insidehoops
06-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Maybe also Chase Budinger, Eric Gordon, Wayne Ellington, Brook Lopez

insidehoops
06-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Tyler Hansbrough, Hasheem Thabeet

Kiddlovesnets
06-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Maybe some international players as well.
By the way, why don't you put this thread as one of the sticky threads?

d_white089
07-01-2007, 12:53 AM
OJ Mayo will be #1 followed by Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley

Kiddlovesnets
07-01-2007, 12:56 AM

I can't say I agree with your idea unless Mayo is capable to average a triple double in USC next season. After all, big men are always favored by the league, even MJ was unable to rank above the dream in 1984.

wally_world
07-01-2007, 01:06 AM

yeap... i couldn't agree more...

d_white089
07-01-2007, 01:17 AM
I can't say I agree with your idea unless Mayo is capable to average a triple double in USC next season. After all, big men are always favored by the league, even MJ was unable to rank above the dream in 1984.

Well OJ will definately be the best player in the draft, I guess it depends on who has the pick.

And if there was a dominant center coming up, I may agree. But Beasley is the most touted big man besides Hibbert who doesn't have the talent to go #1 and Beasley is only 6'9

A-MATT
07-01-2007, 01:24 AM
1. derrick rose
2. o.j. mayo
3. that international guy (forgot his name)
4. michael beasley
5. roy hibbert

Lebron23
07-01-2007, 04:54 AM
2008 NBA Draft.

1. Michael Beasley - 6'10, 18 yrs.old plays alot like a younger version of Shawn Kemp and have some nice jumpshoot from the outside.

2. OJ Mayo - the most NBA Ready in next years NBA Draft he got the skills to almost average a triple double next season in the NCAA.

3. Derrick Rose- A Wade type of player with a better jumpshoot and athletism.

Derrick Rose

Position: Guard
Height: 6-4
Weight: 197
Birthday: 10/04/89
College: Memphis
Home Town: Chicago, IL

wally_world
07-01-2007, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=Lebron23]2008 NBA Draft.

1. Michael Beasley - 6'10, 18 yrs.old plays alot like a younger version of Shawn Kemp and have some nice jumpshoot from the outside.

2. OJ Mayo - the most NBA Ready in next years NBA Draft he got the skills to almost average a triple double next season in the NCAA.

3. Derrick Rose- A Wade type of player with a better jumpshoot and athletism.

Derrick Rose

Position: Guard
Height: 6-4
Weight: 197
Birthday: 10/04/89
College: Memphis
Home Town: Chicago, IL

monthh
07-05-2007, 01:11 AM
My pick is Nicolas Batum. I think he has all the tools to be a superstar in the NBA. He will take a couple years, but he will be a star.

After him I like Mayo, Beasley, and Rose in that order. I love Beasley, but Mayo has so much potential. Rose is going to be great too. All the other freshman I just want to see play. That is the great thing about the new age limit. We will get to see guys like Gordon, Greene, and Love. I am not knocking this draft, but I think outside of the top 3, you won't see a freshman class like last year. Last year just had so many great players like Wright, Conley, Hawes, Young, Crittenton, Budinger, Lawson, Cook, Augustin, Arthur, Lopez brothers, Curry, Reynolds, and a bunch more that have a ton of potential. If this years class gets half as many 1st rounders (8 this year alone, another 8 probably on the way next year) then I would be impressed.

So my top 30 right now in a rough order:

1. Batum-France-Huge upside, very skilled, okay size for his age, young, very athletic, this guy has it all to be the #1 pick in the draft.

2. Mayo-USC-Great size for PG, just needs to bring his game together, and a year at USC will go a long way, a future star.

3. Beasley-Kansas State-Big, athletic, and strong, like recent picks Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas, and Al Horford, has huge potential, but not at an NBA talent level right now.

4. Rose-Memphis-Tall, athletic, fast, and huge upside, not as ready as Mayo, but 2nd best PG prospect in all of the world, could be better than Mayo in the end, 2 or 3 years in college wouldn't hurt.

5. Samb-Senegal-Tall, athletic, good outside game, needs work on his post game and add 50 pounds, but has huge potential, adds size in a draft that lacks size, will be a project for years.

6. Gordon-Indiana-Lacks a true NBA position, but is strong, athletic, and can shoot, a great prospect for a team that can fit in a 6-4 SG.

7. Collison-UCLA-Athletic, fast, great defender, can handle and pass, lacks size and is improving his shot.
8. Budinger-Arizona-Tall, athletic, and has a lot of upside, most proven scorer in the draft, needs to add weight.

