PDA

View Full Version : I apologize to all Kobe fans

Im so nba'd out
04-14-2020, 06:21 AM
I really went back and watched videos/ did research.

Kobe was not Shaq's Pippen.I apologize for speaking on a player i never even watched play around the early 2000's.I was going off of word of mouth, box scores, and my own bias against him.

I didnt know bruh....Kobe got it man.They were the 2 best players in the league during their run.He was never a sidekick during any of those title runs.

Once again i didnt personally watch during that time and i apologize for going with the crowd.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yCAoGdVUCW5LW/giphy.gif

Axe
04-14-2020, 06:24 AM
Of course he wasn't. Who told you so?

Even hof coach phil jackson said in his own book that he isn't shaq's version of pippen at all.

AlternativeAcc.
04-14-2020, 06:24 AM
Facts bro

2000 playoff run was unreal

rawimpact
04-14-2020, 09:22 AM
It was an amazing era for laker basketball. I remember how the two would switch off taking over. At the time, there really never were two superstars that could do that as dominantly or effectively. Later on Yao and Tracey def gave them trouble.

I grew up watching Jordan and when he retired I did feel the NBA changed but Kobe was really the player people quickly started to follow. Athough he was a tad older than me, I always saw him as a peer and to see him go from a baggy clothed dress kid with an attitude only surpassed by his drive to an all time great with a family. It was truly shattering for me to see the news earlier this year.

ArbitraryWater
04-14-2020, 09:31 AM
what youtube video did you watch to say this

couldnt be the 00 or 02 playoffs lol

Rysio
04-14-2020, 09:42 AM

couldnt be the 02 playoffs lol
What? Kobe averaged 9ppg in 4th qtrs on 49% in 02

Dumbass LeBrick stans

ArbitraryWater
04-14-2020, 09:43 AM
What? Kobe averaged 9ppg in 4th qtrs on 49% in 02

Dumbass LeBrick stans

Shut up you little cherry picking dweeb

FreezingTsmoove
04-14-2020, 12:16 PM
Retard of the day award goes to AutisticWater

ImKobe
04-14-2020, 12:25 PM

couldnt be the 00 or 02 playoffs lol

Like Kobe wasn't the one getting them past Portland, Sacramento or San Antonio in those years.. When did Pippen ever take over close games and lead the Bulls in 4th quarter scoring with Mike on the court?

But fourth quarter stats can be misleading, right? Who knows if he was just putting up numbers in the fourth when the game was already decided? When using the NBA’s definition of clutch, the last five minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime, when the score is within five points, we find an interesting result. All stats are per 36 minutes, requiring at least 10 minutes played in clutch situations, and TS% requires a minimum of 15 FGA in clutch situations

https://defpen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Screen-Shot-2017-06-03-at-3.01.08-PM.png

34-24 Footwork
04-14-2020, 10:39 PM
I really went back and watched videos/ did research.

Kobe was not Shaq's Pippen.I apologize for speaking on a player i never even watched play around the early 2000's.I was going off of word of mouth, box scores, and my own bias against him.

I didnt know bruh....Kobe got it man.They were the 2 best players in the league during their run.He was never a sidekick during any of those title runs.

Once again i didnt personally watch during that time and i apologize for going with the crowd.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yCAoGdVUCW5LW/giphy.gif

Good stuff, man. Takes a lot to admit when you're wrong (especially on the internet).

Still to this day, my fave series still was the one against Indiana where Jalen Rose purposely injured him with the intention of keeping him out of the entire series. I know what it's like to get undercut by accident and that shit makes you want to avoid hoops for a while. That fact that dude returned from that and proceeded to lead his team to victory with Shaq on the bench, on the road at 21 years old, is still probably the craziest shit I've seen.

DoctorP
04-14-2020, 10:51 PM
Kobe drove Shaq out because Shaq was a fatass slacker.

That motivated Shaq for a season or two.