PDA

View Full Version : Is brons longevity a gift or a curse?

Bronbron23
04-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Was arguing with a friend about how if bron does go down as the best ever his insane longevity will be the tipping point that puts him past mj or whoever you have as the best. He made the argument that his longevity is actually hurting him because he'll never win another chip and the more he plays near his peak the more he loses. That he'll have played almost 20 seasons as one of the best players but only have 3 chips compared to players like mj, bird, magic and kobe who played less seasons as one of the best players but have as many or more chips, showing that they were better winners. He used peak playing years to ring ratios but i cant remember what they were.

Ive never really thought of it that way and its an interesting point but i still say his longevity is a positive. What yall think?

SouBeachTalents
04-06-2020, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry, but your friend's a dumbass if he legitimately believes having more elite seasons is bad :oldlol:

3ball
04-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Your friend is spot on - the longer he plays shows how much longer it took to do things.. it shows his style is flawed/suboptimal

Btw, longevity being the "tipping point" implies everything else is close

But lebron has half the rings....

less FMVP, less MVP, and less stats (MJ is #1 in PPG, PER, BPM, WS/48, and has 5 of the top 7 VORP seasons)

Hey Yo
04-06-2020, 11:12 AM
Was arguing with a friend about how if bron does go down as the best ever his insane longevity will be the tipping point that puts him past mj or whoever you have as the best. He made the argument that his longevity is actually hurting him because he'll never win another chip and the more he plays near his peak the more he loses. That he'll have played almost 20 seasons as one of the best players but only have 3 chips compared to players like mj, bird, magic and kobe who played less seasons as one of the best players but have as many or more chips, showing that they were better winners. He used peak playing years to ring ratios but i cant remember what they were.

Ive never really thought of it that way and its an interesting point but i still say his longevity is a positive. What yall think?
MJ showed that he needed to rest in order to continue to try winning.

If we're comparing LeBron's rings, then you compare his to others that were the franchise player when they won their rings. That means Kobe has 2, not 5.

Magic and the Lakers got first round byes in 1980 and 82. Pretty easy to stay healthy when you're resting and don't have to play.

Turbo Slayer
04-06-2020, 11:35 AM
Your friend is spot on - the longer he plays shows how much longer it took to do things.. it shows his style is flawed/suboptimal

Btw, longevity being the "tipping point" implies everything else is close

But lebron has half the rings....

less FMVP, less MVP, and less stats (MJ is #1 in PPG, PER, BPM, WS/48, and has 5 of the top 7 VORP seasons)

it shows his style is flawed/suboptimal If it is flawed and suboptimal then how come LeBron James won 4 MVPs and 3 Finals MVP if his play style was so "flawed" Your post makes no sense.

The fact is LeBron James is the greatest floor raiser ever and the stats reflect it. Gonna argue with that? I can show you. :cheers:

The earlier Cavs teams(2003-10) LeBron James was on posted a 9.6 SRS. Those Cavs team posted 5 points better relative to the league at that time. To put this into perspective, the best Miami Heat teams LeBron been on posted only 7.7 SRS.

Care to refute, 3ball? Your first line of your post makes no sense. I would love for you to argue with me that his style is "suboptimal".

AirBonner
04-06-2020, 11:41 AM
Op doesn’t have friends. Thread debunked.

Akeem34TheDream
04-06-2020, 12:47 PM
Is your friend 3ball?:roll:

Bronbron23
04-06-2020, 04:21 PM
Is your friend 3ball?:roll:
Nah your momma and girl are though

Bronbron23
04-06-2020, 04:26 PM
Op doesn’t have friends. Thread debunked.

Says the guy whos name is air boner :facepalm

Axe
04-07-2020, 03:48 AM
Damn, 3ball is back.

GimmeThat
04-07-2020, 03:53 AM
it'd be like saying Metta World Peace joined the Lakers and Kobe won a ring and made his legacy worse

Akeem34TheDream
04-07-2020, 05:10 AM
Bro if you really want to say something dont hide behind the 'my friend told me that...' and say it bravely. That sht looks hilarious. And you really got me with your momma comeback.:oldlol:

SpaceJam
04-07-2020, 05:42 AM
Bro if you really want to say something dont hide behind the 'my friend told me that...' and say it bravely. That sht looks hilarious. And you really got me with your momma comeback.:oldlol:

:oldlol:

Bronbron23
04-07-2020, 09:47 AM
Yeah ok dude like i really care about what anyone thinks on here. If i wanted to say lebron sucks i would just say it. I dont though I think hes somewhere in between top 3 and 6 all time. I only have magic and mj for sure ahead of him. Between Russell, bron and kobe Im undecided who falls where after that. Somehow that means im hating on lebron though.

Vino24
04-07-2020, 09:51 AM
Yeah ok dude like i really care about what anyone thinks on here. If i wanted to say lebron sucks i would just say it. I dont though I think hes somewhere in between top 3 and 6 all time. I only have magic and mj for sure ahead of him. Between Russell, bron and kobe Im undecided who falls where after that. Somehow that means im hating on lebron though.
If you didn’t care what people think you wouldn’t ask questions

Bronbron23
04-07-2020, 10:06 AM
If you didn’t care what people think you wouldn’t ask questions

About me or my thoughts dude. Obviously im interested what othrrs think about ball or i wouldn't be on here

Akeem34TheDream
04-07-2020, 10:23 AM
I dont know your views about Lebron and Im not a fan of him. Lebron has flaws but having longevity isnt one of them. Thats 3ball like thinking. Playing in your prime level and not winning a chip might not add a lot to your legacy but it OBVIOUSLY
doesnt hurt it.

SamuraiSWISH
04-07-2020, 10:34 AM
It's obviously a gift LOL WTF ... his longevity numbers

SouBeachTalents
04-07-2020, 10:45 AM
I still can't believe there's a thread really debating whether longevity is a good or bad thing :lol That's fcking dumb even by ISH standards

AlternativeAcc.
04-07-2020, 10:51 AM
LeBron is a gift from above

A God amongst men and boys

LeSanta giving metaphorical toys

with every dunk and 3 pointer

the ***** they arise, with great joy

unbelievable as it may be

he packs 11 inches in briefs

sheesh