PDA

View Full Version : Rank: Nirvana/Alice In Chains/Soundgarden/Pearl Jam

Im Still Ballin
04-18-2020, 11:59 AM
Soundgarden and AIC are definitely the best two.

Rocket
04-18-2020, 12:09 PM
Soundgarden and AIC are definitely the best two. You mean rank from bad to worse???? All of them are like this :hammerhead:to me.

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 12:35 PM
I'll go

Nirvana
Soundgarden
Pearl jam
Alice

Never got heavy into Alice but all these bands rock

JohnnySic
04-18-2020, 12:40 PM
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden

By the barest of margins though. All 4 are awesome.

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 12:54 PM
Nirvana...one of the most overrated bands.

It’s Soundgarden and AIC as the best two from the Seattle four.

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 01:21 PM
Nirvana...one of the most overrated bands.

It’s Soundgarden and AIC as the best two from the Seattle four.

Soundgarden is from Los Angeles

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 01:25 PM
Oh just googled it

I guess Soundgarden was formed in Seattle

I think Cornell was from la or something

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 01:35 PM
I also agree Nirvana is overrated but I still like their shit the best

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 02:15 PM
Oh just googled it

I guess Soundgarden was formed in Seattle

I think Cornell was from la or something

I was about to pimp slap the shit out of you.

Soundgarden is my 2nd favorite band of all time. Reading your post nearly made me faint.

And Chris was born in Seattle.

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 02:26 PM
I was about to pimp slap the shit out of you.

Soundgarden is my 2nd favorite band of all time. Reading your post nearly made me faint.

And Chris was born in Seattle.

heheh. my mistake. i thought i heard he was from LA around the time that he died, but I probably mixed it up with some other factoid.

fsvr54
04-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Nirvana might be the most overrated band of all time.

Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
Nirvana

I only really liked Soundgarden and Alice in Chains.

~primetime~
04-18-2020, 03:52 PM
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains
Soundgarden

By the barest of margins though. All 4 are awesome.

+1

this is my list as well

JohnnySic
04-18-2020, 04:48 PM
Nirvana is NOT overrated. They triggered a revolution in music that lasted several years. To this day, everything post-Nirvana is considered the modern era in rock and everything that came before is considered classic rock. I can see where someone listening to them after the fact wonders what the big deal was though. You had to have been there to get it.

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 05:20 PM
Nirvana is NOT overrated. They triggered a revolution in music that lasted several years. To this day, everything post-Nirvana is considered the modern era in rock and everything that came before is considered classic rock. I can see where someone listening to them after the fact wonders what the big deal was though. You had to have been there to get it.

While they did usher in a new style of Rock with more angst, Grunge as a whole was kind of a big F-U to the genre that had taken over the airwaves in the years prior which was Hair Metal/Glam. The radio airwaves were dominated with bands like Bon Jovi, Poison, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, etc. If you were listening to Rock in the 80's, it was either Soft Rock, or it was Glam. While I think you give Nirvana too much credit as the pioneers that ushered this new style in, I think it was done primarily as a collective between all the aforementioned bands and bands like the Melvins, Green River, and the Screaming Trees.

Nirvana's success has a lot to do with MTV as well. They were on every day.

RRR3
04-18-2020, 05:32 PM
The Smashing Pumpkins were better than all 4 of them.

That said,

Nirvana
Alice in Chains

Soundgarden

Pearl Jam

warriorfan
04-18-2020, 05:46 PM
Pearl Jam is better than all of those bands

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 05:47 PM
The Smashing Pumpkins were better than all 4 of them.

:facepalm

RRR3
04-18-2020, 06:10 PM
None of the bands mentioned came close to mastering as many different sounds as SP did. Extremely versatile band.

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 06:19 PM
None of the bands mentioned came close to mastering as many different sounds as SP did. Extremely versatile band.

Spoken like someone who's never heard any of the other bands actually.

Listen to this song. None of these bands can come close to this "sound".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQ67MffHao&list=OLAK5uy_kn3bQAXAk7oxnSvHmcIKCsHWs-qYuEz2Q

Year: 1989

~primetime~
04-18-2020, 06:36 PM
While they did usher in a new style of Rock with more angst, Grunge as a whole was kind of a big F-U to the genre that had taken over the airwaves in the years prior which was Hair Metal/Glam. The radio airwaves were dominated with bands like Bon Jovi, Poison, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, etc. If you were listening to Rock in the 80's, it was either Soft Rock, or it was Glam. While I think you give Nirvana too much credit as the pioneers that ushered this new style in, I think it was done primarily as a collective between all the aforementioned bands and bands like the Melvins, Green River, and the Screaming Trees.

