PDA

View Full Version : The 73-win Warriors team was extremely overrated

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 12:13 PM
They just replayed game 7 of 2016 finals on nbatv. Looking back at it that warriors team really wasn't anything special talent wise. It was their on and off ball movement that made them great. As good of shooters that klay and steph were they don't score the way they do without all of the screens and movement. When a defence like the cavs figures out a way to neutralize that movement the warriors turn to a mediocre team because they dont have any iso scorers. Yeah steph has had some ridiculous iso plays throughout his career but he mostly relies on screens and movement to score as efficiently as his does.

Their bench and help wasnt anything to brag about either. That playoffs they only had 3 guys that scored over 10 points a game. 1 of them was Draymond who was never a scorer and as a pf shot 44% from the field that playoffs. Id take almost every championship team ever over that warriors team.

That said that warriors team with kd is a different story. Adding him made them one of the best teams ever.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 12:21 PM
4 years later, still fuming.

3ball
04-11-2020, 12:22 PM
I couldn't agree more

Lebron beating Curry/Klay is a smaller prize than Durant beating Lebron/Kyrie/Love

Durant beat more firepower - lebron is supposed to be the era-dominator, so Lebron/Kyrie/Love is easily more formidable than beating Curry/Klay

So Durant beat more talent, and dominated Lebron heads-up with superior skillset, so I have him ahead of lebron all-time

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 12:24 PM
1-9.

tpols
04-11-2020, 12:30 PM
it's well known they were better than the sum of their parts and were GOAT based off perfect teamwork. And Curry's general brilliance.

in the OP you say you watched one game and came to this conclusion... that would be like watching the Heat in... game 5 against dallas and say they sucked. or '01 Lakers in game 1 of the Finals when they lost to iverson... guess they sucked.

3ball
04-11-2020, 12:30 PM
1-9.
Unlike MJ, Lebron's 30-40 win teams missed the playoffs and 8 vs 1 matchups.. he only made playoffs with high seeds/good teams, thus avoiding underdog matchups in the early rounds

3ball
04-11-2020, 12:34 PM
it's well known they were better than the sum of their parts and were GOAT based off perfect teamwork. And Curry's general brilliance.

^^^ a goat requirement

The goat must know how to play the best brand of basketball, and must execute/win with it... Otherwise he won't win the most... In addition to goat statistical rate of production (per game stats, not career/longevity totals)

1987_Lakers
04-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Still better than any opponent MJ faced.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 12:37 PM
Unlike MJ, Lebron's 30-40 win teams missed the playoffs and 8 vs 1 matchups.. he only made playoffs with high seeds/good teams, thus avoiding underdog matchups in the early rounds

1-9

3ball
04-11-2020, 12:45 PM
It's Lebron's fault that he rejects systems like Blatt's, so that his brand and teamwork is vastly inferior to Curry's.......................

But otherwise, jordan beat far better PLAYERS:

Curry/Klay < Magic/Worthy, Shaq,/Penny, Barkley/KJ, Stockton/Malone, many more... I think Payton/Kemp are much tougher too.. Zo/Hardaway are tougher

SouBeachTalents
04-11-2020, 12:49 PM
It's Lebron's fault that he rejects systems like Blatt's, so that his brand and teamwork is vastly inferior to Curry's.......................

Curry/Klay < Magic/Worthy, Shaq,/Penny, Barkley/KJ, Stockton/Malone, many more... I think Payton/Kemp are much tougher too.. Zo/Hardaway are tougher
You really gonna type all that out and not acknowledge they had another All-NBA/future DPOY on the team too :lol

3ball
04-11-2020, 12:53 PM
You really gonna type all that out and not acknowledge they had another All-NBA/future DPOY on the team too :lol
I didn't list the #3 guys for any of MJ's opponents either, who compare well to a carried system player like Dray

No one respects Draymond

Webber said years ago that he wouldn't start on some teams and that's true, assuming he never played for the Warriors

Vino24
04-11-2020, 12:54 PM
Draygod was an absolute beast in the finals

3ball
04-11-2020, 12:55 PM
He got suspended

He cost his team the Finals and created this fake goat debate

1987_Lakers
04-11-2020, 12:55 PM

The Lakers without Kareem and Riley
The Magic without Horace
The Suns who had an average defense
The '97 Heat who had an inefficient offense
The Jazz who had Byron Russell and Ostertag as starters
The Sonics who lost to an 8th seed with pretty much the same cast

What LeBron faced in 2012-2018 was something never seen before.

