PDA

View Full Version : LeBron now has won MVP for 3 seperate teams

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2020, 03:25 PM
Has anyone else done that?

SamuraiSWISH
03-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Why has he played for so many teams though?

Moses did 2 different team MVPs. The rest of the MVPs were loyal to a franchise and didn't NEED to bounce around to collude or build teams to stay competitive, honestly. And where's the foregone conclusion he won the MVP this year?

Odd.

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2020, 03:32 PM

Moses did 2 different team MVPs. The rest of the MVPs were loyal to a franchise and didn't NEED to bounce around to collude or build teams to stay competitive, honestly. And where's the foregone conclusion he won the MVP this year?

Odd.
I asked a simple question

Winning an MVP for 3 seperate teams is historic and will never happen again

Doesnt matter the system or supporting cast, LeBron always finds a way to overachieve and win MVP

Hes the best athlete of all time

To your point about loyalty.. why did MJ and Kobe demand trades in their primes?

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 03:35 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/AjYsTtVxEEBPO/giphy.gif

SouBeachTalents
03-29-2020, 04:01 PM

Odd.
But if he stays loyal to the Cavs he gets clowned for being ringless with Mo Williams as his best teammate. It's a flawed philosophy to have because it "rewards" being drafted in a great situation like Magic & Bird, and "penalizes" those that weren't like LeBron & KG.

You can criticize the moves he made like joining Wade, but this philosophy is inherently flawed, and relies far too much on the luck of each players original circumstances

FromDowntown
03-29-2020, 04:12 PM
But if he stays loyal to the Cavs he gets clowned for being ringless with Mo Williams as his best teammate. It's a flawed philosophy to have because it "rewards" being drafted in a great situation like Magic & Bird, and "penalizes" those that weren't like LeBron & KG.

You can criticize the moves he made like joining Wade, but this philosophy is inherently flawed, and relies far too much on the luck of each players original circumstances

Just to tack onto this, players that are in good situations don't leave, so usually if a player does not leave it's because he has a good situation or good results, not because he is "loyal"

Kobe got to play in Los Angeles with PRIME Shaq and won 3 rings right off the bat, why would he leave?
Duncan was drafted in 99 and won a FMVP as a rookie with David Robinson as a teammate and Greg Pop as a coach, why would he leave?

LeBron was drafted with Boobie Gibson and Mike Brown as his coach...why would he stay?

Same for KG.

When a player leaves a team it's usually because the situation is bad, not good. I can only think of a very select few that have left a good situation. And one player actually did it twice because he is a diva.

Kevin Durant. Left the stacked 2016 Thunder for the Warriors and left the 2019 Warriors for the 2020 Nets. Dumb.

Overdrive
03-29-2020, 04:17 PM
Just to tack onto this, players that are in good situations don't leave, so usually if a player does not leave it's because he has a good situation or good results, not because he is "loyal"

Kobe got to play in Los Angeles with PRIME Shaq and won 3 rings right off the bat, why would he leave?
Duncan was drafted in 99 and won a FMVP as a rookie with David Robinson as a teammate and Greg Pop as a coach, why would he leave?

LeBron was drafted with Boobie Gibson and Mike Brown as his coach...why would he stay?

Same for KG.

When a player leaves a team it's usually because the situation is bad, not good. I can only think of a very select few that have left a good situation. And one player actually did it twice because he is a diva.

Kevin Durant. Left the stacked 2016 Thunder for the Warriors and left the 2019 Warriors for the 2020 Nets. Dumb.

Duncan was drafted in '98, Boobie in '06. Shaq left the ECF Magic for LA. Demanded a trade from LA to Miami, left Miami for Phoenix.
There are others that left good teams. Also there were tons of star players that stayed on bad teams.

Kblaze8855
03-29-2020, 04:24 PM
11 modern(as in 99-now) mvps are multiple team guys and Giannis will be the next one soon I bet. Guys aren’t playing one place forever anymore. I’d imagine Steph will. Not sure who else.

FromDowntown
03-29-2020, 04:39 PM
Duncan was drafted in '98, Boobie in '06. Shaq left the ECF Magic for LA. Demanded a trade from LA to Miami, left Miami for Phoenix.
There are others that left good teams. Also there were tons of star players that stayed on bad teams.

