 PM
people have a hard time liking someone that is #1 in everything or so far ahead of everyone.

Especially if they are kind of an asshole

And especially when fans don't have the knowledge to appreciate someone that shreds defenders within seconds of catching the ball, rather than having the long dribbling foray they normally associate with being good at basketball..

it's like, scoring faster is actually better and harder than the long dribbling foray, but kids don't realize that, or know enough about the game to appreciate it

So they think MJ is overrated and actually think a perennial loser and underdog who can't shoot great from anywhere on the court is better

Manny98
03-20-2020, 05:19 PM
I like MJ and I think he's the GOAT but some of his fans are annoying when they constantly bash LeBron just because of there stupid insecuritys

3ball
03-20-2020, 05:20 PM
I like MJ and I think he's the GOAT but some of his fans are annoying when they constantly bash LeBron just because of there stupid insecuritys
Nah, I just like fkin with you guys..

Unfortunately for you, you're defending an asset that's declining in value as we speak.. one ring from KD and Lebron is forgotten, while Giannis/Kawhi are moving up too.. that's enough make people just say "top 10" when ranking Lebron, to be safe

Norcaliblunt
03-20-2020, 05:20 PM
I hated Jordan. I rooted against him every frickin time. And he won.

I never really felt anyway about Lebron. The one time I rooted for him he lost.

3ball
03-20-2020, 05:25 PM
I hated Jordan. I rooted against him every frickin time. And he won.

I never really felt anyway about Lebron. The one time I rooted for him he lost.
:roll::roll:

red1
03-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Nah, I just like fkin with you guys..

Unfortunately for you, you're defending an asset that's declining in value as we speak.. one ring from KD and Lebron is forgotten, while Giannis/Kawhi are moving up too.. that's enough make people just say "top 10" when ranking Lebron, to be safe

you argued that mo williams and scottie pippen are the same level of player :oldlol:

you lost every argument when lebron won 3 finals MVPs - I think its safe to say you can suck my balls fakkit. :oldlol:

I still need you to admit that lebron is top 5 because you argue that he isnt top 15 - more like top 3 all-time :oldlol:

red1
03-20-2020, 05:37 PM

you gotta learn english bro you cant give nerdy virgin **** like 3ball any ammo to use

3ball
03-20-2020, 05:51 PM
You argued that mo williams and scottie pippen are the same level of player :oldlol:

09' Mo was clearly much better than 89' Pippen:

09' Mo Will RS... 18/3/4.. 58.8 ts.. 115 ORtg.. 17.1 PER.. 0.165 ws/48.. 2.3 bpm.. 3.1 vorp
89' Pippen RS'... 14/6/4.. 52.4 ts.. 102 ORtg.. 14.9 PER.. 0.080 ws/48.. 1.4 bpm.. 2.1 vorp

09' Mo Will ECF...... 18/3/4.. 50.5 ts.. 102 ORtg.. #3 team defense.. lost to #4 SRS (2 all-stars)
89' Pippen 1st Rd... 15/9/4.. 51.0 ts.. 102 ORtg.. #11 team defense.. beat #1 SRS (3 all-stars*)

* plus 20/5/5 Ron Harper

Looks like Lebron had the far better cast but lost to a worse team than MJ defeated in 89'.. :confusedshrug:

So Lebron's 09' loss as the favorite was clearly a black mark because MJ was like 10-0 in series with that kind of help on both sides of the ball

red1
03-20-2020, 05:53 PM
09' Mo was clearly much better than 89' Pippen:

09' Mo Will RS... 18/3/4.. 58.8 ts.. 115 ORtg.. 17.1 PER.. 0.165 ws/48.. 2.3 bpm.. 3.1 vorp
89' Pippen RS'... 14/6/4.. 52.4 ts.. 102 ORtg.. 14.9 PER.. 0.080 ws/48.. 1.4 bpm.. 2.1 vorp