I credit Perry Ferrell...Janes Addiction

Nirvana was the first to bring it to the masses though

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 06:39 PM
whatever.... music , as art, is completely subjective but I feel Cobain's songwriting is a tier above the others. i love it so much. really good shit

all these bands are legendary. no need for them to be competitive over the other like some fn chimpanzee shit

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 06:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPQ67MffHao&list=OLAK5uy_kn3bQAXAk7oxnSvHmcIKCsHWs-qYuEz2Q

https://media.tenor.com/images/862e32f7203547e0a84844de3dfafb73/tenor.gif

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 06:43 PM

it's impossible for them to not be overrated at this point

~primetime~
04-18-2020, 06:43 PM
Nirvana's own Dave Grohl:

"Trent Reznor is my generations most talented musician"

Grohl is right

RRR3
04-18-2020, 06:49 PM

I literally own that album :oldlol: Alice in Chains does similar stuff (Black Sabbath influenced grunge) to Soundgarden but way better.

Go listen to Mellon Collie again champ.

JohnnySic
04-18-2020, 06:57 PM

By '91 glam metal was fading on its own. It had become a bloated caricature of itself; tons of copycat bands springing up all with the same sound and same format (i.e. every album had a "power ballad" in there). Grunge just put the final nail in the coffin, and Smells Like Teen Spirit was the trigger.

But yes, alternative music was gaining some headway prior to that.

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 07:11 PM
Go listen to Mellon Collie again champ.

Sorry I don't listen to pop radio-friendly garbage. To each his own though. I know you've gone full loco if you're ballsy enough to say Billy is a better singer than Chris.

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 07:13 PM
Sorry I don't listen to pop radio-friendly garbage. To each his own though. I know you've gone full loco if you're ballsy enough to say Billy is a better singer than Chris.

:lol yeah. Billy loves that pop

RRR3
04-18-2020, 07:30 PM
:roll:

Typical retard mode from Chewy.

RRR3
04-18-2020, 07:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS0HrXHkWA4

"Pop friendly radio garbage"

Chewy at it again :roll: Subhuman IQ

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 07:40 PM
Like I said, to each his own. You listen to shit music. No one is going to think any less than they already do of you, son.

What did you expect when you come on here saying that the shit music you listen to is better than the Seattle 4?? :oldlol:

RRR3
04-18-2020, 07:40 PM
Chewy probably thinks "Big Dumb Sex" was written unironically :old:

RRR3
04-18-2020, 07:42 PM
Lol you probably listen to hair metal while at the same time being afraid to listen anything remotely soft because of your fragile masculinity. FOH bruh, SP's first 3 albums are legendary. Sorry you missed it. Nice job not clicking the video. Heavier than anything Soundgarden ever did.

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Like I said, to each his own. You listen to shit music. No one is going to think any less than they already do of you, son.

What did you expect when you come on here saying that the shit music you listen to is better than the Seattle 4?? :oldlol:

:lol

RRR3
04-18-2020, 07:50 PM
:lol
Same dude who thinks Dio era Sabbath is their acme. No one takes Chewy seriously. Too much Trump is bad for the brain. Poor fella.

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 07:51 PM
Same dude who thinks Dio era Sabbath is their acme. No one takes Chewy seriously. Too much Trump is bad for the brain. Poor fella.

whatever. theres no right answer to taste

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 07:52 PM
Lol you probably listen to hair metal while at the same time being afraid to listen anything remotely soft because of your fragile masculinity. FOH bruh, SP's first 3 albums are legendary. Sorry you missed it. Nice job not clicking the video. Heavier than anything Soundgarden ever did.

You see, this right here is further proof that you haven't a clue of what you're talking about. You're a punk kid. Give it up. Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger album was borderline Heavy Metal. You will not find anyone out there that will tell you that Smashing Pumpkins are a better and heavier sounding band than Soundgarden. You won't. You listen to shit music and you're crying and whining about it now cause someone called you out on it.