9. Hibbert-Georgetown-Top senior in his class, huge, pretty talented, stock is soaring, will need to have a great year to remain this high.

10. Lawson-North Carolina-Undersized, but ultra-quick, and has proven he can lead a team, can get the basket at will, needs to work on his shot.

11. Brook Lopez-Stanford-Big and skilled, plays good defense, needs to put his game together, still a project, this season is important for his draft stock.

12. Hansbrough-North Carolina-Probably the most well known player in the draft, many different opinions, but has talent and will be able to play in the NBA.

13. Arthur-Kansas-Very althletic, and has a vastly improving offensive game, okay on defense, huge upside, an inch or two keeps him out of the top 8.

14. Walker-Kansas State-Extremely athletic, good size and strength for a swingman, still a mystery because of injuries, but showed huge upside when he did play.

15. Caracter-Louisville-Very big, has a lot of skills, but has a lot of work to do.

16. Greene-Syracuse-Good size and athletic ability, could move up with a good season, not much else I can say about him.

17. Thabeet-UConn-Tall, can block shots, a pure project at this point.

18. Jordan-Texas A&M-Tall, long, athletic, shows some talent, needs a lot of work to bring his game together.

19. Tomic-Croatia-Top international big man, has some talent, and is versitile on offense, but not NBA ready.

20. Ellington-North Carolina-Good shooter and is athletic, but his height knocks him down 5 to 10 spots than his talent would indicate.

21. Rush-Kansas-No real weakness, but doesn't seem to have the upside of other top swingmen.

22. Hardin-California-Overrated this year, but has good size, is athletic, and can rebound and block shots, needs a lot of help on offense.

23. Gibson-USC-Athletic and works hard, needs to bulk up and isn't a natural talent, will be a great energy guy with upside to be a good NBA player.

24. Mbah a Moute-UCLA-Good on defense, but still raw, has the athletic ability and length to be a factor in the NBA if he improves his learning curve.

25. Shved-Russia-Huge upside, years away from being ready for the NBA, and in a strong PG draft he will have trouble getting in the 1st round, more upside and natural talent than Koponen and other recent international PG.

26. Love-UCLA-Big and talented, but not athletic and will have a harder time dominating in college and the NBA than he did in HS.

27. Gallinari-Italy-Another young and skilled 6-9 international player, huge upside, but time will tell if he pans out.

28. Dragic-Slovenia-Tall PG with a lot of good qualities, solid on offense, bad on defense, needs to improve but has the upside to be an NBA PG.

29. Gordon-Mississippi State-Good all-around combo-guard, needs to work on his shot, has NBA talent, solid late 1st round prospect.

30. Dorsey-Memphis-Big, strong, and extremely athletic, works hard, not real skilled, but makes plays, a lot like Stromile Swift.

I left out Jerryd Bayless just because I can't see him leaving Arizona after 1 year. I probably would have had him at 15.

baseketball4life
07-05-2007, 02:21 AM
1. Michael Beasley
2. Eric Gordon
3. OJ Mayo
4. Derrick Rose
5. Roy Hibbert

Interminator
07-16-2007, 01:21 PM
I dont see Rose leaving after his freshman year unless he is going kevin durant each game,he could be the #1 pick in 2009
Love is gonna do 3 years at least,maybe 4
Samb will most likely enter in 2009

Bayless may leave after 1 year since arizona is also bringing in Brandon Jennings next year

VCMVP1551
08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Hibbert, Mayo and Hasheem Thabeet look really talented.

Interminator
08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Hasheem is Raw Potential
Hibbert has no athleticism at all
Mayo is a scoring PG/undersized SG who could average 20-25 ppg

VCMVP1551
08-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Hasheem is Raw Potential
Hibbert has no athleticism at all

Mayo may turn out to not be undersized depending on next years pre-draft camp. Who cares if Hibbert has no athletisism..neither do Duncan or Yao.

Wo1fshadow
08-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Mayo is a catch 22.

