PDA

View Full Version : I believe the NBA will return in June or July

Walk on Water
03-29-2020, 05:40 AM
After watching Dr Fauci being interviewed by Steph Curry. Half the world is panicking and thinks this is the end of mankind. The other laugh takes it as a joke and calls it a hoax. Dr. Fauci says both are wrong and as always the answer is in between. It’s NOT the end of mankind.

Steph asked when will it be safe. Dr. Fauci seemed to indicate that once we’re on the downslope, then we can start looking at ways of slowly getting back, but we have to be careful.

So we probably haven’t hit our peak. But in a couple weeks from now we might. And then it just goes downhill from there and most likely the weather will help.

We aren’t gonna get to 0 cases per week, but once we hit the downslope then we should have enough equipment and staff for those infected. That’s probably when the NBA can open up. Maybe not with fans or maybe a limited amount of fans that all stay 10 feet from one another. Even 500 fans would still make some noise.

0 cases isn’t gonna happen but if we could manage it to the point where are hospitals aren’t overflowed, then the NBA can work something out. Having all the players in one spot could be the solution.

Play the regular season from July until August. And do 5 game series and 7 for the Finals. You can finish mid September and then start the next season on Christmas but make it a shortened season.

Axe
03-29-2020, 06:01 AM
I don't.

ImKobe
03-29-2020, 06:05 AM
Gobert & Mitchell cleared weeks after having the virus, there's going to be Playoffs.

TheImmortal
03-29-2020, 06:41 AM
Nah.. Season won't be back anytime soon. I know it's gut wrenching but this is destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaREeIKtl1I

Uncle Drew
03-29-2020, 06:46 AM
Nah.. Season won't be back anytime soon. I know it's gut wrenching but this is destiny.

The thought of LeBron ringing yet again is killing you I see.

TheImmortal
03-29-2020, 06:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaREeIKtl1I

TheImmortal
03-29-2020, 06:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiW4pstnWyE

Jasper
03-29-2020, 10:29 AM
and just what happens if the lock down world is released from the corona virus in Sept ???

superduper
03-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Young or science denying flat earther?

Stanley Kobrick
03-29-2020, 11:12 AM
highway already predicted this months ago

Walk on Water
03-29-2020, 12:22 PM

It’s killing me too. But we need signs that the world is getting back as a whole.

FreezingTsmoove
03-29-2020, 12:22 PM
Still cant believe this shit generation shut the world down over flu season :oldlol:

Wally450
03-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Still cant believe this shit generation shut the world down over flu season :oldlol:

Your ignorance is really showing with this post.

Axe
03-29-2020, 06:09 PM
highway already predicted this months ago
Who cares? I bet nobody asked about that.

PWB15
03-29-2020, 06:40 PM
After watching Dr Fauci being interviewed by Steph Curry. Half the world is panicking and thinks this is the end of mankind. The other laugh takes it as a joke and calls it a hoax. Dr. Fauci says both are wrong and as always the answer is in between. It’s NOT the end of mankind.

Steph asked when will it be safe. Dr. Fauci seemed to indicate that once we’re on the downslope, then we can start looking at ways of slowly getting back, but we have to be careful.

So we probably haven’t hit our peak. But in a couple weeks from now we might. And then it just goes downhill from there and most likely the weather will help.

We aren’t gonna get to 0 cases per week, but once we hit the downslope then we should have enough equipment and staff for those infected. That’s probably when the NBA can open up. Maybe not with fans or maybe a limited amount of fans that all stay 10 feet from one another. Even 500 fans would still make some noise.

0 cases isn’t gonna happen but if we could manage it to the point where are hospitals aren’t overflowed, then the NBA can work something out. Having all the players in one spot could be the solution.

Play the regular season from July until August. And do 5 game series and 7 for the Finals. You can finish mid September and then start the next season on Christmas but make it a shortened season.

2021 is what looks like

Walk on Water
03-29-2020, 11:24 PM
2021 is what looks like

After April 30th, 2020.

PWB15
03-29-2020, 11:33 PM
After April 30th, 2020.

we will see. Acutally after May 7th, since that is when the 8 week recommendation of no public gathering by the CDC is over.

Walk on Water
03-29-2020, 11:50 PM
we will see. Acutally after May 7th, since that is when the 8 week recommendation of no public gathering by the CDC is over.

There is a lot of pressure right now.

highwhey
03-30-2020, 12:03 AM
LOL. this hasn't even peaked. we will likely not see the NBA until after this summer.