And Hair Metal/Glam is great music. Some of the best singers came out of that era. David Coverdale, Mike Matijevic, Tom Kiefer, Mark Slaughter > Billy Corgan. :lol

RRR3
04-18-2020, 07:59 PM
You see, this right here is further proof that you haven't a clue of what you're talking about. You're a punk kid. Give it up. Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger album was borderline Heavy Metal. You will not find anyone out there that will tell you that Smashing Pumpkins are a better and heavier sounding band than Soundgarden. You won't. You listen to shit music and you're crying and whining about it now cause someone called you out on it.

And Hair Metal/Glam is great music. Some of the best singers came out of that era. David Coverdale, Mike Matijevic, Tom Kiefer, Mark Slaughter > Billy Corgan. :lol
Considering they've sold more records, that's pretty hard to believe. I'm not saying record sales determine who's better (they don't), I'm just saying lots of people would agree with me on this subject. Soundgarden is absolutely heavier than SP on average, but SP has numerous songs that actually ARE metal, not "borderline metal". If you explored their discography more, you'd know this. Not every song is 1979, in fact what made them so good is that they did a variety of styles.

LOL @ calling SP "radio friendly pop garbage" when you like hair metal. No self awareness :roll:

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 08:07 PM
Considering they've sold more records, that's pretty hard to believe. I'm not saying record sales determine who's better (they don't), I'm just saying lots of people would agree with me on this subject. Soundgarden is absolutely heavier than SP on average, but SP has numerous songs that actually ARE metal, not "borderline metal". If you explored their discography more, you'd know this. Not every song is 1979, in fact what made them so good is that they did a variety of styles.

LOL @ calling SP "radio friendly pop garbage" when you like hair metal. No self awareness :roll:

LOL no they wouldn't. And you've explained to everyone here why you feel that way......because of record sales. Because MTV and mainstream radio played this band on a daily basis, and Down's Syndrome patients like yourself believe they must be good if I hear it on the radio every day.

And you've basically made a fool of yourself in front of everyone. If you're telling me that Soundgarden has Metal songs, then name me the "Metal" songs that SP has come out with. You know, since you think they're heavier than Soundgarden. You're a complete clown. Give it up.

RRR3
04-18-2020, 08:12 PM

LOL no they wouldn't. And you've explained to everyone here why you feel that way......because of record sales. Because MTV and mainstream radio played this band on a daily basis, and Down's Syndrome patients like yourself believe they must be good if I hear it on the radio every day.

And you've basically made a fool of yourself in front of everyone. If you're telling me that Soundgarden has Metal songs, then name me the "Metal" songs that SP has come out with. You know, since you think they're heavier than Soundgarden. You're a complete clown. Give it up.
You just proved you can't read. I already gave you a song heavier than anything Soundgarden did by them. It's not my fault if you're afraid to listen and challenge your opinions. You can also check out Tales of a Scorched Earth, although they never played that live.

RRR3
04-18-2020, 08:16 PM
I'll take L7 over Soundgarden too while we're at it. Chewy has no idea who that is though :lol

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 08:23 PM
You just proved you can't read. I already gave you a song heavier than anything Soundgarden did by them. It's not my fault if you're afraid to listen and challenge your opinions. You can also check out Tales of a Scorched Earth, although they never played that live.

You posted one song that they played Live which bands usually go off script and louder when playing Live. Soundgarden's entire catalog is harder than anything SP has ever done. Spoken truth. No amount of crying and back and forth you want to do with me is going to change that. Deal with it. Suck it up. You can post all night and day if you want. I'll be here to shut you down. Hell, SP are even listed as Alternative Rock band. Which they are. There is no denying that. But you think you're the only one who listens to heavy music on this board? Just because you worship SP doesn't give you the right to make outlandish claims that they are better than Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains, and then to top it off, to tell us that they are heavier than those bands as well.

RRR3
04-18-2020, 08:28 PM
You posted one song that they played Live which bands usually go off script and louder when playing Live. Soundgarden's entire catalog is harder than anything SP has ever done. Spoken truth. No amount of crying and back and forth you want to do with me is going to change that. Deal with it. Suck it up. You can post all night and day if you want. I'll be here to shut you down. Hell, SP are even listed as Alternative Rock band. Which they are. There is no denying that. But you think you're the only one who listens to heavy music on this board? Just because you worship SP doesn't give you the right to make outlandish claims that they are better than Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains, and then to top it off, to tell us that they are heavier than those bands as well.
Nirvana, AIC and SG are all heavier than SP on average for sure, I just said SP has songs that are heavier than anything those bands did. Again, you can look up the studio version of XYU or Tales of a Scorched Earth, amongst others like **** You (An Ode to No One). Pearl Jam aren't even heavy, so not sure why you're lumping them in with the other 3. I don't think I'm the only one who listens to heavy music on here, but when you go around acting like SG is super heavy and say hair metal is legit, I can tell you don't listen to actually heavy music. You would poop your pants if you heard black metal.