09' Mo Will ECF...... 18/3/4.. 50.5 ts.. 102 ORtg.. #3 team defense.. lost to #4 SRS (2 all-stars)
89' Pippen 1st Rd... 15/9/4.. 51.0 ts.. 102 ORtg.. #11 team defense.. beat #1 SRS (3 all-stars*)

* plus 20/5/5 Ron Harper

Looks like Lebron had the far better cast but lost to a worse team than MJ defeated in 89'..So Lebron's 09' loss as the favorite was clearly a black mark and MJ would've won against the weaker opponent and with the greater help on BOTH ends of the floor (cavs had the better defense than 89' bulls)

dude you're just lucky that all of the old threads were deleted. I'd bump everything you ever posted. :oldlol:

you thought jordan would've won with the 09-10 cavs - thought MJ would turn mo williams into pippen - what on earth ever deluded you into thinking that? :oldlol: :roll:

3ball
03-20-2020, 06:01 PM
dude you're just lucky that all of the old threads were deleted. I'd bump everything you ever posted. :oldlol:

you thought jordan would've won with the 09-10 cavs - thought MJ would turn mo williams into pippen - what on earth ever deluded you into thinking that? :oldlol: :roll:
Jordan never lost with a 1 seed, like Lebron had in 09' and 10', or a 2 seed, like Lebron had in 11' and 14'.

Jordan also never lost with a 15 ppg sidekick and a top defense like Lebron had in 09' and 10'..

Lebron had the #3 defense and got 18 on 38% from Mo, but lost to the #4 SRS Magic as the favorite, while MJ had less than that when he beat the #1 SRS Cavs as an underdog in 89'.. MJ was simply far greater

red1
03-20-2020, 06:08 PM
Jordan never lost with a 1 seed, like Lebron had in 09' and 10', or a 2 seed, like Lebron had in 11' and 14'.

Jordan also never lost with a 15 ppg sidekick and a top defense like Lebron had in 09' and 10'..

Lebron had the #3 defense and got 18 on 38% from Mo, but lost to the #4 SRS Magic as the favorite, while MJ had less than that when he beat the #1 SRS Cavs as an underdog in 89'.. MJ was simply far greater

blah blah blah.

all circumstantial. you actually think MJ and lebron had comparable career trajectories as well. thats why you're always wrong, you just aren't that smart.

of course you aren't. same guy who is delusional (or dumb) enough to think that MJ and mo williams is a championship winning tandem in the modern era. :oldlol:

3ball
03-20-2020, 06:11 PM
blah blah blah.

all circumstantial. you actually think MJ and lebron had comparable career trajectories as well. thats why you're always wrong, you just aren't that smart.

of course you aren't. same guy who is delusional (or dumb) enough to think that MJ and mo williams is a championship winning tandem in the modern era. :oldlol:
What's the tougher path:

- building a lottery team into a champion

- landing on the league favorite 3 times

red1
03-20-2020, 06:12 PM
What's the tougher path:

- building a lottery team into a champion

- landing on the league favorite 3 times

dude. I need you to admit right now that lebron is top 10.

and more than that I need you to admit that he's top 5.

and then you can FINALLY admit that you were wrong about every argument.

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 06:12 PM
blah blah blah.

of course you aren't. same guy who is delusional (or dumb) enough to think that MJ and mo williams is a championship winning tandem in the modern era. :oldlol: True dat. Mo overall stats is lower than Pippen's.

3ball
03-20-2020, 06:16 PM
True dat. Mo overall stats is lower than Pippen's.

