PDA

View Full Version : Can this crisis move us closer to depending less on physical buildings?

Walk on Water
03-31-2020, 08:09 AM
I realized that there’s so much development in major cities. And that’s ironic because everyone rely on the internet now for so many things. We communicate on the internet, we don’t even need movie theaters anymore. Watching a game is better on tv than in person.

They might do the NFL draft online. And you look at sports talk shows and they’re doing it online.

People are working from home. I think this is the future. There’s too many buildings and so much traffic. We can reduce all that by having people stay at home and maybe this quarantine will train us to live like this.

Fans don’t need to go to games because it’s better online. People don’t need to travel for meetings because you have the internet and Zoom app. Food can just be delivered, like why would you need to go to a restaurant? And gyms are now offering in home work ins, so technically you don’t the gym.

Just shoot everything can be done online. Physical get togethers should just be for special occasions.

jstern
04-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Another thing that I noticed that can be due to less pollution or less contact with strangers in public is having to blow my nose less often compared to years past around this time of year. So it might be a good idea to "depend less on physical buildings," for a lack of a better term.

I do miss going to the courts and dominating at basketball.

rawimpact
04-02-2020, 12:45 PM
I think so... lots of places have moved to telecommute. I'm wondering if we do this long enough I may get to select home office tax credits next year.

highwhey
04-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Watching games from home is absolutely not better than attending games in person. Stop trolling.

Doomsday Dallas
04-02-2020, 12:48 PM
https://realinvestmentadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Commercial-Real-Estate-Bubble.png

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nchw5ApLg6I/SgtELnuVNXI/AAAAAAAAAeI/AwIBMEVFTpE/s400/bubble.jpg

Hollywood has a potential sequel to The Big Short

https://www.conservativebookclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Big-Short-e1455911004856.jpg

warriorfan
04-02-2020, 01:54 PM
Good point

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 02:16 PM
It's a good question. Historical events cause major societal reactions so let's see what happens.

jstern
04-02-2020, 10:16 PM
Walk on Water is going to end up being the poster of this decade.

He asks good questions, makes good points that might not seem all that complicated, but really gets the people here thinking and wondering.

It's his intellectual curiosity that leads us to think about the things we overlook.

And then he's like five steps ahead of all of us, even having his threads and posts about whether the NBA should suspend the season deleted, because the mods felt that that idea was too out there, trolling. And even got banned for it. He was right.

(Even though Wheels got the most mentions for the poster of the decade survey, non of his individual accounts beat 3ball. So I guess 3ball is the poster of the 2010s.)

red1
04-02-2020, 10:18 PM
stop stealing threads from highwhey you kleptomaniac piece of shit

for the love of god