TheMan
04-18-2020, 08:40 PM
You mean rank from bad to worse???? All of them are like this :hammerhead:to me.

OK boomer...

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 08:43 PM
Nirvana, AIC and SG are all heavier than SP on average for sure, I just said SP has songs that are heavier than anything those bands did. Again, you can look up the studio version of XYU or Tales of a Scorched Earth, amongst others like **** You (An Ode to No One). Pearl Jam aren't even heavy, so not sure why you're lumping them in with the other 3. I don't think I'm the only one who listens to heavy music on here, but when you go around acting like SG is super heavy and say hair metal is legit, I can tell you don't listen to actually heavy music. You would poop your pants if you heard black metal.

Black Metal is unlistenable garbage. It's just noise. Been listening to Metal for longer than you've been alive so I know plenty of Black Metal bands. Death Metal is the heaviest I'll go in terms of finding actual songs that I can headbang to. Bands like Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, and Amon Amarth. But on a regular basis, the best and most appealing genres of Metal are Thrash and Traditional.

DoctorP
04-18-2020, 08:45 PM
Black Metal is unlistenable garbage. It's just noise. Been listening to Metal for longer than you've been alive so I know plenty of Black Metal bands. Death Metal is the heaviest I'll go in terms of finding actual songs that I can headbang to. Bands like Morbid Angel, Bolt Thrower, and Amon Amarth. But on a regular basis, the best and most appealing genres of Metal are Thrash and Traditional.

yeah but hot witches dig the black metal

RRR3
04-18-2020, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I thought so. Scurred of legitimately heavy music. Go back to your hair metal bands, chewy :oldlol:

Patrick Chewing
04-18-2020, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I thought so. Scurred of legitimately heavy music. Go back to your hair metal bands, chewy :oldlol:

Scared of legitimately heavy music? I've schooled you on Metal and what's good Metal and not the garbage you listen to. You think you're scoring points with people cause you name off bands like Burzum, Marduk, Mayhem, etc.?? :oldlol:

TheMan
04-19-2020, 12:58 AM
My order..

Soundgarden
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam

Nirvana

Never really got into Nirvana, especially after Kurt hooked up with that talentless hack Courtney Love and both started flaming on 80s hard rock/metal bands. I despised MTV for the way they tried to pretend they were always too cool for metal in the 90s after having rode hard the metal gravy train in the 80s. They were probably the biggest reason metal music got so horrible by the end of the 80s.

TheMan
04-19-2020, 01:14 AM
Scared of legitimately heavy music? I've schooled you on Metal and what's good Metal and not the garbage you listen to. You think you're scoring points with people cause you name off bands like Burzum, Marduk, Mayhem, etc.?? :oldlol:

I can't listen to black metal either, it's unlistenable garbage to me.

Derka
04-19-2020, 08:44 AM
Soundgarden
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Nirvana

Derka
04-19-2020, 09:02 AM
I hate that Mudhoney constantly gets left out of the Seattle discussions, much like Exodus and Testament get left out of the American thrash discussion. Mudhoney wasn’t nearly as successful but they were tremendous.

Other points in this thread:

I’m split on Pumpkins. Their output is consistently hit or miss. For me, it boils down to two experiences seeing them live. I saw them on their last tour before they split in 2000 and it was a three hour tour de force and one of the best shows I’ve ever been to. I saw them again when Corgan and Chamberlain put the band back together for Zeitgeist and it was the complete opposite; two dudes past their prime just cashing checks. Disgraceful.

Dave Grohl was absolutely right: Trent Reznor is his generation’s most important musician.

Black metal is unlistenable garbage. That entire scene is now and always has been about image and appearance over musicianship.

Overdrive
04-21-2020, 07:27 AM
Nirvana, AIC and SG are all heavier than SP on average for sure, I just said SP has songs that are heavier than anything those bands did. Again, you can look up the studio version of XYU or Tales of a Scorched Earth, amongst others like **** You (An Ode to No One).[...]but when you go around acting like SG is super heavy and say hair metal is legit, I can tell you don't listen to actually heavy music. You would poop your pants if you heard black metal.

