PDA

View Full Version : Giannis is an overwhelming MVP favorite

ImKobe
03-23-2020, 03:23 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/beatsow28925674/had-lebron-james-closed-gap-giannis-antetokounmpo-nba-mvp-race

In a survey of 70 media members who cover the league, Antetokounmpo was the clear leader in MVP balloting, earning 60 of the 70 possible first-place votes to open a commanding lead over James, who had an equally commanding lead over the rest of the field.

To make the balloting process realistic, ESPN sought to mimic the league's official voting process as closely as possible. Our MVP voting panel includes a mixture of local beat writers from across the league, as well as national and international reporters, just as the NBA's does at the conclusion of the regular season. And, to conform to the NBA's voting system, every first-place vote is worth 10 points, followed by seven for second place, five for third, three for fourth and one for fifth.

Using that rubric, Antetokounmpo led the way with 670 of a possible 700 points, as he was listed in second place behind James on the 10 ballots where he wasn't listed first. James, meanwhile, was second with 514 points, and was either first or second on 68 of the 70 submitted ballots, finishing third on one and fourth on another.

https://i.gyazo.com/8e786b684364ddda2ade65c954134b00.png

bullettooth
03-23-2020, 03:31 PM
The disrespect towards Anthony Davis....

ArbitraryWater
03-23-2020, 03:32 PM
this is disgusting

ArbitraryWater
03-23-2020, 03:33 PM
which clowns had lebron 3rd and 4th

they should have their license revoked

dreamshake
03-23-2020, 03:36 PM
this is disgusting

I know right. Davis has clearly been the Lakers best player all year, leading them in most statistical categories.

TheImmortal
03-23-2020, 04:15 PM
this is disgusting

That's what Davis gets for stacking the deck with LeClown. No respect from the NBA community. Hope this fruit loop learns his lesson going forward when the NBA is ready for business in 2021. Karma is a b*****.

superduper
03-23-2020, 04:38 PM
Its between Giannis or AD

Mr Feeny
03-23-2020, 04:58 PM
How is Anthont Davis behind Lebron? Besides the media wanting to push the Lebron narrative, what other possible reason could there be for lebron to be anywhere near the top 3 in mvp voting?

SouBeachTalents
03-23-2020, 05:00 PM
How is Anthont Davis behind Lebron? Besides the media wanting to push the Lebron narrative, what other possible reason could there be for lebron to be anywhere near the top 3 in mvp voting?
Anywhere near top 3 :lol Who would LeBron not deserve to be anywhere near in MVP voting this year?

Mr Feeny
03-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Anywhere near top 3 :lol Who would LeBron not deserve to be anywhere near in MVP voting this year?

Maybe you can rephrase your question. I'm not sure what you mean.

RRR3
03-23-2020, 05:01 PM

Check the Lakers on/off stats

SouBeachTalents
03-23-2020, 05:02 PM
Maybe you can rephrase your question. I'm not sure what you mean.
You said there's no reason for LeBron to be anywhere near top 3 in MVP voting, I was asking who are the 3+ players you think he shouldn't be near for MVP

Mr Feeny
03-23-2020, 05:02 PM
Check the Lakers on/off stats

Check PER and win shares. Check ppg. Check rpg. Check spg. Check bpg. Check fg%.

Mr Feeny
03-23-2020, 05:04 PM
You said there's no reason for LeBron to be anywhere near top 3 in MVP voting, I was asking who are the 3+ players he shouldn't be near

I see. I've got Giannis as the number 1 guy by a wide margin. Davis and Harden behind him but neither is even relevant because I don't think even they should be close to Giannis in terms of votes.

ArbitraryWater
03-23-2020, 05:04 PM
Check PER and win shares. Check ppg. Check rpg. Check spg. Check bpg. Check fg%.

Why would you value those over on/off, when the difference is miniscule in every single one of them but bpg, but huge in on/off?

You are reaching severe retardation

Mr Feeny
03-23-2020, 05:06 PM
Why would you value those over on/off, when the difference is miniscule in every single one of them but bpg, but huge in on/off?

You are reaching severe retardation

The iraqi kid who doesn't know basic rules of the sport using the word "retardation". The irony.

