PDA

View Full Version : What is MJ’s case for being a better shooter than Bird?

AirBonner
04-18-2020, 02:30 PM
MJ never had a 50/40/90 season :confusedshrug:

Rysio
04-18-2020, 02:46 PM
Only retards would believe Jordan was a better shooter than bird.

tpols
04-18-2020, 02:48 PM

3ball has inspired a new generation of retards.

soon enough we'll hear MJ was a better rebounder than rodman. and a better passer than magic.

because its not enough to be the general GOAT, they are greedy and want to be better at everything ever.

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 03:01 PM

:roll:

colts19
04-18-2020, 03:03 PM
Bird had the first 2 50/40/90 seasons ever. MJ was a great mid range jump shooter. Bird was a better all around shooter than MJ but MJ was great at what he did.

3ball
04-18-2020, 03:13 PM
I view Bird, MJ, and Curry as having elite 3-point capability, even though the stats don't support it for Bird and MJ due to era

the era differences nullify the 3-point stats... :confusedshrug:...

So the reason I view Bird as a better shooter than MJ but not Curry, is that Bird can make contested jumpers just like MJ, while Curry can't..

So similar to Curry, Bird has the perceived advantage over MJ on threes, except Bird can make contested jumpers too - so I view Bird as a better shooter than MJ but not Curry

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2020, 03:14 PM
I view Bird, MJ, and Curry as having elite 3-point capability, even though the stats don't support it for Bird and MJ due to era

So with the era differences nullifying the 3-point stats, the reason I view Bird as a better shooter than MJ but not Curry, is that Bird can make contested shots just like MJ, while Curry can't..

So similar to Curry, Bird has the perceived advantage over MJ on threes, except Bird can make contested shots - so I view Bird as a better shooter than MJ but not Curry
You actually admitted another player was better at something than Jordan, that's impressive :applause:

colts19
04-18-2020, 03:22 PM

the era differences nullify the 3-point stats... :confusedshrug:...

So the reason I view Bird as a better shooter than MJ but not Curry, is that Bird can make contested jumpers just like MJ, while Curry can't..

So similar to Curry, Bird has the perceived advantage over MJ on threes, except Bird can make contested jumpers too - so I view Bird as a better shooter than MJ but not Curry

Seems Fair.

3ball
04-18-2020, 03:25 PM
soon enough we'll hear that MJ was a better passer than magic.

^^^ That was infact the consensus after just a few games of MJ at point guard:

Associated Press, April 9, 1989

"In just 16 games at point guard, Jordan has gone from the league’s leading scorer the last two seasons to being lumped with Johnson, John Stockton of Utah and Isiah Thomas of Detroit as the elite among NBA point guards. Jordan may already be the best of the group."

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2020/3/11/21174817/michael-jordan-triple-doubles-1989-chicago-bulls

https://ballislife.com/michael-jordan-could-of-been-the-best-point-guard-ever-want-proof/

People simply forget that MJ was a great passer because scoring is the most important thing and he was goat at it

3ball has inspired a new generation of retards

Actually, 25 years has revised history for Pippen

He wasn't viewed anywhere NEAR the player back then like he is now - people are surprised to see all the series that he was horrific in

Everyone at the time said the Bulls were a 1-man team and the stats support that - and Pippen was a very controversial top 50 pick at the time - but now he's cemented top 30 after 25 years have passed and more guys have come along.. it's a joke

bison
04-18-2020, 03:29 PM
3 point shooters are either wide open or catch and shoot situations

Mid range shooters are in no man’s land. It’s a combination of needing range and a touch, having handles and being physical like a post up player. For me it’s the territory that exemplifies the best of a basketball player on an individual level. Jordan is the undisputed GOAT here, but it’s crazy that Bird held his own in the mid range while also being a lights out 3 point shooter. Durant is similar to bird in this respect.

tpols
04-18-2020, 03:35 PM
:roll:

3ball
04-18-2020, 03:41 PM
Btw, my initial post on the last page was written funny - I meant to say bird is a better jumpshooter than MJ but Curry isn't better than mj

I think it read like Bird was better than MJ but not better than Curry

Bronbron23
04-18-2020, 03:52 PM
MJ never had a 50/40/90 season :confusedshrug:

None. There were some aspects of shooting where mj was better but overall bird was a better shooter.

Akeem34TheDream
04-18-2020, 03:53 PM
Jordan was the best at everything. Pippen was the worst player of all time.

3ball
04-18-2020, 03:55 PM
Pippen was the worst player of all time.

People say MJ needed Pippen, but Pippen's poor play cost the Bulls titles from 88-90'

its a shame because guys like rookie Worthy averaged 22 on 64% in the 84' Finals against the Celtics - surely that production would've won the 89' and 90' ECF instead of Pippen's 9 on 40%..

So if Worthy (the Piston-killer/dominator) played next to Jordan instead of Pippen, Worthy would've been better than Pippen in HS, college, draft, and now a 2-ring head start as a young pro.. there's no way Pippen overcomes that to still be ranked higher than Worthy all-time - he simply won the "play with MJ lottery", so the winning spotlight inflated his weak production

LostCause
04-18-2020, 06:28 PM
He’s not

Round Mound
04-18-2020, 07:08 PM
Nope but thst doesn't mean much. Jordan was the better ballhandler, slasher, driver, finisher, dunker, defender and pure scorer. Bird was the best all around player of the 80's though.

FromDowntown
04-18-2020, 07:12 PM
People say MJ needed Pippen, but Pippen's poor play cost the Bulls titles from 88-90'

its a shame because guys like rookie Worthy averaged 22 on 64% in the 84' Finals against the Celtics - surely that production would've won the 89' and 90' ECF instead of Pippen's 9 on 40%..

So if Worthy (the Piston-killer/dominator) played next to Jordan instead of Pippen, Worthy would've been better than Pippen in HS, college, draft, and now a 2-ring head start as a young pro.. there's no way Pippen overcomes that to still be ranked higher than Worthy all-time - he simply won the "play with MJ lottery", so the winning spotlight inflated his weak production

SP (Scottie Pippen aka STIMULUS PACKAGE) taught MJ how to win

MJs three years with three playoff runs equaled 10 games. One win and nine losses.

SP Stimulus Pippen taught MJ how to win. He taught him how to defend. PERIOD

3ball
04-19-2020, 12:53 AM
SP (Scottie Pippen aka STIMULUS PACKAGE) taught MJ how to win

MJs three years with three playoff runs equaled 10 games. One win and nine losses.

SP Stimulus Pippen taught MJ how to win. He taught him how to defend. PERIOD
MJ's first playoff win (88' 1st Rd)

Jordan... 45 ppg
Pippen..... 7 ppg

Pippen didn't teach MJ shit... MJ cradled Pippen like a baby and raised him

The reason MJ finally won with in 88' was because he finally had a high seed and easier 1st Rd matchup (he had 8 vs 1 matchup previously)