PDA

View Full Version : Why did superstars Gasol and Dwight get swept in '13?

LAL
04-11-2020, 06:16 AM
After getting a free ride from Kobe?

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 06:19 AM
Lakers got swept in 2011 and murked in 5 by OKC in 2012 WITH Kobe

2013 Spurs were one of the greatest teams of all time too

Why were the Lakers only an 8 seed with Kobe all season?

aj1987
04-11-2020, 06:20 AM

Cool thread though man

Mods, please close the thread.

MrFonzworth
04-11-2020, 06:20 AM

Bingo.

The Troll shut this down QUICK:applause:

LAL
04-11-2020, 06:21 AM

Why were they swept? Kobe was already 5 of 7 in a decade. Atleast 1 game, i mean 2 hall of famers.

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 06:23 AM
Why were they swept? Kobe was already 5 of 7 in a decade. Atleast 1 game, i mean 2 hall of famers.
Why were Lakers a fringe playoff team with Kobe all season if he had 2 HOF teammates in the starting lineup?

Why were they swept in 2011 and killed in 2012?

LAL
04-11-2020, 06:25 AM
Why were Lakers a fringe playoff team with Kobe all season if he had 2 HOF teammates in the starting lineup?

Why were they swept in 2011 and killed in 2012?

You don't see me mention lebron's 6 finals losses right? Like i said, kobe was already 5 of 7 before the knee problems but kobe having 2 hall of famers is all you bronsexuals saw, i saw kobe carrying death weight..

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 06:29 AM

We win again.

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 06:30 AM
You don't see me mention lebron's 6 finals losses right? Like i said, kobe was already 5 of 7 before the knee problems but kobe having 2 hall of famers is all you bronsexuals saw, i saw kobe carrying death weight..
Not true. Answer my question. What supporting cast was better than Kobes in 09 and 10. Try to answer.

MrFonzworth
04-11-2020, 06:31 AM
Hey turbo bring up some stats nerd

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 06:32 AM
You don't see me mention lebron's 6 finals losses right?

Yeah, I just saw you desperately do that.

Like i said, kobe was already 5 of 7 before the knee problems but kobe having 2 hall of famers is all you bronsexuals saw, i saw kobe carrying death weight..

Nobody gives a shit about Kobe in 2013. He was washed up by 2011. By 2016 he was the worst player in basketball. Nobody cares, which is why it's never brought up until today.

Yikes :oldlol:

LAL
04-11-2020, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I just saw you desperately do that.

Nobody gives a shit about Kobe in 2013. He was washed up by 2011. By 2016 he was the worst player in basketball. Nobody cares, which is why it's never brought up until today.

Yikes :oldlol:

He was visible the best player in the league that year, despite what lebron stats say. He mastered the game, everything came together was back healthy and dealt with the drama of a new coach, system, old injured superstars and just dominated in ways lebron never could. 13 was important, better than any version of lebron i've ever seen.

LAL
04-11-2020, 06:39 AM
Not true. Answer my question. What supporting cast was better than Kobes in 09 and 10. Try to answer.

Go away kid

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 06:44 AM
Go away kid

Again you choose not to live with reality. Kobe got the one of the best if not the best supporting cast after the Lakers got Gasol.

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 06:47 AM
He was visible the best player in the league that year, despite what lebron stats say. He mastered the game, everything came together was back healthy and dealt with the drama of a new coach, system, old injured superstars and just dominated in ways lebron never could. 13 was important, better than any version of lebron i've ever seen.

You're right, LeBron never dominated on a fringe playoff team

LeBron's domination results in 1 or 2 seed and championship runs with new coaches, new systems, and old injured role players

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 06:50 AM
He was visible the best player in the league that year, despite what lebron stats say. He mastered the game, everything came together was back healthy and dealt with the drama of a new coach, system, old injured superstars and just dominated in ways lebron never could. 13 was important, better than any version of lebron i've ever seen. LeBron had better efficiency than Kobe... Btw the Heat had a 27 game winning streak. Also that yr LBJ won MVP. So your narrative that Kobe was better than Lebron in 2013 is a non point...

LAL
04-11-2020, 06:53 AM
You're right, LeBron never dominated on a fringe playoff team

LeBron's domination results in 1 or 2 seed and championship runs with new coaches, new systems, and old injured role players

They made the playoffs, no excuses. Kobe bryant is a bigger winner than lebron and his superteams, whats your point buddy? We were talking about that 13 season, focus.

I can make a thread about lebron's losses if you want.

LAL
04-11-2020, 06:54 AM
LeBron had better efficiency than Kobe... Btw the Heat had a 27 game winning streak. Also that yr LBJ won MVP. So your narrative that Kobe was better than Lebron in 2013 is a non point...

