PDA

View Full Version : What did a prime LeBron need to beat the 2009 Magic?

Nowoco
04-24-2020, 08:31 PM
https://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Orlando+Magic+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+Game+2+6Rdk9a5 lD5Ux.jpg

Turbo Slayer
04-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Nearly a 40 point triple double on 49% FG percent shooting. So he did well.

SouBeachTalents
04-24-2020, 08:40 PM
What did Duncan need to beat the 8 seed Grizzlies?

STATUTORY
04-24-2020, 08:53 PM
needed "moar halp"

Axe
04-24-2020, 08:55 PM
Poor thing Big Z's 7'3 frame wasn't just enough for them to get past over defensive stalwart Superman.

scuzzy
04-24-2020, 09:13 PM
Poor thing Big Z's 7'3 frame wasn't just enough for them to get past over defensive stalwart Superman.
mismatch nightmare it was

cripple Ben/Wally having to check Hedo/Rashard Lewis on the perimeter, old Z having to battle for position with prime Dwight, Rafer Alston locking up Mo Williams to 37%fg :oldlol:

poor Mike Brown threw every rotation in the book that series and nothing worked, Cavs simply weren't built long and athletic enough to beat the Magic. Unlike Lakers who had Pau/Bynum giving Dwight fits and Ariza/Odom to match Hedo/Rashards length.

nearly 90% of Cavs 2009 roster was out of the league or retired by 2011

Axe
04-24-2020, 09:23 PM
mismatch nightmare it was

cripple Ben/Wally having to check Hedo/Rashard Lewis on the perimeter, old Z having to battle for position with prime Dwight, Rafer Alston locking up Mo Williams to 37%fg :oldlol:

poor Mike Brown threw every rotation in the book that series and nothing worked, Cavs simply weren't built long and athletic enough to beat the Magic. Unlike Lakers who had Pau/Bynum giving Dwight fits and Ariza/Odom to match Hedo/Rashards length.

nearly 90% of Cavs 2009 roster was out of the league or retired by 2011
Well, cavs could have formed a potential twin tower duo in Z and varejao during the series. I just don't know if the latter is athletic or tough enough for the role but i guess it could've been better than nothing at all.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQQ3AQGdc1443jUHleZ_7vaElZG-rHhxOx9GGTf33sKsCOm-h1N&usqp=CAU

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-24-2020, 09:29 PM
He needed a damn jumpshot which he still doesn't have.Dwight was also in his prime but he didn't have a postgame,a bad freethrow shooter and was surrounded by shooters in Hedo Turkoglu,Rashard Lewis,Courtney Lee,Mickael Pietrus and J.J. Reddick.Mo Williams made the all-star in 2009 yet they couldn't get passed the Magic in ECF.Lakers beat them in just 5 games in the finals.Kobe Bryant was waiting for LeBron in the finals,he didn't hold up his end of the bargain.

scuzzy
04-24-2020, 09:43 PM
Well, cavs could have formed a potential twin tower duo in Z and varejao during the series. I just don't know if the latter is athletic or tough enough for the role but i guess it could've been better than nothing at all.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQQ3AQGdc1443jUHleZ_7vaElZG-rHhxOx9GGTf33sKsCOm-h1N&usqp=CAU
Neither player could create their own offense or create for other teammates. A cutting Varajao was spoon fed on Lebron's dimes and Z was all pick n pop.

Varajao was all hustle and flop, but like Delly a fan favorite

Z and Ben both struggled with back spasms all year and missed 30 games each.

For this exact reason is why they went out and picked up a heavy body in Shaq the next season and guys like Anthony Parker and Jamison for length/versatility.

LeCroix
04-24-2020, 09:51 PM
Scottie Pippen, Horrace Grant, and Charles Oakley. Or was that the requirements to set on Michael.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-24-2020, 10:07 PM
Scottie Pippen, Horrace Grant, and Charles Oakley. Or was that the requirements to set on Michael.

You also forgot to add that LeBron needs a jumpshot,Oakley wasn't with Jordan for that long and he was an enforcer.Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen got better because of Jordan,LeBron has never made anyone better that's why he's always looking for superteams.Oakley/Grant/Pippen aren't shooters which is what LeBron relies on because he can't shoot.So Pippen would have never developed the same way he did with Jordan if he was playing with LeBron.

RRR3
04-24-2020, 10:12 PM
You also forgot to add that LeBron needs a jumpshot,Oakley wasn't with Jordan for that long and he was an enforcer.Horace Grant and Scottie Pippen got better because of Jordan,LeBron has never made anyone better that's why he's always looking for superteams.Oakley/Grant/Pippen aren't shooters which is what LeBron relies on because he can't shoot.So Pippen would have never developed the same way he did with Jordan if he was playing with LeBron.
He averaged 38.5 PPG on 59.1 TS%

Jumpshot doe

red1
04-24-2020, 10:19 PM
I love the highlights from that season and from those playoffs. his game was complete and absolutely dominant.

its a great display for lebron on the all-time rankings. 2009 lebron highlights.

