PDA

View Full Version : KD: MJ would be the best player in today's NBA

dbugz
04-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Truly is the GOAT :bowdown::bowdown:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WeakCornyIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

Uncle Drew
04-21-2020, 03:01 PM
Considering he can't shoot 3's, he'd be borderline unplayable. Poor man's Tony Allen.

Phoenix
04-21-2020, 03:35 PM
I see a few simpletons survived the purge. Keep posting.

34-24 Footwork
04-21-2020, 06:41 PM
100% correct. There's only a few people who disagree.

34-24 Footwork
04-21-2020, 06:41 PM
Sexy gif, OP.

sportjames23
04-21-2020, 09:26 PM
WE WIN AGAIN :banana::pimp::rockon:

Axe
04-21-2020, 09:47 PM
Considering he can't shoot 3's, he'd be borderline unplayable. Poor man's Tony Allen.
*Started watching nba in 2011

Ok.

Vragrant
04-21-2020, 10:02 PM
One thing the documentary reminded me about, was how early people thought MJ was the GOAT. Bobby Knight said he was the best player to ever play the game, before he entered the NBA! Having lived in the MJ era, I remember after he retired after his first threepeat he was already called the GOAT.

jstern
04-21-2020, 10:10 PM
I remember before his first championship people saying it. I remember reading old archived message board post, I think Usenet post from the 80s saying that Jordan was the goat.

And they were polite about it. I seem to remember one post from a Celtics fan criticizing Jordan going something like, "He's the best basketball player ever, but..."

Different times, it wasn't about rings, it was literally about what your eyes told you. I remember the 90s being a similar way, with the lack of fanboys from multiple sides.

Monta Ellis MVP
04-21-2020, 10:18 PM
I remember before his first championship people saying it. I remember reading old archived message board post, I think Usenet post from the 80s saying that Jordan was the goat.

And they were polite about it. I seem to remember one post from a Celtics fan criticizing Jordan going something like, "He's the best basketball player ever, but..."

Different times, it wasn't about rings, it was literally about what your eyes told you. I remember the 90s being a similar way, with the lack of fanboys from multiple sides.

My Dad told me this is what it was like too.

Bankaii
04-21-2020, 10:23 PM
The GOAT would be a better player than old man Lebron, injured KD, and load management Kawhi? Color me shocked.

2016 would be a legit argument, let alone 2012-13.

Rico2016
04-21-2020, 10:29 PM
Prime MJ vs 2020 LBJ. Sheesh. This is what it has come to. By the way, where is your KG avatar picture at? Don't be shy now.

Axe
04-21-2020, 10:39 PM
Prime MJ vs 2020 LBJ. Sheesh. This is what it has come to. By the way, where is your KG avatar picture at? Don't be shy now.
2020 without any playoff appearances yet in the western conference? Interesting.

Stephonit
04-21-2020, 11:24 PM
I've tried speaking up for the guy but KD is so soft. Why on earth would he say this? Jordan never played in this league. KD never faced him. So why is he already conceding that Jordan would be the best? From a guy who supposedly has a claim on that distinction himself. Embarrassing.

Lebron23
04-21-2020, 11:46 PM

He is probably Jameson from facebook. The Filipino troll who is a wannabee Henry Rivera.

34-24 Footwork
04-21-2020, 11:57 PM
I've tried speaking up for the guy but KD is so soft. Why on earth would he say this? Jordan never played in this league. KD never faced him. So why is he already conceding that Jordan would be the best? From a guy who supposedly has a claim on that distinction himself. Embarrassing.

Because he's being objective and honest. Nothing wrong with it. It's his opinion. It's not crazy for him to believe that.

34-24 Footwork
04-22-2020, 12:00 AM
2020 without any playoff appearances yet in the western conference? Interesting.

Playoff Mode still isn't activated, apparently.

Stephonit
04-22-2020, 12:01 AM
Because he's being objective and honest. Nothing wrong with it. It's his opinion. It's not crazy for him to believe that.