I stand corrected on Duncan drafted in 98 vs 99, but the rest is meh. You get the idea with Boobie Gibson, simply put the 2004-2009 Cavaliers were a major heaping pile of crap.

Shaq did leave Orlando for the Lakers so I guess you can say two players have done this but is not close to what KD did in 2016.

Overdrive
03-29-2020, 04:45 PM
I stand corrected on Duncan drafted in 98 vs 99, but the rest is meh. You get the idea with Boobie Gibson, simply put the 2004-2009 Cavaliers were a major heaping pile of crap.

Shaq did leave Orlando for the Lakers so I guess you can say two players have done this but is not close to what KD did in 2016.

I remember when the Cavs tried to trade JJ Hickson for Amare during the '10 season in order to keep Lebron. Just the idea of JJ Hickson being the best trade asset says anything about the Cavs. People outside Cleveland just didn't like the way his depature went down.

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 04:46 PM
11 modern(as in 99-now) mvps are multiple team guys and Giannis will be the next one soon I bet. Guys aren’t playing one place forever anymore. I’d imagine Steph will. Not sure who else.

I have a hunch Steph will be outta there in 2-3 years tops when his production bottoms out=

Giannis could move

Same with Kat, Embiid.

FKAri
03-29-2020, 04:50 PM

Odd.

Many reasons. He's humble. He's charitable. He likes to go to shit hole teams with incompetent players and put them on his back and give them a taste of sweet, sweet victory which they otherwise would never have experienced.

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 04:54 PM
Many reasons. He's humble. He's charitable. He likes to go to shit hole teams with incompetent players and put them on his back and give them a taste of sweet, sweet victory which they otherwise would never have experienced.

:lol

FromDowntown
03-29-2020, 04:59 PM
I remember when the Cavs tried to trade JJ Hickson for Amare during the '10 season in order to keep Lebron. Just the idea of JJ Hickson being the best trade asset says anything about the Cavs. People outside Cleveland just didn't like the way his depature went down.

I remember when they wanted to get Amare, too. Don't think that would have been a good fit with LeBron anyway, and likely not enough to get him to stay.

I agree his departure from Cleveland could have been handled better, but he was not leaving a good situation like Shaq in 1996 or Durant in 2016.

FromDowntown
03-29-2020, 05:00 PM

Imagine joining players that have not even won a player series or even playoff game.

Pre Lebron:

Irving and Love = 0 playoff games and 0 playoff series wins combined
Bosh and Davis = 1 playoff series win combined

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 05:00 PM
I remember when they wanted to get Amare, too. Don't think that would have been a good fit with LeBron anyway, and likely not enough to get him to stay.

I agree his departure from Cleveland could have been handled better, but he was not leaving a good situation like Shaq in 1996 or Durant in 2016.

yes he was he made the finals. same as shaq.

FromDowntown
03-29-2020, 05:02 PM
yes he was he made the finals. same as shaq.

Shaq left: Penny Hardaway, Horace Grant
KD left: Russell Westbrook, Ibaka/Adams
LBJ left: Mo Williams and...? Anderson Varejao?

Are you following? :lol

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 05:10 PM
Shaq left: Penny Hardaway, Horace Grant
KD left: Russell Westbrook, Ibaka/Adams
LBJ left: Mo Williams and...? Anderson Varejao?

Are you following? :lol

Shaq's a sellout for leaving but at the time the Magic actually kind of believed they would be better without Shaq so we will let that slip.

KD made one of the most spineless uncompetitive moves of all-time if not THE MOST UNCOMPETiTIVE MOVE OF ALL TIME

in order of selling out i would rank em:

1. KD - major sellout
2. LeBron - solid sell out
3. Shaq - kind of a sell-out

Axe
03-29-2020, 05:43 PM
Another clickbait thread again.

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 05:50 PM
Another clickbait thread again.

pretty much a low -iq troll fail for shits n giggles

Axe
03-29-2020, 05:55 PM
pretty much a low -iq troll fail for shits n giggles
You talking about yourself or somebody else?