2009 lebron and 2009 wade playing together would be even more athletic than 1st three-peat jordan and pippen :roll:

RRR3
04-24-2020, 10:22 PM
"LeBron only averaged 38.5 PPG on 59.1 TS% what a scrub.

If he was actually good he would have averaged 75 PPG on 95.4 TS%"

That's what y'all sound like.

red1
04-24-2020, 10:26 PM
this is the most athletic player in NBA history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd4nr9TURt4

Turbo Slayer
04-24-2020, 10:30 PM

LeBron has never made anyone better Then explain why LeBron ball led the Cavs to the 2007 Finals and led the Cavs to 60 wins twice in 2 consecutive years. Care to explain that? Also the narrative that LeBron ball diminishes teammates is entirely false as well. I can show the data. Try me.

Oakley/Grant/Pippen aren't shooters which is what LeBron relies on because he can't shoot. 1.The Lakers this year are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams and yet the Lakers are the 1st seed in the Western Conference.

2. LeBron can't shoot? Well LeBron makes up for finishing at the rim. He is one of the greatest players in terms of finishing at the rim. LeBron is also a great playmaker as well.

HakeemAlHilm
04-24-2020, 10:51 PM
Another solid wing defender with size

Monta Ellis MVP
04-24-2020, 10:56 PM
This was a great series. LeBron had amazing stats.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-24-2020, 10:57 PM
Then explain why LeBron ball led the Cavs to the 2007 Finals and led the Cavs to 60 wins twice in 2 consecutive years. Care to explain that? Also the narrative that LeBron ball diminishes teammates is entirely false as well. I can show the data. Try me.
Yet didn't win in any games in the finals against the Spurs,weak eastern conference,LeBron didn't make anyone better on that team.Explain to me why LeBron didn't make the playoffs in 2004 and 2005,Zydrunas made the all-star in 05.LeBron Ball does dimishes teammates dude,look what happened once Wade,Bosh,Love,Rondo played next to him,their production diminished and had to change their game for LeBron.Explain to me why Ingram,Hood,Rose,Hart,Zubac got better once they got away from LeBron.

1.The Lakers this year are one of the worst 3 point shooting teams and yet the Lakers are the 1st seed in the Western Conference.
That's only because Paul George was missing a lot of games this season along with him and Kawhi not playing together that many games,Clippers beat them the first time without PG and the second time with PG.Lakers only got LeBron and AD,their bench is weak and they aren't using Kuzma to his full potential.Clippers have the best bench in the NBA today.

2. LeBron can't shoot? Well LeBron makes up for finishing at the rim. He is one of the greatest players in terms of finishing at the rim. LeBron is also a great playmaker as well.
Driving to the basket is not impressive,he's in year 17 and still don't have a polished jumpshot or a postgame,WEAKSAUCE!! If LeBron was stripped of going to the basket he's screwed,he will brick a lot of shots,his percentage will drop,he'll start panicking and giving up the ball to his teammates.

Nowoco
04-24-2020, 11:24 PM
Imagine being an ATG and losing a series in your prime to a starting 5 of

Dwight Howard
Rashard Lewis
Hedo Türkoğlu
Rafer Alston
Courtney Lee

No legacy recovers from this.

Monta Ellis MVP
04-24-2020, 11:26 PM

Dwight Howard
Rashard Lewis
Hedo Türkoğlu
Rafer Alston
Courtney Lee

Someone who I work with at McDonalds is Hedo Turkoglu’s cousin. We are all LeBron fans.

LeCroix
04-24-2020, 11:33 PM
As if we and OP can guess his starting line up every year that task is too much too handle.

Axe
04-25-2020, 12:54 AM
Neither player could create their own offense or create for other teammates. A cutting Varajao was spoon fed on Lebron's dimes and Z was all pick n pop.

Varajao was all hustle and flop, but like Delly a fan favorite

Z and Ben both struggled with back spasms all year and missed 30 games each.

For this exact reason is why they went out and picked up a heavy body in Shaq the next season and guys like Anthony Parker and Jamison for length/versatility.
I suppose and that's why they never flourished. Meanwhile, shaq had declined a lot already from his original state when the cavs acquired him back then.

Lebron23
04-25-2020, 02:13 AM

Did you even watched the series you stupid son of a bitch? Lebron averaged 39 ppg in that series.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-25-2020, 02:37 AM
Did you even watched the series you stupid son of a bitch? Lebron averaged 39 ppg in that series.