3ball
04-11-2020, 01:16 PM
The Magic without Horace

Lebron's Heat and 15' Cavs were initially the league favorites and considered to have the most talent in the league, so the "comp" argument is bogus because lebron himself frequently had the most help, aka "not 6, not 7"

For example, how many wins for a team where everyone was a worse scorer than Horace Grant (a simple dunker)??

0 wins?.. 1 maybe?

Otoh, Love and Bosh won 40+ games with their own team.. So Lebron had more help to face his "comp", specifically a 3rd scorer that MJ didn't have.. Any complaints about facing better comp are erased by lebron's better help than MJ (a 3rd star) and also the common knowledge that lebron already had the best help in the league through 2016.

Ultimately, you're comparing the 2-star vs 2-star format of prior eras to a 3-star vs 3-star format of recent years.. that makes no sense... obviously, if you gave the 98' bulls or Jazz a 3rd star, they'd sweep anyone in history

1987_Lakers
04-11-2020, 01:21 PM
Lebron's Heat and 15' Cavs were initially the league favorites and considered to have the most talent in the league, so the "comp" argument is bogus because lebron himself frequently had the most help, aka "not 6, not 7"

For example, how many wins for a team where everyone was a worse scorer than Horace Grant (a simple dunker)??

0 wins?.. 1 maybe?

Otoh, Love and Bosh won 40+ games with their own team.. So Lebron had more help to face his "comp", specifically a 3rd scorer that MJ didn't have.. Any complaints about facing better comp are erased by lebron's better help than MJ (a 3rd star) and also the common knowledge that lebron already had the best help in the league through 2016.

Ultimately, you're comparing the 2-star vs 2-star format of prior eras to a 3-star vs 3-star format of recent years.. that makes no sense... obviously, if you gave the 98' bulls or Jazz a 3rd star, they'd sweep anyone in history

LeBron has been the underdog in 7 of his 9 Finals
Jordan was favorite in 5 of his 6 Finals

These are facts.

SouBeachTalents
04-11-2020, 01:25 PM

0 wins?.. 1 maybe?

Bosh & Love had 1 winning season and 3 playoff wins in 13 seasons combined as franchise players. Rodman could not do any worse than that as a teams best player :lol It still amazes me how much people overvalue stats from teams that are perpetually in the lottery, somebody out there has to score during all those losses

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 03:17 PM

in the OP you say you watched one game and came to this conclusion... that would be like watching the Heat in... game 5 against dallas and say they sucked. or '01 Lakers in game 1 of the Finals when they lost to iverson... guess they sucked.

I watched the whole series dude. Brons one of my favorite players and i never liked the warriors or steph alm though recently steph has grown on me a bit. I was saying this at the time also watching today was just a reminder.

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 03:18 PM
1-9.

1-9? What does this have to do with mj dude? Damn you consumed by mj. Your gonna go in meltdown mode in another week

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 03:20 PM

I agree with that but what does that have to do with the topic. Actually not sure there better than that magic team.

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Not sure about that. Dude is always wide open. He was definitely good though.

Uncle Drew
04-11-2020, 04:25 PM
1-9? What does this have to do with mj dude? Damn you consumed by mj. Your gonna go in meltdown mode in another week

4 years later, still butt hurt.

ArbitraryWater
04-11-2020, 04:33 PM
this nikka OP dumb

The Magic without Horace

would like if could

ArbitraryWater
04-11-2020, 04:35 PM

0 wins?.. 1 maybe?

what a team is considered initially pre-season before play is irrelevant and random guesswork.

what a team is considered after a season, going into the playoffs, is at least somewhat of meaning.

or are kobe's 13 lakers the biggest failure ever?

G0ATbe
04-11-2020, 05:28 PM
Why didn’t you make this thread with your 3ball account?

Rico2016
04-11-2020, 05:29 PM
So the GREATEST team in NBA history with 73-wins was just okay. I have to admire your attempt at changing a narrative, but the facts remain:

Goat chip: 2016
GOAT 73-win team: 2016 Warriors
MJ's playoff record before Big Pip Stimulus Package: 1-9

These are facts. 96 Bulls with their 72 wins would have lost to the 2016 Cavs as well. Just how it goes. No team in NBA history would beat 2016 Cavaliers. They came to play that year.

