PDA

View Full Version : Sounds Like Tom Thibodeau Is About To Be A Coach Again

FireDavidKahn
04-14-2020, 05:53 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886223-knicks-rumors-several-coaches-believe-tom-thibodeau-will-be-nys-next-hc

If the New York Knicks move on from interim head coach Mike Miller after this season, one name to keep an eye on for the full-time job is Tom Thibodeau.

Per SNY.tv's Ian Begley, "several coaches and people with a vetted interest" in the hire believe Knicks president Leon Rose will go with Thibodeau if he decides not to bring Miller back.

Ever since Rose took over the Knicks' basketball operations department in March, Thibodeau has been connected to the organization as a coaching candidate.

On March 2, the day Rose was officially hired, NBA reporter Frank Isola noted he and Thibodeau have been close for two decades.

I pray this doesn't actually happen, no team deserves Thibs, because he will play a vet team over youth as much as he possibly can. Considering the MPG that RJ averaged last year he will be safe from that fate.

DoctorP
04-14-2020, 05:56 PM
he's from the pat riley school of early playoff exits

scuzzy
04-14-2020, 05:57 PM
He was suited best as an assistant during Boston big-3 imo

I agree giving him the keys is a bad call, he's too FO power hungry

Axe
04-14-2020, 05:59 PM
The knicks? Meh.

DoctorP
04-14-2020, 06:01 PM
the knicks would be lucky to have him, but.... the knicks

knicks will be forever cursed for rigging the lotto for ewing

brownmamba00
04-14-2020, 06:04 PM
I like this. Knicks need a guy that's a hard working defense-first type of coach. This should also help Randle in his development.

red1
04-14-2020, 06:19 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886223-knicks-rumors-several-coaches-believe-tom-thibodeau-will-be-nys-next-hc

I pray this doesn't actually happen, no team deserves Thibs, because he will play a vet team over youth as much as he possibly can. Considering the MPG that RJ averaged last year he will be safe from that fate.

:oldlol:

the knicks need an experienced no nonsense type I think it will be a good fit too.