Lebron? Great stats? Lots of wins with the Heatles in the east??

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 07:02 AM
Lebron? Great stats? Lots of wins with the Heatles in the east??

1.Using Lebrons efficiency as my cutout point, No player in NBA history have averaged better efficiency than James in 2013. Not exaggerating. So your point that Kobe was better than LBJ in terms of stats is invalid. 2.Irrelevant. The fact you choose to discredit James for just being in the East is absurd and illogical. Your point makes no sense.

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 07:04 AM
They made the playoffs, no excuses. Kobe bryant is a bigger winner than lebron and his superteams, whats your point buddy? We were talking about that 13 season, focus.

2013 season where LeBron won MVP and FMVP? that season? How many times did Kobe win MVP and FMVP in the same year

LAL
04-11-2020, 07:07 AM
1.Using Lebrons efficiency as my cutout point, No player in NBA history have averaged better efficiency than James in 2013. Not exaggerating. So your point that Kobe was better than LBJ in terms of stats is invalid. 2.Irrelevant. The fact you choose to discredit James for just being in the East is absurd and illogical. Your point makes no sense.

Kobe stats were great enough, lebron will always have great stats, .. so that's when you start comparing them by the eye test. You'll see nobody was a better basketball player than that man in 2013.. you'll also notice lebron's game is extremely stat based. But we knew that already.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 07:09 AM
2013 season where LeBron won MVP and FMVP? that season? How many times did Kobe win MVP and FMVP in the same year

The sole MVP Kobe won has Chris Paul's name written on it, yikes.

LAL
04-11-2020, 07:12 AM

Stats and media awards, all you sweet bronsexuals have. Yes kobe was better, look at all the past years mvp winners for example, and you still cry lebron is the best in the league still.. by the help of the media too. "But but but giannis plays in the east"

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 07:14 AM
Kobe stats were great enough, lebron will always have great stats, .. so that's when you start comparing them by the eye test. You'll see nobody was a better basketball player than that man in 2013.. you'll also notice lebron's game is extremely stat based. But we knew that already. 1. Define "better"... 2. None of your points makes any sense. You are just setting arbitrary definitions that doesnt follow with your points... Lebron won MVP and FMVP in 2013. Kobe...not so much. No person in their right mind would choose Kobe in 2013 when LeBron was better in every way possible and won too...

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 07:18 AM
Stats and media awards, all you sweet bronsexuals have. Yes kobe was better, look at all the past years mvp winners for example, and you still cry lebron is the best in the league still.. by the help of the media too.
LeBron usually had the best stats and carried scrubs during years where people say he should've been MVP. Kobe didn't have the best stats, was a defensive liability, and had 3 HOF teammates in his starting lineup and was barely in the playoff race when he ruptured his Achilles. They actually moved up a spot without him to 7 seed

EyE tEsT

LAL
04-11-2020, 07:21 AM
1. Define "better"... 2. None of your points makes any sense. You are just setting arbitrary definitions that doesnt follow with your points... Lebron won MVP and FMVP in 2013. Kobe...not so much. No person in their right would choose Kobe in 2013 when LeBron was better in every way possible and won too...

Well why do you think he was better than kobe other than stats? Taking responsbility and carrying your teammates in a historic fashion looking like prime kobe and making the playoffs. Riding the heatles coattail in the east is not more impressive to me kid, especially compared to that kobe. You can talk about stats and media awards all day, but fact of the matter is kobe 6 time mvp caliber player at the end of the day. Didn't say he didn't deserve mvp, kobe was just better, more dangerous.

LAL
04-11-2020, 07:25 AM
LeBron usually had the best stats and carried scrubs during years where people say he should've been MVP. Kobe didn't have the best stats, was a defensive liability, and had 3 HOF teammates in his starting lineup and was barely in the playoff race when he ruptured his Achilles. They actually moved up a spot without him to 7 seed

EyE tEsT
Had great stats for the system he played in, triangle offense is a system lebron wouldn't have lasted a month in, it's equal oppurtunity, ball moving, no overdribbling, off ball movement type system.. His game isn't stat based, but had great stats. Defensive liabilty?? Explain bronsexual. Now tell me about these 3 HOF teammates that got swept in that playoffs.. Why?

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 07:33 AM
Well why do you think he was better than kobe other than stats? Taking responsbility and carrying your teammates in a historic fashion looking like prime kobe and making the playoffs. Riding the heatles coattail in the east is not more impressive to me kid, especially compared to that kobe. You can talk about stats and media awards all day, but fact of the matter is kobe 6 time mvp caliber player at the end of the day. Didn't say he didn't deserve mvp, kobe was just better, more dangerous. 1. LBJ won more as the man. Kobe never won more than LBJ as the man.
2. LBJ carried teammates too to the Finals aka 2018... 3. So you blame LBJ for having a stacked team and "riding the Heatles coattails." Btw, LBJ did not ride the Heat coattails. He won as the man there so your point fails... 4. You blame Lebron for having a stacked team by your flawed criteria... But the Lakers in 2000s had a stacked team too. Kobe was fortunate enough to go to a team who recently got Peak Shaq a top 10 great. So your argument and criteria fails there too. 5. No Kobe was not more dangerous than lebron despite Kobe having a "superior" skillset. The stats say that LBJ was more dangerous so your point fails... 6. Your argument is unreasonable and flawed.