Rico2016
04-11-2020, 05:30 PM

I have long suspected that moron OP was a 3ball alt, a 3balt if you will. I am leaning towards yes, it surely is. What a loon. I leave the forum, and when I return I see more LeBron threads from that kid.

Wally450
04-11-2020, 07:41 PM
So you're basing this off of one game? Arguably the biggest game of all time?

Watch games 5,6 & 7 of the OKC series and say they're overrated.

And1AllDay
04-11-2020, 07:46 PM
So you're basing this off of one game? Arguably the biggest game of all time?

Watch games 5,6 & 7 of the OKC series and say they're overrated.

wrekt

Axe
04-11-2020, 07:50 PM
That's just some lame retarded troll who kept saying the same lines since before.

And1AllDay
04-11-2020, 07:52 PM
That's just some lame retarded troll who kept saying the same lines since before.

1-9 is MJ's playoff record before he teamed up with Scottie Pippen

he was not undefeated after all he needed scottie thicken

Axe
04-11-2020, 07:55 PM
1-9 is MJ's playoff record before he teamed up with Scottie Pippen

he was not undefeated after all he needed scottie thicken
Thanks, captain obvious. As if this was never mentioned at all.

And1AllDay
04-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Thanks, captain obvious. As if this was never mentioned at all.

but its all true info sorry brotha

red1
04-11-2020, 09:11 PM
I love it. people are still mad. :roll:

the only finals MVP to beat a 70+win team? that shit is in the books.

signed and sealed. :roll:

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 09:34 PM

Same reason why you didnt make your response with your manny98 account

FireDavidKahn
04-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Most wins in history = extremely overrated.

2 1st ballot + 1 eventual HOFers entering their prime + loaded bench = overrated

:roll:

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 09:37 PM
So the GREATEST team in NBA history with 73-wins was just okay. I have to admire your attempt at changing a narrative, but the facts remain:

Goat chip: 2016
GOAT 73-win team: 2016 Warriors
MJ's playoff record before Big Pip Stimulus Package: 1-9

These are facts. 96 Bulls with their 72 wins would have lost to the 2016 Cavs as well. Just how it goes. No team in NBA history would beat 2016 Cavaliers. They came to play that year.

Greatest team? So a regular season record makes you the greatest team? Thats beyond retarded dude. Like pip said dont mean a thang without the rang. Literally every championship team was better than the regular season warriors.

Bronbron23
04-11-2020, 09:39 PM
4 years later, still butt hurt.

This makes no sense. I didn't like the warriors. I always thought they were overrated. I was happy as hell when bron beat them

1987_Lakers
04-11-2020, 10:04 PM
Greatest team? So a regular season record makes you the greatest team? Thats beyond retarded dude. Like pip said dont mean a thang without the rang. Literally every championship team was better than the regular season warriors.

I mean 73 wins does mean something. Have you noticed most of the greatest teams ever all had 65+ wins in the regular season? '67 Sixers, '72 Lakers, '83 Sixers, '87 Lakers, '86 Celtics, '92 Bulls, '96 Bulls. It's not by accident. The Warriors were beating teams on average by 10.8+ points, that's the elite of the elite. They also won 67 games the year before. Were they as talented as the 80's Lakers & Celitcs? No. Were they as good as their 73 win total would suggest? No. But they were still very talented and had some of the best chemestry the league has ever seen, with the #1 offense with GOAT level passing & shooting & a top 5 defense.

The Warriors were better than ALOT of teams that did go on to win championships. LeBron just had an all-time great series against them and Kyrie showed up to play.

And1AllDay
04-11-2020, 10:21 PM
I mean 73 wins does mean something. Have you noticed most of the greatest teams ever all had 65+ wins in the regular season? '67 Sixers, '72 Lakers, '83 Sixers, '87 Lakers, '86 Celtics, '92 Bulls, '96 Bulls. It's not by accident. The Warriors were beating teams on average by 10.8+ points, that's the elite of the elite. They also won 67 games the year before. Were they as talented as the 80's Lakers & Celitcs? No. Were they as good as their 73 win total would suggest? No. But they were still very talented and had some of the best chemestry the league has ever seen, with the #1 offense with GOAT level passing & shooting & a top 5 defense.

The Warriors were better than ALOT of teams that did go on to win championships. LeBron just had an all-time great series against them and Kyrie showed up to play.

fax

high IQ poster

SouBeachTalents
04-12-2020, 02:31 AM
Literally every championship team was better than the regular season warriors.
:lol Let me guess, literally every Super Bowl champ was better than the '07 Pats too

Smoke117
04-12-2020, 02:39 AM

Tfalls...the man who knows nothing about basketball, but goes on like he actually does. Don't you ever just get tired of your own bullshit?

