PDA

View Full Version : Who will take more tries to get a FMVP than Curry? Currently 0 for 5

Rico2016
04-08-2020, 09:35 PM
Kobe needed 6 tries to get his 1st FMVP
2000 nope
2001 nope
2002 nope
2004 nope
2008 nope
2009 (bingo)

Curry is only try 5, pending for 6

2015 nope
2016 nope
2017 nope
2018 nope
2019 nope

Can he make it 1 for 6? 0 for 6? 0 for 5 (never make it again)? Where will he fall?

warriorfan
04-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Those guys suck.

FMVP is the only thing that matters

As a big LBJ fan it distresses me greatly that LeBron has 3 while Jordan has 6!

6!

Twice as many as LBJ

FMVP means everything. LBJ doesn’t stack up.

It’s tough being a LeBron fan sometimes. :(

Stanley Kobrick
04-08-2020, 10:06 PM
he has 4 votes though. 4/55 is not that bad

Axe
04-08-2020, 10:08 PM
Patrick mccaw? 🤔

Future goat.

Stephonit
04-08-2020, 10:13 PM
An award voted on by 11 people who are all in the thrall of the corporate media? It never ceases to amaze me how some people can give that trinket any value. And that's before learning Kareem was robbed of one on the say so of the television network. An award for lemmings. Better Curry doesn't get one. It will forever be a topic of speculation to draw attention to how empty an award it really is.

Stanley Kobrick
04-08-2020, 10:18 PM
we shouldn't blame Curry for lack of FMVP's. he was guarded by all time defenders in Matthew Dellavedova, Kyrie Irving and Fred Van Vleet

RRR3
04-08-2020, 10:31 PM
Those guys suck.

FMVP is the only thing that matters

As a big LBJ fan it distresses me greatly that LeBron has 3 while Jordan has 6!

6!

Twice as many as LBJ

FMVP means everything. LBJ doesn’t stack up.

It’s tough being a LeBron fan sometimes. :(
If you think it's tough being a fan of a player with 3 FMVPS, imagine being a fan of a player with none.

Stephonit
04-08-2020, 10:33 PM
If you think it's tough being a fan of a player with 3 FMVPS, imagine being a fan of a player with none.

Hmm 3 rings or 3 FMVPs? Which is superior? Oh wait Curry got those 3 rings against that team led by that lesser player with 3 FMVPs! I guess that answers that question.

FMVP Award: Fake MVP Award.

warriorfan
04-08-2020, 10:33 PM

I’m an LBJ fan now because he has the most fmvps. But he has twice as few as Jordan. :(

RRR3
04-08-2020, 10:38 PM
I’m an LBJ fan now because he has the most fmvps. But he has twice as few as Jordan. :(
I've never argued LBJ over Jordan :confusedshrug:

RRR3
04-08-2020, 10:38 PM
Hmm 3 rings or 3 FMVPs? Which is superior? Oh wait Curry got those 3 rings against that team led by that lesser player with 3 FMVPs! I guess that answers that question.

FMVP Award: Fake MVP Award.
Yeah, Durant is a great player, Curry should be very grateful. 2015 ring was a joke, he played against LeBron and G-Leaguers.

Stephonit
04-08-2020, 10:41 PM
2015 ring was a joke, he played against LeBron and G-Leaguers.

You have a point. A victory against that lesser player isn't that impressive. In 2016 he actually had real competition in front of him in the form of Kyrie and the refs after going through KD in the semis.

RRR3
04-08-2020, 10:46 PM
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/heroin-gif-4.gif
:roll:

LAmbruh
04-09-2020, 03:44 PM

Axe
04-09-2020, 06:24 PM
I doubt the warriors will have another shot in the finals for the entire remaining career of curry. Well, hopefully.

Stanley Kobrick
04-09-2020, 06:26 PM
I doubt the warriors will have another shot in the finals for the entire remaining career of curry. Well, hopefully.
I agree with you Axe

Rico2016
04-10-2020, 11:53 PM
Curry has a shot to tie Kobe at 1 for 6. Good luck to Curry and his fans on welfare!

aj1987
04-11-2020, 02:52 AM
You have a point. A victory against that lesser player isn't that impressive. In 2016 he actually had real competition in front of him in the form of Kyrie and the refs after going through KD in the semis.

The refs tried their best to gift Cuckry the title in '16 (as they did in '15 as well), but LeBron was too much for GSW and the refs.

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 03:05 AM
The refs tried their best to gift Cuckry the title in '16 (as they did in '15 as well), but LeBron was too much for GSW and the refs.

I suppose in your imagination it was LeBron that was ejected as well. I guess victims of PCTSD are desperately trying to latch onto some form of reality that makes sense to them—even an invented one—after their hopes for their idol were crushed. But I fear you are beyond help.

aj1987
04-11-2020, 06:16 AM
I suppose in your imagination it was LeBron that was ejected as well. I guess victims of PCTSD are desperately trying to latch onto some form of reality that makes sense to them—even an invented one—after their hopes for their idol were crushed. But I fear you are beyond help.

