PDA

View Full Version : Who would have been awarded the 2016 FMVP if Warriors won game 7?

Stanley Kobrick
04-21-2020, 11:10 PM
As i sit and ponder back on old NBA archives during worldwide lockdown, i can't help but to ponder as I rewatch 2016 Finals who would have won the Finals MVP if Warriors were actually able to win game 7 and not miss their final 10 shots. i've come to believe they may have rewarded it to Draymond Green with his miraculous Gm 7 performance and defensive domination on Kevin Love all series holding him to just 9ppg

Either that or they would have split the FMVP with Lebron and Draymond like they almost did in 2015 when Iguodala and Lebron were both awarded MVP votes respectively

What is your thoughts?

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2020, 11:20 PM
It would've definitely gone to Dray, especially coming off his performance in Game 7

red1
04-21-2020, 11:26 PM
100% would've been draymond. they lost when he was out and he was on fire in game 7.

SouBeachTalents
04-21-2020, 11:30 PM
What I wanna know is, who gets FMVP if the other Finals Game 7 results get reversed.

Who the hell would you give it to on the '94 Knicks, '05 Pistons, '10 Celtics, '13 Spurs? That would be a very difficult task

Stanley Kobrick
04-21-2020, 11:31 PM
It would've definitely gone to Dray, especially coming off his performance in Game 7
i remember going into game 6 this was the overall agreement between fans on real gm and reddit as well. which is wild when you consider draymond green missed an entire game and still would have won FMVP over 3 other all-star teammates that played for team usa that summer. he was the engine to GSW success and most vocal leader.

Draymonds foul on lebron at the rim in gm 7 saved golden state decades of embaresment. 73 win team wih HCA blowing a 3-1 Finals lead to a game winning dunk . wow imagine the still photography if Lebron made that and Draymond wasn't quick enough to contest. but Draymond was, he was an elite defender, infact NBA's best

Axe
04-22-2020, 12:11 AM
If only draymond was also more of a scoring machine than he originally is, who knows. He could've been unanimous to receive the said award.

Stanley Kobrick
04-22-2020, 08:37 AM
If only draymond was also more of a scoring machine than he originally is, who knows. He could've been unanimous to receive the said award.
i agree with you axe

coastalmarker99
04-22-2020, 08:51 AM
i agree with you axe

I think Lebron was getting the finals MVP win or lose if they had lost i say that the voters would have given it to LeBron he had lead both teams in every stat and his efficiency was great compared to the year prior where they had lost in 6 and LeBron still got 5 votes. and if it went 7 in 2015 LeBron would have more then likely got the award. now in 2016, it went 7 LeBron and after game, I think some voters said that even if the Cavs lost game 7 they were going to still vote LeBron as the finals mvp. and because of that game 7 being so close if the cavs lost by 1 or 2 points he would have gotten it like jerry west in 1969. Through it would have been awkward as hell if lebron had to accept the award while golden state is at the podium celebrating their championship in front of lebron as Bill Russell hands him it.

Axe
04-22-2020, 08:52 AM
I think Lebron was getting the finals MVP win or lose if they had lost i say that the voters would have given it to LeBron he had lead both teams in every stat and his efficiency was great compared to the year prior where they had lost in 6 and LeBron still got 5 votes. and if it went 7 in 2015 LeBron would have more then likely got the award. now in 2016, it went 7 LeBron and after game, I think some voters said that even if the Cavs lost game 7 they were going to still vote LeBron as the finals mvp.
You do realize that late 60s was from more than 50 years ago, right?

SATAN
04-22-2020, 08:53 AM
it would've definitely gone to dray, especially coming off his performance in game 7

lmao

LostCause
04-22-2020, 08:59 AM
Draymond

He was the best player in the series for Games 1 and 2 (Both wins) and had a beast of a Game 7. His games between those are what would be the main argument against him (Getting suspended, having a pretty bad Game 3 etc)

coastalmarker99
04-22-2020, 09:00 AM
You do realize that late 60s was from more than 50 years ago, right?

