PDA

View Full Version : What is going on in China right now?

East River Livn'
03-28-2020, 03:43 AM
And there goes the quarantine...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qd95piwH9Pg

JohnFreeman
03-28-2020, 07:22 AM
China is so lying about how many Corona cases they have

Lebron23
03-28-2020, 08:45 AM
I hope the Chinese people revolt. An arresr those CCP and execute them via Firing Squad

Axe
03-28-2020, 08:50 AM
#BoycottChinaNow

Pavel Zhang
03-28-2020, 10:03 PM
Not likely. Most Westerner underestimate CCP. I am a mainlander, and I'm sure that the operation of CCP is very different from western parties, it has Party branches everywhere. Each company/school/community has a Party branch with several party members. Besides, The communist party is not just some officials rule over people, it's part of our life. There are 2 low level organizations linked to CCP, such as:
the League Of Young Pioneers(少年先锋队, LYP, an elementary school version CCP)
the Communist Youth League(共青团,CYL, a highschool version CCP)
The LYP and CYL works like a student union, yet it's more political. To become a member of CCP, you first join the LYP in your elementary school, then "upgrade" to the CYL during your 14s -17s. Then you can eventually apply to join the communist party when you are more than 18 years old.
And the reality is, not all of us eventually join CCP, but most of us join LYP and CYL during our school ages. Which is to say, most chinese are part of communist party at certain times in their life. You can come across a CCP member in your college, office, neighborhood …… and you know them pretty well, because most of them are your acquaintances. It may sounds horrible, but strangely, it gives us a strong sense of community……which in our culture are often links to patriotic and a collective sense of honor. It's super effective in collective mobilization, such as cities lockdown duing the pandemic. But I have to say that this kind of ideology can be really dangerous when it become some sort of political fanaticism. For example, the cultural revolution.
So it's quite hard to start a revolution. To revolt against CCP is not just to fight agianst Xi JinPing, but may also including your friends and even family members. Chinese people like to greet each other saying "Hi! Comrade!", because they are once in the same party, just like in a same fanclub of an NBA team.

Lebron23
03-28-2020, 10:31 PM
Not likely. Most Westerner underestimate CCP. I am a mainlander, and I'm sure that the operation of CCP is very different from western parties, it has Party branches everywhere. Each company/school/community has a Party branch with several party members. Besides, The communist party is not just some officials rule over people, it's part of our life. There are 2 low level organizations linked to CCP, such as:
The LYP and CYL works like a student union, yet it's more political. To become a member of CCP, you first join the LYP in your elementary school, then "upgrade" to the CYL during your 14s -17s. Then you can eventually apply to join the communist party when you are more than 18 years old.
And the reality is, not all of us eventually join CCP, but most of us join LYP and CYL during our school ages. Which is to say, most chinese are part of communist party at certain times in their life. You can come across a CCP member in your college, office, neighborhood …… and you know them pretty well, because most of them are your acquaintances. It may sounds horrible, but strangely, it gives us a strong sense of community……which in our culture are often links to patriotic and a collective sense of honor. It's super effective in collective mobilization, such as cities lockdown duing the pandemic. But I have to say that this kind of ideology can be really dangerous when it become some sort of political fanaticism. For example, the cultural revolution.
So it's quite hard to start a revolution. To revolt against CCP is not just to fight agianst Xi JinPing, but may also including your friends and even family members. Chinese people like to greet each other saying "Hi! Comrade!", because they are once in the same party, just like in a same fanclub of an NBA team.

Thanks for explaining to us. Sometimes I wish Chiang Kaisek won in the Chinese Civil War.

Cleverness
03-28-2020, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the insight.

BurningHammer
03-29-2020, 05:40 PM
To revolt against CCP is not just to fight agianst Xi JinPing, but may also including your friends and even family members.
Unless your friends and family members and their friends and their family members and so on turn on CCP too. Yeah, it is extremely hard thanks to the system but it is not impossible.

bladefd
03-29-2020, 05:56 PM
Unless your friends and family members and their friends and their family members and so on turn on CCP too. Yeah, it is extremely hard thanks to the system but it is not impossible.

It all begins and ends with the economy. If most of the rest of the world decides to move business away from China, their people will turn quickly on CCP because without business, they lose trust in their government. That's how you take down the CCP

Facepalm
03-30-2020, 12:53 AM
It all begins and ends with the economy. If most of the rest of the world decides to move business away from China, their people will turn quickly on CCP because without business, they lose trust in their government. That's how you take down the CCP

Hasn't worked for Russia, Iran or NK. Authoritarian governments will do everything they can to maintain power, no matter how much we try to starve them out

bigkingsfan
03-30-2020, 01:07 AM
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-chinese-wet-markets-still-operation-despite-covid19/news-story/104a81601ff7b94fec6dae3e158ad0a1

coin24
03-30-2020, 01:56 AM
The cuck governments need to ban the Chinese from purchasing any businesses or land in their countries. People were screaming for this before the virus, it's insane if they're allowed after this..

bladefd
03-30-2020, 03:55 AM
Hasn't worked for Russia, Iran or NK. Authoritarian governments will do everything they can to maintain power, no matter how much we try to starve them out

For every Russia/iran/nk, there is a Soviet Union, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Mexico... Authoritarian but they each collapsed for various reasons only to be replaced by a democracy. I know you can argue about Russia being controlled by a dictator in Putin but the others have a valid argument even if marred in corruption..

BarberSchool
03-30-2020, 05:29 AM
THis man gets it. It’s much simpler than many assume.

China’s form of cultural solidarity is much more artificial and contrived, and thus much less durable than IRAN or RUSSIA. Plus China doesn’t have tons of oil. Iran and Russia do, and that’s a lot more important to economic stability than average people understand.

Manny98
03-30-2020, 03:06 PM
Fonz?

rawimpact
03-30-2020, 03:12 PM

Besides their titles, what really separates them? I mean in my opinion, all of those people share a common concern no?