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 06:50 AM
The 73 win warriors werent overrated. If anything, they have become underrated only because of Steph´s dismal performances in the Finals and LeBrons/Kyrie great performances.

Throughout the 2015-16 season, the Warriors had the perfect blend of talent, bench, and chemistry to go very far and they did. Curry got unanimous MVP and GSW got 73 wins and got to the NBA Finals.

All of their glory was unfortunately spoiled b/c of LeBron and Kyries heroic effort.

One game or series doesnt make them overrated.

nayte
04-12-2020, 07:30 AM
They fukken lost get over it

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 07:39 AM
They fukken lost get over it

Are you replying to me or someone else...? Sorry for the confusion. :cheers:

nayte
04-12-2020, 08:38 AM
Nah sorry I just hit reply to shit. It was more for the dumbasses who can’t deal with it.

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 08:38 AM
Nah sorry I just hit reply to shit. It was more for the dumbasses who can’t deal with it. :oldlol: No worries. No problem.

nayte
04-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Ima passer by . I will take shots at all the fan bases . I happen to like Jordan Kobe and LeBron. I like your even approach to all tho

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 08:48 AM
Ima passer by . I will take shots at all the fan bases . I happen to like Jordan Kobe and LeBron. I like your even approach to all tho Yeah thats basically my approach. I try to be fair to all fanbases aka Jordan, LeBron, and Kobe. I will always try to point out some flawed points or shortcomings from some posters. Im not just some troll.

I also try to initiate quality basketball conversations/discussions with other posters as well.

nayte
04-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Yeah thats basically my approach. I try to be fair to all fanbases aka Jordan, LeBron, and Kobe. I will always try to point out some flawed points or shortcomings from some posters. Im not just some troll.

I also try to initiate quality basketball conversations/discussions with other posters as well.

Best way to be mate . Just enjoy good basketball. That’s why we love the game

Turbo Slayer
04-12-2020, 09:10 AM
Best way to be mate . Just enjoy good basketball. That’s why we love the game Exactly. You getting me now.

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2020, 09:23 AM

"since before" ?

English mother****er, do you speak it?!

Axe
04-12-2020, 09:31 AM
"since before" ?

English mother****er, do you speak it?!
You butthurt crybaby. Stop crying like a fool.

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2020, 09:36 AM
You butthurt crybaby. Stop crying like a fool.

You cannot write coherent sentences. You're an emotional manbaby.

Axe
04-12-2020, 09:37 AM
You cannot write coherent sentences. You're an emotional manbaby.
Was i even asking for your stupid goddamn opinion in the first place? Imbecile.

ImKobe
04-12-2020, 09:47 AM
They weren't overrated, but people overlook the injuries & the suspension they had to deal with, any little advantage can swing a series, and the Cavs got a bunch of breaks in that one.

Drygon
04-18-2020, 10:01 AM
He got suspended

He cost his team the Finals and created this fake goat debate

The Cavs won Game 6 and Game 7 even with Draymond available on the court....

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 11:27 AM
Yes, the record setting all time best 73-win team with three all NBA players, three all stars, a 30 point 50/40/90 MVP, first ever unanimous MVP in NBA history, record setting +400 made 3 pointers by 1 player Curry, with DPOY Draymond, a 6th man FMVP, and #5 defense and #1 offense was overrated.

Funny guy. You lose again.

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 11:30 AM
Scottie Pippen
Stimulus Package

MJ should be thankful for that boost to his 1-9 looming career loser efforts pre Stimulus Package.

tpols
04-18-2020, 11:48 AM
If anything they are underrated. We'll never see total team harmony like that again.

If silver doesnt interfere, and they win handily in 5 people would be talking about them as the greatest team ever.

instead we get threads like this.

LeCroix
04-18-2020, 11:50 AM
Yes, the record setting all time best 73-win team with three all NBA players, three all stars, a 30 point 50/40/90 MVP, first ever unanimous MVP in NBA history, record setting +400 made 3 pointers by 1 player Curry, with DPOY Draymond, a 6th man FMVP, and #5 defense and #1 offense was overrated.

Funny guy. You lose again.