Kiddlovesnets
08-17-2007, 02:36 AM
What if Mayo is draft by the Lakers next year? To become the next Magic Johnson or fail to get along well with Kobe?

baby_jordan_23
08-21-2007, 12:40 AM
http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/derrick-rose-hd.jpg
:bowdown: 1- Derrick Rose (6'4", 200 lbs) PG
-Strengths : great playmaker (court vision, unselfishness), great athlete (speed, hang time), mad handles, quick hands steals, one of the best PG of years to come
-Weaknesses : got to improve his shots

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/oj-mayo-hd.jpg
:applause: 2- OJ Mayo (6'5", 210 lbs) SG/PG
-Strengths : tremendous all around skills, great creativity on a 1-on-1 battle, has great range
-Weaknesses : got to use his teammates

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/michael-beasley-hd.jpg
:D 3- Michael Beasley (6'9", 235 lbs) SF/PF
-Strengths : terrific scorer with creativity, inside/outside threat, great athleticism, has a big potential
-Weaknesses : got to improve his defense, lacks of maturity

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/eric-gordon-hd.jpg
:) 4- Eric Gordon (6'4", 215 lbs) SG
-Strengths : best shooter of the draft, great body control, great scorer (averaged 28.0 pts/g)
-Weaknesses : questionnable size for a SG, not a good passer

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/roy-hibbert-hd.jpg
:rockon: 5- Roy Hibbert (7'2", 278 lbs) C
-Strengths : good free throw shooter for a C, great size and strength, post skills
-Weaknesses : lacks of athleticism, fouls trouble

qrich
09-04-2007, 03:56 AM
My lottery picks[no particular order]:

Michael Beasley
Eric Gordon
Derrick Rose
Nicolas Batum
OJ Mayo
Chase Budinger
Darrell Arthur
Darren Collison
Jerryd Bayless
Roy Hibbert
Hasheem Thabeet
Danilo Gallinari
Ante Tomic
Ty Lawson[some team might reach for him]

VCMVP1551
09-07-2007, 04:17 AM
My favorite 2 are Thabeet and Hibbert. Too many combo guards..the only GREAT combo guard in the NBA is Wade who is pretty much just a shooting guard now. Rose seems very unselfish and could be very good. Thabeet has Mutombo type potential and Hibbert will be an all star center.

Defo
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I really think Derrick Rose could surprise a lot of people and go #1 overall, rare opportunity for a guard. I actually think he's the better prospect over Mayo or Beasley.

For some reason I see the Pacers and Clippers picking #1 and #2 overall in 08, and both teams could seriously use a Rose or a Mayo. Beasley has a chance to be picked first, but from what I've seen and heard I think he's borderline retarded and his bad attitude won't help him. Also, he's attended six different high schools, which I doubt is by choice.

clipps
09-10-2007, 05:16 PM

6'5" 210lbs is undersized for a 2? Since when?

VCMVP1551
09-11-2007, 10:20 PM
6'5" 210lbs is undersized for a 2? Since when?

I think he's assuming he's really 2 inches shorter than his listed height like Gilbert Arenas.

VCMVP1551
09-11-2007, 10:21 PM
http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/derrick-rose-hd.jpg
:bowdown: 1- Derrick Rose (6'4", 200 lbs) PG
-Strengths : great playmaker (court vision, unselfishness), great athlete (speed, hang time), mad handles, quick hands steals, one of the best PG of years to come
-Weaknesses : got to improve his shots

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/oj-mayo-hd.jpg
:applause: 2- OJ Mayo (6'5", 210 lbs) SG/PG
-Strengths : tremendous all around skills, great creativity on a 1-on-1 battle, has great range
-Weaknesses : got to use his teammates

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/michael-beasley-hd.jpg
:D 3- Michael Beasley (6'9", 235 lbs) SF/PF
-Strengths : terrific scorer with creativity, inside/outside threat, great athleticism, has a big potential
-Weaknesses : got to improve his defense, lacks of maturity

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/eric-gordon-hd.jpg
:) 4- Eric Gordon (6'4", 215 lbs) SG
-Strengths : best shooter of the draft, great body control, great scorer (averaged 28.0 pts/g)
-Weaknesses : questionnable size for a SG, not a good passer

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/library/players/small/roy-hibbert-hd.jpg
:rockon: 5- Roy Hibbert (7'2", 278 lbs) C
-Strengths : good free throw shooter for a C, great size and strength, post skills
-Weaknesses : lacks of athleticism, fouls trouble

Lack of athletisism isn't a big problem. Look at how well Tim Duncan has done in the NBA!

baby_jordan_23
09-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Lack of athletisism isn't a big problem. Look at how well Tim Duncan has done in the NBA!

That's true

VCMVP1551
09-11-2007, 11:49 PM
That's true

I think Hibbert will be very good because of the 4 years in college. Watch out for Hibbert..he is more of a sure thing then Oden.

qwerty
09-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Tyler Hansbrough, Hasheem Thabeet

You obviously know nothing about college basketball.