Not in 89':

* plus 20/5/5 Ron Harper

Looks like Lebron had the far better cast but lost to a worse team than MJ defeated in 89'.. :confusedshrug:

So Lebron's 09' loss as the favorite was clearly a black mark because MJ was like 10-0 in series with that kind of help on both sides of the ball

red1
03-20-2020, 06:18 PM
Not in 89':

* plus 20/5/5 Ron Harper

dude, if we're going with circumstantial evidence you do realize you will never win right? MJ is LITERALLY 1-9 without pippen, no pip no chip. just facts.

let alone winning with TWO different franchises - oh wait its all circumstance mj never did it so he COULDNT do it - and thats also a fact by your logic. :oldlol:

superduper
03-20-2020, 06:20 PM

Bran brings the bashing onto himself with his insecurities.

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 06:28 PM
Ok fine. LeBron lost as the favorite and its a blackmark. It all good for me.

But I would pick Pip over mo hes the perfect sidekick.

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 06:29 PM

Just stop. EDIT: Srry dude you cool. (wrong post, lol)

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 06:30 PM
Bran brings the bashing onto himself with his insecurities. u cool. :cheers:

red1
03-20-2020, 06:48 PM
Ok fine. LeBron lost as the favorite and its a blackmark. It all good for me.

But I would pick Pip over mo hes the perfect sidekick.
no it isnt. what are you talking about. :oldlol:

jordan would've gotten swept (he would) if he carried the cavs to that favorite record (he wouldn't).

3ball
03-20-2020, 06:50 PM
no it isnt. what are you talking about. :oldlol:

jordan would've gotten swept (he would) if he carried the cavs to that favorite record (he wouldn't).
Everyone was carrying weak teams to the Finals in that decade, but Lebron ceded the easy run in 09' to Dwight's weak and injured cast, despite being a massive -700 favorite

That's a fkin black mark brah

Especially when the opposing coach said they "let him dribble and get stats".. aka his long-term, dribble style was preferred over ball movement, aka he was exploited

Turbo Slayer
03-20-2020, 07:07 PM
I like this dunk...

https://media.giphy.com/media/XK4SLmvDdNYEU/giphy.gif

There was something about MJ that I cant describe. The man was poetry in motion. Wow... :biggums: It feels like he was floating in the air forever.

red1
03-20-2020, 07:10 PM
Everyone was carrying weak teams to the Finals in that decade, but Lebron ceded the easy run in 09' to Dwight's weak and injured cast, despite being a massive -700 favorite

That's a fkin black mark brah

Especially when the opposing coach said they "let him dribble and get stats".. aka his long-term, dribble style was preferred over ball movement, aka he was exploited

dude. you already lost.

bran ball = rings - multiple rings.

pippen is LEAGUES better than mo williams. jordan would be ringless if that was his running mate.

john salley's take on pippen :oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Ie6oT8Q_k

FKAri
03-20-2020, 07:35 PM
I don't mind him. I just can't respect him. I know I shouldn't be prejudiced but it's a visceral thing. I just can't get myself to respect a man with such a tiny dicc.

red1
03-20-2020, 07:36 PM
I don't mind him. I just can't respect him. I know I shouldn't be prejudiced but it's a visceral thing. I just can't get myself to respect a man with such a tiny dicc.
:roll:

careful with the dicc insults bro. you'll have coach out here HEATED, ready to fight 15 rounds to defend MJ's dicc size in no-time

3ball
03-20-2020, 07:43 PM
Look at the matrix code directly (stats) - they say MJ is #1 in PPG, PER, BPM, WS/48, clutch, rings in modern era as best player, and Finals record (team ceiling)

FKAri
03-20-2020, 07:46 PM
:roll:

careful with the dicc insults bro. you'll have coach out here HEATED, ready to fight 15 rounds to defend MJ's dicc size in no-time

Coach does seem passionate on the topic. A kind of dicc connoisseur, if you will. Though it is unsettling that he spends his nights focused on diccs and his days as a trusted authority figure to young boys in shorts. I guess the priesthood didn't accept him.

red1
03-20-2020, 07:49 PM
Coach does seem passionate on the topic. A kind of dicc connoisseur, if you will. Though it is unsettling that he spends his nights focused on diccs and his days as a trusted authority figure to young boys in shorts. I guess the priesthood didn't accept him.