Okay we get it they were good lol

Overdrive
04-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Ima passer by . I will take shots at all the fan bases . I happen to like Jordan Kobe and LeBron. I like your even approach to all tho

I don't like either, but take these same approach. Homerism is stupid in my book.

The Warriors were AT great. They lost, because the happened to run in a team that got unreal hot for 3 games. I'm sure if the series was 10 times GS would win it 7 or 8 times.

Bronbron23
04-18-2020, 12:32 PM
If anything they are underrated. We'll never see total team harmony like that again.

If silver doesnt interfere, and they win handily in 5 people would be talking about them as the greatest team ever.

instead we get threads like this.

Why would they win handily in 5? They couldn't even win in 5 the year before when bron had nobody.

And the fact of the matter is they were overrated. People act like they were a dynasty or something. They only won one chip and it was an a asterisk one at that. So what they won 73 games in the regular season. You ask any player in any sport if they'd rather break the record for regular season wins or win it all and you damn well what they'd say.

One asterisk chip and a epic 3-1 choke job dosnt make you an all time great team. They weren't atg until kd got there

tpols
04-18-2020, 12:41 PM
they were much better in 2016 than 2015.

Curry peaked higher, klay and dray were better, and the team was just a more cohesive and experienced unit together.

the chemistry between livingston, iggy and dray was incredible complimenting the splash bros explosiveness and spacing. They broke the game pretty much.

Bogut was also the highest ranked defensive player in the league by drpm. (not many people know that)

They won every game in a blow out before the suspension and injury to go up 3-1, it was an avalanche. Cleveland couldnt compete on equal ground.

StrongLurk
04-18-2020, 12:41 PM
They weren't overrated at all because 2016 Regular season Curry was on MJ's level offensively...not joking at all about that. Dude went nuclear on the entire league, people are truly forgetting how game-breaking Curry was in the regular season (Curry lead the league in steals too).

Of course, everyone seems to be forgetting the GS was the best DEFENSIVE team in the NBA as well in 2016. They were not overrated.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2020, 01:02 PM
Why would they win handily in 5? They couldn't even win in 5 the year before when bron had nobody.

And the fact of the matter is they were overrated. People act like they were a dynasty or something. They only won one chip and it was an a asterisk one at that. So what they won 73 games in the regular season. You ask any player in any sport if they'd rather break the record for regular season wins or win it all and you damn well what they'd say.

One asterisk chip and a epic 3-1 choke job dosnt make you an all time great team. They weren't atg until kd got there
This dude ignores an entire 2 year period of historically successfully basketball because literally 1-2 plays go against them in the final 2 minutes of Game 7. Pretty reasonable take bruh :lol

red1
04-18-2020, 01:04 PM
they were smoking teams that season. they went cold at the wrong time shit happens.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Forget Iguodala being hobbled or the Dray suspension.

I think Bogut's injury really fukked the Dubs over. After he went down, Lebron basically did whatever the hell he wanted to. No deterrent at the hoop.

tpols
04-18-2020, 01:14 PM

I think Bogut's injury really fukked the Dubs over. After he went down, Lebron basically did whatever the hell he wanted to. No deterrent at the hoop.

Kyrie too one of the craftiest PG finishers of all time.

They broke a record in the game bogut and dray got knocked out of.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tKi4Xl6Is2g/hqdefault.jpg

and people think that doesnt matter....

Bronbron23
04-18-2020, 04:09 PM
This dude ignores an entire 2 year period of historically successfully basketball because literally 1-2 plays go against them in the final 2 minutes of Game 7. Pretty reasonable take bruh :lol

Sometimes its only 1 or 2 plays that makes the difference between being a champion and a loser. Thats the breaks buddy. Its not just the warriors thats been victim to that. Still dosnt change the fact that one asterisk ring dosnt make you an atg great team. A regular season accomplishment dosnt mean shit tbh. Especially when you choke a 3-1 lead on the biggest stage right after that.

Bronbron23
04-18-2020, 04:13 PM

Injuries late in the post season is part of the breaks. Injuries to Cleveland in 15 didnt seem to stop warrior fans from enjoying the warriors chip that year.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2020, 04:41 PM
Injuries late in the post season is part of the breaks. Injuries to Cleveland in 15 didnt seem to stop warrior fans from enjoying the warriors chip that year.

That goes without being said.

People whine about the Draymond suspension though. In reality, Bogut missing 3 games cost them more.