WTF are you talking about LeBronsexual

Lebron23
04-25-2020, 02:47 AM
WTF are you talking about LeBronsexual

Just shut hell up.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-25-2020, 02:50 AM
Just shut hell up.

You shut the hell up,I'm not the one pulling out imaginary stats out of thin air.

SATAN
04-25-2020, 02:51 AM

More than likely hasn't watched basketball since the 90s, like most Jordan stans.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-25-2020, 02:54 AM
More than likely hasn't watched basketball since the 90s, like most Jordan stans.

LeBronsexuals tell themselves that every night before bed

aj1987
04-25-2020, 03:28 AM
Yet didn't win in any games in the finals against the Spurs,weak eastern conference,LeBron didn't make anyone better on that team.Explain to me why LeBron didn't make the playoffs in 2004 and 2005,Zydrunas made the all-star in 05.LeBron Ball does dimishes teammates dude,look what happened once Wade,Bosh,Love,Rondo played next to him,their production diminished and had to change their game for LeBron.Explain to me why Ingram,Hood,Rose,Hart,Zubac got better once they got away from LeBron.

That's only because Paul George was missing a lot of games this season along with him and Kawhi not playing together that many games,Clippers beat them the first time without PG and the second time with PG.Lakers only got LeBron and AD,their bench is weak and they aren't using Kuzma to his full potential.Clippers have the best bench in the NBA today.

Driving to the basket is not impressive,he's in year 17 and still don't have a polished jumpshot or a postgame,WEAKSAUCE!! If LeBron was stripped of going to the basket he's screwed,he will brick a lot of shots,his percentage will drop,he'll start panicking and giving up the ball to his teammates.

Did your LAL account get banned already, retard? :oldlol:

Keep melting down and posting absolutely autistic drivel. LeBron is cemented as a top 2-3 GOAT and Brick is just hovering ~10-14.

With that being said, Kobe wouldn't even get out of the first round with those rosters that LeBron had on the Cavs. MJ either. It's a fact that MJ would be first round fodder without an alpha like Pippen and Kobe would be getting bukkake'd in the first round without a HOF big.

Dwight Howard
Rashard Lewis
Hedo Türkoğlu
Rafer Alston
Courtney Lee

Imagine being an ATG and losing a series in your prime as the #1 seed to a #8 seed.

Imagine being an ATG and getting a bronze for your country while you're in your PEAK.

OrlandoMagicGuy
04-25-2020, 03:56 AM
Did your LAL account get banned already, retard? :oldlol:

Keep melting down and posting absolutely autistic drivel. LeBron is cemented as a top 2-3 GOAT and Brick is just hovering ~10-14.

With that being said, Kobe wouldn't even get out of the first round with those rosters that LeBron had on the Cavs. MJ either. It's a fact that MJ would be first round fodder without an alpha like Pippen and Kobe would be getting bukkake'd in the first round without a HOF big.
Oh great,someone thinks I'm somebody else even though I'm not.Let me set the record straight,I'm not LAL whoever that is.I have two accounts on here the first one I created was AnimeSportsGuy which was last year.Believe it or not I never posted on that account,I decided to create a new one and here I am.

I've been on this forum for a few years now even before I created an account,I already know how you operate on here (LeBronsexual) and I want no part of it.

aj1987
04-25-2020, 04:03 AM
Oh great,someone thinks I'm somebody else even though I'm not.Let me set the record straight,I'm not LAL whoever that is.I have two accounts on here the first one I created was AnimeSportsGuy which was last year.Believe it or not I never posted on that account,I decided to create a new one and here I am.

I've been on this forum for a few years now even before I created an account,I already know how you operate on here (LeBronsexual) and I want no part of it.

The exact same posting style (a ton of autism mixed with a bit of ******ry) and the same name calling. How much of a chicken shit do you have to be, to lie on an anonymous message board? :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
04-25-2020, 05:46 AM
Mo to shoot 40%, not 38

Basically he just needed Mo to hit one more shot, at the end of game 1.

aj1987
04-25-2020, 06:33 AM
Mo to shoot 40%, not 38

Basically he just needed Mo to hit one more shot, at the end of game 1.

Big Z was complete trash. West was garbage as well.

StrongLurk
04-25-2020, 08:04 AM
A team that could guard the three point line.

Rysio
04-25-2020, 08:56 AM
Not falling in the trap of trying to beat the team all by himself like he did. If he actually tried to play team basketball instead of trying to get his on every possession the Cavs could've won.

aj1987
04-26-2020, 05:08 AM
Not falling in the trap of trying to beat the team all by himself like he did. If he actually tried to play team basketball instead of trying to get his on every possession the Cavs could've won.

Big Z as a 7'3" center shot 45%. Mo was shooting ~37%. West was dog shit. Who was he supposed to pass the ball to, if his teammates are not making shots? The Cavs as a team shot 43.5% outside LeBron.