PDA

View Full Version : How much longer until Carmelo Anthony is a ****ing nobody?

Shogon
03-31-2020, 02:32 PM
I'm tired of this ****er's name coming up on ESPN and them still running stories about him. Yeah, I know... they're desperate for stories with sports basically on pause but holy shit.

Him sitting there talking shit about how he'd have at least 2 or 3 rings with Detroit... no, that's not how that works. There's no guarantee that the Pistons would have ever traded for Rasheed had they drafted Carmelo, and if that were the case, it's a damn near guarantee that he'd still have 0 rings because the Pistons would have been ****ing ass.

But anyways... that's not the point... the point is, **** this guy.

History comes from us all and stretch the timeline out far enough, we're all irrelevant... but that day can't come soon enough for me in terms of Carmelo Anthony.

This dude is one of the most overrated pieces of absolute worthless dog shit in league history. Was he an NBA player? Yes. Was he worthy of being in the NBA? Of course. Did he make teams better? That's debatable.

He would be at the damn near bottom of my list of stars throughout NBA history that I'd want to start a team with.

His defense sucks and it always has. His ability to get others involved sucks and it always has. Simply put, the guy's a loser. Yeah, he got a ring in college... but that's college. IDGAF.

Carmelo Anthony is a fat loser with a loser's mentality and in 30 years nobody will give a **** about this guy and kids sure as shit won't know who he is.

**** Carmelo. **** that guy.

ralph_i_el
03-31-2020, 02:38 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/030/403/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

Kblaze8855
03-31-2020, 02:40 PM
Nobody gives a shit about a lot of people 30 years after they retire. When’s the last time you heard someone bring up Dave Cowens? He was the anti Melo.

You know one person who gives a ****?

Melo is your standard issue hall of famer. An Alex English. Dan Issel. Chet Walker. Nothing special by HOF standards....but he’s getting in there.

Hes the bottom of the top.

72-10
03-31-2020, 02:42 PM
Someone needs to tell Jayson Williams that he's a ****ing nobody already.

Stanley Kobrick
03-31-2020, 02:43 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=130&dateline=1585104657

red1
03-31-2020, 02:51 PM
OP is absolutely right

Carmelo Anthony is a fat loser

yup.

Bronbron23
03-31-2020, 03:09 PM
Ive never liked melo that much and he isnt relevant anymore thats for sure but a bunch of actually nobody's on a forum calling a famous multimillionaire a nobody is f*cking hilarious.

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 03:15 PM
Apparently casuals only remember around 5 players per era and prob the top 10 all-time but thats a guesstimate.

On this board you can see the same names pop up over and over. eventually, those names start to fade too.

72-10
03-31-2020, 03:48 PM
OP is absolutely right

yup.

he's actually not that fat at all; in fact I bet he's more in shape than like 99% of the pop.

Real Men Wear Green
03-31-2020, 03:58 PM
Is Dominique Wilkins a nobody?

red1
03-31-2020, 04:25 PM
he's actually not that fat at all; in fact I bet he's more in shape than like 99% of the pop.
fat.

fat. fat fat fat.

I remember a video of team USA clowning him for being lazy and fat.

HylianNightmare
03-31-2020, 04:54 PM
Couldn't believe Jordan brand dropped his sig. That was the end

Shogon
03-31-2020, 05:42 PM
Is Dominique Wilkins a nobody?

Not yet, but he's on the cusp. Additionally, while I commend you for a decent comparison, Wilkins did things in the dunk contest, obviously going against Jordan in particular, that are more memorable than anything Carmelo Anthony has ever done in the NBA.

What has Carmelo done that's memorable? Hit 2 super clutch shots against the Bulls in a regular season game? Won one scoring title? Ha. Get him the **** out.