3ball
04-18-2020, 05:18 PM

Should've been co-mvp's

There's never been a 2nd option that played like that

Goat help

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2020, 05:23 PM
Should've been co-mvp's

There's never been a 2nd option that played like that

Goat help
Nah, when one player scores, facilitates, rebounds and defends better than the other, he should be the rightful MVP. No knock on Kyrie though, there's a lot of series he would've been FMVP playng like that

RRR3
04-18-2020, 05:29 PM
Draymond was back in games 6 and 7. They had plenty of chances. Tpols is just asshurt LeBron ruined his dreams that year.

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2020, 05:38 PM

nikka, bogut started that game and didnt change shit about lebron's 25 point first half

he was a non factor. he got benched all the time cause they lost with him.

you're having some trouble accepting that

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2020, 05:39 PM
That goes without being said.

People whine about the Draymond suspension though. In reality, Bogut missing 3 games cost them more.

no it didnt.

Bogut barely played any minutes cause the Warriors were losing with him on the floor.

They even intentionally benched him the last THREE games of the 2015 series, and also had more success without him there.

red1
04-18-2020, 05:45 PM

I ****ing love this pic

these guy would've won a ton of rings if they played together their entire career. they only played together in two finals, which is such a shame.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2020, 06:01 PM
no it didnt.

Bogut barely played any minutes cause the Warriors were losing with him on the floor.

They even intentionally benched him the last THREE games of the 2015 series, and also had more success without him there.

That's not what happened.

Bogut averaged basically 15 minutes per game, and had 5 blocks in Game 2.

With him? They were up 3-1.

Yeah he never had more impact than either Draymond or Iguodala. Not having him AT ALL proved to hurt them. That's a fact. Well, depending on whether you care about results.

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 06:21 PM
That's not what happened.

Bogut averaged basically 15 minutes per game, and had 5 blocks in Game 2.

With him? They were up 3-1.

Yeah he never had more impact than either Draymond or Iguodala. Not having him AT ALL proved to hurt them. That's a fact. Well, depending on whether you care about results.

Quit being a liar, you are bordering on 3ball status

Bogut played 60 minutes in 5 games. Stay in school, that is 12 minutes per game. Not 15. fakkit
Bogut also scored 3 points and 3 rebounds per game, never have I seen a player so highly regarded with a 3 point per game impact.

warriorfan
04-18-2020, 06:26 PM

Bogut played 60 minutes in 5 games. Stay in school, that is 12 minutes per game. Not 15. fakkit
Bogut also scored 3 points and 3 rebounds per game, never have I seen a player so highly regarded with a 3 point per game impact.

Because you watch the game through the box scores of basketball reference. It doesn’t account for contests, shots altered, proper positioning, screens. There’s many nuances of the game that don’t show up in the box scores and even in many advanced stats.

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 06:37 PM
Because you watch the game through the box scores of basketball reference. It doesn’t account for contests, shots altered, proper positioning, screens. There’s many nuances of the game that don’t show up in the box scores and even in many advanced stats.

Did you miss his 12 minutes of nuances? :lol Don't be a clown, we still won in 2017 and 2018 cutie pie.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2020, 06:56 PM

He was injured in Game 5, bitch ass ALT. Going into the second half.

And since you're a technically speaking geek, it was actually 13 minutes per.

The bottom line is that finals went down to the wire. And Bogut despite limited minutes, had obvious impact.

https://basketball-analytics.gitlab.io/rapm-data/season/2015-16/playoffs/
Top 12 in all of PLAYOFF RAPM.

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 07:02 PM

The bottom line is that finals went down to the wire. And Bogut despite limited minutes, had obvious impact.

Bogut 2016 Finals

60 minutes
5 games
do the math baby doll

lemme know when you get a degree

3 points
3 rebounds
:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2020, 07:05 PM
Bogut 2016 Finals

60 minutes
5 games
do the math baby doll

lemme know when you get a degree

3 points
3 rebounds
:lol

You're repeating yourself lol

Guess that ether scrambled your brain a bit.

warriorfan
04-18-2020, 07:32 PM

In game 7 Festus Ezili played 10 minutes and racked up -9 in +/- ...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2016-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html

If Bogut is healthy and fills in those 10 minutes that flood doesn’t happen and the Warriors win. Andrew Bogut was the difference maker.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2020, 07:39 PM
Ezeli was legit the worst player on the floor for the Warriors in Game 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdblVnvXDuE

red1
04-18-2020, 07:56 PM

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2016-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html