LAL
04-11-2020, 07:35 AM
1. LBJ won more as the man. Kobe never won more than LBJ as the man.
2. LBJ carried teammates too to the Finals aka 2018... 3. So you blame LBJ for having a stacked team and "riding the Beatles coattails." Btw, LBJ did not ride the Heat coattails. He won as the man there so your point fails... 4. You blame Lebron for having a stacked team by your flawed criteria... But the Lakers in 2000s had a stacked team too. Kobe was fortunate enough to go to a team who recently got Peak Shaq a top 10 great. So your argument and criteria fails there too. 5. No Kobe was not more dangerous than lebron despite Kobe having a "superior" skillset. The stats say that LBJ was more dangerous so your point fails... 6. Your argument is unreasonable and flawed.

Lebron has (maybe) 1 legit ring

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 07:52 AM
Lebron has (maybe) 1 legit ring
1. The 2012 Thunder had HCA aka better record. Lebron and the Heat beat a team with 3 future MVPs (KD, Russ, and James Harden). So the 2012 ring was legit. 2. The 2013 Miami Heat beat the Spurs in the Finals for the 1st time in NBA history. No team in history had beat the Spurs in the Finals except for the Miami Heat. So that ring was legit also. 3. You're trolling now so I cant have a quality discussion with you until you stop the trolling. 4. I need you to admit that the 2000s Lakers were a good team AND Kobe wasn't better than LeBron in 2013.

LAL
04-11-2020, 07:59 AM
1. The 2012 Thunder had HCA aka better record. Lebron and the Heat beat a team with 3 future MVPs (KD, Russ, and James Harden). So the 2012 ring was legit. 2. The 2013 Miami Heat beat the Spurs in the Finals for the 1st time in NBA history. No team in history had beat the Spurs in the Finals except for the Miami Heat. So that ring was legit also. 3. You're trolling now so I cant have a quality discussion with you until you stop the trolling. 4. I need you admit that the 2000s Lakers were a good team AND Kobe wasn't better than LeBron in 2013.

Those rings are as useless as kd's rings, the moment he decided to cheat his way to rings by forming the monstars in the east with the best eastern superstars at that point, terribly coward stuff for an all time great, still can't get over it. First time beating the spurs in the "finals" because kobe wiped his butt 4 times with them kid.

Can you stop talking like this kid, it's weird. Give me 6 names of a 2001 lakers team and explain to me why you think they're so special thx.

tpols
04-11-2020, 08:08 AM
they didnt just get swept in the first round... they lost EVERY game by double digits.

The last two games they were blown out by a combined 50 points!

Pau and dwight the two superstars were totally decimated.

LAL
04-11-2020, 08:19 AM
they didnt just get swept in the first round... they lost EVERY game by double digits.

It's like it never happened.

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Those rings are as useless as kd's rings, the moment he decided to cheat his way to rings by forming the monstars in the east with the best eastern superstars at that point, terribly coward stuff for an all time great, still can't get over it. First time beating the spurs in the "finals" because kobe wiped his butt 4 times with them kid.

Can you stop talking like this kid, it's weird. Give me 6 names of a 2001 lakers team and explain to me why you think they're so special thx.
1.Once again you choose not to live with reality. Throughout history there's have been countless teams that were stacked that won titles. So it seems like you are willing to disregard most titles due to your flawed criteria... 2. Yes Kobe did indeed "wipe the floor" b/c he simply had better supporting casts than LeBrons relative to the league. Simple as that. 3. First of all Kobe. Kobe was special in every way. He was the Black Mamba. 2nd, Shaq. He had just won MVP prior and was averaging 30 points in the Playoffs. 3rd, Derek Fisher. He was a underrated player that helped the Lakers win titles. 4th, Rick Fox was good too. 5th, Horace Grant. Finally 6th, Robert Horry. Horry is a special case. He is regarded as one of the clutchest role players ever. He hit a clutch shot in the Finals against the 76ers. 4. They were special in the 2001 Playoffs. They went on a dominant Playoff run going 15-1. So your point about the Lakers not being "special" is invalid and a flawed one. 5. You still won't admit that Kobe wasn't better in 2013 than LBJ and that the 2000s Lakers teams were stacked historically like the Heat were.

