PDA

View Full Version : Random Kobe comment from Jamison.

Kblaze8855
04-26-2020, 02:16 PM
"Kobe will tell you," Jamison said. "He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that.' "
Jamison said the veteran-laden roster has adapted to Bryant's style and the players have no problem with confronting the five-time champion.
"I think the thing we've seen in the past was most teammates might have been afraid to come to him or express, 'Kob' I was open,' or, 'That's not what we drew up,' " Jamison said. "The thing I like about this team, Steve Nash -- who is a Hall of Famer -- and Dwight [Howard] as well, Dwight and Kobe have gotten into shouting matches on the bench because Dwight will be like, 'Kob', that's your rotation. Get there.' And after the game he'll be like, 'Appreciate it, big fella. I needed that.' "

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2020, 02:18 PM
"Kobe will tell you," Jamison said. "He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that.' "

I don't really buy that.

Kobe also told the media he likes physical defense, but then whenever someone got physical he was yelling and looking at the refs all over the place...

dude was a fraud in every sense of the word.

Always intent on portraying that image, but never living it.

Reminds me of his "I still believe we will win this series" down 0-3 to Dallas, then going out like a bum.

Kblaze8855
04-26-2020, 02:18 PM
I respect that. Kobe seems like the type who could have taken hard coaching and respected it if he respected the source. I wish he got a run with another great coach besides Phil. Kobe and Riley would have been nice to see.

AlternativeAcc.
04-26-2020, 02:20 PM
The problem is admitting how fatally flawed you are as a player. Why put the burden on your teammates to confront you for having tunnel vision?

You admit you overlook open teammates because you're focused on scoring yourself. This is Kobe's career in a nutshell.

Someone confronting you after the fact doesn't change anything. This is one of the more moronic player statements ever. Rip though

tpols
04-26-2020, 02:20 PM
from a scoring perspective, Kobe was like a basketball terminator.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IZY2SE2JmPgFG/giphy.gif

AlternativeAcc.
04-26-2020, 02:22 PM
from a scoring perspective, Kobe was like a basketball terminator.

https://media.giphy.com/media/IZY2SE2JmPgFG/giphy.gif

Most missed shots in history by a huge margin

Terminated his FG%

Kblaze8855
04-26-2020, 02:25 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DeficientCrispGodwit-size_restricted.gif

Should have spoken up. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

sportjames23
04-26-2020, 02:25 PM
Most missed shots in history by a huge margin

Terminated his FG%

Your guy was a Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving shot away from entering Jerry West Finals record territory, so you need to chill.

Kblaze8855
04-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Wish I could find the clip I used making this but I can’t so....1:40.

https://youtu.be/uJhU1JNEBd4

Odom and cook wanted that ball bad.

AlternativeAcc.
04-26-2020, 02:33 PM
Your guy was a Ray Allen and Kyrie Irving shot away from entering Jerry West Finals record territory, so you need to chill.

Hey bro, chill

tpols
04-26-2020, 02:34 PM
joe johnson was a stupid midrange scorer.

Turbo Slayer
04-26-2020, 02:46 PM

Your guy was a Ray Allen

So you give no credit for LeBron putting up 16 points on 7/11? (64%) He also made 2 assists in that qtr so he was directly and indirectly responsible for 20+ points. He made a clutch 3 that made the game a 1 possession game to potentially give the Heat a chance to tie it.

I agree that Ray Allen altered LeBron's legacy because if he missed that shot it would have negatively impacted his all-time ranking severely. Also after Ray Allen tied the game, LeBron played clutch defense on Tony Parker who could have sunk the game winner. Also LeBron made the go ahead layup to give the Heat the lead in overtime.

After the Heat won the game they still had to play Game 7 and if they lost Game 7, then the Ray Allen shot wouldn't have mattered anyways if they lost. LeBron dropped 37 points and the dagger.

Kyrie Irving shot away You forgetting that this situation was totally different from the Ray Allen situation. If Kyrie missed that shot there was still about a minute left to go in Game 7. After that missed shot, who knows? Maybe a shot from somebody, putback, et cetera. What I am trying to convey here is that the Kyrie shot was a totally different situation.

Also why no credit for LeBron for putting up 11 points in the 4th quarter outscoring everyone in the 4th? Why no credit for LeBron blocking Iguodala showing us one of the greatest defensive plays of all-time? If Iggy made that layup then the momentum would have shifted to the Warriors side.

LeBron and Kyrie were a 1-2 punch in Game 7. First, LeBrons block then second, Kyries shot! It worked together.

Kblaze8855
04-26-2020, 02:50 PM
joe johnson was a stupid midrange scorer.

One of those guys I don’t want as my teams best player....but would love as a closer. He needed a great big to play with.

tpols
04-26-2020, 02:52 PM
deron williams let him down. ive never been let down more by a player than that guy. he pulled a bynum when he got traded to NJ.

RRR3
04-26-2020, 03:22 PM
It is weird how Deron Williams just stopped being Deron Williams after the 12-13 season. Dude was done at 29.

Kblaze8855
04-27-2020, 02:32 PM
He had a few special moments but yea....if he didn’t screw over Sloan maybe hes a hall of famer. He may have needed that structure.

red1
05-01-2020, 03:34 PM
kobe was a remorseless chucker. the footage doesn't lie.

dwight has zero right to ask for more shots. kobe was just being nice to the doofus manchild.