If Bogut is healthy and fills in those 10 minutes that flood doesn’t happen and the Warriors win. Andrew Bogut was the difference maker.

ehh even if festus sucked (he did) you guys were still up 3-1 you cant blame him for every loss. I personally recall curry bricking some shots that he usually makes. even if you say the draymond suspension cost a game (I think it its a weak excuse personally) - thats still 2 or 3 chances to ice the series.

you guys won 3 championships in 5 years and built the most stacked team of all time lets not nitpick and act like things were rigged against you :oldlol:

Axe
04-18-2020, 07:58 PM
The same warriors team that almost got themselves in the brink of elimination in the 2016 wcf by what inevitably happened to be kd's last season with the thunder.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2020, 08:04 PM
ehh even if festus sucked (he did) you guys were still up 3-1 you cant blame him for every loss. I personally recall curry bricking some shots that he usually makes. even if you say the draymond suspension cost a game (I think it its a weak excuse personally) - thats still 2 or 3 chances to ice the series.

you guys won 3 championships in 5 years and built the most stacked team of all time lets not nitpick and act like things were rigged against you :oldlol:
Especially when you factor in the injuries that happened during every title run

Kyrie/Love 2015
Kawhi 2017
CP3 2018

red1
04-18-2020, 08:06 PM
Especially when you factor in the injuries they got every single title season

Kyrie/Love 2015
Kawhi 2017
CP3 2018

yup. it was a bit of a stretch from warriorfan there.

I actually edited my post because I was just going to respond to him asking him if festus and the draymond suspension made curry choke and miss all of those shots as well.

but then I remembered that we've already covered that subject to death here (curry choking).

Axe
04-18-2020, 08:11 PM
In his last finals appearance, lbj also suffered a contusion in his fingers for punching the locker due to jr's moronic decision to dribble the ball for seconds depletion while they were still tied. They lost in ot and another 3-straight losses resulted to being swept for the first time in 11 years.

warriorfan
04-18-2020, 08:15 PM

FromDownsyndrome was saying Andrew Bogut didn’t matter. I just proved that he did. That is all.

Turbo Slayer
04-18-2020, 08:30 PM
FromDownsyndrome was saying Andrew Bogut didn’t matter. I just proved that he did. That is all. Lets not act like Bogut did not impacted the series in some way. His rim protection was valuable obviously....

In the Finals games they won (Game 1, Game 2, and Game 4) they had an average margin of appox. 20 points.....

When the inside scoring wasnt going well then it made it hard for the Cavaliers to do anything at will....

Add in the fact that Green got suspended for Game 5....

I firmly believe that if Bogut wasnt injured and Green wasnt suspended the Warriors would have won Game 5 on their home floor....

But still, Green played in the last 2 games and Green played literally the best game of his life in Game 7 while Curry wasn´t playing up to his usual MVP standards....

So we can conclude some of that was attributed to ¨choking¨ per se.

----------------------------------------------------
The same goes for the Cavs....

If Kyrie didnt go down, the Cavs would have won the 2015 series also.....

The 2015 Warriors were pushed by LeBron and Company to 6 games so if Irving was in the series it would have made a difference also....
Also Kevin Love was injured also too.

Having Delly and Thompson is a pretty significant downgrade compared to Irving and Love because they lacked the offensive firepower to draw attention away from LeBron.

LeBron had to do everything basically....

Being non biased and not being a hypocrite to both teams, I can say that injuries played an impact on both teams in both Finals series.......

-------------------------------

However, that still doesnt take away from LeBron´s and Curry´s greatness. They both played extremely well when they both won in their respective Finals series and when it counted.

Axe
04-18-2020, 08:32 PM
Lets not act like Bogut did not impacted the series in some way. His rim protection was valuable obviously....

In the Finals games they won (Game 1, Game 2, and Game 4) they had an average margin of appox. 20 points.....

When the inside scoring wasnt going well then it made it hard for the Cavaliers to do anything at will....

Add in the fact that Green got suspended for Game 5....

I firmly believe that if Bogut wasnt injured and Green wasnt suspended the Warriors would have won Game 5 on their home floor....

But still, Green played in the last 2 games and Green played literally the best game of his life in Game 7 while Curry wasn´t playing up to his usual MVP standards....

So we can conclude some of that was attributed to ¨choking¨ per se.

----------------------------------------------------
The same goes for the Cavs....

If Kyrie didnt go down, the Cavs would have won the 2015 series also.....