I honestly think the "If you don't listen to music as heavy as me you're a *****" point is so stupid. I'd rather listen to a ballad and enjoy it than some heavy music just to impress someone. Who exactly btw? That said Chewy definately hates black metal, because he's a fn zealot afraid of going to hell if he listens to satanic lyrics. That's why he takes the catholic Dio's era over Ozzy Sabbath - too much satanic symbolism on the first 4 albums.

You posted one song that they played Live which bands usually go off script and louder when playing Live. Soundgarden's entire catalog is harder than anything SP has ever done. Spoken truth. [...]Just because you worship SP doesn't give you the right to make outlandish claims that they are better than Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains, and then to top it off, to tell us that they are heavier than those bands as well.

[...]Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger album was borderline Heavy Metal. You will not find anyone out there that will tell you that Smashing Pumpkins are a better and heavier sounding band than Soundgarden. You won't. You listen to shit music and you're crying and whining about it now cause someone called you out on it.

Pumpkins' heaviest definately was heavier than anything the Seattle 4 did, but their softest was also the softest by far. Still a stupid debate and I don't get why they get lumped in with the others. They were part of the same era, but not even from Seattle. Their music is alternative rock for most parts(early on atleast), but nothing like 3 of those 4 bands. That's like lumping Priest together with bay area thrash.

Also I don't get the inclusion of Pearl Jam with the other 3. Aside from being from the same place at the same time, they have nothing in common with the others. They still played a very early classic rock influenced music. The other bands were somewhere between punk and metal and oozed that attitude.

Coverdale was the singer of Mk III Deep Purple. Whitesnake changed their style after Lord left, so saying he came out of that era is a bit weird. Also most of later hair metal is redundant crap most people would have problems naming the band if they were faced with random non hit songs. It became cliché pretty quick and that what kills of genres usually. Peopel just act like it was grunge's doing.

OT:

AIC and Soundgarden
Pearl Jam

Nirvana

Also would take the protobands SY, Pixies, Melvins, Dinosaur Jr and the likes over Nirvana. Especially the Pixies. Mudhoney also a great mention. Nirvana just had the right amount of pop - Kurt as limited as he was, was a great songwriter - and heaviness to be the movement's flagship.

RRR3
04-21-2020, 04:35 PM
I honestly think the "If you don't listen to music as heavy as me you're a *****" point is so stupid. I'd rather listen to a ballad and enjoy it than some heavy music just to impress someone. Who exactly btw? That said Chewy definately hates black metal, because he's a fn zealot afraid of going to hell if he listens to satanic lyrics. That's why he takes the catholic Dio's era over Ozzy Sabbath - too much satanic symbolism on the first 4 albums.

Pumpkins' heaviest definately was heavier than anything the Seattle 4 did, but their softest was also the softest by far. Still a stupid debate and I don't get why they get lumped in with the others. They were part of the same era, but not even from Seattle. Their music is alternative rock for most parts(early on atleast), but nothing like 3 of those 4 bands. That's like lumping Priest together with bay area thrash.

Also I don't get the inclusion of Pearl Jam with the other 3. Aside from being from the same place at the same time, they have nothing in common with the others. They still played a very early classic rock influenced music. The other bands were somewhere between punk and metal and oozed that attitude.

Coverdale was the singer of Mk III Deep Purple. Whitesnake changed their style after Lord left, so saying he came out of that era is a bit weird. Also most of later hair metal is redundant crap most people would have problems naming the band if they were faced with random non hit songs. It became cliché pretty quick and that what kills of genres usually. Peopel just act like it was grunge's doing.

OT:

AIC and Soundgarden
Pearl Jam

Nirvana

Also would take the protobands SY, Pixies, Melvins, Dinosaur Jr and the likes over Nirvana. Especially the Pixies. Mudhoney also a great mention. Nirvana just had the right amount of pop - Kurt as limited as he was, was a great songwriter - and heaviness to be the movement's flagship.
I don’t usually brag about the heaviness of the music I listen to like that but chewy was talking mad shit and acting like the Pumpkins aren’t really heavy at times and that I don’t listen to heavy music when I in fact listen to stuff way heavier than he’s willing to even give a chance. Agree with basically all of your post besides where you rank Nirvana and PJ but that is of course an opinion. :)

TheMan
04-21-2020, 06:08 PM

OT:

