PDA

View Full Version : How many rings does LeBron get if AD/Wade/Kyrie takes $2M/year like Pippen?

Mamba4Life
04-20-2020, 01:20 AM
What does the roster look like if LeBron's 2nd best player takes $2M a year like Pippen did?

The 2010 Heat probably get an additional all-star to sign like Amare or Carmelo that offseason.

So LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Melo or Amare

The 2014 Cavs have cap space, probably have money to sign Durant as well in 2016 or settle for Melo in 2014

So LeBron/Kyrie/Love/Durant

The 2019 Lakers get to sign Kawhi as well or Kemba

LeBron/AD/Kawhi or Kemba

:wtf:

3ball
04-20-2020, 07:17 AM
Offensive players are more expensive then defensive players

So defenders are more expensive to build around because you must surround them with expensive offensive players

Otoh, offensive players cheaper to build around because you don't have to surround them with as many offensive teammates (which cost more) and can fill out the roster with cheaper defenders instead

So Krause was just being smart by underpaying Pippen - as a great defender but inconsistent offensively, Pippen was expensive to build around - his inconsistent offense meant the team needed more expensive offensive help, so Krause underpaid Pippen to compensate for the expensive offensive additions that
his weaker offense required

That's one theory at least

warriorfan
04-20-2020, 07:34 AM
Oh yes. Lebron needs more help. :roll: :roll:

Mamba4Life
04-20-2020, 11:12 AM
???

deathawaitu
04-20-2020, 11:24 AM
What does the roster look like if LeBron's 2nd best player takes $2M a year like Pippen did?

The 2010 Heat probably get an additional all-star to sign like Amare or Carmelo that offseason.

The 2014 Cavs have cap space, probably have money to sign Durant as well in 2016 or settle for Melo in 2014

LeBron/AD/Kawhi or Kemba

Since AD is the best player on Lakers, Lebron should learn to take $2M/year

Poor AD had to carry his #2 Lebron (making max $$$) to his first winning record in the West

Turbo Slayer
04-20-2020, 11:57 AM
Since AD is the best player on Lakers, Lebron should learn to take $2M/year

Poor AD had to carry his #2 Lebron (making max $$$) to his first winning record in the West This proves that you say statements with no facts and no context.

LeBron was leading his team in 2018-19 to playoff contention before he suffered a groin injury in December and had to miss a month of playing time. That is a substantial amount of games to play.

Also Lonzo Ball got injured with an ankle injury missing 1 months after LeBron went down...

It's literally no surprise why the Lakers fell out of playoff contention...

Also, if you choose to use words without context then I could do the same thing too (But I don't b/c I'm not a troll)

Shaq carried Kobe in the 2000 Finals

Shaq- 40 points avg

Kobe- 15 points avg

Adding context, Kobe suffered a injury when Jalen Rose injured him.

-------------------------

If LeBron missed the Playoffs assuming he had a relatively healthy roster around all year in 2019 than there is room for valid criticism but yours is invalid since that Lakers team suffered injuries causing them to drop out of the playoff race...

Mamba4Life
04-20-2020, 04:51 PM
This proves that you say statements with no facts and no context.

LeBron was leading his team in 2018-19 to playoff contention before he suffered a groin injury in December and had to miss a month of playing time. That is a substantial amount of games to play.

Also Lonzo Ball got injured with an ankle injury missing 1 months after LeBron went down...

Also, if you choose to use words without context then I could do the same thing too (But I don't b/c I'm not a troll)

Shaq- 40 points avg

Kobe- 15 points avg

If LeBron missed the Playoffs assuming he had a relatively healthy roster around all year in 2019 than there is room for valid criticism but yours is invalid since that Lakers team suffered injuries causing them to drop out of the playoff race...

Got’em

FromDowntown
04-21-2020, 01:08 AM
Facts

Overdrive
04-21-2020, 01:15 AM

LeBron/AD/Kawhi or Kemba

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/scottie-pippen-contract-explained-how-the-bulls-managed-to-secure-a-hall-of-famer-for-pennies-on-the-dollar/

Lebron and Wade didn't take the max in '11 either.

Kblaze8855
04-21-2020, 05:41 AM
It’s actually not that different from the 2011 Heat relative to each leagues salary cap. Pippen made the modern cap equivalent of about 22 million in 1992 when that deal kicked in and Wade the modern cap equivalent of 24 in 10/11. It’s just a huge bottom dollar difference due to the cap rising with cable and digital rights. 2-3 million in a league with a 12 million cap is....kinda a lot. It just didn’t stay a lot for very long after the new cba.

Its like when the Warriors gave Steph 50 million or whatever then digital rights fees bumped the cap over 100 million so Mike Conley got 150. Pippens mistake was signing so long term. Modern stars are protected from that by the modern contract rules.

Those old rules limited movement and made a lot of stars underpaid because you could pay whatever you wanted for as long as you wanted and get over on people who didn’t see the big picture.

dbugz
04-21-2020, 07:06 AM
N e e d

M o r e

H e l p

deathawaitu
04-21-2020, 10:14 AM
This proves that you say statements with no facts and no context.

Shaq- 40 points avg

Kobe- 15 points avg

Most people are aware Shaq carried the lakers in the finals. Just like everyone knew Kobe carried the Lakers to the Finals

In contention early in the season doesn't really mean much. (Clipper were first seed)

All a sudden Lebron stans cares about Lonzo Ball? Pretty sure all you stans were shitting on the kid and other young core. But now you used it to defend Lebron? What a joke

Here are the facts and Context:

- How did Lebron and Lakers do before AD? Miss playoff
- What was Lebron record first year as a Lakers? 50% win record 29-28 (something like that)

And most importantly what was his record when he announced "playoff mode" activated? This is the west not the east

Try again

LostCause
04-21-2020, 10:22 AM
And most importantly what was his record when he announced "playoff mode" activated?

Honestly I don't like talking bad about LeBron, he's an amazing player and definitely should be in the discussion for Top 3 all-time based on his body of work and talent. However that "playoff mode" shit kills me every time. The memes just write themselves

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1102809954740658176

Duncan21formvp
06-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Well he has 2 bronze medals.

light
06-03-2020, 01:56 AM
Gotta give Krause a ton of credit for convincing Pip and MJ to sign terrible contracts.

Their own stupidity led to some of their success.