PDA

View Full Version : Current Chris Paul or Kemba Walker

KissMySwag
03-24-2020, 11:12 PM
Who would you rather have on your team not considering age/contract?

Say you have them for playoffs only and with no chance of retaining either the following year who would give your team the best chance at competing for the championship?

Smoke117
03-24-2020, 11:42 PM
Not knowing who else was on the team then Chris Paul, clearly. He's just a a better and more impactful player. With the emergence of Tatum and Brown he'd clearly be a significantly better fit on the Celtics in every regard. It would also be really nice to have him in the 4th quarter when the Celtics have screwed up plenty this season. He wasn't just the best player in the crunch and in the clutch this season, but the best by a significant margin. On both ends of the floor. Now if you have a ball dominant player like a LeBron, Harden, luka then Kemba would be a better fit as he really doesn't need to be controlling the ball to be effective. In general, though, Paul is just better.

Axe
03-24-2020, 11:47 PM
I think I'd pick chris paul though i don't know if this helps but how my times did cp3 actually led his teams to playoffs whenever he doesn't get plagued with his injuries? When he got traded to the clippers and rockets tho, he had good teammates like blake griffin and james harden. When he got to the thunder in exchange for russ, okc was expected to rebuild but somehow, the team's success greatly surpassed initial expectations under his maiden season there. Kemba walker, on the other hand, had al jefferson during the time he led his charlotte teams in two different playoffs. If kemba can flourish in his new team in boston, then that will be interesting to see. The celtics treat him as a potential replacement for kyrie irving who left in free agency for the nets.

red1
03-24-2020, 11:47 PM
cp3 no doubt.

ronniec
03-25-2020, 10:20 AM
i want a healthy player

Wally450
03-25-2020, 10:25 AM
As much as I hate CP3's antics, he's the highest IQ player of all time.

Whoah10115
03-25-2020, 10:46 AM
Kemba is great, but if the goal is title this season, I take Chris Paul.

One thing that hasn't changed is that he's still a better player than Russell Westbrook. And that isn't a knock on Westbrook.

imdaman99
03-25-2020, 11:02 AM
I would take cp3 assuming he's healthy easily and no he's not better than westbrook, he's just in a better situation to shine than he was last year, stop it. Opinions are opinions though.

Whoah10115
03-25-2020, 11:21 AM
I would take cp3 assuming he's healthy easily and no he's not better than westbrook, he's just in a better situation to shine than he was last year, stop it. Opinions are opinions though.

He's better than Westbrook. He has always been. He may not be in his prime prime but close enough and in his prime he's well above.

He has more impact on the game, hence being better.

RRR3
03-25-2020, 02:21 PM
He’s always been better than Westbrook, Imdaman. Sorry.

ImKobe
03-25-2020, 03:03 PM
CP3. Kemba's been overrated AF ever since he went to Boston. CP3 is a better passer, scorer, rebounder & defender. Kemba is a better volume 3PT shooter but that's about it, he can't finish at the rim at an efficient rate & is a terrible mid-range shooter while Paul is one of the best.

Wally450
03-25-2020, 03:31 PM
CP3. Kemba's been overrated AF ever since he went to Boston. CP3 is a better passer, scorer, rebounder & defender. Kemba is a better volume 3PT shooter but that's about it, he can't finish at the rim at an efficient rate & is a terrible mid-range shooter while Paul is one of the best.

I actually agree with your comments on Kemba. Obviously he's a better fit here than Kyrie, but from what I've watched, he's been above average at best. I saw people putting him on All NBA 3rd teams and ask myself, has he really been that good this season? Outside of a couple big scoring nights, he's just done what he's been asked of -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2020, 03:52 PM
He's better than Westbrook. He has always been. He may not be in his prime prime but close enough and in his prime he's well above.

He has more impact on the game, hence being better.

u dumb af boi

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2020, 03:53 PM
He’s always been better than Westbrook, Imdaman. Sorry.

and then 2017 happened and Paul was several levels below Westbrook

anyway, Kemba been a monster this season

RRR3
03-25-2020, 03:54 PM
and then 2017 happened and Paul was several levels below Westbrook

anyway, Kemba been a monster this season

Low IQ post

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2020, 03:59 PM
Low IQ post

I probably think more of CP3 all time than you do, but to act like Russ is worse than CP3 because of "game management" or "IQ" or whatever is typical nerd talk.

dont miss the next grandland article or whatever

ImKobe
03-25-2020, 04:09 PM
I actually agree with your comments on Kemba. Obviously he's a better fit here than Kyrie, but from what I've watched, he's been above average at best. I saw people putting him on All NBA 3rd teams and ask myself, has he really been that good this season? Outside of a couple big scoring nights, he's just done what he's been asked of -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah, he's a decent #2 or #3 next to Tatum and is not a selfish player like Kyrie, but it's not fair to compare him to CP3, who's one of the most efficient players ever and who went to OKC and led it to a winning record, despite the huge roster turnover. I haven't seen Kemba do it to that extent (though he had some respectable years in Charlotte) while Paul's done this his entire career. He turned the Hornets around, he made the Clippers a respectable franchise, he had the KD Warriors down 2 -3. As much as I hate Paul personally, I think he's a hell of a player.

Manny98
03-25-2020, 06:44 PM
Kemba is not even on the same tier as the Point God :facepalm

Chris Paul is the second best point guard in the league outside of Curry