Axe
04-11-2020, 08:40 AM
🍟🍟🍟

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 08:42 AM
������
:D

Axe
04-11-2020, 08:50 AM

Injuries of nash during those times probably contributed to those big losses.

LAL
04-11-2020, 08:53 AM
1.Once again you choose not to live with reality. Throughout history there's have been countless teams that were stacked that won titles. So it seems like you are willing to disregard most titles due to your flawed criteria... 2. Yes Kobe did indeed "wipe the floor" b/c he simply had better supporting casts than LeBrons relative to the league. Simple as that. 3. First of all Kobe. Kobe was special in every way. He was the Black Mamba. 2nd, Shaq. He had just won MVP prior and was averaging 30 points in the Playoffs. 3rd, Derek Fisher. He was a underrated player that helped the Lakers win titles. 4th, Rick Fox was good too. 5th, Horace Grant. Finally 6th, Robert Horry. Horry is a special case. He is regarded as one of the clutchest role players ever. He hit a clutch shot in the Finals against the 76ers. 4. They were special in the 2001 Playoffs. They went on a dominant Playoff run going 15-1. So your point about the Lakers not being "special" is invalid and a flawed one. 5. You still won't admit that Kobe wasn't better in 2013 than LBJ and that the 2000s Lakers teams were stacked historically like the Heat were.

:lol:lol:lol

Man look at this 13 year old kid explaining to me how great fisher, rick fox and a 2001 version of horace grant were. Thanks for the laugh, i gave you enough attention, just remember, just like bronsexuals love to show a stat sheet, there's also youtube, check it out, real life footage of kobe's 2013 season, you can see what he was doing, you'll get tired of the lebron fast break dunk clips someday and then give it a try, you missed out. Also remember kobe is 5 time champ, including carrying old ordinary roleplayers with shaq and that 08-10 team no one in history will ever think is better than any of those cowardly created heat teams.

Docs Orders
04-11-2020, 09:06 AM

First reply slays are the best :applause:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xThuWtyb1yMlKIrz0c/giphy.gif

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 09:21 AM
:lol:lol:lol

Man look at this 13 year old kid explaining to me how great fisher, rick fox and a 2001 version of horace grant were. Thanks for the laugh, i gave you enough attention, just remember, just like bronsexuals love to show a stat sheet, there's also youtube, check it out, real life footage of kobe's 2013 season, you can see what he was doing, you'll get tired of the lebron fast break dunk clips someday and then give it a try, you missed out. Also remember kobe is 5 time champ, including carrying old ordinary roleplayers with shaq and that 08-10 team no one in history will ever think is better than any of those cowardly created heat teams.

how great fisher Yet Fisher hit a gamewinner in the 2004 Lakers-Spurs pivotal Game 5. So ordinary... I admit that you had a point on how great rick fox and horace grant are... I can concede that.

Thanks for the laugh, i gave you enough attention, just remember, just like bronsexuals love to show a stat sheet, there's also youtube, check it out, real life footage of kobe's 2013 season, you can see what he was doing, you'll get tired of the lebron fast break dunk clips someday and then give it a try, you missed out. Also remember kobe is 5 time champ, including carrying old ordinary roleplayers with shaq and that 08-10 team no one in history will ever think is better than any of those cowardly created heat teams.

You are just relying on the eye test which is flawed and you are just setting arbitrary definitions once again. None of it makes sense.

Also I am not denying Kobes greatness as a player and as a person. I would not ever deny his greatness.

But you still wont admit that LeBron was a better player in 2013 than Kobe (fact) and the 2000s Lakers were stacked (fact). Thats what I want out of you.

LAL
04-11-2020, 09:40 AM
Yet Fisher hit a gamewinner in the 2004 Lakers-Spurs pivotal Game 5. So ordinary... I admit that you had a point on how great rick fox and horace grant are... I can concede that.

You are just relying on the eye test which is flawed and you are just setting arbitrary definitions once again. None of it makes sense.

Also I am not denying Kobes greatness as a player and as a person. I would not ever deny his greatness.

But you still wont admit that LeBron was a better player in 2013 than Kobe (fact) and the 2000s Lakers were stacked (fact). Thats what I want out of you.
Stop forcing people to think something you want. All i'm asking you to maybe watch some game clips and maybe try to understand why some might think he was better, okay?

It's not just eye test, were not talking about some flashy player, he has the numbers, the rings and eye test ofcourse. relax and here's a clip of perfect display of basketball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0yJVX74rC0&t=10s

LAL
04-11-2020, 09:48 AM
Man i'm just marveling at this, please check out how he plays the playmaker role like a master. No triangle, bigger numbers..

FromDowntown
04-11-2020, 10:01 AM

Fastest thresd shutdown I've seen all year.