There's a reason why he was ejected. He's a garbage defender. Dude is straight up trash.

Yeah, let's ignore the fact that the Warriors took 12 more 3's a game than the Cavs, yet they only averaged 3 fewer FT's than the Cavs.

Let's also ignore the fact that the Cavs had LeBron, a dude who lives in the paint, and he averaged only 2 more FT's than Curry, who took almost 12 3's a game.

You have Curry's dick jammed so far up your ass, you've completely lost all objectivity, when it comes to him.

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 07:39 AM
There's a reason why he was ejected. He's a garbage defender. Dude is straight up trash.

Yeah, let's ignore the fact that the Warriors took 12 more 3's a game than the Cavs, yet they only averaged 3 fewer FT's than the Cavs.

Let's also ignore the fact that the Cavs had LeBron, a dude who lives in the paint, and he averaged only 2 more FT's than Curry, who took almost 12 3's a game.

You have Curry's dick jammed so far up your ass, you've completely lost all objectivity, when it comes to him.

Yeah that's why Curry has a long history of getting ejected in games...er actually no he doesn't.

As for ignoring things let's overlook that the playbook for beating the Warriors is to throw doubles at Curry as soon as he crosses the half court and even lately box and 1s to get the ball out of hands while with LeBron you can live with the shots he gets because he's not as good a shooter.

You've been so bamboozled that you cannot seem to connect the dots.

aj1987
04-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Yeah that's why Curry has a long history of getting ejected in games...er actually no he doesn't.
Your boy had a massive tantrum during a Finals game and got tossed. Heck, he threw his mouthpiece and hit a fan with it. Any other player would've gotten suspended for it. The league protects Curry though.

As for ignoring things let's overlook that the playbook for beating the Warriors is to throw doubles at Curry as soon as he crosses the half court and even lately box and 1s to get the ball out of hands while with LeBron you can live with the shots he gets because he's not as good a shooter.
Yeah, even with all that, LeBron is ten times the player that Curry is. Curry isn't even in LeBron's galaxy. In fact, Curry is so good, that he had to recruit an MVP and a top 15 GOAT, while being on a 73 win team, just to beat LeBron. Must hurt. :roll:

With that being said, what the **** does any of this have to do with you having a meltdown over ref help, like your boy did in the Finals? I see that the facts that I posted have hurt your feelings.

You've been so bamboozled that you cannot seem to connect the dots.

You can keep changing the topic all you want, but you can't refute the FACTS that I posted, kid.

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Yeah, even with all that, LeBron is ten times the player that Curry is. Curry isn't even in LeBron's galaxy. In fact, Curry is so good, that he had to recruit an MVP and a top 15 GOAT, while being on a 73 win team, just to beat LeBron. Must hurt. :roll:

Hahaha! This is rich! Criticizing Curry for providing a compelling argument to free agent (and ringless) Durant to join his team—like nearly everyone else was trying to do—while praising to the high heavens the colluding James who made a spectacle of his "decision" to join prior champion Wade not to mention Bosh. The brazenness of this comment is mindblowing!

PCTSD. Meltdown. Bamboozled. Rolled into one right here.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Why does Curry barely have more FMVP votes than me?

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 01:18 PM
Why does Curry barely have more FMVP votes than me?

For the same reason Kareem doesn't have more of those.

It's for lemmings who just follow whatever the media says. They don't realize it's a superfluous award that only exists to give media a greater say in shaping their product. For purists of the game it should count for nothing.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 01:21 PM
For the same reason Kareem doesn't have more of those.

Excuse me?

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Excuse me?

Bill Livingston, one of the members of the voting panel for the award, later claimed that the CBS representatives pressured him and the other members to change their votes from Kareem to Magic because they wanted to show the winner getting his award after the game and Kareem was back In LA.

The details of Livingston's account of the changed votes is in the book "Kareem" on pages 140-141.

That of course isn't the only story of under-the-table dealing. One of the voters in 2015 detailed in his podcast the horse trading going on among the judges on how to allot the votes before backtracking.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 01:25 PM
Bill Livingston, one of the members of the voting panel for the award, later claimed that the CBS representatives pressured him and the other members to change their votes from Kareem to Magic because they wanted to show the winner getting his award after the game and Kareem was back In LA.

The details of Livingston's account of the changed votes is in the book "Kareem" on pages 140-141.

Yes, we all know this. I imagine you thought you just shared something never heard before, lol. Now explain the link to Zero Vote Curry for me, please.

warriorfan
04-11-2020, 01:28 PM
Steph was the obvious FMVP in 2015

Tore his MCL in 2016

Maybe should have won in 2017

Definitely should have won in 2018

He should have 2 or 3 and that is with suffering major injuries to himself and teammates during that 5 year run

Fmvp is low iq media based award from low iqs like bleacherreport

LAmbruh
04-11-2020, 01:29 PM
Kobe needed 6 tries to get his 1st FMVP
2000 nope
2001 nope
2002 nope
2004 nope
2008 nope
2009 (bingo)

Curry is only try 5, pending for 6

2015 nope
2016 nope
2017 nope
2018 nope
2019 nope

Can he make it 1 for 6? 0 for 6? 0 for 5 (never make it again)? Where will he fall?

yikes!

