PDA

View Full Version : why doesn't Stephen Curry have any iconic playoff moments?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 03:05 AM
I was troubling myself earlier to think of some off the top of my head. even in their earlier years 22yo Kobe had the lob to Shaq, 24yo MJ had his 60pts vs Boston, 22yo Lebron with his g5 Detroit or g7 50 points vs Boston. Curry has..... the regular season nail biter vs OKC?:confusedshrug:

I don't know, I feel like at 32 years of age Stephen would have more notable playoff moments. The only one that comes to mind his the "i'm here, i'm back" game vs Blazers. A series were the Warriors were already up 2-1 without him, the same playoffs they went on to blow a 3-1 lead in the Finals

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHZKRgiZXYmVVbq/giphy.gif

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 03:10 AM
if you'd like, you can have a mod re-edit the title as "why doesn't Stephen Curry have any off the ball movements"

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 03:13 AM
if you'd like, you can have a mod re-edit the title as "why doesn't Stephen Curry have any off the ball movements"
stephen has always been quite exceptional at running around his teammates screens. not so much in the playoffs however when physicality picks up

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 03:22 AM
stephen has always been quite exceptional at running around his teammates screens. not so much in the playoffs however when physicality picks up

in short, I also consider the ability to draw fouls a product of off the ball movement

AlternativeAcc.
04-01-2020, 03:25 AM
Playoffs bring out the best or worst in a player. Steph can never be considered an all time great due to getting outperformed/carried by many of his teammates on a regular basis. Many believe he was only the 5th most important player during the Durant era behind of course Kd, klay, draymond and Iggy.

Hes easily the worst multiple time MVP winner in any sport and arguably the most overrated athlete of all time.

Akeem34TheDream
04-01-2020, 03:25 AM
One of the best regular season players of all time.

AlternativeAcc.
04-01-2020, 03:29 AM
One of the best regular season players of all time.

That's going too far

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 03:35 AM
Playoffs bring out the best or worst in a player. Steph can never be considered an all time great due to getting outperformed/carried by many of his teammates on a regular basis. Many believe he was only the 5th most important player during the Durant era behind of course Kd, klay, draymond and Iggy.

Hes easily the worst multiple time MVP winner in any sport and arguably the most overrated athlete of all time.

i agree with you AlternativeAcc. as a 2x MVP Stephen as of right now seems to be on the playoff level of Steve Nash or the likes of. at least in terms of regular season vs playoff productivity dropoff. perhaps it's his nervous behavior to shy away from big pressure moments, he doesn't really have that "it" factor. a lot of people say his streaky scoring only tends to come when his team is in the lead, in the regular season, even more so during home games. i tend to agree with them

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 03:40 AM

To me, he's just someone who takes advantages of loopholes, hence, a glorified Agent Smith from the Matrix. And from their perspective, the uneven talent possessed by men in itself is a loophole, yet they perish as the level of satisfaction one can achieve can quite easily be attained at an even point.

also, a troll is in reality, one who is conducting the experiment of null hypothesis.

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 03:46 AM
To me, he's just someone who takes advantages of loopholes, hence, a glorified Agent Smith from the Matrix. And from their perspective, the uneven talent possessed by men in itself is a loophole, yet they perish as the level of satisfaction one can achieve can quite easily be attained at an even point.

also, a troll is in reality, one who is conducting the experiment of null hypothesis.
fascinating observation, however i think James Harden wins the award for best loophole exploiter. which in itself is ironic considering James and Stephen both have remarkable regular seasons moments of shine, yet very little post season eye appeal.

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 03:52 AM
i agree with you AlternativeAcc. as a 2x MVP Stephen as of right now seems to be on the playoff level of Steve Nash or the likes of. at least in terms of regular season vs playoff productivity dropoff. perhaps it's his nervous behavior to shy away from big pressure moments, he doesn't really have that "it" factor. a lot of people say his streaky scoring only tends to come when his team is in the lead, in the regular season, even more so during home games. i tend to agree with them

If you understand the game, and not the people, at some point, the people who takes up the game will abandon you nonetheless, as for the Steve Nash comparison, I could hardly conclude them to be the same when one is constantly trying to prevent his teammates from getting injured, while the other, for what's been published here on insidehoops, is consistently bickering with his headcoach because he gets reminded yearly during the post, everyone can during the regular season.

AlternativeAcc.
04-01-2020, 03:55 AM
It's a mixture of physical weakness, one dimensional style, and like you mentioned beta/shy personality

I don't think it's fair to say it all stems from being a mental midget, the physical problems are just as important in recognizing why curry is such a playoff failure

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 04:00 AM
fascinating observation, however i think James Harden wins the award for best loophole exploiter. which in itself is ironic considering James and Stephen both have remarkable regular seasons moments of shine, yet very little post season eye appeal.

their progression by age sets them quite far apart from here. how is that important? "just because a man is driving the boat, it doesn't automatically make him the captain"

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 04:06 AM
It's a mixture of physical weakness, one dimensional style, and like you mentioned beta/shy personality

I don't think it's fair to say it all stems from being a mental midget, the physical problems are just as important in recognizing why curry is such a playoff failure
it seems a lot of recognised agreement we all share is Stephens overall lack of masculinity or testosterone in general. during the playoffs when physicality picks up and refs swallow their whistle, Stephen seems to shy away from running around screens as often and look to get open. perhaps avoiding being elbowed in the rib cage or scratched on his arms. playoff legends like Shaq, Hakeem and Lebron tend to adapt and get better as physicality against them rises

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 05:24 AM
it seems a lot of recognised agreement we all share is Stephens overall lack of masculinity or testosterone in general. during the playoffs when physicality picks up and refs swallow their whistle, Stephen seems to shy away from running around screens as often and look to get open. perhaps avoiding being elbowed in the rib cage or scratched on his arms. playoff legends like Shaq, Hakeem and Lebron tend to adapt and get better as physicality against them rises

so, subconsciously, Stephen Curry never wanted to be the FMVP, and he's always considered the achievements/accomplishment made, in the playoffs, are overrated?

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 06:06 AM
so, subconsciously, Stephen Curry never wanted to be the FMVP, and he's always considered the achievements/accomplishment made, in the playoffs, are overrated?
he was visually disappointed during both of Kevins FMVP ceremonies, not so much Andre's as I feel Stephen accepted his subpar performance vs Dellavedova. 2019 was his best chance with Kevin out but once again he was manhandled by another role player in Fred Van Vleet. subconsciously he wants to be the man but even deeper (dream inside a dream) he is terrified to do what it takes. which is why we see players like him and Kawhi sit out for exponential amount of time, specifically to avoid superstar criticism. only to return when the timing and roster talent is fitted in their favor

Axe
04-01-2020, 06:10 AM
he was visually disappointed during both of Kevins FMVP ceremonies, not so much Andre's as I feel Stephen accepted his subpar performance vs Dellavedova. 2019 was his best chance with Kevin out but once again he was manhandled by another role player in Fred Van Vleet. subconsciously he wants to be the man but even deeper (dream inside a dream) he is terrified to do what it takes. which is why we see players like him and Kawhi sit out for exponential amount of time, specifically to avoid superstar criticism. only to return when the timing and roster talent is fitted in their favor
Any proof to this?