Hey Yo
04-11-2020, 10:20 AM
:oldlol:

:no:

Hey Yo
04-11-2020, 10:24 AM

In what world is 2 greater than 3?

LAL
04-11-2020, 10:28 AM
Hey hey yo, can you stop replying, i know you don't want people to see that clip but i do. Thx buddy.

Hey Yo
04-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Just correcting your usual math mistakes.

It's all in a days work, Chico.

LAL
04-11-2020, 10:35 AM
Just correcting your usual math mistakes.

It's all in a days work, Chico.

Yes put all your cute opinions in one post next time. Thx buddy.

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 10:51 AM
Stop forcing people to think something you want. All i'm asking you to maybe watch some game clips and maybe try to understand why some might think he was better, okay?

It's not just eye test, were not talking about some flashy player, he has the numbers, the rings and eye test ofcourse. relax and here's a clip of perfect display of basketball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0yJVX74rC0&t=10s
he has the numbers, No he didn´t. He was clearly not the better player in 2012-13. The numbers dont support Kobe in this regard.

the rings He had 5 rings only because he was with Peak Shaq. So excluding rings where he wasn´t the best player, he only has 2 rings to show for it.

Your criteria is flawed. So # of rings determine how good a player is??? Hint: It doesn´t. If I was using your silly criteria then I would rank Robert Horry as the better player b/c he has more rings to show for it than Kobe and MJ.

eye test Its a flawed way of ranking players. :facepalm

Kobe often shot less efficiently than LeBron. It doesnt matter how good it ¨looks¨ b/c that in-game result will remain the same regardless of how ¨pretty¨ it is or how ¨optimal¨ it is.

:banghead:

LAL
04-11-2020, 11:31 AM
Turbo why are you being so annoying and flat out stupid? You're lost in your own arguments and cant understand shit, jezus. You say eye test is flawed, i say not if the numbers and ring count in his CAREEE back it up. Stubborn little shit, relax.

So you didn't like the clip? Tell us why lebron's better stats in 13 is the definite reason why i should believe he was better than kobe? While i say kobe had great numbers too AND looked better, more impressive and dangerous than lebron. Stop the silly shaq bs bronsexual psychopath virgin. Give it a rest.

RRR3
04-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Kobe over LeBron in 2013 is permaban worthy.

ImKobe
04-12-2020, 09:58 AM

https://usatlebronwire.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/gettyimages-159653610.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/07/17/26071743219f398469c2198170d0d1bb.jpg

Rysio
04-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Because that team was a one man show with Kobe and without Kobe that year they wouldve been a lottery team.

LAL
04-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Because that team was a one man show with Kobe and without Kobe that year they wouldve been a lottery team.

Exactly. Only bronsexuals and the media can scream and gloat over year 17 lebron doing a tomahawk dunk.
17th season Kobe's playoff mode activation wasn't false alarm atleast.

tpols
04-12-2020, 10:37 AM

wasnt that the year he embarrased him in the all star game mano y mano?

happy easter mate

Rysio
04-12-2020, 10:42 AM

Stat geek alert

Kobe was the best player in the league in 13 and everyone who actually watched and understand s basketball would agree.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Stat geek alert

Kobe was the best player in the league in 13 and everyone who actually watched and understand s basketball would agree.

1. LeBron James was a better defender than Kobe in 2013. LeBron (101) vs Kobe (107)
2. LeBron James was also ranked better in offensive input. LeBron (125) vs Kobe (107)
3. LeBron bests Kobe in 2013 in overall impact.

So your argument fails...

LeBron shot better from 3, better 2 point percentage, better in everything. It wasnt even remotely close.

SCORING

Points per 100 possessions

LeBron- 37.5 points

Kobe- 36 points

PASSING

LeBron also had a better AST/TO ratio indicating that he was a better passer.

LeBron- 36.4 AST%

Kobe- 29.7 AST%

REBOUNDING

LeBron was also the better rebounder too.

LeBron- 13 TRB%

Kobe- 7.9 TRB%

So LeBron James was pretty much better than Kobe and more complete player than Kobe in 2013.

Kobe was also lesser than LeBron in terms of offensive impact that yr. LeBron (9.3 OBPM) vs Kobe (4.7 OBPM)

Kobe was also ranked less in defensive impact too. LeBron (2.4) vs Kobe ( negative 0.1)

Interestingly enough Kobe was a negative on the defense side of things.

IMPACT

LeBron James had 11.7 BPM while Kobe had 4.6 BPM. In fact Kobe NEVER had a season where he was higher than 10+ BPM in one season. LeBron has 5 seasons where he was higher than 10 BPM.

You are using the eye test which is flawed and doesn't account for who was the better player in 2012-13.

LeBron was better in 2013 in terms of statistic impact in game.

