PDA

View Full Version : Charles Oakley said Patrick Ewing ducked adversity.

Lebron23
04-14-2020, 02:54 AM
That he always disappeared during the crunch time. Oakley said he was a bad leader for the Knicks. That he got problems with Childs if he didn't get the ball, and Anthony Mason always cussed at him.

GimmeThat
04-14-2020, 03:02 AM
he was a prototypical big for jump shooters instead of set shooters

Lebron23
04-14-2020, 03:05 AM
Oakley also called him high mantainance.

jstern
04-14-2020, 03:16 AM
I seem to remember Patrick always wanting "the damn" ball during clutch times. Also, where's the link?

Overdrive
04-14-2020, 08:40 AM
That he always disappeared during the crunch time. Oakley said he was a bad leader for the Knicks. That he got problems with Childs if he didn't get the ball, and Anthony Mason always cussed at him.

Oakley is definately on some pills or shit, totally lost it. Ewing had some clutch blunders, but never afraid of the ball.

BarberSchool
04-14-2020, 08:54 AM
Oakley entering crab in barrel mode. Sad to see. Oak is just gonna drag everyone around him down into his own death spiral.

warriorfan
04-14-2020, 10:18 AM
LeOakley

lilteapot
04-14-2020, 11:50 AM
Oakley is a straight bitch

imdaman99
04-14-2020, 01:03 PM
Rewatched some of that game 7 in the 94 finals again... it hurts to watch all of it so I check out at a certain time. Ewing got abused by Olajuwon but everyone did, he was the best player in the world at that moment. Ewing started out poor and then got going in the 2nd half, kept them in the game.

If you watch old Knick games, they were severely lacking in talent especially offensively. I would cringe every time this mr softy Charles Smith would enter the game, he was useless and he was a bad defender as well but Riley loved him for some reason :rolleyes: Oak was getting beat on rebounds by guys like Carl Herrerra or Otis Thorpe. Oakley sucks, I used to have fonder memories but he was a no talent dude that would dish out hard fouls. He was nowhere close to what Rodman was.

I wish Oak would just shut the hell up already and go away. No I would not say this to his face :lol but it's obvious the Knicks are dead to him so he can f off. For some dude that was a role player, ok an enforcer he sure likes to yap. He would be left open on every play lol.

Wally450
04-14-2020, 01:04 PM
What source is this from?

Turbo Slayer
04-14-2020, 01:17 PM
Oakley :facepalm

Kblaze8855
04-14-2020, 01:36 PM
Oakley was talented I’d say. He was one of the better post defenders. Karl Malone got a lot of credit for those strip steals in the post but Oak was doing it too. And he would have been a 15 rebound guy some years if not for playing next to so many rebounders. He had a 35 rebound game in Chicago. He was also one of the best outlet passers in the league and late in his career was nice on lobs and could hit a 3 if he chose to. He had some variety to his game.

Nowoco
04-14-2020, 03:20 PM
John Starks gets all the blame for the infamous 2/18 game 7 in 1994 but Ewing was garbage all series.

19 PPG @ 36% for a supposed superstar center in the 90s is a disgraceful performance.

Ewing fully deserves the choke label he carries around.

red1
04-14-2020, 03:46 PM
oakley is always right. I'll trust his judgement.

jstern
04-15-2020, 12:00 AM
I Googled "Patrick Ewing give me the damn ball," and the first link 37 year old crippled Ewing, with messed up Achilles, with the flu and Sprewell and Houston on his team still demanded the ball in the closing minutes of their previous games.

As much as Ewing has deferred at times this season, he desperately wants the ball in the last moments. Always. No matter how badly he’s going, how sick he’s feeling.

https://nypost.com/2000/03/28/gimme-the-damn-ball-patricks-still-the-man-when-knicks-need-one/

But it seems as though Oakley wasn't talking about that aspect of Ewing's game, but rather more behind the scene, vocal stuff. That wasn't Ewing's personality. I remember him talking about how he came from Jamaica and wasn't that vocal. More introverted. Communication wasn't really his big thing.

iamgine
04-15-2020, 12:47 AM
So basically Ewing did not say what needed to be said and Oakley is saying what doesn't need to be said.

JBSptfn
04-15-2020, 03:13 PM
Oakley was talented I’d say. He was one of the better post defenders. Karl Malone got a lot of credit for those strip steals in the post but Oak was doing it too. And he would have been a 15 rebound guy some years if not for playing next to so many rebounders. He had a 35 rebound game in Chicago. He was also one of the best outlet passers in the league and late in his career was nice on lobs and could hit a 3 if he chose to. He had some variety to his game.

In the fall of 1994, Oakley was almost traded to the Jazz for Malone (and rookie Charlie Ward would have been included in the deal). The GM's agreed. However. Jazz owner Larry Miller vetoed it.