https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syaXep_G9Ig

The legend at his purest.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FormalGreedyArrowana-small.gif

Axe
03-29-2020, 09:41 PM
Pure laker legend.

ShawkFactory
03-29-2020, 09:57 PM
Pardon My Take played an interview of him that they had the day after he died where he was very candid about that year.

He admitted to taking horrible shots because he didnÂ’t trust the guys behind him.

He said he’d gladly give the ball back to Derek Fisher or Shannon brown but didn’t trust smush Parker because he was soft and didn’t give a shit about winning and just was cool being there. Talking about how he respected a mentality no matter how good you were.

The interview was in 2015 and he ended up mentioning that he still was close with D Fish and Brown but that he and Smush donÂ’t talk.

Accountability

ArbitraryWater
03-30-2020, 05:33 AM
Pardon My Take played an interview of him that they had the day after he died where he was very candid about that year.

He admitted to taking horrible shots because he didnÂ’t trust the guys behind him.

He said he’d gladly give the ball back to Derek Fisher or Shannon brown but didn’t trust smush Parker because he was soft and didn’t give a shit about winning and just was cool being there. Talking about how he respected a mentality no matter how good you were.

The interview was in 2015 and he ended up mentioning that he still was close with D Fish and Brown but that he and Smush donÂ’t talk.

Accountability

What an absolute douchebag.

Clear sign of a person projecting about facts in order to justify their errant behaviour. Plus Smush made pretty great defensive plays in that '06 Suns game 4 which really no one would go for that would just be cool being there.

How close would he be with Brown if Brown was on the 06-07 teams and Smush on the 09-10 teams? Yeah, figured. Probably real close, huh.

Mr Feeny
03-30-2020, 05:59 AM

Accountability

I never saw it but that's the first time I hear him take responsibility because - as desultory as some of his teammates' play was during that season - he didn't play as well as he should have and by his own admission took a lot of ill-advised shots. You can't win playing that way.

Incidentally, attacking someone for his poor mentality is fair when you exhibit the right type of leadership. But it's not appropriate when discussing the 2006 season. Kobe literally camped near the half way line during the 2nd half of the biggest game of the season (game7 against Pheonix) and sabotaged his team while the guy he is mocking (Parker) tried to win the game, eve though he was awful.

You can't sit there pontificating about mentality when you were the only member of that team that didn't show the proper mentality when the team had its teams against the wall.

What an absolute douchebag.

Clear sign of a person projecting about facts in order to justify their errant behaviour. Plus Smush made pretty great defensive plays in that '06 Suns game 4 which really no one would go for that would just be cool being there.

How close would he be with Brown if Brown was on the 06-07 teams and Smush on the 09-10 teams? Yeah, figured. Probably real close, huh.

Sometimes these things happen. I agree that he's a little rough with Smush and Atkins. They weren't so horrible and him publically denigrating them time and time again is a little off-putting.

Lebron played with a few really bad players including Gibson and he didn't really throw them under the bus despite the fact that they obviously were weak links when the Cavs got to the 2007 finals.

Lebron rightfully gets criticised for many things but one aspect that he has always showed maturity and leadership in is the way he handles his teams and teammates. He elevated the scrubs, instead of publically bashing them.