Rysio
04-12-2020, 11:00 AM
1. LeBron James was a better defender than Kobe in 2013. LeBron (101) vs Kobe (107)
2. LeBron James was also ranked better in offensive input. LeBron (125) vs Kobe (107)

LeBron shot better from 3, better 2 point percentage, better in everything. It wasnt even remotely close.

SCORING

LeBron- 37.5 points

Kobe- 36 points

PASSING

LeBron- 36.4 AST%

Kobe- 29.7 AST%

REBOUNDING

LeBron- 13 TRB%

Kobe- 7.9 TRB%

So LeBron James was pretty much better than Kobe and more complete player than Kobe in 2013.

Kobe was also lesser than LeBron in terms of offensive impact that yr. LeBron (9.3 OBPM) vs Kobe (4.7 OBPM)

Kobe was also ranked less in defensive impact too. LeBron (2.4) vs Kobe ( negative 0.1)

LeBron James had 11.7 BPM while Kobe had 4.6 BPM. In fact Kobe NEVER had a season where he was higher than 10+ BPM in one season. LeBron has 5 seasons where he was higher than 10 BPM.

You are using the eye test which is flawed and doesn't account for who was the better player in 2012-13.

Kobe carried a team to the playoffs that alone beats all your stats.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Kobe carried a team to the playoffs that alone beats all your stats. Again you could apply your criteria/standard to LeBron James or any other player in history...

LeBron James carried a Cavs to the 2018 NBA Finals.

So your point fails. Try again...

LAL
04-12-2020, 11:05 AM

SCORING

LeBron- 37.5 points

Kobe- 36 points

PASSING

LeBron- 36.4 AST%

Kobe- 29.7 AST%

REBOUNDING

LeBron- 13 TRB%

Kobe- 7.9 TRB%

IMPACT

LMAO i cannot imagine being a bronsexual, how depressing is that??

Lebron is the stat king, his game is stat based.. russel westbrook, james harden, giannis, luka and trae young are all better than kobe ever was going by stats. Again, go away.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 11:09 AM
LMAO i cannot imagine being a bronsexual, how depressing is that??

Lebron is the stat king, his game is stat based.. russel westbrook, james harden, giannis, luka and trae young are all better than kobe ever was going by stats. Again, go away. I can't "go away" b/c tpols and Rysio were making illogical statements about LeBron so I had to respond with quality answers of course...

Rysio
04-12-2020, 11:11 AM
Again you could apply your criteria/standard to LeBron James or any other player in history...

LeBron James carried a Cavs to the 2018 NBA Finals.

So your point fails. Try again...

Exactly and LeBron was the best in 18

Hey Yo
04-12-2020, 11:13 AM
One man show? :oldlol:

Howard avg. 17-12 while playing 76gms (36mins per game) and led the league in rebounding.

LAL
04-12-2020, 11:15 AM
I can't "go away" b/c tpols and Rysio were making illogical statements about LeBron so I had to respond...

No you bronstans think a debate between kobe and leflow can't go past stats.. but then bring up "context" and "rings" when comparing westbrook, harden, giannis, AD etc. Sad and funny

Uncle Drew
04-12-2020, 11:21 AM

Rysio
04-12-2020, 11:28 AM
One man show? :oldlol:

Howard avg. 17-12 while playing 76gms (36mins per game) and led the league in rebounding.

LOL that's how I know you didn't watch any games then. Howard for about 90% of the season was completely useless he did get it together a little towards the end of the season tho.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 11:32 AM
No you bronstans think a debate between kobe and leflow can't go past stats.. but then bring up "context" and "rings" when comparing westbrook, harden, giannis, AD etc. Sad and funny

#1: To be fair to Kobe, the whole Lakers team suffered injuries while the Heat went thru the season with minimal injuries.

Dwight suffered a back injury and had to go through surgery. Nash hurt his leg and missed the 1st 2 months and Kobe missed the Playoffs.

#2: Their lineups were trash. Gasol was the odd man out and was forced to play stretch 4 big which obviously he wasnt used to.

#3: Coaching issues. Mike Brown was fired and another coach was hired at the start D antonio. He was talented coaching good offensive rosters but he was poor on coaching defensive sides of things.

#4: Egos clashed. No explanation needed

#5: All of the team was forced to play different playstyles which they werent used to...

To be honest, it was Kobes underrated season. Kobe tried hard but couldnt do it man.

But again, it doesnt change my opinion that LeBron was a better player than Kobe in 2013.

Hey Yo
04-12-2020, 11:39 AM
LOL that's how I know you didn't watch any games then. Howard for about 90% of the season was completely uselesshe did get it together a little towards the end of the season tho.
Dumb

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 11:49 AM
Dumb Its not a totally wrong statement though. While Howard may look good in per game stats, the advanced stats tells me otherwise.