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 06:35 AM
Any proof to this?
yes if you search for some of the older threads on realgm Stephen's facial insecurity during the FMVP awards were a hot topic, the loss of excitement after the championship turned sour as Durant was named FMVP. but more notably most remember the 2017 X-mas game loss, Stephen was nearly on the verge of tears in the post game interview after Steve Kerr subbed him out in crunch time for being a liability on defense

If you look closely at Warriors bench during Kyries last shot over Klay, you can see Stephen unable to even watch the entire possession with his head in his lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oragndFFa8o

Here is another example of him being frustrated getting subbed out while Durant gets subbed in, even during blowout wins

https://streamable.com/5bhgr

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 07:15 AM
The only reason Curry wouldn't have any iconic playoffs moments for someone if they actually watched the playoffs is if they were like the OP: a troll desperately insecure in his idolization of an inferior player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArnkoxcJ_A

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 07:20 AM

well Curry and Leonard are 2 very different case. With Curry, there's this false sense of loyalty, as if the admission of something absolves you from the responsibilities. Curry openly welcomed Kevin Durant after losing in the finals, instead of being neutral and be his own company man, again, as if this equates to some sort of team chemistry by abilities instead of sound fundamental basketball. Leonard switched franchise and went to the NBA finals.

and regarding to Andre winning the FMVP over Curry, I can only say the resentment most certainly was carried quite deep (dream inside a dream), because it seems as if they believe that prior going into the finals, they were the underdog, and they beat out Lebron, like a Cinderella story. And if your team was the underdog and you couldn't even step up enough to secure the FMVP, imagine the type of man he is. As to the rational thoughts of the Warriors were favored due to Love and Irvings' injury. I can say I've seen the front office and coaching staff addressing such possibility, but never from the core players of Curry/Green/Thompson/Iggy.

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 07:21 AM
The only reason Curry wouldn't have any iconic playoffs moments for someone if they actually watched the playoffs is if they were like the OP: a troll desperately insecure in his idolization of an inferior player.

a 3rd quarter half court heave in the first round is a Stephen Curry iconic playoff moment. well, i can only say thank you for supporting my point even further.

GimmeThat
04-01-2020, 07:32 AM
a 3rd quarter half court heave in the first round is a Stephen Curry iconic playoff moment. well, i can only say thank you for supporting my point even further.

I suppose it sold clothes and shoes because the forms weren't downright incorrect. however, imagine this being brought up in front of a sports drink marketing executive.

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 07:36 AM

Oh that's just an appetizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VCXMk7P-u4&t=3m57s

warriorfan
04-01-2020, 10:49 AM
Curry has the highest scoring overtime in the history of the game. And he did it in a big playoff game on the road after coming back from injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh8WW2vqE&app=desktop

red1
04-01-2020, 11:12 AM
stop beating a dead horse guys. we've already seen that dingo curry doesnt even come close to goatboy #23

to think some people here actually tried to convince us that curry actually had a chance. must be some type of brain defect :roll:

dawsey6
04-01-2020, 11:27 AM
Curry has the highest scoring overtime in the history of the game. And he did it in a big playoff game on the road after coming back from injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh8WW2vqE&app=desktop

This. Also, putting up 47 in last year's finals with no KD and no Klay, while still dealing with criticism that he doesn't "step up" in big moments. While they lost that game, it indeed was a moment.

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 01:36 PM

OP asks for an iconic playoff moment and THAT'S what he comes up with :oldlol: Yeesh

imdaman99
04-01-2020, 01:51 PM
I thought he had a nice pass to Klay in game 6 against OKC :eek:

Bronbron23
04-01-2020, 01:54 PM
I was never a steph fan. I always felt that if you take away the hundreds of moving screens he gets he wouldnt be nearly as effective. Recently Ive soften a bit on that stance though. In in his absence ive kind of missed him and the warriors. They bring alot of excitement to the game. Plus alot of players rely heavily on screens in this era. Its just part of the game and smart to be honest. Yeah its a bit less manly and takes away from head to head matchups a bit but coaches and teams do a really good job at setting screens to either free up an offensive player or get them on a worse defender. Why go iso against a great defender thats gonna make it hard for you to get a good look when you dont have to?

One thing alot of you guys are missing about steph and the warriors is how effective there off ball running around screens style is. Its extremely taxing on defences and extremely difficult to defend. Steph's unselfishness allows for this system to be as effectively as it is. He could be more selfish and demand to have the ball in his hands more to create and increase his stats like james harden or luka does but he knows this isnt optimal for winning. Its kind of hard dissing him for that so i no longer do. That said im still not a huge fan. I just dont dislike him anymore and have more respect for him than i used to.

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 02:07 PM
OP asks for an iconic playoff moment and THAT'S what he comes up with :oldlol: Yeesh

So many people showing how lost they are. You need a map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZOCU2ZzhwE

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 02:13 PM
So many people showing how lost they are. You need a map.

Do you know what iconic means?

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Do you know what iconic means?

The Steph Curry three is iconic. There isn't just one. It is an idea that trancends a singular event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9CQ_y0UJs

Docs Orders
04-01-2020, 02:26 PM
can't quite put my finger on one specific moment of his playoff career at all

and looking at this thread it seems neither can his stans

1st and 3rd quarter buzzer beaters? :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 02:28 PM

Bruh, those were ICONIC 3rd quarter buzzer beaters. Show some respect

Docs Orders
04-01-2020, 02:30 PM

"47 points in a loss doe"

looks like Lebron's game 1 50 bomb in 2018 was legendary :roll:

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 02:35 PM

Yeah the problem with Curry is that when he gets going he beats his opponents to a pulp too often so that the game is over before it can really get too exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So3Yebkp1ns

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 02:37 PM

His career is too rich with moments to be reduced to one event unlike some lesser players.

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 02:39 PM
Yeah the problem with Curry is that when he gets going he beats his opponents to a pulp too often so that the game is over before it can really get too exciting.

It's funny though, anytime the game does get close, or the season is on the line, it's Klay, Dray and Durant that make the memorable plays and having the iconic performances

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 02:39 PM
The Steph Curry three is iconic. There isn't just one. It is an idea that trancends a singular event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X9CQ_y0UJs

you clearly dont have the slightest clue lol

99% of bball fans would not be able to recall this shot if you mentioned this game

Docs Orders
04-01-2020, 02:40 PM
His career is too rich with moments to be reduced to one event unlike some lesser players.

and yet you can't even name one that anyone is familiar with :yaohappy:

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 02:44 PM
you clearly dont have the slightest clue lol

99% of bball fans would not be able to recall this shot if you mentioned this game

I remembered it. Warriors fans would remember it. You're free to make another thread listing all the iconic playoffs moments of other players if you want for comparison.

I'm pretty sure Houston fans will remember this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMNjRcEcCY

:yaohappy:

scuzzy
04-01-2020, 02:46 PM
It's funny though, anytime the game does get close, or the season is on the line, it's Klay, Dray and Durant that make the memorable plays and having the iconic performances
Yep

and like OP said, the only notable playoff game of Curry's is the 2016 Blazers gm 4 game

a series which Warriors already were up 2-1 without him and also won the series before without him

FKAri
04-01-2020, 02:48 PM
You're not going to have many when your nickname is the baby dicced assassin

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 02:48 PM

He's being sarcastic. Nothing Curry ever did was iconic.

He came real close 2013 WCSF G1 and 2016 WCSF G4.

Outside of that he has plenty great games, some nice buzzer beaters, occasionaly showed up in the clutch ('17 WCF G1).

But its the same problem for Kobe, and you notice their fans significantly lowering the bar for "iconic", so much that they mention single plays (alley-oop). Iconic moment, arguably, but not game. Moment because of what it represented, not the difficulty.