AIC and Soundgarden
Pearl Jam

Nirvana

Dio was raised Catholic but he rebelled against organized religion...this is Dio's album
https://www.vintageheavymetal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Dio_Holy_Diver_HD.jpg

Ozzy has said numerous times that they aren't Satanists, that real Satanists are morons, that they did it just for show, they noticed people liked getting spooked so they did it as an act, just character play. Also, Tony Iommi always wears crosses, even on his guitar, as does Ozzy.
http://www.rockbizz.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/black-sabbath-tony-iommi.jpg

Overdrive
04-21-2020, 06:14 PM
Dio was raised Catholic but he rebelled against organized religion...this is Dio's album
https://www.vintageheavymetal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Dio_Holy_Diver_HD.jpg

Ozzy has said numerous times that they aren't Satanists, that real Satanists are morons, that they did it just for show, they noticed people liked getting spooked so they did it as an act, just character play. Also, Tony Iommi always wears crosses, even on his guitar, as does Ozzy.
http://www.rockbizz.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/black-sabbath-tony-iommi.jpg

I know who those guys are. It was a jab at Chewy, who showed signs of pathologic religiousnes in the past.

RRR3
04-21-2020, 06:18 PM

Sabbath nevertheless has a song highly critical of Christianity, or at least dogma in Christianity. That song is "Under the Sun" if you want to give it a listen.

TheMan
04-21-2020, 06:35 PM
Sabbath nevertheless has a song highly critical of Christianity, or at least dogma in Christianity. That song is "Under the Sun" if you want to give it a listen.

I know that song...I'm Catholic but believe me, I don't agree 100% with what the Catholic Church has done and does to this day.

TheMan
04-21-2020, 06:37 PM
I know who those guys are. It was a jab at Chewy, who showed signs of pathologic religiousnes in the past.
I know you know who those guys are...my post was more aimed at others reading this thread :cheers:

Patrick Chewing
04-21-2020, 06:49 PM
I hate Black Metal because of the Satanic imagery??

I hate Black Metal because it ****ing sucks :lol

RRR3
04-21-2020, 07:03 PM
I hate Black Metal because of the Satanic imagery??

I hate Black Metal because it ****ing sucks :lol
Then why do you like hair metal? :oldlol:

DoctorP
04-21-2020, 09:41 PM

chewing likes non-demonic love ballad shit

Patrick Chewing
04-21-2020, 10:45 PM

Perhaps if you knew anything of music and actually had some taste, you'd understand.

Overdrive
04-22-2020, 01:13 PM
Perhaps if you knew anything of music and actually had some taste, you'd understand.

What exactly do you have to know about music to enjoy Poison or Bon Jovi?

RRR3
04-22-2020, 05:30 PM
What exactly do you have to know about music to enjoy Poison or Bon Jovi?
Chewy just makes it too easy :oldlol:

andgar923
04-22-2020, 10:06 PM
Nirvana was just grimier.

I love all 4 and will easily add PJ as one of the best American bands of all time due to their extensive catalog. Soundgarden and Alice had better overall talent, better musicians, better singers, better writers, but Nirvana was just grimier.

RRR3
04-22-2020, 10:56 PM
Nirvana was just grimier.

I love all 4 and will easily add PJ as one of the best American bands of all time due to their extensive catalog. Soundgarden and Alice had better overall talent, better musicians, better singers, better writers, but Nirvana was just grimier.
Cobain wrote the best stuff of the 4 IMO. Just personal preference tho.

andgar923
04-22-2020, 11:04 PM
Cobain wrote the best stuff of the 4 IMO. Just personal preference tho.

Naw, he wrote tons of gibberish at times for the sake of being gibberish. He was a big Lennon and Bowie fan, two writers that wrote gibberish.

DoctorP
04-22-2020, 11:06 PM
Naw, he wrote tons of gibberish at times for the sake of being gibberish. He was a big Lennon and Bowie fan, two writers that wrote gibberish.

gibberish is the best

RRR3
04-23-2020, 02:22 PM
So? Lyrics are so fukcing overrated lol.

Lakers Legend#32
04-23-2020, 04:36 PM
Stone Temple Pilots were better than all of them.

andgar923
04-23-2020, 09:01 PM
So? Lyrics are so fukcing overrated lol.

Huh? I never stated that.

JohnnySic
04-23-2020, 09:15 PM
Stone Temple Pilots were better than all of them.

LOL, no. And STP was not a grunge band. They are the grandaddy of bands like Creed and Nickelback.