PDA

View Full Version : Uhh yeah...

bladefd
03-31-2020, 09:32 PM
Couple hours ago I posted a civil thread asking about why search is disabled, and thread gets deleted without any reasoning or anything whatsoever. If you want me to stop asking questions or if you don't want to see a post like that in public, how about you send me an email to explain why search is disabled or just tell me in private that you don't want me asking? All I was trying to do is find a post I made couple weeks ago about a Trump timeline I posted on these forums after half hour of research, and it made me wonder why search was not working to find that post.

I'm one of the oldest posters on ish, and have never had an issue or made a fuss in the 12 years I have been posting here (only 1 instance in 12 years -- I complained in February after the upgrade of losing 1 month's worth of posts but I quickly got over it couple days afterwards), but this time just deleting a thread asking a question concerning search is raising it a level beyond civility. The civil response is to either explain publicly OR delete thread & then send a quick email explaining why you deleted thread and whatever you want to say in response. Of course, it's your forum to do what you want, but don't be surprised when people get mad when stuff like this happens & you risk losing these very posters. It's accountability.

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 09:34 PM
have you tried the google?

bladefd
03-31-2020, 09:38 PM
have you tried the google?

How do I google search for an old ish post from 2-3 weeks ago?

Norcaliblunt
03-31-2020, 09:39 PM

Lol just take a second and think about it.

bladefd
03-31-2020, 09:44 PM
Lol just take a second and think about it.

Here you go:
https://www.google.com/search?ei=k_GDXuLlEqatytMPjdKd0As&q=insidehoops+forum+bladefd+donald+Trump+timeline&oq=insidehoops+forum+bladefd+donald+Trump+timeline&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQA1C8WViVcGCwc2gBcAB4AIABaIgBiga SAQM3LjKYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwii-5fnjMboAhWmlnIEHQ1pB7oQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Yeah, that doesn't point out the specific post I was looking for.. Doesn't even narrow it down..

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 09:46 PM

i don't know I havent tried but Im guessing the google search should be able to find a specific thread by keyword or user

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 09:48 PM
Here you go:
https://www.google.com/search?ei=k_GDXuLlEqatytMPjdKd0As&q=insidehoops+forum+bladefd+donald+Trump+timeline&oq=insidehoops+forum+bladefd+donald+Trump+timeline&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQA1C8WViVcGCwc2gBcAB4AIABaIgBiga SAQM3LjKYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwii-5fnjMboAhWmlnIEHQ1pB7oQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Yeah, that doesn't point out the specific post I was looking for.. Doesn't even narrow it down..

hmm, interesting what was the thread title?

Axe
03-31-2020, 09:50 PM
hmm, interesting what was the thread title?
Lol you're doing it again. 😹

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 09:51 PM
Lol you're doing it again. 

nice. you have some strange mental rules about consecutive posting

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 09:52 PM
Lol you're doing it again. 

i obviously was responding to two different posts. what do you recommend? :lol

Axe
03-31-2020, 09:55 PM
i obviously was responding to two different posts. what do you recommend? :lol
Like i said yesterday, use the edit button to insert it into a single post. You can do that after copying or quoting his post first then pasting it.

So simple, duh... :rolleyes:

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 10:03 PM
Like i said yesterday, use the edit button to insert it into a single post. You can do that after copying or quoting his post first then pasting it.

So simple, duh... :rolleyes:

are you an admin or just OCD?

Axe
03-31-2020, 10:10 PM
are you an admin or just OCD?
None but when you do the same thing again often, of course it becomes painfully tiresome to see.

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 10:11 PM
None but when you do the same thing again often, of course it becomes painfully tiresome to see.

i wasn't aware it bothered you so much. are you trying to read threads in order like a book?

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 10:12 PM

also, the editing function doesn't work after 10 minutes or so...

:lol

Axe
03-31-2020, 10:15 PM
i wasn't aware it bothered you so much. are you trying to read threads in order like a book?
Lmao you are insane. I think you need some check-up buddy. Covid seems to be getting inside your systems.

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 10:17 PM
Lmao you are insane. I think you need some check-up buddy. Covid seems to be getting inside your systems.

sorry, the covid is driving me craaayyyyyyyyyyyzzzzyyyyyyy

its one of the symptoms of it, brain degeneration

Axe
03-31-2020, 10:21 PM

sorry, the covid is driving me craaayyyyyyyyyyyzzzzyyyyyyy

its one of the symptoms of it, brain degeneration
Lmao just kidding. Forgive me for being a jerk. 🤦

Proctor
03-31-2020, 10:22 PM
Couple hours ago I posted a civil thread asking about why search is disabled, and thread gets deleted without any reasoning or anything whatsoever. If you want me to stop asking questions or if you don't want to see a post like that in public, how about you send me an email to explain why search is disabled or just tell me in private that you don't want me asking? All I was trying to do is find a post I made couple weeks ago about a Trump timeline I posted on these forums after half hour of research, and it made me wonder why search was not working to find that post.

I'm one of the oldest posters on ish, and have never had an issue or made a fuss in the 12 years I have been posting here (only 1 instance in 12 years -- I complained in February after the upgrade of losing 1 month's worth of posts but I quickly got over it couple days afterwards), but this time just deleting a thread asking a question concerning search is raising it a level beyond civility. The civil response is to either explain publicly OR delete thread & then send a quick email explaining why you deleted thread and whatever you want to say in response. Of course, it's your forum to do what you want, but don't be surprised when people get mad when stuff like this happens & you risk losing these very posters. It's accountability.

Jeff doesn't care. He will delete any and all threads with a shred of criticism in them and this very thread is no exception. It won't be here in 3 hours. He's shown he doesn't mind issuing bans for "trolling" if you call him out on it also.

He is unapologetic about the fact that his "upgrade" was actually very much a downgrade. And more bandwidth? Avatars are still the size of a gnat unless your old one carried over, and the smiley limit is now 3 instead of 7.

It ran plenty of people off, but if you proactively delete the dissension, you can maintain the ruse for the unregistered casuals.

Welcome to Insidehoops! Be sure to click a few ads after this thread is deleted. Thank you! :cheers:

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 10:23 PM
Lmao just kidding. Forgive me for being a jerk. 臘

dont worry ill be dead soon

Axe
03-31-2020, 10:24 PM
dont worry ill be dead soon
R.i.p.

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 10:24 PM
Jeff doesn't care. He will delete any and all threads with a shred of criticism in them and this very thread is no exception. It won't be here in 3 hours. He's shown he doesn't mind issuing bans for "trolling" if you call him out on it also.

He is unapologetic about the fact that his "upgrade" was actually very much a downgrade. And more bandwidth? Avatars are still the size of a gnat unless your old one carried over, and the smiley limit is now 3 instead of 7.

It ran plenty of people off, but if you proactively delete the dissension, you can maintain the ruse for the unregistered casuals.

Welcome to Insidehoops! Be sure to click a few ads after this thread is deleted. Thank you! :cheers:

from 7 smilies to 3 smilies?

THE HORROR

DoctorP
03-31-2020, 10:25 PM
R.i.p.

thanks. :rockon:

MrFonzworth
03-31-2020, 11:49 PM
OP melting down for no reason. Just realized this forum is being held together by a string?

warriorfan
03-31-2020, 11:55 PM
Jeff is gonna beat Ops ass for being a whiner.

dreamshake
04-29-2020, 04:38 PM
Uhhhhh... what?!

Axe
04-29-2020, 07:41 PM
welfarefan is back online! 😃