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 02:50 PM
I remembered it. Warriors fans would remember it. You're free to make another thread listing all the iconic playoffs moments of other players if you want for comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peYMscTOZaM

You have to be trolling with that. You literally included a missed shot up 20 in the 4th quarter

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 03:00 PM
He's being sarcastic. Nothing Curry ever did was iconic.

He came real close 2013 WCSF G1 and 2016 WCSF G4.

Outside of that he has plenty great games, some nice buzzer beaters, occasionaly showed up in the clutch ('17 WCF G1).

But its the same problem for Kobe, and you notice their fans significantly lowering the bar for "iconic", so much that they mention single plays (alley-oop). Iconic moment, arguably, but not game. Moment because of what it represented, not the difficulty.

I'd love for you to mention all the stars that came back from double digits down after the first half in playoffs elimination games more than Stephen Curry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxC_oNxEKM

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:03 PM
I'd love for you to mention all the stars that came back from double digits down after the first half in playoffs elimination games more than Stephen Curry.

what?!

When you gotta add that much shit to your criteria, it probably won't check.

I think you are refering to them "overcoming" the Paul-less Rockets?

Yeah, once a team loses their best/2nd best player on an already short rotation, in a game in which either another teammate pulls them back in (game 6) or is severely call-diluted (game 7), there probably won't be anything iconic about it.

controversial, would the apt term be.

But sure, maybe you thought it was iconic how they beat a team that was a 7/1 underdog

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:10 PM
You have to be trolling with that. You literally included a missed shot up 20 in the 4th quarter

prolly meant to highlight the rockets game 7 three

nikka just showing any random bucket now and calling it "iconic" lol

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 03:11 PM
He has posted up to 5 videos and, while great plays, I couldn't recall a single one if I tried, and I think that's the case for 95% of the people. It's becoming glaringly obvious a). you have no idea what iconic means, b). Curry doesn't have any iconic moments. You made the argument that most games are out of reach therefore there isn't time for an iconic moment, yet every time the going gets tough, Curry is nowhere to be found and it's Klay stepping up in game 6, it's Durant (whose championships are nonexistent) and Draymond calling the shots. Oof.

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 03:15 PM
He has posted up to 5 videos and, while great plays, I couldn't recall a single one if I tried, and I think that's the case for 95% of the people. It's becoming glaringly obvious a). you have no idea what iconic means, b). Curry doesn't have any iconic moments. You made the argument that most games are out of reach therefore there isn't time for an iconic moment, yet every time the going gets tough, Curry is nowhere to be found and it's Klay stepping up in game 6, it's Durant (whose championships are nonexistent) and Draymond calling the shots. Oof.

Only shows you have bad memory or are dependent on media to create moments to latch on to.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/richard-jefferson-perfectly-sums-warriors-sweep-three-tweets

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:19 PM
Only shows you have bad memory or are dependent on media to create moments to latch on to.

If you went to an average ball fan and said "yo, remember 2018 finals game 1, remember what Curry did there?" How long do you think it would take for a person to recall the buzzer beater, and do you think they would deem that an "iconic" moment?

Lmao.

Not even a game, we lowered the bar to moment.

Shit, creating iconic moments is kinda easy.

Here's another iconic playoff moment, by Ian Mahinmi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z657Q1NcNF8

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 03:19 PM

Other than his game winner in Oklahoma City, which was a regular season game, there's not a single moment that comes to mind, no matter how hard you push. It would seem you agree with this as well, knowing you've posted all but iconic moments. Double yikes.

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 03:20 PM
If you went to an average ball fan and said "yo, remember 2018 finals game 1, remember what Curry did there?" How long do you think it would take for a person to recall the buzzer beater, and do you think they would deem that an "iconic" moment?

Lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sivOlDB2Ml8

ICONIC moment from Kirk Hinrich. Think about this every day.

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 03:21 PM
Oh that's just an appetizer.

it's now 12 hours since this appetizer and you've posted nothing but routine end of quarter buzzer beaters. this is just embarrassing

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 03:21 PM

Lmao.

What's crazy is that ACTUALLY was more memorable than any of the Curry shots that were posted. I wouldn't necessarily think of it off the top of my head when thinking about Game 6, but I absolutely remembered it as soon as I saw you posted it :lol

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 03:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sivOlDB2Ml8

ICONIC moment from Kirk Hinrich. Think about this every day.

Clearly you don't understand the difference between a three by Stephen Curry and a three by any other player. But do go on.

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Got another iconic playoff moment guys, Gary Neal this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGltzck9wOg

I-C-O-N-I-C Moment

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 03:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3olruGGZA4

What say you, Durant's most ICONIC moment ever?

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMNjRcEcCY

whats crazy is there was actually an iconic playoff moment in that game a couple of minutes earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgrM0OIsYA

now thats what i call iconic.

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 03:29 PM
Remember Kyrie's shot in the 4th quarter of game 7 in the 2016 finals where he gave the Cavs the lead with 0:52 to go? Neither do I. What I remember, is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B73qmOQ7r0w

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:30 PM
Remember Kyrie's shot in the 4th quarter of game 7 in the 2016 finals where he gave the Cavs the lead with 0:52 to go? Neither do I. What I remember, is this:

damn

that shit was so iconic, a moment etched into history

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:31 PM
Clearly you don't understand the difference between a three by Stephen Curry and a three by any other player. But do go on.

If you need the name/brand to make it better than something else, you're in some deepy delusional sad shit lol.

in the mean time,

i got an almost iconic moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5Tci-nMIo

too bad, would have been an iconic moment for sure had he been 2 steps back

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 03:32 PM

iconic 1st round buzzer beater

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 03:34 PM
Jesus, WAY too many iconic shots being posted right now. Got another one here that no one will soon forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ptq2unMyY0

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 03:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JorwLwOSc5k

Is this the most iconic shot and assist in Golden State history? It has a case.

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Jesus, WAY too many iconic shots being posted right now

Yeah I know. I didn't know you guys had such a low threshold for what constitutes iconic. I don't know what makes any of the above examples given by you guys notable.

On the other hand one of the earlier shots I gave as a representative iconic shot was one in a series that set a record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0GN85Vn2Yk

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Jesus, WAY too many iconic shots being posted right now. Got another one here that no one will soon forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ptq2unMyY0

damn shame it was igoudala who hit that, so it wasnt iconic

if only durant had passed it to his left and curry had hit it

we would have had another iconic moment :(

tpols
04-01-2020, 03:42 PM
Chef is somewhat feast or famine.

He's either burying you in an avalanche, or struggling. Teams also completely sell out to stop him in the playoffs.

In 2015, he buried everybody despite facing double team traps at half court due to his deadly range. This allowed a cast away Iggy to go off.

2016, same story. Put the nail in the Thunder's coffin in the 4th quarter of game 7 (deja vu from gthe regular season). And then allowed 2nd round dray to go off.

2017 and 2018, he sacrificed his big balls KO style to allow Durant to flourish... an already dominant player, he put up an astounding 35 ppg on 70 TS... literally made the man a GOAT.

There's never been an enhancer like Curry before because there's never been a guy who gets consistently targeted and doubled from as far away from the basket as he has.

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 03:44 PM
Chef is somewhat feast or famine.

He's either burying you in an avalanche, or struggling. Teams also completely sell out to stop him in the playoffs.

In 2015, he buried everybody despite facing double team traps at half court due to his deadly range. This allowed a cast away Iggy to go off.