ArbitraryWater
03-23-2020, 05:12 PM
The iraqi kid who doesn't know basic rules of the sport using the word "retardation". The irony.

it's never good when you are so transparent you can predict the next post word by word

Turbo Slayer
03-23-2020, 05:28 PM
Giannis deserved to win it. :applause:

aj1987
03-23-2020, 05:37 PM
I see. I've got Giannis as the number 1 guy by a wide margin. Davis and Harden behind him but neither is even relevant because I don't think even they should be close to Giannis in terms of votes.

You haven't watched basketball at all, if you think Davis or Harden have been better than LeBron.

Axe
03-23-2020, 06:18 PM
How many times did ad actually carry his new orleans team before in the playoffs?

Real Men Wear Green
03-23-2020, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't have thought Tatum is so highly regarded. Good to see.

Edit: yes I know he's only on one ballot. Still counts.

Manny98
03-23-2020, 07:02 PM
Didn't LeBron completely humiliate Giannis and Kawhi in the same weekend a few weeks ago? How is LeBron not the clear frontrunner right now, Lakers are only a few wins behind the Bucks and LeBron is clearly more VALUABLE to the Lakers than Giannis is to the Bucks

Aren't the Bucks like 5-1 without Giannis this season lol

https://youtu.be/3o9zOzmG6BY

red1
03-23-2020, 07:05 PM
giannis deserves it. Ill give it to LBJ. pure bias.

I like the way 5-time MVP sounds but thats not the MVP we really want.

Naero
03-23-2020, 08:39 PM
Of course he is. :applause:

It never really was a close-run debate; the only real question was whether or not LeBron could make it one over the remaining haul. He had more yes-sayers after that pre-suspension weekend, but the answer would've decidedly been 'no,' as we see in this mock poll, if the regular season were to end then, as it probably has.

Hard to know how much of this season—if any—is salvageable, but I'm hoping Giannis at least reaps his MVP from it since the league hosted more than enough games to dole out regular-season awards.

superduper
03-23-2020, 08:43 PM
Bran stains in 2016 = leading in all stats doe!!
Bran stains in 2020 = buh buh watch games!!

:roll:

LostCause
03-23-2020, 11:29 PM
Giannis

Davis deserves at least a few 2nd place votes for completely transforming the Lakers defense. Harden fell off recently but u can see why he gets love. Otherwise looks pretty good

Bran stains in 2016 = leading in all stats doe!!
Bran stains in 2020 = buh buh watch games!!

Lol. He’s right, you know

FireDavidKahn
03-23-2020, 11:33 PM
Giannis was rapidly trending down and LeThanos up

Keno
03-24-2020, 12:07 AM
lebron getting robbed again, nothing new here.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-24-2020, 12:08 AM
If they were still playing, Bron could've easily been MVP.

The last month or just before the ASG nobody has played better. Dude is 35 and STILL priming, straight up.

warriorfan
03-24-2020, 12:49 AM
The disrespect towards Anthony Davis....

What is interesting about this is that have two players on the same team ever tallied up more votes than LBJ and AD? It’s ironic because if AD is getting a considerable amount of votes for most valuable, then how is James going to be the most valuable? There’s only one MVP and it can’t be shared with a teammate like that, by definition and criteria of the title it is very contradicting here.

Stanley Kobrick
03-24-2020, 10:10 AM
i still can't believe lebron is a laker. who would have thought after Cavs 2016 Finals that inin a few years Kobe would be dead and lebron would be hearing MVP chants in staples center as a #1 seed

ImKobe
03-24-2020, 04:20 PM
What is interesting about this is that have two players on the same team ever tallied up more votes than LBJ and AD? It’s ironic because if AD is getting a considerable amount of votes for most valuable, then how is James going to be the most valuable? There’s only one MVP and it can’t be shared with a teammate like that, by definition and criteria of the title it is very contradicting here.

Yup, and AD is getting shafted in this Convo, these two should be splitting votes because Davis leads the Lakers in almost every statistic so he's put in the work to get the credit for it. They're 1a/1b. Davis is the best scorer & defensive player while Lebron is the playmaker.