While Howard DBPM stayed mainly the same (consistent DBPM), Howard´s OBPM is the opposite. Howards OBPM was negative 0.6 which means he wasnt doing useful shit offensively. To keep it sweet and short he was trash on offense.

He wasnt exactly awful on offense but it wasnt pretty either for the Lakers fans.

FromDowntown
04-12-2020, 11:51 AM

End scene

aj1987
04-12-2020, 11:53 AM
LOL that's how I know you didn't watch any games then. Howard for about 90% of the season was completely useless he did get it together a little towards the end of the season tho.

Kobe was arguably the WORST defender in the league and it's not an exaggeration either. Dude was straight up trash on the defensive end. Heck, he wasn't a top 5 player, let alone being the best player in the league. Anyone who thinks Kobe was the best player in the league in '13 needs to be lobotomized.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/1/11/3864814/kobe-bryant-is-ruining-kobe-bryants-historic-season

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/3/26/4149732/kobe-bryants-defensive-hypocrisy-knows-no-bounds

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/an-open-letter-to-kobe-bryant-about-his-defense/

Try watching the games, kids.

ImKobe
04-12-2020, 11:55 AM
Its not a totally wrong statement though. While Howard may look good in per game stats, the advanced stats tells me otherwise.

While Howard DBPM stayed mainly the same (consistent DBPM), Howard´s OBPM is the opposite. Howards OBPM was negative 0.6 which means he wasnt doing useful shit offensively. To keep it sweet and short he was trash on offense.

He wasnt exactly awful on offense but it wasnt pretty either for the Lakers fans.

You might be the only pro-Lebron poster to admit that, Howard wasn't great offensively for the majority of the season, especially in crunch time, lost a bunch of games with him getting fouled and bricking FTs in crunch time early in the season and he was demanding post-ups when he didn't really have the skills to score in the post at an elite level. Kobe and KD were the two most efficient post-up scorers that season IIRC.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 11:56 AM
You might be the only pro-Lebron poster to admit that, Howard wasn't great offensively for the majority of the season, especially in crunch time, lost a bunch of games with him getting fouled and bricking FTs in crunch time early in the season and he was demanding post-ups when he didn't really have the skills to score in the post at an elite level. Kobe and KD were the two most efficient post-up scorers that season IIRC. I agree with your statement! :cheers:

Hey Yo
04-12-2020, 12:08 PM
You might be the only pro-Lebron poster to admit that, Howard wasn't great offensively for the majority of the season, especially in crunch time, lost a bunch of games with him getting fouled and bricking FTs in crunch time early in the season and he was demanding post-ups when he didn't really have the skills to score in the post at an elite level. Kobe and KD were the two most efficient post-up scorers that season IIRC.
Nobody is arguing that. But when dude says Kobe was a 1 man show and Dwight was useless for 90% of the season, it's a pretty asinine statement.

ImKobe
04-12-2020, 12:20 PM
Nobody is arguing that. But when dude says Kobe was a 1 man show and Dwight was useless for 90% of the season, it's a pretty asinine statement.

It really was Kobe's show all season though, he was shooting like crazy and averaging 30 ppg through like the first few months of the season before he started playing point guard, he was having to play 40+ mpg, score 25-30+ & run the offense because both Nash & his back-up were injured and they only had D-leaguers to play 1-2 outside of Jodie Meeks at SG.

The 90% part is obviously exaggerated, Dwight had a couple nice stretches.

Rysio
04-12-2020, 01:14 PM
Kobe was arguably the WORST defender in the league and it's not an exaggeration either. Dude was straight up trash on the defensive end. Heck, he wasn't a top 5 player, let alone being the best player in the league. Anyone who thinks Kobe was the best player in the league in '13 needs to be lobotomized.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/1/11/3864814/kobe-bryant-is-ruining-kobe-bryants-historic-season

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/3/26/4149732/kobe-bryants-defensive-hypocrisy-knows-no-bounds

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/an-open-letter-to-kobe-bryant-about-his-defense/

Try watching the games, kids.

LeBrick plays no d and still is the best in the league. Defense is a team effort anyway if the whole team plays shit defense it's pointless to even try.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 01:23 PM
LeBrick plays no d and still is the best in the league. Defense is a team effort anyway if the whole team plays shit defense it's pointless to even try.

LeBrick plays no d

Then why LeBron was ranked better than Kobe in terms of defensive impact and defensive metrics? (See Post #57). From 2011 to 2016, LeBron James has played on 5 4-man lineups on-court that finshed with 6 points better than league average on defense so its a non-point...

LeBrick He actually matched Curry´s efficiency in Miami. So your point fails...

aj1987
04-13-2020, 04:25 AM

Except for the fact that he's been a good defender this season, shit for brains. Even the past couple of seasons, outside a couple of plays, he was an above average defender.