I know there were articles LeBron is the overwhelming favourite to win the finals MVP no matter what his team does Sunday. The odds after Game 6 were James at -260 to win the award, which means you must bet $260 to win $100. The next three candidates are all Warriors with Stephen Curry (3-1), Klay Thompson (5-1) and Draymond Green (10-1). James' teammate Kyrie Irving, who injured his left foot last night, is next at 15-1. Harrison Barnes and his 9.2 points per game are still on the board at 1,000-1.

SATAN
04-22-2020, 09:02 AM
Stephen Curry (3-1)

lmao

Axe
04-22-2020, 09:04 AM
I know there were articles LeBron is the overwhelming favourite to win the finals MVP no matter what his team does Sunday. The odds after Game 6 were James at -260 to win the award, which means you must bet $260 to win $100. The next three candidates are all Warriors with Stephen Curry (3-1), Klay Thompson (5-1) and Draymond Green (10-1). James' teammate Kyrie Irving, who injured his left foot last night, is next at 15-1. Harrison Barnes and his 9.2 points per game are still on the board at 1,000-1.
Put those crap aside since it wouldn't matter that much anyway once the actual results are there. It's just plain simple, really.

He can't be fmvp if he loses, no matter the freaking effort. But if he wins, then of course yes. And 2016 happened to be his most recent.

LAL
04-22-2020, 09:07 AM
I think Lebron was getting the finals MVP win or lose if they had lost i say that the voters would have given it to LeBron he had lead both teams in every stat and his efficiency was great compared to the year prior where they had lost in 6 and LeBron still got 5 votes. and if it went 7 in 2015 LeBron would have more then likely got the award. now in 2016, it went 7 LeBron and after game, I think some voters said that even if the Cavs lost game 7 they were going to still vote LeBron as the finals mvp. and because of that game 7 being so close if the cavs lost by 1 or 2 points he would have gotten it like jerry west in 1969. Through it would have been awkward as hell if lebron had to accept the award while golden state is at the podium celebrating their championship in front of lebron as Bill Russell hands him it.

No bronstan. No.

SATAN
04-22-2020, 09:11 AM
Anyone who says things like "bronstan" can't be taken seriously. It's clear this guy doesn't know basketball. I'd write up a play and send him off a cliff :lol

Stanley Kobrick
05-03-2020, 12:08 PM
Draymond

He was the best player in the series for Games 1 and 2 (Both wins) and had a beast of a Game 7. His games between those are what would be the main argument against him (Getting suspended, having a pretty bad Game 3 etc)
true

warriorfan
05-03-2020, 12:14 PM

Vegas also predicted LeBron to beat Orlando when he had Home Court Advantage and the Magic were starting a literal And-1 player at point due to their all star Jameer Nelson being out with an injury. Also was Vegas Favorites in 2011 when he got outscored by Jason Terry and lost in the NBA Finals after colluding with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league, both from the same already historically weak Eastern Conference. Thus further weakening the already weak conference while stacking his team. So Vegas isn’t correct all of the time.

AlternativeAcc.
05-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Draymond

Curry would've choked FMVP to sub 13ppg scorers in back to back seasons

Curry was a 3rd/4th fiddle propped up by the media because he scored well in regular season while doing none of the dirty work and being completely one dimensional.

Curry really sucks, he's no better than his brother. Just different circumstances

Stanley Kobrick
05-03-2020, 12:59 PM
Draymond

Curry would've choked FMVP to sub 13ppg scorers in back to back seasons

Curry was a 3rd/4th fiddle propped up by the media because he scored well in regular season while doing none of the dirty work and being completely one dimensional.

Curry really sucks, he's no better than his brother. Just different circumstances
I agree with you AlternativeAcc

Goldrush25
05-03-2020, 06:28 PM
My first guess would be Draymond. No one really stood out but his absence allowed the Cavs to make it to game 7 and he had the best performance that game.