FireDavidKahn
03-24-2020, 04:32 PM
Yup, and AD is getting shafted in this Convo, these two should be splitting votes because Davis leads the Lakers in almost every statistic so he's put in the work to get the credit for it. They're 1a/1b. Davis is the best scorer & defensive player while Lebron is the playmaker.

Ok, so then you also believe Scottie got shafted his whole career and was just as critical to the Bulls winning as MJ?

https://i.postimg.cc/k4RZypFv/FB-IMG-1525375107033.jpg

Can't have it both ways!

ImKobe
03-24-2020, 04:43 PM
Ok, so then you also believe Scottie got shafted his whole career and was just as critical to the Bulls winning as MJ?

Can't have it both ways!

Bruh, Jordan damn near doubled Pippen's scoring while making shots at a MUCH better rate. In case of AD, he leads the Lakers in ppg, rpg, spg, bpg, PER & WS while also scoring more efficiently than Bran.

Bran is Pippen. Thanks for playing.

FireDavidKahn
03-24-2020, 04:47 PM
Bruh, Jordan damn near doubled Pippen's scoring while making shots at a MUCH better rate. In case of AD, he leads the Lakers in ppg, rpg, spg, bpg, PER & WS while also scoring more efficiently than Bran.

Bran is Pippen. Thanks for playing.

So you do want it both ways.

Even AD agrees that LeThanos is the GOAT. AD is telling you that you are wrong.

Edit: 3,776 is damn near doubling 2,200? Good lord.

ImKobe
03-24-2020, 05:01 PM

So you do want it both ways.

Even AD agrees that LeThanos is the GOAT. AD is telling you that you are wrong.

Edit: 3,776 is damn near doubling 2,200? Good lord.

Yes, 2200/3776 = 58%. Pippen never led the Bulls in scoring in any series with Jordan on the court, Jordan averaged 9.5-15 more ppg in every single title run while their assists per game numbers were always close, MJ actually averaged almost 10 more ppg than Pippen in '91 while also averaging 2.6 more assists. In 1993, Jordan averaged 15 more points than Pippen while also leading the Bulls in assists while also averaging 1.3 less TOs for the title run.

Jasper
03-24-2020, 05:35 PM
It is without a doubt Giannis.... pure and simple.
Now lets look at the numbers - since the NBA has started there has 2 triple repeats Russell and Wilt.
There have been apx 16 repeats and they have all gone to the HOF except Lebron and Curry and now Giannis.
So without a doubt Giannis has solidified his HOF cred !!!!!!!!!!!

Well done my Bucky !!!

Trollsmasher
03-24-2020, 07:15 PM
asterisk MVP

literally the last memory anyone has of Giannis this season is him getting thoroughly exposed by the true MVP

scuzzy
09-04-2020, 09:08 PM
yikes

FromDowntown
09-04-2020, 09:09 PM

Can't have it both ways!

ether

Roundball_Rock
09-04-2020, 09:11 PM

Can't have it both ways!

:lol :applause:

scuzzy
Of course he is. :applause:

It never really was a close-run debate; the only real question was whether or not LeBron could make it one over the remaining haul. He had more yes-sayers after that pre-suspension weekend, but the answer would've decidedly been 'no,' as we see in this mock poll, if the regular season were to end then, as it probably has.

Hard to know how much of this season—if any—is salvageable, but I'm hoping Giannis at least reaps his MVP from it since the league hosted more than enough games to dole out regular-season awards.

Shogon
yikes

How is this yikes? He's still winning MVP, unfortunately. It's been obvious for months upon months.

It's a stupid award.

FromDowntown
09-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Yes, 2200/3776 = 58%. Pippen never led the Bulls in scoring in any series with Jordan on the court, Jordan averaged 9.5-15 more ppg in every single title run while their assists per game numbers were always close, MJ actually averaged almost 10 more ppg than Pippen in '91 while also averaging 2.6 more assists. In 1993, Jordan averaged 15 more points than Pippen while also leading the Bulls in assists while also averaging 1.3 less TOs for the title run.

:lol 58% is almost double? Uhh

Double is 100%
You know, 100% of the # = doubling it

Stay in school please