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 05:58 PM
You talking about yourself or somebody else?

can you read or do you skip context? :lol

Axe
03-29-2020, 06:03 PM
can you read or do you skip context? :lol
Lol. After posting more than 75 consecutive posts for almost a day, you are going to hate me now? 😹

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Lol. After posting more than 75 consecutive posts for almost a day, you are going to hate me now? 

i dont hate you but you did skip all context :pimp:

Axe
03-29-2020, 06:15 PM
i dont hate you but you did skip all context :pimp:
Well, i needed to make sure you weren't talking about me when you said that. So that's why i asked.

mr4speed
03-29-2020, 06:16 PM

Um Magic was drafted to a 47 win and playoff team and would have Kareem as a teammate - who was the 1980 League MVP and the best player in the NBA. Bird went to a "storied" franchise, but the previous year before Bird arrived the team was at the bottom with a 29 win and 53 loss record. Magic's situation was much better than Bird's.

SouBeachTalents
03-29-2020, 06:22 PM
Um Magic was drafted to a 47 win and playoff team and would have Kareem as a teammate - who was the 1980 League MVP and the best player in the NBA. Bird went to a "storied" franchise, but the previous year before Bird arrived the team was at the bottom with a 29 win and 53 loss record. Magic's situation was much better than Bird's.
I don't disagree with that, but they were able to add an absurd amount of HOF talent in McHale, Parish, DJ along the way

Axe
03-29-2020, 06:28 PM

Same for KG.

Lol back then, there were times kobe insisted on being traded to another team but everytime the management hears it, they compensate by granting his requests so he wouldn't go away as he was very valuable to the team.

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 06:28 PM
Well, i needed to make sure you weren't talking about me when you said that. So that's why i asked.

no, i was mainly talking about the Alt. ACC troll and his insinuation that LeBron won an MVP with the Lakers :lol

Axe
03-29-2020, 06:31 PM
no, i was mainly talking about the Alt. ACC troll and his insinuation that LeBron won an MVP with the Lakers :lol
Oh my bad. Your quote on mine's earlier got me confused so that's why i reacted negatively. 🙃

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 06:41 PM
Oh my bad. Your quote on mine's earlier got me confused so that's why i reacted negatively. 

oh, thats what happened? :lol

:cheers:

FromDowntown
03-29-2020, 06:57 PM

Don't forget Pistol Pete too...

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2020, 07:03 PM
400 views and counting!

Golden fingers.

DoctorP
03-29-2020, 07:04 PM
400 views and counting!

Golden fingers.

it's like a train wreck. cant look away :lol

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2020, 07:11 PM

it's like a train wreck. cant look away :lol

You doing ok LittleP? :lol

Where does LeBron rank now that he has won MVP for THREE seperate teams?

Axe
03-29-2020, 07:25 PM
You doing ok LittleP? :lol

Where does LeBron rank now that he has won MVP for THREE seperate teams?
https://img.ifunny.co/images/58e3da79b7c26997a541492f757dde0b3592999df8ac6efee0 81b5f286ed1116_1.jpg

Hey Yo
03-29-2020, 08:33 PM

Odd.
Kareem won 3 MVP's with Milwaukee and then demanded to be traded. Threatened to sit out the following season if they didn't.

mr4speed
03-29-2020, 10:51 PM
Don't forget Pistol Pete too...
This was Pistol's last year in the NBA. Pete was 32 years old and only played in 26 games averaging 17 minutes and 11.5 points per game = not exactly a big plus for Boston that year but I loved that he was on that team. I wish he had been able to play just one more year as Boston won it all in 81 and Pete would have been able to get a ring!

AlternativeAcc.
03-29-2020, 11:02 PM
LOL @ the views.

warriorfan
03-29-2020, 11:40 PM
LOL @ the views.

Arnt you the one always accusing people of needing/craving attention?

:roll:

The Kiiiing of projection :applause:

LostCause
03-30-2020, 10:19 AM
Bron stans still living in fantasy land. Apparently reality for their guy isn’t good enough so we’re making up accomplishments

deathawaitu
03-30-2020, 10:42 AM
Imagine joining players that have not even won a player series or even playoff game.

Pre Lebron:

Irving and Love = 0 playoff games and 0 playoff series wins combined
Bosh and Davis = 1 playoff series win combined

Makes Davis look great.

He sacrifice himself and join a Lebron who can't make it to the playoff in the west =(

Davis just teaching Lebron what it takes to make it to the playoff in the big boy conference

Laker MVP Davis

Pre Davis

Lebron = 0 play off games, 30 regular season win in the west

Turbo Slayer
03-30-2020, 10:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1SLd93oF5w