2016, same story. Put the nail in the Thunder's coffin in the 4th quarter of game 7 (deja vu from gthe regular season). And then allowed 2nd round dray to go off.

2017 and 2018, he sacrificed his big balls KO style to allow Durant to flourish... an already dominant player, he put up an astounding 35 ppg on 70 TS... literally made the man a GOAT.

There's never been an enhancer like Curry before because there's never been a guy who gets consistently targeted and doubled from as far away from the basket as he has.

that's a nice essay you got there, any chance you can find an iconic playoff moment of Curry's other than incoherent off topic rambling?

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 03:56 PM
it's now 12 hours since this appetizer and you've posted nothing but routine end of quarter buzzer beaters. this is just embarrassing

Yeah I just posted some memes, some records, and shots that killed the opposition in elimination games.

I think you guys need to figure out what iconic means given the examples you have given in turn.

As it is you guys are like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZLD9B_EXas

Stanley Kobrick
04-01-2020, 04:05 PM
replies: 70
views: 790
iconic Curry playoff moments listed: 0

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 04:06 PM
:roll:

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 04:06 PM
views: 690

https://media.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.gif

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 04:10 PM

We can argue about the number of iconic playoffs moments Curry has had. But 3-1. That's not open to debate. :roll:

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2020, 04:12 PM
We can argue about the number of iconic playoffs moments Curry has had. But 3-1. That's not open to debate. :roll:
You're right, 3-1 just might be his most memorable moment

Uncle Drew
04-01-2020, 04:13 PM

:roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 04:14 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/3j9GJRoshVyidxgu2I/giphy.gif

ArbitraryWater
04-01-2020, 04:16 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SecretIgnorantCanadagoose-size_restricted.gif

Docs Orders
04-01-2020, 04:22 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt4HU9uwXmXSAuI/giphy.gif

LAmbruh
04-01-2020, 04:29 PM
Steve Kerr has more iconic playoff moments than Curry

let that sink in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12VMuqXVGRw

red1
04-01-2020, 04:45 PM
curry's most iconic moments are being blocked by goatboy #23. very iconic.

Akeem34TheDream
04-01-2020, 05:07 PM
This thread was painful to read. I legit felt sad about that Steph fan.

Stephonit
04-01-2020, 05:17 PM
This thread was painful to read. I legit felt sad about that Steph fan.

Don't worry about it. I don't feel sad at all that you cannot appreciate genius but instead settle for mediocrity because media tells you to.

LAmbruh
04-01-2020, 07:36 PM
curry's most iconic moments are being blocked by goatboy #23. very iconic.

:applause::cheers:

fourkicks44
04-01-2020, 08:43 PM
https://youtu.be/-giGJuFcm7k

:confusedshrug:

red1
04-01-2020, 08:48 PM
just not that good.

Docs Orders
04-01-2020, 10:51 PM
Don't worry about it. I don't feel sad at all that you cannot appreciate genius but instead settle for mediocrity because media tells you to.

do you have anymore iconic 1st qt buzzer beaters

Stephonit
04-02-2020, 12:20 AM
do you have anymore iconic 1st qt buzzer beaters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrS66Uu0bb4

TheCorporation
04-02-2020, 12:27 AM

Body bagged

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 12:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dheZHuPSAo

peaked in okc?

Docs Orders
04-02-2020, 12:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrS66Uu0bb4

so memorable:bowdown:

Uncle Drew
04-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Does LeBron have more iconic moments in the 2018 playoffs alone than Curry does over a whole career?

Uncle Drew
04-02-2020, 12:50 PM
Let me rephrase this. Does LeBron have more iconic moments in the 2018 Raptors series than Curry does over a whole career?

LAmbruh
04-02-2020, 01:17 PM
Let me rephrase this. Does LeBron have more iconic moments in the 2018 Raptors series than Curry does over a whole career?

crazy, vs the very same team that shit on Curry the following season as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XWgRpfkxhY

no kyrie, no problem

SWEPT :bowdown:

Stephonit
04-02-2020, 01:27 PM

What does that manufactured sham have to do with this thread? You want to create another thread dedicated to him go ahead but don't pollute this one. Curry has been more dominant against the Trail Blazers.

Stephonit
04-02-2020, 04:05 PM

Most PPG in a 4-game sweep (NBA Playoff History)
SERIES PLAYER PPG
2019 Conf. finals Stephen Curry 36.5
2002 NBA Finals Shaquille O'Neal 36.3
[...]
2018 Conf. semis LeBron James 34.0

The Trailblazers are up 17 and I’m still 50/50 on if they will win this game.

— Richard Jefferson (@Rjeff24) May 17, 2019

— Richard Jefferson (@Rjeff24) May 19, 2019

— Richard Jefferson (@Rjeff24) May 21, 2019

One holds the record. The other doesn't. One was executed with gumption and exemplified tenacity. The other was a media created overhyped story.

Uncle Drew
04-02-2020, 04:18 PM
crazy, vs the very same team that shit on Curry the following season as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XWgRpfkxhY

no kyrie, no problem

Remember that night LeBronto happened? Most demoralising player in the history of the game. That was peak LeBron, no ****s given.

warriorfan
04-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Most PPG in a 4-game sweep (NBA Playoff History)
SERIES PLAYER PPG
2019 Conf. finals Stephen Curry 36.5
2002 NBA Finals Shaquille O'Neal 36.3
[...]
2018 Conf. semis LeBron James 34.0

— Richard Jefferson (@Rjeff24) May 17, 2019

— Richard Jefferson (@Rjeff24) May 19, 2019

— Richard Jefferson (@Rjeff24) May 21, 2019

One holds the record. The other doesn't. One was executed with gumption and exemplified tenacity. The other was a media created overhyped story.

Dingo’d

highwhey
04-02-2020, 05:08 PM
He's just not that good.

Axe
04-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Remember that night LeBronto happened? Most demoralising player in the history of the game. That was peak LeBron, no ****s given.
A lebronto and his team that swept that series, only to suffer the same thing in the same year's finals. Pathetic.

LAmbruh
04-02-2020, 06:08 PM

:rockon:

AirFederer
04-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Is 2011 still Lebron biggest PO moment? I’d say yes.
LeGoat.

LAmbruh
04-02-2020, 06:16 PM
Is 2011 still Lebron biggest PO moment? I’d say yes.
LeGoat.

2011 Steph Curry

missed playoffs

:(

AirFederer
04-02-2020, 06:21 PM
2011 Steph Curry

missed playoffs

:(

2011 was iconic to both then :cheers:

Stanley Kobrick
04-02-2020, 06:22 PM
it seems after 100 replies we have yet to figure out why Stephen Curry has no iconic playoff moments

Stephonit
04-02-2020, 09:12 PM
it seems after 100 replies we have yet to figure out why Stephen Curry has no iconic playoff moments

Warriors fans don't have any problem remembering a loooong list of iconic moments to enjoy and cherish. But I guess there are others out there who are traumatized and block all memories of him out. This is rather low on my list of moments but going by the posts of others here maybe it is more your thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4CoZM4gsJc

FireDavidKahn
04-02-2020, 09:32 PM
He does.
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/oleantimesherald.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/98/8985a6e4-369c-11e6-bccd-dba6104d308d/57676c271005b.image.jpg

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 09:34 PM
He does.
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/oleantimesherald.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/98/8985a6e4-369c-11e6-bccd-dba6104d308d/57676c271005b.image.jpg

:lol

Axe
04-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Curry sucks at making game winning shots during the playoffs.