MrFonzworth
03-31-2020, 05:56 PM
Give it 10 years.

imdaman99
03-31-2020, 06:13 PM
I have a love and hate relationship for Melo. I liked him because he wanted to be a Knick, no other star in their prime wanted anything to do with them. Amare was no longer in his prime, at least not physically. But when he got here, I saw him for what he is. He's a borderline star that wasn't worried about winning. He wanted to get his and he wanted it to be his team. It was not more obvious than during Linsanity. He was jealous af, and I hated that. He's not a leader, the best teams he played on was when Billups or Kidd were the leaders. Basically veteran leadership.

When I initially heard him talking about if he was drafted by the Pistons, he would win at least 2 rings... I thought to myself yeah he could be right. But then I thought about it (showerthoughts) and said hell no. He is not a team player. Those Pistons won because of defense and everyone bought in. Melo had a huge ego and he simply never got it. I don't think he'll be forgotten, he made hundreds of millions and was part of one of the greatest draft classes. But he was hardly some legend.

Wally450
03-31-2020, 06:26 PM
I hadn't realized Shogun made this thread until I opened it. I share his sentiments though.

tpols
03-31-2020, 07:34 PM
I have a love and hate relationship for Melo. I liked him because he wanted to be a Knick, no other star in their prime wanted anything to do with them. Amare was no longer in his prime, at least not physically. But when he got here, I saw him for what he is. He's a borderline star that wasn't worried about winning. He wanted to get his and he wanted it to be his team. It was not more obvious than during Linsanity. He was jealous af, and I hated that. He's not a leader, the best teams he played on was when Billups or Kidd were the leaders. Basically veteran leadership.

When I initially heard him talking about if he was drafted by the Pistons, he would win at least 2 rings... I thought to myself yeah he could be right. But then I thought about it (showerthoughts) and said hell no. He is not a team player. Those Pistons won because of defense and everyone bought in. Melo had a huge ego and he simply never got it. I don't think he'll be forgotten, he made hundreds of millions and was part of one of the greatest draft classes. But he was hardly some legend.

Amare was absolutely balling out before Melo came.

He was in the MVP race and shitting on teams in crunchtime. Totally underrated midrange face up game.

Turbo Slayer
03-31-2020, 07:51 PM
Melo may not be relevant anymore, but this MAN gave us some of the best NBA moments we ever witnessed.

I remember the time when Melo dropped a 62 bomb on the Bobcats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQE-n6iQp9A

Or that time where Melo shot 2 clutch 3-pointers over the Bulls for a spot in the playoffs.

Melo may be a tad bit overrated but he gave us these moments and for that we have to be grateful. :applause:

Turbo Slayer
03-31-2020, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9neM8by1SQ

warriorfan
03-31-2020, 08:05 PM
Someone please post the melo laying down gif. Truly his greatest contribution to the game of basketball.

Axe
03-31-2020, 08:12 PM
I'm tired of this ****er's name coming up on ESPN and them still running stories about him. Yeah, I know... they're desperate for stories with sports basically on pause but holy shit.

Him sitting there talking shit about how he'd have at least 2 or 3 rings with Detroit... no, that's not how that works. There's no guarantee that the Pistons would have ever traded for Rasheed had they drafted Carmelo, and if that were the case, it's a damn near guarantee that he'd still have 0 rings because the Pistons would have been ****ing ass.

But anyways... that's not the point... the point is, **** this guy.

History comes from us all and stretch the timeline out far enough, we're all irrelevant... but that day can't come soon enough for me in terms of Carmelo Anthony.

This dude is one of the most overrated pieces of absolute worthless dog shit in league history. Was he an NBA player? Yes. Was he worthy of being in the NBA? Of course. Did he make teams better? That's debatable.

He would be at the damn near bottom of my list of stars throughout NBA history that I'd want to start a team with.

His defense sucks and it always has. His ability to get others involved sucks and it always has. Simply put, the guy's a loser. Yeah, he got a ring in college... but that's college. IDGAF.

Carmelo Anthony is a fat loser with a loser's mentality and in 30 years nobody will give a **** about this guy and kids sure as shit won't know who he is.

**** Carmelo. **** that guy.
For how much longer? After your freaking avatar stops crying off more blood, that is.