PWB15
03-30-2020, 12:03 AM
There is a lot of pressure right now.

from who? Vegas? lol

bluechox2
03-30-2020, 12:42 AM
NBA always wanted to get way from playing alongside the nfl’s season schedule and it’s popularity And this stoppage has given the nba the ability to restart the playoffs in July and end the finals possibly early september, and start it’s new offseason during nfl season. And start of the season end of January early feb

imdaman99
03-30-2020, 12:55 AM
Unfortunately money talks otherwise I'd say 2022

Jay-B
03-30-2020, 12:56 AM
Honestly nobody knows, the world is in a waiting mode right now, doctors nor presidents don’t even know what the future of this is, my gut till today told me yeah it would resume but since they extended everything till April 30 I’m not too sure now

PWB15
03-30-2020, 12:57 AM
NBA always wanted to get way from playing alongside the nfl’s season schedule and it’s popularity And this stoppage has given the nba the ability to restart the playoffs in July and end the finals possibly early september, and start it’s new offseason during nfl season. And start of the season end of January early feb

People are on vacation in july and august

PWB15
03-30-2020, 01:13 AM
Honestly nobody knows, the world is in a waiting mode right now, doctors nor presidents don’t even know what the future of this is, my gut till today told me yeah it would resume but since they extended everything till April 30 I’m not too sure now

The CDC already put the no social gathering in place until May 6th so why are so many people shocked at 4/30? lol

Walk on Water
03-30-2020, 05:58 AM
The NBA desperately wants to crown a champion and reports are they will start back up again as late as October to finish the season. And all players would be tested and have to not leave the city they’re in. They are determined to finish the season.

We are entering April, which means the NBA could be starting up again in 6 months. The question is when will the next season start if they finish in January? Possibly have a shortened season from March through August?

Jay-B
03-30-2020, 10:57 AM
The CDC already put the no social gathering in place until May 6th so why are so many people shocked at 4/30? lol

I’m not shocked about anything I’m just going by the April 30 report, have never heard shit about the May 6 date ....

PWB15
03-30-2020, 03:12 PM
I’m not shocked about anything I’m just going by the April 30 report, have never heard shit about the May 6 date ....

So you never heard about 8 week recommendation of no social gathering by the CDC? Why do you think the restaurants are closed?

Walk on Water
03-30-2020, 11:29 PM
I was 2 steps ahead of y’all when I said the NBA was gonna shut down.

And now I’m ahead of you still. It will open back up. Why? The NBA has made it clear that they want to crown a champion. They will do whatever it takes including having all players tested and making sure they stay in one place.

Is that exciting? We get to see how the games are played even in tough times without fans.

PWB15
03-31-2020, 12:20 AM

And now I’m ahead of you still. It will open back up. Why? The NBA has made it clear that they want to crown a champion. They will do whatever it takes including having all players tested and making sure they stay in one place.

Is that exciting? We get to see how the games are played even in tough times without fans.

why is so important to crown a champion?

Axe
03-31-2020, 12:22 AM

And the lakers are unanimously their top choice for that?

Oh dear... 🥴

Walk on Water
03-31-2020, 12:43 AM
And the lakers are unanimously their top choice for that?

Oh dear... ��

What do you mean?

Axe
03-31-2020, 12:54 AM
What do you mean?
They'll favor the lakers as the champions this year.

Walk on Water
03-31-2020, 02:01 AM
They'll favor the lakers as the champions this year.

And that’s why I didn’t want the NBA to return but if they do at least it will show that society continues and doesn’t give up. Maybe one day the championship will be on the moon.

Uncle Drew
03-31-2020, 03:19 AM

highwey predicted it first.

GimmeThat
03-31-2020, 03:20 AM
quarantine every player, put them in camp together. forgo games being played in front of live audiences and set up paid streaming services.

marketing could even set up live twitter stats for showman ship and commercials

and coronavirus replica jersey are being made as we speak

Axe
03-31-2020, 04:10 AM
And that’s why I didn’t want the NBA to return but if they do at least it will show that society continues and doesn’t give up. Maybe one day the championship will be on the moon.
I'm not sure if fans will care at this point due to the distracting current events.

highwhey
04-04-2020, 01:27 AM
OP is WRONG.

The NBA is "angling" to cancel the 2019-20 season after China's CBA shutdown, per
@WindhorstESPN

"There is a significant amount of pessimism right now."

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1246282349022597120?s=21

red1
04-04-2020, 02:08 AM
OP is WRONG.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1246282349022597120?s=21

I hope not.

fingers crossed for a summer return. we've all given up on the regular season at this point - I'd even settle for a multi-game multi-series tournament at this point.

you can even put all of the lottery teams in it for shits and giggles, see if we get a dark horse knicks championship.

Axe
04-04-2020, 03:46 AM
Damn. Looks like that is the final nail in the coffin.

JohnFreeman
04-04-2020, 04:03 AM
I hope it never returns

Smoke117
04-04-2020, 04:06 AM
I hope it never returns

Well, you a Kings fan so I can’t blame you. :lol

PWB15
04-04-2020, 01:18 PM
I hope it never returns

That is the only way to end the lakers winning streak and stop Lebron from getting a cheap ring LOL