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 01:39 AM
Curry sucks at making game winning shots during the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nzCSbuVNFA

Uncle Drew
04-03-2020, 01:56 AM
:rockon:

This guy was launching a bunch of fadeaway jumpers from the 3pt line and making every single one of them. :roll: GOAT. Iconic.

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 03:20 AM
This guy was launching a bunch of fadeaway jumpers from the 3pt line and making every single one of them. :roll: GOAT. Iconic.

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/w0GN85Vn2Yk

Greatest. Iconic. Gotcha.

Uncle Drew
04-03-2020, 03:31 AM
You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/w0GN85Vn2Yk

Greatest. Iconic. Gotcha.

I didn't see a 1st quarter buzzer beater in there, not iconic.

Cleverness
04-03-2020, 03:42 AM
curry is GOAT playoff player , actually

of all MVPers

STEPHEN CURRY is only undefeated player in all playoff series when his team isn't injured and/or suspended

all time

wow

too much goat, no need for icon

not even kobe, MJ, etc :eek:

GimmeThat
04-03-2020, 03:58 AM
well, he's an undersized SG who can shoot the ball and didn't even show he had the brain to run the point at the college level.

he was put at the PG position at first due to players at other positions are good enough passers and this was the only way to stop him from being a defensive liability.

so if you want to use the word Iconic on a shoot first PG. I think we'd have to get rid of the aspect of dribbling all together to make it happen.

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 04:11 AM

Now that you mention it maybe he is. He is on the team with the best playoffs record in history and he has the record +/- in the playoffs since it has been tracked.

Good job.

Turbo Slayer
04-03-2020, 07:41 AM
This is a Curry bashing thread. Not surprised given the standards of ISH. :facepalm

People just dont know how to appreciate greatness.

To answer the question of OP here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZbjHLA9NKc

Axe
04-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Lol but his team were leading throughout the video.

Lebron23
04-03-2020, 08:33 AM
Steph is a cuckold. He let a perennial playoffs loser like KD takeover his team.

red1
04-03-2020, 08:46 AM
lifelong curry fan was a fan of curry since he was conceived in his mothers womb and I gotta say I cant think of any iconic moments. definitely not a ray allen type moment

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 10:12 AM
Lol but his team were leading throughout the video.

Glad you pointed it out. I thought making you watch the last 5 minutes might have been indulgent on my part so I settled for the last 2 but hey if you really want to verify:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a-Snlpy6-Y

warriorfan
04-03-2020, 10:23 AM

of all MVPers

STEPHEN CURRY is only undefeated player in all playoff series when his team isn't injured and/or suspended

all time

wow

too much goat, no need for icon

not even kobe, MJ, etc :eek:

Damn.

Incredible.

LAmbruh
04-03-2020, 10:39 AM
He does.

:lebronamazed::yaohappy:

Hey Yo
04-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Steph is a cuckold. He let a perennial playoffs loser like KD takeover his team.
Imagine winning the title and then spending the entire following season begging the 2nd best player in the league to join your team that summer.

"Here's the thing that's interesting about Golden State -- their players have been recruiting Kevin Durant all year. And it goes back to early in the season when the Thunder were struggling. And I don't know if Golden State saw them as a peer; I don't know that they saw them as a threat ... Kevin Durant, just like he was hearing from guys in Boston, Washington, different places -- he was hearing from guys on the Warriors about, 'Hey, you can come help take the pressure off of Steph Curry. We need you.' This is when they were running off win after win after win.

"They had him on their mind. He's been on their mind. And it appealed to him. And some of it was text messages, it's a lot of that. But the communication with some of the players in Golden State and Kevin, that's just not just starting now."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/report-warriors-players-recruited-kevin-durant-all-season

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 10:46 AM
With Curry there are so many great plays it starts to seem like everything is a highlight and one cannot just choose one to represent them. The comebacks from double digits down are so numerous it's become kind of expected. Yet another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckyRtpQ-Oio&t=20s

Stanley Kobrick
04-03-2020, 11:15 AM
After 125 replies and over 2.5k views, it seems we have still yet to find a notable Stephen Curry playoff moment throughout his career. Very fascinating observation to say the least

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 12:36 PM
After 125 replies and over 2.5k views, it seems we have still yet to find a notable Stephen Curry playoff moment throughout his career. Very fascinating observation to say the least

Fascinating indeed. Lesser player shooting threes consecutively is deemed iconic by some people, but the record setting performance is ignored by them.

Lesser player sweeps his opposition and is lionized, but the record setting sweep set by Curry is again ignored.

Clearly Curry is being graded on a curve because he busts the standard points of reference. Truly one of a kind player. He is beyond precedent. People cannot grasp just how good he is. His rivals' fans are scared.

Stanley Kobrick
04-03-2020, 12:44 PM
i feel as though stephens most iconic playoff moment came at the hands of Kyrie Irving

if you look closely, cavaliers plan was to target Stephen on defense and get him on Kyrie. a very wise choice if i do say so myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIF8zcj_J4Y

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 12:55 PM
i feel as though stephens most iconic playoff moment came at the hands of Kyrie Irving

if you look closely, cavaliers plan was to target Stephen on defense and get him on Kyrie. a very wise choice if i do say so myself

I guess so since the Warriors have won so much the few times they are beaten must be celebrated with extra relish by those who have been regularly vanquished.

Uncle Drew
04-03-2020, 01:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIF8zcj_J4Y

But what about this iconic moment?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BleakBlushingHalibut-size_restricted.gif

Doranku
04-03-2020, 01:18 PM

tbh, I think this play ended Curry in 2016. Dude had a meltdown immediately after this play, got tossed, and played like absolute dogshit in game 7. Bran ended him.

Stephonit
04-03-2020, 01:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWr84CPJ7mg

Stanley Kobrick
04-03-2020, 01:36 PM

very fascinating moment indeed, was this the iconic mouthpiece game?

Overdrive
04-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Typical Curry, hitting shots when they're up.

FireDavidKahn
04-03-2020, 07:22 PM

Where was the game winning shot?

red1
04-03-2020, 07:26 PM
curry aint got shit. came to a gunfight with a water pistol and got shit on.

he's lucky he's had klay to guard every star for him and then he literally got carried harder than any superstar ever in 2017 and 2018 when he played on the most stacked teams of all time. its why he doesnt have any finals MVPs unlike kd and kawhi.

SouBeachTalents
04-03-2020, 07:26 PM
Where was the game winning shot?
Check behind the FMVP's

red1
04-03-2020, 07:27 PM
curry had some amazing moments in the western conference but he isnt on the level of a kd or a kawhi, let alone a lebron.

FireDavidKahn
04-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Check behind the FMVP's

:lebronamazed::hammertime:

LAmbruh
04-03-2020, 08:29 PM
Check behind the FMVP's

ouch :yaohappy:

Stanley Kobrick
04-03-2020, 10:16 PM
i agree with you Overdrive

Stephonit
04-04-2020, 12:13 AM

And the Warriors aren't feared even when teams are ahead by double digits. Right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxnKhjGpxOk

I think I have identified a new malady that afflicts certain basketball fans.

I'll call it PCTSD: Post Curry Traumatic Stress Disorder.

warriorfan
04-04-2020, 12:56 AM
And the Warriors aren't feared even when teams are ahead by double digits. Right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxnKhjGpxOk

I think I have identified a new malady that afflicts certain basketball fans.

I'll call it PCTSD: Post Curry Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Oh no! Another one! Steph Curry the GOAT!