I'll say it again, if you think Kobe was the best player in 2013, you need to be institutionalized.

Rysio
04-13-2020, 06:13 AM
Except for the fact that he's been a good defender this season, shit for brains. Even the past couple of seasons, outside a couple of plays, he was an above average defender.

I'll say it again, if you think Kobe was the best player in 2013, you need to be institutionalized.

13 kobe was like 98 Jordan and 98 Jordan is better than 13 LeBron.

deathawaitu
04-13-2020, 10:40 AM
Beside the obvious that Kobe wasn't playing

Gasol was not in his prime anymore

Dwight was a threat in the eastern conference, but the western conference is on a whole different level.

I give Dwight some credit because he has proven he could at least make it to the western playoff (Rockets, Lakers)

So far the best player in the Eastern conference from 2011-2017, Lebron, has yet to prove he can make it to the western playoff.

SouBeachTalents
04-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Beside the obvious that Kobe wasn't playing

Gasol was not in his prime anymore

Dwight was a threat in the eastern conference, but the western conference is on a whole different level.

I give Dwight some credit because he has proven he could at least make it to the western playoff (Rockets, Lakers)

So far the best player in the Eastern conference from 2011-2017, Lebron, has yet to prove he can make it to the western playoff.
The Lakers clinched a playoff berth before the season was suspended

deathawaitu
04-13-2020, 11:27 AM
The Lakers clinched a playoff berth before the season was suspended

Yes, regular season games are not comparable to playoff games

I'll wait and see what Lebron actually does in his first western playoff series, before I make a judgement (if he ever gets a chance)

However, my point still stands that Lebron has yet to play a game in the western playoff in his first 2 years here

SouBeachTalents
04-13-2020, 11:54 AM
Yes, regular season games are not comparable to playoff games

I'll wait and see what Lebron actually does in his first western playoff series, before I make a judgement (if he ever gets a chance)

However, my point still stands that Lebron has yet to play a game in the western playoff in his first 2 years here
No, you literally said

Which he did. As the 1 seed at that. And when you resort to using a worldwide crisis to try to criticize LeBron as a player, you've honestly lost the argument :lol

deathawaitu
04-13-2020, 12:01 PM
No, you literally said

Which he did. As the 1 seed at that. And when you resort to using a worldwide crisis to try to criticize LeBron as a player, you've honestly lost the argument :lol

My bad I forgot you Lebron stans are sensitive :lol

That's rich coming from you, who tried to use Kobe's death to boost Lebron's legacy as a Lakers :facepalm

You can message me once Lebron plays in his first playoff game in the West

It's not even an argument, I just purely stated facts. Which is 2 years in the west, 0 playoff games

But feel free to keep having this argument among you and your alts though :cheers:

LAL
04-13-2020, 12:08 PM

That's rich coming from you, who tried to use Kobe's death to boost Lebron's legacy as a Lakers :facepalm

It's not even an argument, I just purely stated facts. Which is 2 years in the west, 0 playoff games

But feel free to keep having this argument among you and your alts though :cheers:

I think his third year with the lakers could be the year man. It's not guaranteed tho.

Docs Orders
04-13-2020, 12:15 PM

:applause:

aj1987
04-13-2020, 01:29 PM

All the emoji's in the world won't help you, retard. This was your post and SouBeach is right:

"So far the best player in the Eastern conference from 2011-2017, Lebron, has yet to prove he can make it to the western playoff."

The Lakers are the #1 seed and made the PO's a while back.

Jesus, the autism that is prevalent among LeBron haters...:facepalm

13 kobe was like 98 Jordan and 98 Jordan is better than 13 LeBron.
Lol, wut? '98 MJ shits on Kobe and '13 LeBron shits on ANY version on Kobe, let alone '13 Kobe.

Rysio
04-13-2020, 01:36 PM
All the emoji's in the world won't help you, retard. This was your post and SouBeach is right:

"So far the best player in the Eastern conference from 2011-2017, Lebron, has yet to prove he can make it to the western playoff."

The Lakers are the #1 seed and made the PO's a while back.

Jesus, the autism that is prevalent among LeBron haters...:facepalm

Lol, wut? '98 MJ shits on Kobe and '13 LeBron shits on ANY version on Kobe, let alone '13 Kobe.

No Jordan doesn't shit on 13 Kobe and 13 Kobe had more skill in his pinky than LeBron has in his whole body

aj1987
04-13-2020, 02:32 PM
No Jordan doesn't shit on 13 Kobe and 13 Kobe had more skill in his pinky than LeBron has in his whole body

Ugh. No point in discussing basketball with idiots like you, who think '13 Kobe was better than '13 LeBron and '98 Jordan.