I just find it shady when people online have to fight so hard to defend another mans literal dicc size - again arent measuring girth on the court here we are literally talking about dicc size - all hearsay from madonna anyways according to coach and 3ball

HylianNightmare
03-20-2020, 09:25 PM

Amen

Smoke117
03-20-2020, 09:28 PM
To me, it feels like all of losers out there who try to discredit MJ on any small thing don't seem to actually dislike or hate MJ...they just hate that he makes it hard for those losers to believe whoever they stan is the GOAT...or they hate MJ stans themselves.

It doesn't make any sense to hate MJ as a basketball player, dude truly elevated the NBA to new heights and was an extremely entertaining basketball player. Without MJ, there is no Kobe or Lebron in the way we know them now. MJ literally inspired all the generations after him and MADE the NBA a GUARD dominated league...there were big men BEGGING to be able to play like a guard by the late 90's.

Can anyone out there chime in and actually claim they do not like MJ the BASKETBALL player? If so, why?

Stick to your 3ball account, fakkot.

Smoke117
03-20-2020, 09:32 PM

True. It has nothing to do with you being an obsessive ****ing weirdo fakkot or anything.

PeroAntic
03-20-2020, 09:57 PM
Not people, just Bransvestites.

Smoke117
03-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Not people, just Bransvestites.

You have to love the irony of one of the dumbest pieces of trash calling out others. A guy who goes out of his way to stan garbage. You're possibly the biggest joke on the board, shithead.

PeroAntic
03-20-2020, 11:10 PM
You have to love the irony of one of the dumbest pieces of trash calling out others. A guy who goes out of his way to stan garbage. You're possibly the biggest joke on the board, shithead.

suck my dick retard

86Celtics
03-21-2020, 05:06 AM
I like this dunk...

https://media.giphy.com/media/XK4SLmvDdNYEU/giphy.gif

There was something about MJ that I cant describe. The man was poetry in motion. Wow... :biggums: It feels like he was floating in the air forever.

You could argue about others being the GOAT but from an aesthetic point of view... no one comes close. Perhaps Julius Erving and a few others that I am forgetting but none who would be in the same stratosphere as an overall player. He really was the most complete player you could imagine.

Turbo Slayer
03-21-2020, 10:09 AM
You could argue about others being the GOAT but from an aesthetic point of view... no one comes close. Perhaps Julius Erving and a few others that I am forgetting but none who would be in the same stratosphere as an overall player. He really was the most complete player you could imagine.

Well said! :applause:

Da_Realist
03-21-2020, 08:14 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-QGM0T5TdPs

Axe
04-14-2020, 06:40 PM
Mj will never be goat as he is very selfish in the finals.

Nuff said.

Wally450
04-14-2020, 06:50 PM
I love how the go-to is just straight up comparing raw stats to convince yourself a below average role player is better than a gritty second option.

Axe
04-14-2020, 06:55 PM
Lmfao 3ball suddenly deleting his most recent post here. 🤣

Manny98
04-14-2020, 06:56 PM
I love his shoes that's about it

3ball
04-14-2020, 07:00 PM
Mj will never be goat as he is very selfish in the finals.

Nuff said.

The greatest offense of all time had a 115.6 ortg (87' Lakers and 17' Warriors)

So players with 116+ ortg (MJ and Lebron) have the green light to shoot over any other option.... But only MJ did this and shot high volume, thereby playing optimally in accordance with his elite ortg.. otoh, lebron frequently has insufficient volume in part because the stats show he both avoids and isn't capable of contested shot-making

Atlantis
04-14-2020, 08:07 PM
I'll be honest. I don't think his game is that creative. I don't find his game to be beautiful. As soon as Michael Jordan lost his otherwordly athleticism (after 1st retirement), I don't enjoy watching his highlights anymore.

DoctorP
04-14-2020, 08:08 PM
i bet chamillionaire hates him.