Smoke117
04-04-2020, 01:33 AM
Oh no! Another one! Steph Curry the GOAT!

Oh, no, another one. Your entire cringe gimmick coming under fire. You're a really pathetic fakkot you know that?

Proctor
04-04-2020, 01:36 AM
Oh, no, another one. Your entire cringe gimmick coming under fire. You're a really pathetic fakkot you know that?
Are you okay?

Smoke117
04-04-2020, 01:41 AM
Are you okay?

Are you not telling us something? Why would you ask that when i'm calling out a world class fakkot like curryfan? Are you trying to take a break off your 2 year troll escapade and try and be real now? It's a little to- late, baby boy. You are universally a board joke, period, at this point. Might as well start a new account...if you haven't already.

Proctor
04-04-2020, 01:43 AM
Are you not telling us something? Why would ask that when i'm calling out a world class fakkot like curryfan?
Just doing a wellness check. You seem a little disheveled. :ohwell:

Axe
04-04-2020, 04:26 AM
Damn what did just happen on this freak of a site.

LAmbruh
04-04-2020, 02:41 PM
Damn what did just happen on this freak of a site.

:oldlol:

red1
04-04-2020, 03:02 PM
michael jordan is the ps5
lebron is the xbox series x
curry is the soulja boy console

thats the tiers of players that we are talking about here.

I had to do a lot of research to come to this conclusion.

Stephonit
04-04-2020, 04:31 PM
I had to do a lot of research to come to this conclusion.

It shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX7FVYSZcVM

Stanley Kobrick
04-04-2020, 10:51 PM
It seems after 150 replies and 3,100 views we have still yet to find a notable Stephen Curry iconic playoff moment

FireDavidKahn
04-04-2020, 10:54 PM
It seems after 150 replies and 3,100 views we have still yet to find a notable Stephen Curry iconic playoff moment

You can't find something that doesn't exist

Stanley Kobrick
04-04-2020, 10:57 PM
You can't find something that doesn't exist

that user Stephonit had quite a selection of 1st quarter buzzer beaters, but unfortunately copy pasting a handful of videos from his youtube suggestions doesn't quite crack that icon barrier

Stephonit
04-05-2020, 12:01 AM
that user Stephonit had quite a selection of 1st quarter buzzer beaters, but unfortunately copy pasting a handful of videos from his youtube suggestions doesn't quite crack that icon barrier

If people like you suffer delusions brought about by PCTSD because you think the achievements of lesser players are iconic when Curry is the record holder in the category there's no helping you. Cling to your cherished iconic memories if you wish. Just know there are people who know the reality and that your memories are media created fantasies.

I mean there were actually people who thought that with KD injured the Rockets should be favorites against the Warriors because media talking heads said so!

They were bound to be disappointed like this guy when the lie was exposed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS5hqMb39aI

Axe
04-05-2020, 12:07 AM
Then again, dubs stans used to say that 'no kd, no problem' when the warriors swept the trailblazers easily in the wcf last year but when they suddenly find themselves amidst a 3-1 deficit against the raptors in the finals of the same year, their stans made a lot of reasonings about those injuries hobbling the team.

Stephonit
04-05-2020, 12:10 AM
Then again, dubs stans used to say that 'no kd, no problem' when the warriors swept the trailblazers easily in the wcf last year but when they suddenly find themselves amidst a 3-1 deficit against the raptors in the finals of the same year, their stans made a lot of reasonings about those injuries hobbling the team.

The portions where Klay wasn't injured showed it would have been a fascinating match.

Axe
04-05-2020, 12:15 AM
The portions where Klay wasn't injured showed it would have been a fascinating match.
Lmao it's too late.

TheCorporation
04-05-2020, 12:26 AM

Reminds me of the "What's MJ's best ring" thread :lol

warriorfan
04-05-2020, 11:14 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Y2LxW6yp/16628041-0-D4-C-4-F93-AB78-CBC07-F1-C6085.jpg

superduper
04-05-2020, 11:17 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Y2LxW6yp/16628041-0-D4-C-4-F93-AB78-CBC07-F1-C6085.jpg

Lol, I legit wonder why Brannies have to scream to themselves every single day 20x a day that "Bran's the GOAT".

warriorfan
04-05-2020, 11:23 AM
Lol, I legit wonder why Brannies have to scream to themselves every single day 20x a day that "Bran's the GOAT".

:oldlol: it’s almost as they don’t even believe their own unconvincing bullshit unless they chant it every day to themselves like they are in some sort of wacky cult.

Stephonit
04-05-2020, 11:26 AM
:oldlol: it’s almost as they don’t even believe their own unconvincing bullshit unless they chant it every day to themselves like they are in some sort of wacky cult.

What else are they supposed to do? The facts don't align with their fantasies.

Turbo Slayer
04-05-2020, 11:48 AM
Stephen Curry has many iconic playoff moments. Stop trolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9aaZMxsd74&t=163s

brownmamba00
04-05-2020, 11:52 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1fyI1fxFk

Not iconic tho

Uncle Drew
04-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Would this qualify as an iconic moment?

https://i.gifer.com/TZjm.gif

SouBeachTalents
04-05-2020, 12:26 PM

It's not a first quarter buzzer beater, but it's honestly more well known than anything else that's been posted

scuzzy
04-05-2020, 12:28 PM

Docs Orders
04-05-2020, 08:03 PM

AlternativeAcc.
04-05-2020, 08:05 PM

This and getting blocked by LeBron are literally the most memorable playoff moments for Curry... oh yeah and the temper tantrum mouthpiece thing... and his fat wife claiming rigged on twitter

AlternativeAcc.
04-05-2020, 08:06 PM

Docs Orders
04-05-2020, 08:06 PM

This and getting blocked by LeBron are literally the most memorable playoff moments for Curry... oh yeah and the temper tantrum mouthpiece thing... and his fat wife claiming rigged on twitter

it's funny cus it's true :roll:

SouBeachTalents
04-05-2020, 08:07 PM

Kyrie drilling the series winner in his grill and Love locking him up to win the Finals are definitely up there too

AlternativeAcc.
04-05-2020, 08:16 PM
Kyrie drilling the series winner in his grill and Love locking him up to win the Finals are definitely up there too

Indeed, I remember those moments vividly

it seems as though Curry has no memorable moments that are positive. They're all negative and embarrassing

I even remember his daughter bullying him in post-game interviews during playoff ball, he's the first player in history to be told "shut up" by his kid during a presser... softest man alive

SouBeachTalents
04-05-2020, 08:20 PM
Indeed, I remember those moments vividly

it seems as though Curry has no memorable moments that are positive. They're all negative and embarrassing

I even remember his daughter bullying him in post-game interviews during playoff ball, he's the first player in history to be told "shut up" by his kid during a presser... softest man alive
He was even getting blocked after the whistle :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUmkorc5IZ0

AlternativeAcc.
04-05-2020, 08:22 PM
He was even getting blocked after the whistle :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUmkorc5IZ0

has the body language of a little kid after his dad blocks him at the park in front of his friends

AirBonner
04-05-2020, 08:24 PM
Peaked in OKC

TheCorporation
04-05-2020, 08:25 PM

LAmbruh
04-05-2020, 08:32 PM

has the body language of a little kid after his dad blocks him at the park in front of his friends

FireDavidKahn
04-05-2020, 08:38 PM
It's not a first quarter buzzer beater, but it's honestly more well known than anything else that's been posted

Got 'em!

