View Full Version : Who is better? Derrick Rose or Russell Westbrook

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 09:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybOi639tb7U

OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVtER-e-cw4&t=64s

Bankaii
04-11-2020, 09:47 AM
I hate when people say “it’s not even close”, but this one isn’t as close as most would think.
Westbrook has never had the impact of 2011 Rose. Westbrook just has the inability to raise a team to another level when he’s the best player. Even though he has the talent of a number 1 option he’s best suited for a number 2 role.

Axe
04-11-2020, 10:04 AM
Yeah 2011 rose led the bulls to 62 wins plus ecf appearance and needless to say, that team felt like a one-man army centered around him, unlike the thunder which also used to have kd, harden and ibaka.

Too bad injuries had to ruin his career and lebron's heat acted like big roadblocks. Still, i would cherish those times when the bulls won its division titles two consecutive times, a feat only done so after the jordan era.

imdaman99
04-11-2020, 11:20 AM
Prime for prime, it's close. People might prefer Rose, already got some dudes in this thread that do :oldlol: Westbrook never had the best defensive team around him. In his MVP year, they did have a good defense definitely but not the best in the league like it was for Rose in 2011. You wanna tell me Rose hit a bunch of crazy shots in the clutch to win some games, well so did Westbrook. Westbrook had one of the greatest clutch seasons that year. The only reason they weren't better was because the team would collapse when Westbrook went to the bench.
So I guess you can blame it on Westbrook, for not being able to play 48 mins :cheers:

Whoah10115
04-11-2020, 12:40 PM
I think the way Westbrook played that year made his team too dependent on him.

At their best I would take Rose, even if I don't see him quite the way others used to, and I don't like him either (did initially), as he became more of a big head than people acknowledge.

Obviously Westbrook the greater player tho.

RRR3
04-11-2020, 12:40 PM
I hate when people say “it’s not even close”, but this one isn’t as close as most would think.
Westbrook has never had the impact of 2011 Rose. Westbrook just has the inability to raise a team to another level when he’s the best player. Even though he has the talent of a number 1 option he’s best suited for a number 2 role.
He literally had much better on/off numbers. Never had the same impact doe

Also almost positive he had better RPM and RAPM

dirkdiggler41
04-11-2020, 01:27 PM
I have to go with Derrick Rose just because he played the game the right away. I just hate how Westbrook plays, his shot selection, hunting for rebounds and just lack of basketball IQ. I always feel he would be much better if he never tried to become a point guard, but rather went the Wade way.

Whoah10115
04-11-2020, 02:02 PM
I have to go with Derrick Rose just because he played the game the right away. I just hate how Westbrook plays, his shot selection, hunting for rebounds and just lack of basketball IQ. I always feel he would be much better if he never tried to become a point guard, but rather went the Wade way.

I must agree. Always thought he was a lot like Wade. Also, essentially, an end-to-end swingman, just too short.

Stat hunter. Doesn't mean he isn't great. But there are a lot ahead of him.

AlternativeAcc.
04-11-2020, 02:09 PM
Tough choice between two low IQ players

Had Derrick stayed healthy and not mentally unraveled, I think it wouldn't be a question

I'd certainly take peak Rose over Westbrook because Rose just had a better feel for the game, was smoother, had better touch, and wasn't as reckless/emotional

Whoah10115
04-11-2020, 03:49 PM
One more blocked

Bankaii
04-11-2020, 04:04 PM
He literally had much better on/off numbers. Never had the same impact doe

Also almost positive he had better RPM and RAPM
You gotta chill with this advanced stats obsession.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not some Kobetard that ignores stats whenever they disagree with my argument, but simply watching basketball you can see it.
Rose had a good defensive supporting cast in 2011 but the way he led them to the best record and 60+ wins was phenomenal. Westbrook isn’t capable of doing that.
Westbrook with Oladipo or PG playing at an MVP caliber and Westbrook accomplished nothing.

But I’ll entertain this. Show me the stats for the years Westbrook was the best player on his team vs 2011 Rose.

Turbo Slayer
04-11-2020, 05:50 PM
Cool.

And1AllDay
04-11-2020, 06:30 PM
Imagine pairing Westbrook with Durant, Harden and Ibaka

BIG FOUR

No one could beat that cast in the Finals right?

tpols
04-11-2020, 07:37 PM
They're extremely similar. Too close to call.

Rico2016
04-12-2020, 01:02 AM

BIG FOUR

Quick, google 2012 NBA Finals. RESULTS may shock you.

Stephonit
04-12-2020, 01:42 AM

BIG FOUR

Or how about matching Derrick Rose with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Love, Jose Calderon, George Hill and Kyle Korver! Absolute winner right?

1987_Lakers
04-12-2020, 02:05 AM
Both inefficient chuckers who can't shoot. Never a fan of either.

Smoke117
04-12-2020, 02:29 AM
I don't even like Westbrick, but he's obviously better? It's hilarious how overrated Rose has become because of his of historically weak MVP season and then subsequent career after because he got injured. Nostalgia and apparent sympathy makes his simple fans want to make him way better than he was. You could literally argue he wasn't even a top 5 player in the league in 2011 when he won MVP. Could you argue that about Brick when he won MVP? He's overrated himself, but you can't.

Also, stop pretending like you're some new fresh little youngster OP when you are just an alt. It's so ****ing pathetic and INSANE. The sad part is this isn't even new on this board...insanity is common place on this **** shit of mental depravity.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 05:34 AM
I don't even like Westbrick, but he's obviously better? It's hilarious how overrated Rose has become because of his of historically weak MVP season and then subsequent career after because he got injured. Nostalgia and apparent sympathy makes his simple fans want to make him way better than he was. You could literally argue he wasn't even a top 5 player in the league in 2011 when he won MVP. Could you argue that about Brick when he won MVP? He's overrated himself, but you can't.

Also, stop pretending like you're some new fresh little youngster OP when you are just an alt. It's so ****ing pathetic and INSANE. The sad part is this isn't even new on this board...insanity is common place on this **** shit of mental depravity. But dude Im not an alt man. :whatever:

nayte
04-12-2020, 07:25 AM
Rose when he was healthy all day baby.
Edit . **** smoke and his drunk ass

ImKobe
04-12-2020, 09:48 AM
Westbrook is a far more versatile player with a much greater motor. We all loved Rose for his athletic ability, but Westbrook is just as athletic but is also a lot stronger and has a better jump shot & is a much better rebounder & passer.

Turbo Slayer
04-13-2020, 04:15 PM
Rose is winning based on the opinion of most posters.

red1
04-13-2020, 04:18 PM
westbrook by a landslide. rose only had the one MVP now that's gone.

Axe
04-13-2020, 08:34 PM
Westbrook used to have better teammates.

SamuraiSWISH
04-13-2020, 10:08 PM
2011 Rose
Westbrook Career

Rose Career