PDA

View Full Version : I might choose Dirk in this era over Duncan.

Carbine
04-02-2020, 12:18 PM
There isn't a better 5 ever created for this current style of basketball.

I forgot how athletic he was back in 2003-2005. He was legit blowing by guards easily and dunking on late help defense routeintly.

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 03:31 PM
hmm. yeah. Dirk is a rich-mans Chris Bosh.

Actually no. Bosh was somewhere between Duncan and Dirk.

But Dirk was a killer. I'd take him as my 5 for sure in this era.

SouBeachTalents
04-02-2020, 03:49 PM
hmm. yeah. Dirk is a rich-mans Chris Bosh.

Actually no. Bosh was somewhere between Duncan and Dirk.

But Dirk was a killer. I'd take him as my 5 for sure in this era.
How was Bosh anything like Duncan, or hell, even Dirk? He always reminded me of a poor mans D-Rob, at least offensively

tpols
04-02-2020, 03:52 PM
Dirk used regularly match or even outplay duncan & KG even in the mid 2000s... so why would that be a shock?

Did you see the bums he dragged past Timmy in '06?

130 ORTG against dead prime Duncan. Dirk was an absolute animal in any era, spaced or not.

bizil
04-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Nah I would still go with Duncan in ANY ERA! Timmy was too complete a player across the board. As great as Dirk was the ONLY area he was truly great at was scoring for a PF. Duncan was LEGIT GREAT at scoring, rebounding, defending,and passing for his position. Duncan would be strictly at the 5 in today's era and be the best center in the league. He would be the top one over Embid, Joker, KAT, a healthy Boogie, etc. Dirk is the GOLD STANDARD stretch PF for damn sure. He was a beast in today's era. But that's not enough to supercede Timmy!

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 04:02 PM
How was Bosh anything like Duncan, or hell, even Dirk? He always reminded me of a poor mans D-Rob, at least offensively

Sorry I guess you just don't know the game. I really don't want to explain

SouBeachTalents
04-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Sorry I guess you just don't know the game. I really don't want to explain
I was actually looking forward to you trying to explain how Bosh was anything like Duncan, but I see you ceded that wouldn't have been possible to do

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 04:07 PM
I was actually looking forward to you trying to explain how Bosh was anything like Duncan, but I see you ceded that wouldn't have been possible to do

I'll teach ya another time, big daddy

highwhey
04-02-2020, 04:14 PM
I'll teach ya another time, big daddy

hmmmm

highwhey
04-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Nah I would still go with Duncan in ANY ERA! Timmy was too complete a player across the board. As great as Dirk was the ONLY area he was truly great at was scoring for a PF. Duncan was LEGIT GREAT at scoring, rebounding, defending,and passing for his position. Duncan would be strictly at the 5 in today's era and be the best center in the league. He would be the top one over Embid, Joker, KAT, a healthy Boogie, etc. Dirk is the GOLD STANDARD stretch PF for damn sure. He was a beast in today's era. But that's not enough to supercede Timmy!

i know duncan was the defensive anchor and his defense is great...but, how was he against perimeter players? bc the modern center has to be able to stay in front of quick perimeter players and wings. i feel like he benefited from always having elite defensive guards to help him.

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 04:35 PM
hmmmm

I know your mind is gay but mine isn't

highwhey
04-02-2020, 04:47 PM
I know your mind is gay but mine isn't

You're in the closet

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 04:51 PM
You're in the closet

Oh really. And your band is good

Keep wishing dude

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 04:53 PM
You're in the closet

This man really trying to impose his sexual orientation on me lol

highwhey
04-02-2020, 04:54 PM
Oh really. And your band is good

Keep wishing dude

I dont bat for that team, but I'm basing my suspicion on your overreaction.

Whoah10115
04-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Modern era like these two haven't been retired 5 years and each played about 20 years, leaving post 40...and they were borderline all-stars...how much different?

Besides, Dirk isn't playing center. Maybe on the Warriors or Rockets, or a team that has another star big guy around.

Defensively, he isn't playing under the basket. And he isn't switching out to guard anyone on any pick and roll.

DoctorP
04-02-2020, 04:58 PM
I dont bat for that team, but I'm basing my suspicion on your overreaction.

whatever man. nobody cares. nobody wants to smash you. get over it.

Carbine
04-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Modern era like these two haven't been retired 5 years and each played about 20 years, leaving post 40...and they were borderline all-stars...how much different?

Besides, Dirk isn't playing center. Maybe on the Warriors or Rockets, or a team that has another star big guy around.

Defensively, he isn't playing under the basket. And he isn't switching out to guard anyone on any pick and roll.

There primes are 15 years ago. League is much different now.

highwhey
04-02-2020, 05:03 PM
People say Dirks jumpshot is ungurdable, but i saw Shawn Marion block it. I bet in this era of more athletic wings, Dirk would be defended better.

Whoah10115
04-02-2020, 05:15 PM
There primes are 15 years ago. League is much different now.

15 years? Ughhhhh

Axe
04-02-2020, 05:29 PM
When people still treat threads as pms.

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2020, 05:33 PM
I might take him in the last too

ArbitraryWater
04-02-2020, 05:34 PM
15 years? Ughhhhh

What you ughing at? Duncan's prime is longer ago than 15 and Dirk's shorter