FireDavidKahn
04-05-2020, 08:39 PM

:D

FireDavidKahn
04-05-2020, 08:40 PM

Axe
04-05-2020, 09:03 PM
When you make three consecutive posts composing of some words and some smileys.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRIklmgY6dZidzHiaDbMCj9x4eEX2T NqQ07e0x8ye7aWgftby9z&usqp=CAU

LAmbruh
04-05-2020, 09:12 PM

Stephonit
04-06-2020, 12:42 PM
Laugh all you want at the precious few opportunities you have. We all know how this rodeo turned out and how empty the mirth is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_WKi-2228

He who laughs last laughs best.

Stanley Kobrick
04-06-2020, 04:06 PM
It seems after 185 replies we have still yet to find an iconic Stephen Curry playoff moment. Fascinating lack of discovery to say the least

superduper
04-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Different accounts.

Same deranged loser.

Stephonit
04-06-2020, 04:29 PM
It seems after 185 replies we have still yet to find an iconic Stephen Curry playoff moment. Fascinating lack of discovery to say the least

The large number afflicted by PCTSD on this site is fascinating. How cult fan worship of a particular individual can lead to delusions and denialism about rivals and dissociation with reality seems to be a phenomenon in modern American society. I wonder how this transfers to politics. Did it start in popular culture or vice versa? Did it presage Trump? Truly a phenomenon worthy of study for anthropologists and sociologists.

RRR3
04-06-2020, 04:31 PM
The large number afflicted by PCTSD on this site is fascinating. How cult fan worship of a particular individual can lead to delusions and denialism about rivals and dissociation with reality seems to be a phenomenon in modern American society. I wonder how this transfers to politics. Did it start in popular culture or vice versa? Did it presage Trump? Truly a phenomenon worthy of study for anthropologists and sociologists.
Bro give it a rest. He has no iconic playoff moments. It's ok. Many legends don't.

Stephonit
04-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Bro give it a rest. He has no iconic playoff moments. It's ok. Many legends don't.

But you are wrong. Curry has tons of iconic playoffs moments for Warriors fans. Which probably gets to the heart of the matter: iconic moments differ depending on the audience. What is iconic for one audience is not necessarily the case for another. Media can keep foisting supposedly iconic moments on us but that doesn't mean we accept it or agree with their choices. I'm sure many Republicans would roll their eyes at the things dubbed as iconic involving Obama and many Democrats would do the same for moments involving Reagan or Trump.

Axe
04-07-2020, 03:16 AM
I repeat; curry is 0/8 in crucial go-ahead shots during the last 20 seconds of the game.

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 03:45 AM
I repeat; curry is 0/8 in crucial go-ahead shots during the last 20 seconds of the game.

In other words he's only found himself in a such a situation 8 times—and he didn't even lose all 8 of those. He ended up winning at least one of those games.

It's a misleading number. Better to be 0/8 in such situations than 12/24 because the latter still means 12 times you likely lost instead of just 8.

Axe
04-07-2020, 03:45 AM
In other words he's only found himself in a such a situation 8 times—and he didn't even lose all 8 of those. He ended up winning at least one of those games.

It's a misleading number. Better to be 0/8 in such situations than 12/24 because that latter still means 12 times you likely lost instead of just 8.
🤣🤣🤣

Uncle Drew
04-07-2020, 03:46 AM

It's a misleading number. Better to be 0/8 in such situations than 12/24 because the latter still means 12 times you likely lost instead of just 8.

Impressive mental gymnastics.

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 03:48 AM
Impressive mental gymnastics.

Not at all.

A probable explanation that makes complete sense: Curry only gets into close games when his shooting is off. When his shooting is on, he blows opponents away.

Uncle Drew
04-07-2020, 03:58 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImprobableAnxiousCock-size_restricted.gif

Axe
04-07-2020, 04:03 AM
History can repeat itself.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EllipticalImmaterialKrill.webp

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 04:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0WaEu6pbKU

scuzzy
04-07-2020, 12:06 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImprobableAnxiousCock-size_restricted.gif

iconic moment :applause:

ArbitraryWater
04-07-2020, 12:13 PM
History can repeat itself.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EllipticalImmaterialKrill.webp

why did he even take that...

curry wanted no part of dribbling that and the clock going down even further.. wouldnt have gotten shit out of it

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 12:16 PM

curry wanted no part of dribbling that and the clock going down even further.. wouldnt have gotten shit out of it

Three defenders bearing down on him and one wonders why?

warriorfan
04-07-2020, 12:24 PM

Reminds me when LeBron was being guarded by Steph Curry and he passed to George Hill for the the game winner. :oldlol:

“my bran made the right basketball play doe!”

ArbitraryWater
04-07-2020, 12:25 PM
Three defenders bearing down on him and one wonders why?

There were 2 defenders on him, and if Curry was smarter and more confident he would have split the Ibaka/Van Vleet double.

ATG's should be able to get a good 2 point look with that much time. Curry usually doesn't.

ArbitraryWater
04-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Reminds me when LeBron was being guarded by Steph Curry and he passed to George Hill for the the game winner. :oldlol:

“my bran made the right basketball play doe!”

Don't see any resemblance, but nothing gets by you.

LeBron got someone 2 at the charity stripe, why in the blue should he pull up for a tougher 2?

warriorfan
04-07-2020, 12:27 PM
Don't see any resemblance, but nothing gets by you.

LeBron got someone 2 at the charity stripe, why in the blue should he pull up for a tougher 2?

If you have to ask you will never know. Low iq bran stan for life.

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 12:28 PM
There were 2 defenders on him, and if Curry was smarter and more confident he would have split the Ibaka/Van Vleet double.

ATG's should be able to get a good 2 point look with that much time. Curry usually doesn't.

Split the double? Did you see where Curry was coming from and the momentum he was carrying? That he could even pivot and shoot that with such quickness is likely a skill beyond most players.

ArbitraryWater
04-07-2020, 12:42 PM
Split the double? Did you see where Curry was coming from and the momentum he was carrying? That he could even pivot and shoot that with such quickness is likely a skill beyond most players.

You see skill in the most mundane things.

Guess thats what its gotta take to find iconic moments for Curry

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 12:57 PM
You see skill in the most mundane things.

Guess thats what its gotta take to find iconic moments for Curry

Yeah that's why fans of lesser players have to settle for made up "iconic moments" while Curry's got records.

Stanley Kobrick
04-07-2020, 11:02 PM
It seems after 200+ replies we have still yet to find one single iconic Stephen Curry playoff moment. fascinating conclusion

Axe
04-07-2020, 11:05 PM
It seems after 200+ replies we have still yet to find one single iconic Stephen Curry playoff moment. fascinating conclusion
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQZ3zOkdXU1tdeIPgy5YCoy8xUiVIo gwby5e8jFWIGZlpi5aaOm&usqp=CAU

SouBeachTalents
04-07-2020, 11:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAG6CVYScY&t=78s

LAmbruh
04-07-2020, 11:11 PM

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quf9rjK9ZsI

We can probably add more detail and commentary later.

red1
04-07-2020, 11:41 PM
Ive never seen a player go down the all-time rankings AFTER winning two rings. we had him potential top 15 after winning two MVPs and a ring but then kd came and took over his team and completely made us forget about the 'ol dingo.

kd probably took his top-15 all-time spot as well.

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 11:49 PM
Ive never seen a player go down the all-time rankings AFTER winning two rings. we had him potential top 15 after winning two MVPs and a ring but then kd came and took over his team and completely made us forget about the 'ol dingo.