The 2015 Warriors were pushed by LeBron and Company to 6 games so if Irving was in the series it would have made a difference also....
Also Kevin Love was injured also too.

Having Delly and Thompson is a pretty significant downgrade compared to Irving and Love because they lacked the offensive firepower to draw attention away from LeBron.

LeBron had to do everything basically....

Being non biased I can say that injuries played an impact on both teams in both Finals series.......

-------------------------------

However, that still doesn´t takes away from LeBron´s and Curry´s greatness. They both played extremely well when they both won in their respective Finals series and when it counted.
When he said 'he did', I think he was actually referring to bogut, not the alt kiddo who said that bogut didn't matter.

Turbo Slayer
04-18-2020, 08:36 PM
When he said 'he did', I think he was actually referring to bogut, not the alt kiddo who said that bogut didn't matter. Ok. Thanks.

red1
04-18-2020, 08:37 PM
FromDownsyndrome was saying Andrew Bogut didn’t matter. I just proved that he did. That is all.

you're right then. ezeli was awful.

barnes was trash too. everytime barnes got the ball it was another shot taken from klay. Im not trolling. klay's shooting is deadly he crushes teams.

Bronbron23
04-18-2020, 08:39 PM
For the people on here using injuries as an excuse you really should stop. The warriors have been lucky with injuries to the opposing teams also throughout there run. Even if they do win in 16 if they're totally healthy theres a good chance they lose in 15 if kyrie and love dont get hurt and theres a good chance they lose in 18 if cp3 dosnt get hurt. It all evens out in the end most likely. Theyd lose 15 and 18 but win in 16,17 and 19. Thats still 3 chips and only 1 for the kdless warriors. The difference is it would of been a chip to go along with the 73 wins which definitely would of put that warriors team as the debatably the greatest team of all time. Unfortunately for them and there fans it didnt work out that way and it is what is. The ifs and buts are gonna change what happened. Curry and that 14-16 team will go down as one time champion that also had one of the biggest choke jobs ever and curry will go down as agreat player that never won a fmvp and often came up short in the biggest moments.

And i actually like steph more these days but the truth is the truth. Maybe he'll change that narrative in the next few years but its highly unlikely. It will be fun watching him try though.

Axe
04-18-2020, 08:45 PM
The warriors simply became the most recent dynasty due to injury-riddled teams that they have faced otw to the finals.

The 2017 team, in particular, wouldn't even have gone 16-1 in the postseason without zaza inflicting a serious injury on kawhi in g1 of that year's wcf. Dirty tactic rt.

Good thing kawhi avenged this loss against them in the finals last year with the raptors but zaza was no longer in the same team.

Turbo Slayer
04-18-2020, 08:48 PM
The warriors simply became the most recent dynasty due to injury-riddled teams that they have faced otw to the finals.

The 2017 team, in particular, wouldn't even have gone 16-1 in the postseason without zaza inflicting a serious injury on kawhi in g1 of that year's wcf. Dirty tactic rt.

Good thing kawhi avenged this loss against them in the finals last year with the raptors but zaza was no longer in the same team. Here´s a video of Zaza injuring Kawhi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmTlaL2GlU

For the bolded: Wow. Sometimes karma is real.

Axe
04-18-2020, 08:52 PM
Here´s a video of Zaza injuring Kawhi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRmTlaL2GlU

For the bolded: Wow. Sometimes karma is real.
Yeah, and dub stans try to justify this by saying it was never intentional at all. Yet that vid already screams thousands of words about it. 🥴🤦

Turbo Slayer
04-18-2020, 09:02 PM
you're right then. ezeli was awful.

barnes was trash too. everytime barnes got the ball it was another shot taken from klay. Im not trolling. klay's shooting is deadly he crushes teams.

Responding to the bolded....

Yes. Barnes was total rubbish in the 2016 Finals.

Let´s compare his regular season and the Finals altogether.........

----------------------------

Regular season

12 points, FT% 76, and 3P% 38 with 3.2 threes attempted....

2016 Finals

9 points, FT% 60, 31 % with appox. 4 threes attempted...

Overall, it indicates a severe drop off comparing regular season and Finals.

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 09:42 PM

Or if our boi Curry and Klay don't shit the bed in game 7 despite Green killing it out there for us. Oh well, Curry choked. 2017 was better once we rematched with KD

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 09:47 PM

Are you really blaming a guy that played 10 minutes when Curry sucked ass and scored 22 and had more turnovers than assists for the series? Man up.