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 01:36 PM
Yes, we all know this. I imagine you thought you just shared something never heard before, lol. Now explain the link to Zero Vote Curry for me, please.

This is the sanitized version saying the story was a mistake and that the third party reporting it (Nick Wright) was wrong:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/nba-finals-nick-wright-fs1-called-out-over-2015-finals-mvp-story

But I also heard that story from the podcast alluded to earlier which I assume Wright did as well. So I know why Nick said what he did. I haven't been able to locate it since. Scrubbed from the original site like the above segment was. Don't tell me they don't manipulate these things.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 01:40 PM
This is the sanitized version saying the story was a mistake and that the third party reporting it (Nick Wright) was wrong:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/nba-finals-nick-wright-fs1-called-out-over-2015-finals-mvp-story

But I also heard that story from the podcast alluded to earlier which I assume Wright did as well. So I know why Nick said what he did. I haven't been able to locate it since. Scrubbed from the original site like the above segment was. Don't tell me they don't manipulate these things.
Ok, so there is no link or similarity whatsoever. Thanks for clearing that up. So why does Curry barely have more FMVP votes than me, anyone!?

Stephonit
04-11-2020, 01:43 PM
Ok, so there is no link or similarity whatsoever. Thanks for clearing that up. So why does Curry barely have more FMVP votes than me, anyone!?

Clearly you didn't listen to Nick explain or you would know and not need to ask.

I'd also like to know how you got FMVP votes. Clearly they don't have any value.

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 01:52 PM
Giving the MVP to Iggy instead of the regular season MVP and top 3 jersey sellers was good for the leagues image

RiGgED!

https://cdn.abcotvs.com/dip/images/1389523_061616-kgo-ayesha-tweet-img.jpg

scuzzy
04-11-2020, 01:59 PM
Giving the MVP to Iggy instead of the regular season MVP and top 3 jersey sellers was good for the leagues image

RiGgED!

no wonder Curry is seen weeping in the corner after he loses FMVP

he has to go home to this wildabeast and face consequences :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/66PBW8Sh/ayesha-curry-restaurant.jpg

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 02:04 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/80nVr5RFXHStG/giphy.gif

Wardell Cuckry

Rico2016
04-11-2020, 02:17 PM

RiGgED!

Precisely! As if the league didn't WANT to give it to Curry so badly. Perhaps the new face of the NBA! But the lil guy failed to deliver on the biggest stage, and the league was wise enough to know better than to give it to an undeserving player. Curry had 5 games against LeBron to close out the series in 2015 when LeBron was missing his #2 and #3 options Kyrie and Love, an insurmountable challenge.

Curry won 2 of the next 5, with LBJ missing his #2 and #3. That type of beta performance cannot be rewarded. If Curry sweeps LeBron or even 4-1 him in that situation he probably gets the FMVP. But you cannot give up 2 of 5 games in that situation and expect to be rewarded.

Stanley Kobrick
04-11-2020, 02:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tvf8MtOSEc

Rico2016
04-11-2020, 02:18 PM

I would be so embarrassed if that was my wife. Seriously, Curry fans need to chill their is ammo for days on that lil guy. Yuck

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 02:29 PM
I would be so embarrassed if that was my wife. Seriously, Curry fans need to chill their is ammo for days on that lil guy. Yuck

Is that her twin brother?

And1AllDay
04-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Kobe had to play with shaq 2000 2001 2002 so thats hard to win a fmvp playing with prime shaq but 2004 i take responsibility

aj1987
04-12-2020, 01:13 AM
Hahaha! This is rich! Criticizing Curry for providing a compelling argument to free agent (and ringless) Durant to join his team—like nearly everyone else was trying to do—while praising to the high heavens the colluding James who made a spectacle of his "decision" to join prior champion Wade not to mention Bosh. The brazenness of this comment is mindblowing!

PCTSD. Meltdown. Bamboozled. Rolled into one right here.
I see that the facts I posted have shook you to your core.

This is what happens when you don't have an argument. You go on irrelevant and autistic ramblings.

Let's have this discussion when you're boy actually comes close to winning a FMVP.

Maybe should have won in 2017

Definitely should have won in 2018
Maybe in 2017? KD had 8 more points and was 8% more efficient than Curry.

Definitely in 2018? KD had more points, assists, rebounds, and blocks, while being 9% more efficient than Curry.

All this while being a significantly better defender.

Fmvp is low iq media based award from low iqs like bleacherreport

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?379867-Finals-MVP-Alpha-Male-Curry-Appreciation-Thread