Classic case of PCTSD. Symptoms: Denials, amnesia, illogical babbling, delusions.

Possible excuse: Stephen Curry did so much alien stuff in such a short time it leaves victims wondering if it really happened at all or was just a nightmare.

IllegalD
04-07-2020, 11:55 PM
Curry Stans scrambling like desperate cockroaches.

Reality check: Just because a moment is memorable TO YOU PERSONALLY (as fans who have Curry's d*ck in their mouths) doesn't mean it's iconic to the general populous/NBA fandom and sports media. Go see any Curry Top 10 career moments montage and his #1 moment is a buzzerbeater in a meaningless regularseason game against the Thunder.

No Finals MVP. No ICONIC NBA playoff moment. Hell, even Isiah and Stockton have some that absolutely destroy Curry's.

Stephonit
04-07-2020, 11:59 PM

Reality check: Just because a moment is memorable TO YOU PERSONALLY (as fans who have Curry's d*ck in their mouths) doesn't mean it's iconic to the general populous/NBA fandom and sports media. Go see any Curry Top 10 career moments montage and his #1 moment is a buzzerbeater in a meaningless regularseason game against the Thunder.

No Finals MVP. No ICONIC NBA playoff moment. Hell, even Isiah and Stockton have some that absolutely destroy Curry's.

Forgot about those guys. Next to Curry's incandescence everything else is a pale shadow. When I see media showing their choices for memorable moments I shake my head and wonder what drugs they're on and what on earth are they trying to sell me. When it come to highlights Curry is number one by a wide margin.

Uncle Drew
04-08-2020, 02:23 AM

:oldlol:

Docs Orders
04-08-2020, 03:09 PM

Proctor
04-08-2020, 06:15 PM
Forgot about those guys. Next to Curry's incandescence everything else is a pale shadow. When I see media showing their choices for memorable moments I shake my head and wonder what drugs they're on and what on earth are they trying to sell me. When it come to highlights Curry is number one by a wide margin.
https://media4.giphy.com/media/K4dy3TatGeZDa/giphy.gif

RRR3
04-08-2020, 06:16 PM
Stephonit might actually BE Curry. Or Ayesha.

FireDavidKahn
04-08-2020, 07:56 PM

No kidding.

If you are the first unaminous MVP in history and your team losses in the Finals despite being up 3-1 and having won the most games in regular season history?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClXgH1FXIAAmDYg.jpg

Stanley Kobrick
04-08-2020, 09:21 PM

It seems his career achievement is the regular season game in OKC. interesting

Stephonit
04-08-2020, 10:00 PM
Stephonit might actually BE Curry. Or Ayesha.

Or The Man Up There. You never know.

Uncle Drew
04-09-2020, 02:04 AM
Remember when Curry cried after a win because he knew he lost FMVP then and there? Iconic. Also, pathetic.

Stephonit
04-09-2020, 02:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpfz6NL1Eg

SouBeachTalents
04-09-2020, 02:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpfz6NL1Eg
Typical Curry hitting dagger 3's with his team already up by 20

Stephonit
04-09-2020, 03:42 AM
Typical Curry hitting dagger 3's with his team already up by 20

Did the concussive force of his three-point barrage that reduced your team to rubble cause you to develop amnesia? Looks like you're suffering from PCTSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwuork88wYI

Turbo Slayer
04-09-2020, 08:23 AM
That's going too far Oh really? Currys Warriors went 73-9 in the regular season.

In 2015-16 he shattered a NBA record the most threes in a season. He broke the record in this game where he did everything that a MVP could do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz29FUCJWWc

Curry is the only player other than MJ to average 30 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds AND shoot 50 percent from the floor in 1 season. Curry had a EFG% of 63 which ranked #2 behind DeAndre Jordan who only made 357 shots all year.

He shot 70 percent on layups that season.

Whats not impressive about that?

Hey Yo
04-09-2020, 08:51 AM
Up by 34 and tryna be cool.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdmirableViciousGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Manny98
04-09-2020, 09:11 AM
https://youtu.be/t42fok4xAnw

Manny98
04-09-2020, 09:12 AM
https://youtu.be/v3o-vHBiUCE

Manny98
04-09-2020, 09:15 AM
https://youtu.be/MyqMtoAGNG8

Manny98
04-09-2020, 09:17 AM
https://youtu.be/X2wUadXIqHk

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Iconic? Memorable more than anything, and that was last year vs Houston. The daggers in crunchtime were big boy status.

tpols
04-09-2020, 11:28 AM
https://youtu.be/t42fok4xAnw

that was epic.

had the billionaire owner contemplating the meaning of life...

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT4uQnyXAbBX22SLsc/giphy.gif

Stanley Kobrick
04-09-2020, 04:26 PM
It seems after 230 posts we have still yet to find an iconic Stephen Curry playoff moment outside of the "I'm here, I'm Back game". A series in which Warriors were already up 2-1 prior to his return.

Axe
04-09-2020, 06:09 PM

Don't you think he literally did that on purpose?

Stanley Kobrick
04-09-2020, 09:43 PM

i don't believe this was the playoffs, but seeing as he airballed it could possibly be

Axe
04-09-2020, 11:07 PM
i don't believe this was the playoffs, but seeing as he airballed it could possibly be
Of course this wasn't the playoffs. The lakers last made the postseason in 2013.

Rico2016
04-09-2020, 11:20 PM
It seems after 230 posts we have still yet to find an iconic Stephen Curry playoff moment outside of the "I'm here, I'm Back game". A series in which Warriors were already up 2-1 prior to his return.

The best part about that "I'm here, I'm back" moment is that Curry fans cannot cry "injury" because he was KILLING IT before King James and his men locked Curry up. Reduced him to 22-5-4

In his 9 games leading up to the Finals he was averaging 30/8/8 … I'm going to make a thread on it I think

warriorfan
04-09-2020, 11:44 PM
Why does my bran only have 3 fmvps when Jordan has SIX? How can he ever compare? :(

Stanley Kobrick
04-09-2020, 11:50 PM
The best part about that "I'm here, I'm back" moment is that Curry fans cannot cry "injury" because he was KILLING IT before King James and his men locked Curry up. Reduced him to 22-5-4

In his 9 games leading up to the Finals he was averaging 30/8/8 … I'm going to make a thread on it I think
it seems his productivity depletes the deeper he gets into the playoffs as competition gets tougher and pressure increases. very interesting

Stephonit
04-10-2020, 02:11 AM

It shows how threatened fans of rivals are that their takeaway was that that is the best part of such brilliance under less than ideal circumstances. :facepalm PCTSD.

"His men"? A Freudian slip perhaps? :oldlol:

Make a thread on Curry having lower numbers leading up to the finals than he did last year? I wonder what that will prove? :confusedshrug:

Docs Orders
04-10-2020, 06:46 AM

Stanley Kobrick
04-10-2020, 05:25 PM
Remember when Curry cried after a win because he knew he lost FMVP then and there? Iconic. Also, pathetic.
He did seem very upset about that

Stephonit
04-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Sad how the haters cannot even stick to the parameters of the thread created by one of their number.

Must be shell-shocked and unable to get their bearings.

Curry has an unnerving habit of getting the last laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOTfG4SiBo

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 03:21 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/udX76oCIiD8/hqdefault.jpg

scuzzy
04-11-2020, 03:23 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/udX76oCIiD8/hqdefault.jpg

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 04:26 AM
All's well that ends well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BcpgMtknnE