VCMVP1551
09-13-2007, 11:43 PM
You obviously know nothing about college basketball.

Thabeet has a ton of potential.

Defo
09-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Seems like a lot people are ignoring the Batum kid from France. He should absolutely go top 5, before guys like Hibbert and especially Thabeet. I can see Hibbert becoming a decent player in the league, but Thabeet just has bust written all over him - too much raw potential and not enough skill.

monthh
09-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Thabeet will be maybe a decent backup I think. If people consider him a good player like they seem to do in this thread, then he will be considered a bust, but this guy has nothing to show he will be anything more than an okay pro.

I don't see Hibbert being all that much better. Hibbert may be more likely to be a starter right away, but I don't see him have that much of a better career. If Thabeet gets 7pts, 6reb, 2blks in his career, I see Hibbert as a 10pt, 7reb, 1blk kind of guy.

And Defo, I think Batum will end up being the #1 pick. He is on another level as a prospect kind of like LeBron/Oden/Durant.

VCMVP1551
09-18-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't think Thabeet will ever be a force on the offensive end however he could be one of the leagues best shot blocker and at 7'2" he could be a great rebounder. He will be a game changer on the defensive end and he will have a chance to be an excellent rebounder. In his prime he could put up 12 ppg, 12 rpg and 3 bpg. If he doesn't realize his potential he'll atleast be a 7 ppg, 6 rpg, 2 bpg valuable player. I compare him to Dikembe Mutombo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKmqwcphAUU

Hibbert is very fundamentally sound having already spent 3 years at college and a 7'2" player who spends 4 years at college and plays as a back to basket center can be a very dangerous weapon in todays NBA. In his prime I could see 20 ppg, 10 rpg and 3 apg and he is a safe bet to average 10, 10 and 2. I can't compare Hibbert to anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVUJ4-uy1dk

Nicolas Batum is a very long player who appears to be a legit 6'8" and a swingman. He has a good shooting touching considering he is raw and has poor form on his shot. He is also very quick for 6'8" has a great wingspan and he can jump out of the gym. He should be a solid rebounder and he has point forward skills. If he goes to the SF/PF position in his prime he will average around 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg but if he stays at the SG/SF position in his prime he will average closer to 25 ppg, 7 rpg and 7 apg. He measured 6'7.75" with a 7'1" wingspan and also could still be growing and might end up around 6'9". I compare him to a Lamar Odom or maybe a taller Tracy McGrady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akr4jxCARXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgcDNhAtFpk

marny_navis
10-07-2007, 10:19 PM
My top 5 are

1. O.J. Mayo
2. Michael Beasley
3. Derrick Rose
4. Nic Batum
5. Eric Gordon

YounG*G
10-09-2007, 06:57 AM
1st will be Mike Beasley cause he's amazingly athletic and very good shooting range. If he takes NBA little bit more serious he can be leading NBA superstar, only problem is his bad temper and he looks like he is always saying "I'm much better than anyone on the world, why to give my best shoot". I'm from Serbia and I watched him on U19 world championship, he is som much talented, but he wont' work.

2nd - OJ Mayo

3rd - Nicolas Batum

marny_navis
11-21-2007, 05:56 PM
I watched alot of Michigan State-UCLA last night, and Kevin Love really impressed me with his rebounding, toughness, post scoring, and ability to step up in the clutch. If he were to enter the draft, I think he could be a hot commodity and get drafted pretty high, maybe top ten. Charlotte, Washington, and Philadelphia are among some of the teams that are within range of drafting him. I think he'd be a great guy to have in Philly to crash some boards and score down low some. Any comparisons for him? Brad Miller, perhaps?

monthh
11-22-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm thinking the same thing with Love. I think he and Hansbrough are pretty similar. Both should be going in the 1st half of the 1st round.

jamal99
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Beasley is a great athlete and he can get pretty good average in NBA. If he play SF he can be around 20pts, 7-8rebs, 4asissts and 2+blocks. If he play PF he can average 'bout 18pts, 10rebs,3+asissts and around 3 blocks. He can be good stealer too. If the team make him play D, he'll be imbalanced player.

Batum will, I supose be second pick 'cause he's very talented, athletic, great wingspan. I hope he will go well in his career because he looks like nice guy.

I think that Nikola Pekovic from Serbia will be the biggest steal on Draft. He's 6'11'' C/PF, very strong and athletic, good FT shooter for a big guy. He's 21 and already 2nd scorer of Euroleague and 6th rebounder and he got best utility index (useful) in Euroleague which is best European club competition.