If they had played against each other sure. But it's based on no direct evidence. It's pathetic. Anyone who'll go simply by reputation on such a matter that hits so close to his own looks weak-willed to me. The only sort of excuse which still isn't an excuse is if the Nike dollars convinced him to say it. He did quite a bit more damage to his reputation in my eyes with this comment than he did with a lot of others.

34-24 Footwork
04-22-2020, 12:05 AM
If they had played against each other sure. But it's based on no direct evidence. It's pathetic. Anyone who'll go simply by reputation on such a matter that hits so close to his own looks weak-willed to me. The only sort of excuse which still isn't an excuse is if the Nike dollars convinced him to say it. He did quite a bit of damage to his reputation in my eyes with this comment than he did with a lot of others.

We're talking about a guy that put snakes on his shoes to market the hatred. Lol. He has Nike by the scrotum.

He's just a dude that grew up watching highlights and basketball games of MJ like most of us. I don't think KD has anything to gain by saying what most people believe.

Axe
04-22-2020, 12:06 AM
Playoff Mode still isn't activated, apparently.
That's sad and with the ongoing league suspension, it's gonna be twice in a row already.

Stephonit
04-22-2020, 12:11 AM
We're talking about a guy that put snakes on his shoes to market the hatred. Lol. He has Nike by the scrotum.

He's just a dude that grew up watching highlights and basketball games of MJ like most of us. I don't think KD has anything to gain by saying what most people believe.

While he was on GSW he had leverage. Now? The media has already gone back to cheering for LeBron and is gilding the lily with Giannis. Nike will have no problem sacrificing KD on the altar of MJ's greatness.

Soundwave
04-22-2020, 03:12 AM
Kawhi Leonard is basically a crappy version of Jordan and arguably Leonard is the best overall player in the game today so there's nothing surprising about that.

Kawhi is similar to Jordan but not as athletic or ruthlessly competitive (that soft spoken crap gets lame after a while). His movements are more robotic and clunky and he doesn't have the same agility/explosiveness in the air like Jordan did.

38/39 year-old Jordan still was dropping 23 ppg on the Wizards, you are kidding yourself if you don't think 33-34 year old Jordan would be averaging 30+ a night and 28 year old Jordan or so ... would just eat the league alive.

Anyone who doesn't seriously think this is doing more cocaine than the 1983 Bulls.

Soundwave
04-22-2020, 03:18 AM
One thing the documentary reminded me about, was how early people thought MJ was the GOAT. Bobby Knight said he was the best player to ever play the game, before he entered the NBA! Having lived in the MJ era, I remember after he retired after his first threepeat he was already called the GOAT.

Honestly you could see that shit straight up when the US Olympic team (all college players) had that exhibition game against NBA All-Stars, and like Magic and Isiah Thomas were playing on the NBA side.

Jordan was hands down the best player on either team by a noticable margin even before playing a single NBA game.

Imagine some kid from college on a team of college players just stepping onto the court with LeBron and Giannis and just flat out dominating them, only Isiah and Magic were still in their peak/prime then to boot.

SATAN
04-22-2020, 03:36 AM
It's great to see that you take the words of Kevin Durant so seriously. No agenda at all.

Akeem34TheDream
04-22-2020, 04:58 AM
Kawhi Leonard is basically a crappy version of Jordan and arguably Leonard is the best overall player in the game today so there's nothing surprising about that.

Kawhi is similar to Jordan but not as athletic or ruthlessly competitive (that soft spoken crap gets lame after a while). His movements are more robotic and clunky and he doesn't have the same agility/explosiveness in the air like Jordan did.

38/39 year-old Jordan still was dropping 23 ppg on the Wizards, you are kidding yourself if you don't think 33-34 year old Jordan would be averaging 30+ a night and 28 year old Jordan or so ... would just eat the league alive.

Anyone who doesn't seriously think this is doing more cocaine than the 1983 Bulls.
He doesn't need to talk trash. He beats his competition silently. He dunks on your head and jogs back to defense. REAL MEN are known for what they do, not what they say. If you really think competitiveness requires talking sht and then you are an idiot.

nayte
04-22-2020, 05:45 AM
I maybe be wrong but aren't their 3 point percentages in the playoffs pretty close